Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,188 comments
The Silvia Sisters are some of my favourite events in the entire game, and it just goes to show how fantastic this game could be if PD actually cared to add a decent amount of events.

Not only are the payouts decent for the length of the races, but every car on the grid is fully customised with a unique assortment of parts (including several engine-swapped cars) - and best of all, they retroactively added the '96 S14 to the grids after the November update! It genuinely feels as if one of GT4's one-make events was mysteriously teleported into GT7, with no other events quite like it in the game.
Yeah, they're some of my favorites as well. I wish they'd make a Silvia Sisters championship or a couple longer races in the series because they're all done too soon.

Just bought a PS5 last week and as someone who made the transition from PS4 to 5 while playing GT7, I can finally confirm something that has been scratching my head for a while. Back when I played on the PS4 and just watched PS5 gameplays on the internet, I was always wondering: why do the cars sound better on these YouTube videos? I honestly thought I was crazy, because the other day, maybe like 4 or 5 months ago, I asked this question on the Bug Reports thread, but got no answers. This made me believe even more that I was completely nuts, and I couldn't find anyone talking about it here on GTP. If this has been already discussed here, I'm really sorry, but I haven't seen this anywhere.

Turns out the PS5 version really adds an extra effect on the car sounds that make them feel more vivid and aggressive. The sound itself is obviously the same, but like I said, the PS5 version has kind of an echoed overlay effect, and that's mixed up pretty well, it surely makes the PS4 cars sound bland. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about modified exhausts or custom audio settings, there really is a clear difference on car sounds between the PS4 and PS5 versions of GT7. Some of the easiest car examples to notice this if you have the chance and want to compare are the Suzuki Escudo, the Carrera GT or the 918 Spyder, but you'll definitely be able to notice it with every single car.

Last edited:
Just bought a PS5 last week and as someone who made the transition from PS4 to 5 while playing GT7, I can finally confirm something that has been scratching my head for a while. Back when I played on the PS4 and just watched PS5 gameplays on the internet, I was always wondering: why do the cars sound better on these YouTube videos? I honestly thought I was crazy, because the other day, maybe like 4 or 5 months ago, I asked this question on the Bug Reports thread, but got no answers. This made me believe even more that I was completely nuts, and I couldn't find anyone talking about it here on GTP. If this has been already discussed here, I'm really sorry, but I haven't seen this anywhere.

Turns out the PS5 version really adds an extra effect on the car sounds that make them feel more vivid and aggressive. The sound itself is obviously the same, but like I said, the PS5 version has kind of an echoed overlay effect, and that's mixed up pretty well, it surely makes the PS4 cars sound bland. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about modified exhausts or custom audio settings, there really is a clear difference on car sounds between the PS4 and PS5 versions of GT7. Some of the easiest car examples to notice this if you have the chance and want to compare are the Suzuki Escudo, the Carrera GT or the 918 Spyder, but you'll definitely be able to notice it with every single car.
Probably the 3D audio rendering sound bouncing off of the environment.

The Silvia Sisters are some of my favourite events in the entire game, and it just goes to show how fantastic this game could be if PD actually cared to add a decent amount of events.

Not only are the payouts decent for the length of the races, but every car on the grid is fully customised with a unique assortment of parts (including several engine-swapped cars) - and best of all, they retroactively added the '96 S14 to the grids after the November update! It genuinely feels as if one of GT4's one-make events was mysteriously teleported into GT7, with no other events quite like it in the game.
Thanks for this post. Forgot all about those races after finishing them once. They are indeed amazing.
Especially now in VR the night race in Tokio feels amazing.

Thanks for this post. Forgot all about those races after finishing them once. They are indeed amazing.
Especially now in VR the night race in Tokio feels amazing.
They are amongst the beter races that have been added and I do like the thought that's been put into the opponent vehicles. But they still feature the same catch the rabbit format which massively lets them down. I don't understand why PD think this is a good format to base the majority of races on, it really isn't. I'd have loved to have seen more of the Clubman+ style grid start races being added, but we've not had a single one of those. They're hands down the best races in the game in IMO.

I can vouch for that. I played the ps4 a lot when the game came out because my ps5 had to be repaired and when someone asks what the ps5 version has over the ps4 I always point out the sound. It’s much better even if not has noticeable as the graphics and dualsense effects.

e beter races that have been added and I do like the thought that's been put into the opponent vehicles. But they still feature the same catch the rabbit format which massively lets them down. I don't understand why PD think this is a good format to base the majority of races on, it really isn't. I'd have loved to have seen more of the Clubman+ style grid start races being added, but we've not had a single one of those. They're hands down the best races in the game i
Yeah. Same with Pepper races Gr 3 Cup and Gr 4 Cup. Those feature "two lane" close rolling starts like real GT3/GT4 races. I wonder why they don't use it everywere else or there is no option to enable it in Custom race?

They are amongst the beter races that have been added and I do like the thought that's been put into the opponent vehicles. But they still feature the same catch the rabbit format which massively lets them down. I don't understand why PD think this is a good format to base the majority of races on, it really isn't. I'd have loved to have seen more of the Clubman+ style grid start races being added, but we've not had a single one of those. They're hands down the best races in the game in IMO.

I keep seeing people talking about those clubman+ races. I don’t remember what was different about them. Can someone refresh my memory? Or maybe I didn’t do them idk

If I'm not mistaken, one of the things they talked about in the GT7 presentation was the 3D Audio. More then likely, that same 3d Audio is something exclusive to the PS5 version (For obvious reasons).

Made a little edit to the le man 800pp race which just looks so silly next to the 700pp race that's double the payout.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230321151310.jpg

The sad thing is we can come up with so many great events for each tracks even if its by just editing some of the existing ones.

Made a little edit to the le man 800pp race which just looks so silly next to the 700pp race that's double the payout.
View attachment 1241404

The sad thing is we can come up with so many great events for each tracks even if its by just editing some of the existing ones.
It is quite sad. Was just thinking about playing and then I remember how pathetic the payouts are for events I would actually want to play and reconsider doing something else with my time. Come on PD, fix this crap.

I'd be surprized if there aren't threads already dedicated to this, but I had the idea of setting up some Custom Race templates to create a "Career Mode Plus" of sorts on Discord.

Is there a way to customize the thumbnail photo for replays? I could've sworn there was, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent option.
Yes, during a replay, pause (or, if you want motion blur, try to snap it while the replay is playing), and select the “Capture Thumbnail” option in the control stack. It has the icon of a picture and it’s on the right side of the screen.

The gr1 lineup is incredibly weak, there’s only 5 cars i would consider recent and two of them are toyotas.

We can work with that. It’s not like the irl series has a bunch more cars. Besides, less cars it’s easier to BoP.

Maybe fill the rest of the grid with gt3. I think someone posted something in the custom race thread.

Gr1 for me are only the:
  • Audi R18 TDI
  • Audi R18 2016
  • Jaguar XJR9
  • Mazda 787B
  • Mercedes C9
  • Nissan GTR LM
  • Nissan R92CP
  • Porsche 919
  • Porsche 962
  • Toyota GR10
  • Toyota TS030
  • Toyota TS050
6 LMP, 5 Group C, 1 Hypercar

Just 12 cars and 3 groups with a lot of differences, HP, weight, traction, fuel consumption, power system. Now i understand why PD leave this category.

At this point i prefer more racing cars than street cars in the updates, more GR2 and GR1 cars

Is there a way to customize the thumbnail photo for replays? I could've sworn there was, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent option.
Consistent is the active word here...

@Theufcveteran is correct in what he says, but it's only available in some game modes (not online, specifically). Much to my chagrin, as saving and sharing Sport Mode replays is kinda my thing

Latest Posts

Back