Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,396 comments
I just sort of realized that the Extra Menus can follow the general theme of an automaker without necessarily having all three cars be from that automaker. The Abarth and Honda Motorsport menus are the clearest examples of this, so I bet when/if we get a Shelby menu, it'll likely include the Cobra, the older GT350, and the newer GT350R that can be bought from Ford. Meanwhile, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen an Extra Menu that requires an invite-only car, nor a car that costs over 10m yet. That said, when/if there's a McLaren-themed Extra Menu, I'd be very surprised if they don't require you to collect at least one of the three variants of the F1 - even if it's one of the two ironically more affordable racing versions. Yeah, I could see it being the McLaren-BMW F1 GTR '97, the 12C, and the 650S - assuming we don't get the non-GTR version of the P1, in which case I'd replace the 650S with that. Oh, and as for a potential Aston Martin Extra Menu, I'm positive that it'll require the DB5 - it's too iconic to not require, plus you win one for getting all-gold in The Human Comedy, anyway. (It'd be nice to get more Astons, though, as the current list seems a bit limited.)

Also, since I've realized that it's far more credits-efficient to rent cars for Sport Mode instead of bringing your own, I was wondering what other groups of cars we could see grouped together for rental. It'd ideally be like the second round of the 2022/2023 Nations Cup Exhibition Series, where they had all the Nissan Z models available, with different levels of tuning and different tire compounds equipped, but ultimately having a similar PP metric. I'm especially wondering what non-categorized cars - i.e. those outside Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.B - could be bundled, besides the seemingly obvious "have all cars from the same model line" like with the Nissan Zs. So, here were my ideas:

Classic Prototypes - Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13, Porsche 917

Classic GTs - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250 GTO

50s Le Mans - Jaguar D-Type, Porsche 550 Spyder, Aston Martin DB3S, Maserati A6GCS

Classic Japanese Roadsters - Honda S800, Nissan Fairlady 2000*, Toyota Sports 800

Classic Japanese Sports - Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S*, Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10), Toyota 2000GT

* = If it returns from a previous Gran Turismo.

Meanwhile, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen an Extra Menu that requires an invite-only car,
;)

FkAHDfdXoAMxi7D

Here you are :lol: :lol: :cheers:

and

Noooooooooo, you revived it :odd::eek:

This requires Extra Books to allow more than three cars, and having a 20 million car in an extra book is asking for a world war.
But those groups in particular aren't for Extra Menu book ideas. They're for proposed groups of rent-able cars, much like the Nissan Z models we had for Round 2 of the 2022/2023 Nations Cup Exhibition Series.

Last edited:
My PS5 went on the blink and I had to send it away, so missed the initial arrival of the last update with the 5 new cars and the GV track. Got the machine back recently and was looking forward to getting my hands on the three classic cars - the Honda, the Porsche and the Citroen. But Gadzooks, they are nowhere to be seen! They obviously have been and gone in either, or both, the Classic car section or the used car section. If they are tied in to the Classic car section, I might have to wait until next year! Curses. The two look-alike Italian Batmobiles are available - but I'm not that interested.

My PS5 went on the blink and I had to send it away, so missed the initial arrival of the last update with the 5 new cars and the GV track. Got the machine back recently and was looking forward to getting my hands on the three classic cars - the Honda, the Porsche and the Citroen. But Gadzooks, they are nowhere to be seen! They obviously have been and gone in either, or both, the Classic car section or the used car section. If they are tied in to the Classic car section, I might have to wait until next year! Curses. The two look-alike Italian Batmobiles are available - but I'm not that interested.
They'll be back in three months... ish.

My dreams have been lying to me again.

Apparently SSR5 has been in this game since launch, a perfect recreation of its old self, but no one has ever talked about it or made videos about it. I also apparently won an NSX engine from my daily workout, but when I woke up I felt nothing but disappointment and betrayal.

My dreams have been lying to me again.

Apparently SSR5 has been in this game since launch, a perfect recreation of its old self, but no one has ever talked about it or made videos about it. I also apparently won an NSX engine from my daily workout, but when I woke up I felt nothing but disappointment and betrayal.
You are right , it is there but its disguised as Tokyo Expressway :P

Last edited:
You are right , it is there but its disguised as Tokyo Expressway :P
Heh, you got me. :sly:

In all honesty, I do appreciate the Tokyo Expressway variants as spiritual successors to the original Special Stages, especially South. Which makes it a bit peculiar that those specific variants are the only ones without rain.

Really wish they’d give use the option to just remove VGT cars from the game. Hate how they pollute my AI races. Nothing more ridiculous than passing a convertible (!) GT3 at night in Le Mans.
Custom Races are the best way to get rid of VGTs, though there isn't enough of any one type of car to make a full grid of 'classic' LMs... plus, if you want more than one car but with different liveries, you must own those cars individually and select them from your own garage to race them in Custom Races. I've made a full grid of the 1999 JGTC season, but it took months to buy the cars needed for that. It would be awesome if it was made much easier to make 'realistic' grids, as opposed to the default in GT which seems to be a mish-mash of vaguely similarly-powered cars that would never actually race each other in real life.

Toyota hypercar is already in GT7 :)
Thats cool, but pointless if cant race other hypercars, how are the endurance races, I only had the game since VR release..assumed it had the same cars from GT sport.

Really been enjoying Sebring so far ...love the porche hypercar, and my favorite driver Kevin Estre is in one of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you believe that it's already been 5 years since these cars turned from Standard into Super Premium?
FrasCYFagAEcrck
It feels slightly longer ago to be honest. Though, the speed of time is scary. 22 years since GT3 was released… That’s crazy to me. The PS2 still feels fairly young compared to the PS1 origins.

Im also waiting for the Toyota Celica, was away for Christmas. Bummer, but it is what it is.

GT has a quality that is really amplified by VR and that is making you randomly obsess over a certain car or track that was always there and never did it for you, but suddenly it hits.

I´m all about late 80s / early 90s Gr1 and GT4 right now, but I keep discovering crazy stuff.
Do yourselves a favor and take the MP4/4 for a spin on the Daytona road course at night. Jesus.

Last edited:
The Silvia Sisters are some of my favourite events in the entire game, and it just goes to show how fantastic this game could be if PD actually cared to add a decent amount of events.

Not only are the payouts decent for the length of the races, but every car on the grid is fully customised with a unique assortment of parts (including several engine-swapped cars) - and best of all, they retroactively added the '96 S14 to the grids after the November update! It genuinely feels as if one of GT4's one-make events was mysteriously teleported into GT7, with no other events quite like it in the game.

Last edited:
Back