Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,824 comments
If it's anything with Kaz's claim of 60 cars a year, with one new car completed every nine months, this might assume 60 people assigned to one car to build them all.

But whether it's licensing or anything else that's holding content back, we'll never know for sure.

With this update included, that's 70 cars added to GT7 in the span of two years. We started with 424 cars, now at a grand total of 494 cars. That way, we had an average of 35 cars added in a year.

Maybe by April we'll reach the 500-car milestone.
When do you think we will reach the 600-car milestone in GT7?

When do you think we will reach the 600-car milestone in GT7?
Well, at the pace we're going at...never. It's highly unlikely we would reach that, considering we haven't received even a 100 cars since launch (2 years). Plus, we still don't know what the game's lifespan will be.

Last edited:
We will reach 530, no question about that at all. But the real question is, how close to 600.
Maybe 540-560, relatively close to the 600 mark. Btw, this gives me big hopes for this game being supported for at least another 2 years with constant new content and monthly/bimonthly updates. I see another 3-4 track locations and 40-60 cars coming until the support ends.

Kaz
as a response to a question over whether PD is targeting the 1000+ car rosters of GT5/6. Yamauchi says that it’s not a specific target, but may end up happening anyway — though probably not within the lifetime of GT7

Imagine GT7 having a 1000 cars...yeahno. :lol::lol::lol:

If we get more interior-less crap, it's suddenly faster to add more cars. :mischievous:

Last edited:
Imagine GT7 having a 1000 cars...yeahno. :lol::lol::lol:

If we get more interior-less crap, it's suddenly faster to add more cars. :mischievous:

I hope it does...

... and that from 500-1000 are all VGTs.

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

maybe they mean the next weekly challenges will be on Friday, march 8th instead the usual Thursday. We might still get the usual weekly challenges before that

It is still suspicious to me… It could be nothing offcourse but it could also mean PD is tinkering with it in some way.

They should just add all premium models from GT6 and call it a day. I’d be happy, as long as the physics are on point.

I wonder how would they look near newer car models. Is the gap being that big? Or maybe not? I wpuld prefer to not have Forza situation with some models being totally ugly, but maybe some of the premiums are good enough?

Last edited:
It is still suspicious to me… It could be nothing offcourse but it could also mean PD is tinkering with it in some way.

I wonder how would they look near newer car models. Is the gap being that big? Or maybe not? I wpuld prefer to not have Forza situation with some models being totally ugly, but maybe some of the premiums are good enough?
I'd wager just about every Premium car is good enough geometry-wise. There are 150 (soon 152?) cars in GT7 using models from 2006-2015. The Murciélago has the same noticeably blocky engine in its gameplay model that it had in 2010, and also the same flawless photomode model. It appears all any GT6 car needs in order to be added to GT7 is retouched shaders, lights, custom parts, and sounds. That's still a lot more work than copy and paste, but much, much less than a 6+ month new project.

Oh, and clearing the licensing department, that's the hard part.

For cars like the X-Bow Street I'd expect it to be really simple and I don't know what the hold up is, it's a free extra car that'd be fun.
For the LCC Rocket or the briefly Premium Cizeta V16T? I feel so bad for the people that worked for so long to model them, and made so many emails to get them into GT6.

Even in a world where every PS3 Premium is good enough (I have no idea if they are or not), I think the negativity that Standards brought was so big that doing anything that could bring comparisons to it is something PD aren't going to entertain. One bitten twice shy, and such.

I'd wager just about every Premium car is good enough geometry-wise. There are 150 (soon 152?) cars in GT7 using models from 2006-2015. The Murciélago has the same noticeably blocky engine in its gameplay model that it had in 2010, and also the same flawless photomode model. It appears all any GT6 car needs in order to be added to GT7 is retouched shaders, lights, custom parts, and sounds. That's still a lot more work than copy and paste, but much, much less than a 6+ month new project.

Oh, and clearing the licensing department, that's the hard part.

For cars like the X-Bow Street I'd expect it to be really simple and I don't know what the hold up is, it's a free extra car that'd be fun.
For the LCC Rocket or the briefly Premium Cizeta V16T? I feel so bad for the people that worked for so long to model them, and made so many emails to get them into GT6.
The Bentley Speed 8 was premium in GT6, i'd love to have it into gt7

I think PD could of soften the blow back a bit with the standards for GT5 & GT6 if they hadn't just ported the models textures untouched, instead replacing or upscaling/replacing textures to HD at the time would have gone a long way for first impression. Replaying back through GT5 again, each time I'm getting a prize car hoping it's a premium, instead of looking at blurry text or jagged body seams of a standard. It is amazing seeing GT4 on the PC now with high quality textures, that just a handful of people where able to do as opposed to company of a few hundred. The standards where always a oddity, where PD was always focused on quality, then brought something into the mix that was a opposite.

As the European built TTs are manufactured in my hometown, I welcome the addition of any TT model. Was even a late February update expected?

What a great Classic all-rounder

View attachment 1331903
The one in the bottom center (burgundy car+golden "cannage") is a pretty interesting 4L version, the "Parisienne", created after a campaign led by a women's magazine (Elle iirc) called "Elle prends le volant". The cannage was made by Roger Taka Hira.
I never saw a real 4L Parisienne, just a replica in a magazine.
What I know is that two Spanish countesses send their Minis to Taka Hira to paint them with the same patterns as those 4Ls

Maybe 540-560, relatively close to the 600 mark. Btw, this gives me big hopes for this game being supported for at least another 2 years with constant new content and monthly/bimonthly updates. I see another 3-4 track locations and 40-60 cars coming until the support ends.
I can see gt7 end up with like 550-560 cars, gt8 launch with like 650-700 cars if its coming in 2026,

I hope it does...

... and that from 500-1000 are all VGTs.

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF
Bulgari VGT Gr1
Bulgari VGT Gr2
Bulgari VGT Gr3
Bulgari VGT Gr4
Bulgari VGT GrB
Bulgari VGT Safety Car
Bulgari VGT-e
Bulgari VGT closed cockpit
Bulgari VGT Pikes Peak
Bulgari VGT Widebody
Bulgari VGT Nurb spec