Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,992 comments
  • 7,951,760 views
That's entirely possible. Modern GT3's/Gr. 3's always come with some Gran Turismo Stradale. That's also been the case with the Subaru BRZ GT300 and its road-going counterpart.
Oh yeah, I forgot that both BRZs were added in the same update.
 
Someone didn't get the memo of the Real Driving Simulator.
As someone who literally has the official WRC game installed on the PS5 (Courtesy of PS Plus), I see no problem. I'm not expecting a fine tuned totally accurate Rally masterpiece from GT7 so if another snow track gets added, no issues to me.

Maybe its me but if folks have issues with said tracks in the game, why not just ignore them (Outside whatever event credits they give, which is not alot usually anyways) and play the officially license sim that specializes in it? They aren't really hurting anyone and again, I maintain that "The Real Driving Simulator" is a beyond old slogan (Predating so many Sim focused games on console) so we REALLY need to stop taking that so seriously.
 
Last edited:
As someone who literally has the official WRC game installed on the PS5 (Courtesy of PS Plus), I see no problem. I'm not expecting a fine tuned totally accurate Rally masterpiece from GT7 so if another snow track gets added, no issues to me.

Maybe its me but if folks have issues with said tracks in the game, why not just ignore them (Outside whatever event credits they give, which is not alot usually anyways) and play the officially license sim that specializes in it? They aren't really hurting anyone and again, I maintain that "The Real Driving Simulator" is a beyond old slogan (Predating so many Sim focused games on console) so we REALLY need to stop taking that so seriously.
I think you misunderstood, I'm all for more rally tracks as long as they're fun to drive on! I was disagreeing with what Glam said.
 
I like having GT as my "everything game."
It's why even if I could experience something somewhere else, perhaps in a more focused & refined form, I still like to see its inclusion within GT.
Like with Le Mans Hypercars. Sure I could go to LMU or anywhere else that has them (if I had a PC), but that doesn't stop me wishing more of them would come to the GT ecosystem.
Not a fan of when some say stuff like "Stop asking for [thing] and go play [other game] instead" just because they have different interests or opinions on what GT should prioritise.

On rally specifically, that was by far my favourite thing in GT4 when I originally played it. Plus they had some cool event art, which some of the rally tracks still feature signs in the style of:
IMG_0634.webp

IMG_0635.webp

IMG_0636.webp


A second snow track would be cool, but I also think back to when we saw pineapples, banana tree leaves and other exotic plant life being collected by Polyphony in that Sony Alpha camera presentation video... potentially hinting at a return to Tahiti someday?
TELL US WHY THERE WERE PINEAPPLES, KAZ.
Lol
 
Last edited:
I like having GT as my "everything game."
It's why even if I could experience something somewhere else, perhaps in a more focused & refined form, I still like to see its inclusion within GT.
Like with Le Mans Hypercars. Sure I could go to LMU or anywhere else that has them (if I had a PC), but that doesn't stop me wishing more of them would come to the GT ecosystem.
Not a fan of when some say stuff like "Stop asking for [thing] and go play [other game] instead" just because they have different interests or opinions on what GT should prioritise.

On rally specifically, that was by far my favourite thing in GT4 when I originally played it. Plus they had some cool event art, which some of the rally tracks still feature signs in the style of:
View attachment 1510229
View attachment 1510230
View attachment 1510231

A second snow track would be cool, but I also think back to when we saw pineapples, banana tree leaves and other exotic plant life being collected by Polyphony in that Sony Alpha camera presentation video... potentially hinting at a return to Tahiti someday?
TELL US WHY THERE WERE PINEAPPLES, KAZ.
Lol
I'm with you, I like having rally tracks in GT. And to be fair the GT7 physics are at least the best since GT3 (I know it's never been GT's strong suit but I find it drivable and even fun).

That said I understand why it might not be for everyone. But I do hope rally stays, and the same with the event banners, I like those too. They add life/style and theming to the track.
 
I think you misunderstood, I'm all for more rally tracks as long as they're fun to drive on! I was disagreeing with what Glam said.
Oh I'm aware, if anything I was agreeing by mentioning that I have the current official WRC game (Until that new one comes out) and still had no issue with Rally tracks in the game. Truth be told, I enjoy throwing the cars up that banking at Lake Louis and powering out of it.

1769906962563.webp


Not a fan of when some say stuff like "Stop asking for [thing] and go play [other game] instead" just because they have different interests or opinions on what GT should prioritise.
Its honestly strange thinking because what is it really doing to be THAT big of a deal? It hasn't hurt series sales (Not even remotely) and its not exactly losing customers to...anyone really (Especially considering the repeated stream of Spectacularly bad console based sims that just keep occuring) so what, or who, is it really harming to have another rally track?
 
Last edited:
Its honestly strange thinking because what is it really doing to be THAT big of a deal? It hasn't hurt series sales (Not even remotely) and its not exactly losing customers to...anyone really (Especially considering the repeated stream of Spectacularly bad console based sims that just keep occuring) so what, or who, is it really harming to have another rally track?
I think the argument is that PD's time is better spent elsewhere (to which, I'd say, after waiting for GT5, this is what you should expect from PD, kings of making people wait an ungodly amount of time for anything :lol:)
 
One thing I can only dream of in Gran Turismo games and unfortunately will most likely never exist... the ability to rewind like in Forza. I make a lot of mistakes during races, especially in heavy traffic.
 
You can be frustrated that your specific interests might not be catered to as much or as often as you would like, but there also needs to be a level of understanding and awareness that some things being added aren't intended for you, but for other parts of the broader community you might not be a part of.

GT covers a wide range of car-related interests, not just the ones we might have specifically as individuals.
No singular player or community segment is the target audience, just one of them.
Being aware of that bigger picture can help you understand a bit more if you see something be added that, to your own interests, you might consider a waste of development time & resources that could've been used for something else.
 
Last edited:
One thing I can only dream of in Gran Turismo games and unfortunately will most likely never exist... the ability to rewind like in Forza. I make a lot of mistakes during races, especially in heavy traffic.
The worst thing that could happen to me in Gran Turismo!! As you said, "which will probably never exist"! And I'm happy to say it!!
 
As someone who literally has the official WRC game installed on the PS5 (Courtesy of PS Plus), I see no problem. I'm not expecting a fine tuned totally accurate Rally masterpiece from GT7 so if another snow track gets added, no issues to me.

Maybe its me but if folks have issues with said tracks in the game, why not just ignore them (Outside whatever event credits they give, which is not alot usually anyways) and play the officially license sim that specializes in it? They aren't really hurting anyone and again, I maintain that "The Real Driving Simulator" is a beyond old slogan (Predating so many Sim focused games on console) so we REALLY need to stop taking that so seriously.

Don’t know man.

I think the power pack would be better without rally because is it absolutely mandatory to engage with it - not for credits, but to unlock all the cars in the pack - and boy is it just the worst.

Make rally good or don’t make rally at all.

In its current state rally in GT7 is garbage and a waste of everyone’s time - devs and consumers.
 
Make rally good or don’t make rally at all.

In its current state rally in GT7 is garbage and a waste of everyone’s time - devs and consumers.
I don't agree, it could be better, but it is already a load of fun, and I used to hate it.
 
I wanted to drive the polestar in Canada snow track but i can’t since the game doesn’t allow me to buy snow tires for the polestar. Wtf kaz!!! I hate those weird restrictions
This is actually so funny, and it's gonna be even funnier if they don't even bother to add snow tires after the ice race :lol:

IMG_1037.webp
 
As someone who literally has the official WRC game installed on the PS5 (Courtesy of PS Plus), I see no problem. I'm not expecting a fine tuned totally accurate Rally masterpiece from GT7 so if another snow track gets added, no issues to me.

Maybe its me but if folks have issues with said tracks in the game, why not just ignore them (Outside whatever event credits they give, which is not alot usually anyways) and play the officially license sim that specializes in it? They aren't really hurting anyone and again, I maintain that "The Real Driving Simulator" is a beyond old slogan (Predating so many Sim focused games on console) so we REALLY need to stop taking that so seriously.
The issue me and a lot of people have with it is just that rally content isn't really well thought out: It's just some weird tracks and some random events with a very loosely interpretation of what the discipline actually is, it doesn't mean anything in the game because feels like an after thought and not a core gameplay content, as it should be.

So when we get a sniff of Kaz maybe adding yet another uninspired ice track for maybe a random selection of a few chase the rabbit events, we ended up cringing and thinking if the time and effort that goes on this wouldn't be better spent adding content the game handles better. I would welcome propper rally stages with ice, tarmac, dirt and everything in between, but not yet another pointless rally track for a few "sunday cup on ice" copy and paste events that, yes, I will never touch, but will always think to myself "why are these here?"
 
Last edited:
Don’t know man.

I think the power pack would be better without rally because is it absolutely mandatory to engage with it - not for credits, but to unlock all the cars in the pack - and boy is it just the worst.

Make rally good or don’t make rally at all.

In its current state rally in GT7 is garbage and a waste of everyone’s time - devs and consumers.
Agreed.

As @RACECAR suggests, avoidance is a good policy but unfortunately it's not entirely possible - I would like to have 100% event completion, but the rally stages just don't have any appeal to me. The Power Pack compounds the issue too.

I've never liked the rally aspect of GT7 - and IMHO it has never been done well; that said, it does at least bring some great cars into the game and tries to make them useable in the right context. Once again, however, I think just a few minor tweaks could really make things better, like more events like the Pikes Peak hill climb - arguably the best rally-type event in the series history.
 
I guess my thoughts are, there's nothing objectively wrong about doing circuit racing on dirt/snow, and if fully conceptualised it'd be a draw if anything - everywhere else that does off-road sim content seems laser focused on being solo and point-to-point, so why not do something that's a unique experience. I don't think deleting Lake Louise makes the game better, is what I'm saying.

But it's never felt like something PD are invested in so much as something they've put in because it's always been there. It's always been a side mode that you could interact with if you wanted to rather than feeling like a core, important part of the game, even back to the PS2 days where the rally races were sequestered off into their own sections that you never had to touch.

I guess my point is, the concept works, but it's a different enough discipline that it needs more investment in it as part of the "story"(?) to stop it just feeling like "the regular game but with worse physics for a few races".
 
Last edited:
I guess my thoughts are, there's nothing objectively wrong about doing circuit racing on dirt/snow, and if fully conceptualised it'd be a draw if anything - everywhere else that does off-road sim content seems laser focused on being solo and point-to-point, so why not do something that's a unique experience. I don't think deleting Lake Louise makes the game better, is what I'm saying.

But it's never felt like something PD are invested in so much as something they've put in because it's always been there. It's always been a side mode that you could interact with if you wanted to rather than feeling like a core, important part of the game, even back to the PS2 days where the rally races were sequestered off into their own sections that you never had to touch.

I guess my point is, the concept works, but it's a different enough discipline that it needs more investment in it as part of the "story"(?) to stop it just feeling like "the regular game but with worse physics for a few races".
Exactly, seems like something just bolted on because they have to offer something closer to the natural environment of the rally cars in the game, which are absolutely great to have, but should definitely be put to use in a context and modes which makes them justice.

This is why people complain about this, it’s not "get rid of rallying", is "just make good rally content", and don't bother to add more otherwise.
 
I feel like the series got pretty close to doing rally "right" with GT5, funny enough. That said, I'd be very content to see some more point-to-point venues, perhaps such as the return of the Goodwood Hillclimb, or the ever-teased debut of Pikes Peak. Or maybe even some famous real-world rally stages, like Monte Carlo. At any rate, I still think there are some rally cars that deserve to both debut and get re-introduced, especially for brands without representation in Gr.B. More specifically, for Porsche and Renault respectively. Heck, even the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI rally car would be a fantastic playmate to the Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza WRX STI from the Group A era, but I digress.

EDIT: Even if the return of the Goodwood Hillclimb and the debut of Pikes Peak were paid DLC like the Power Pack and GT Sport's Lewis Hamilton Experience, I certainly wouldn't mind ponying up, since it'd be a relatively novel experience that wouldn't necessarily "interfere" with stuff like Daily Races, etc.

EDIT2: I'm still hoping for Extra Menus focused on various designers and firms, like Marcello Gandini, Giorgetto Giugiaro, Pininfarina, and so on. On another note, maybe there'll be a Seasonal Menu this June focused on Le Mans racers - perhaps even the LMP1 trio from 2016! Although who knows - if the Seasonal Menus seem to focus on newly-introduced cars, maybe we could even get three Gr.1 challengers at once, especially between the robust list of cars from LMDh/LMH these days. I bet the Toyota TR010 could be one of 'em, as well as the Genesis GMR-001. Unfortunately, I don't foresee the Acura ARX-06 being as likely to be added, now that Honda itself has been seriously considering entering the WEC, but if we eventually could get both, I'd be very content with that!
 
Last edited:
I feel like the series got pretty close to doing rally "right" with GT5, funny enough. That said, I'd be very content to see some more point-to-point venues, perhaps such as the return of the Goodwood Hillclimb, or the ever-teased debut of Pikes Peak. Or maybe even some famous real-world rally stages, like Monte Carlo. At any rate, I still think there are some rally cars that deserve to both debut and get re-introduced, especially for brands without representation in Gr.B. More specifically, for Porsche and Renault respectively. Heck, even the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI rally car would be a fantastic playmate to the Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza WRX STI from the Group A era, but I digress.

EDIT: Even if the return of the Goodwood Hillclimb and the debut of Pikes Peak were paid DLC like the Power Pack and GT Sport's Lewis Hamilton Experience, I certainly wouldn't mind ponying up, since it'd be a relatively novel experience that wouldn't necessarily "interfere" with stuff like Daily Races, etc.

EDIT2: I'm still hoping for Extra Menus focused on various designers and firms, like Marcello Gandini, Giorgetto Giugiaro, Pininfarina, and so on. On another note, maybe there'll be a Seasonal Menu this June focused on Le Mans racers - perhaps even the LMP1 trio from 2016! Although who knows - if the Seasonal Menus seem to focus on newly-introduced cars, maybe we could even get three Gr.1 challengers at once, especially between the robust list of cars from LMDh/LMH these days. I bet the Toyota TR010 could be one of 'em, as well as the Genesis GMR-001. Unfortunately, I don't foresee the Acura ARX-06 being as likely to be added, now that Honda itself has been seriously considering entering the WEC, but if we eventually could get both, I'd be very content with that!
Hypercars and LMDh would very well be the next cars of interest after modern GT3's.

Time for the lone Hypercar, the Toyota GR010, to meet some very powerful friends in the future.
 
Hypercars and LMDh would very well be the next cars of interest after modern GT3's.
Indeed, but I still think GT3 should get updates from time to time, especially if say, Genesis decides to enter with the Magma GT. Ideally, I'd love for Gr.1 to become part of the Manufacturers Series somehow.
Time for the lone Hypercar, the Toyota GR010, to meet some very powerful friends in the future.
Yeah, and I don't think every LMH/LMDh car that gets added necessarily has to have proven itself IRL, either. For example, I'd be more than down to see the Lamborghini SC63, Alpine A424, and Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR-LMH. I mean hey, we still have the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, despite being a complete failure IRL.

EDIT: Also, in regards to GT3, there's the whole thing with GR becoming its own thing. I wonder what its potential Gr.4 contender could end up being? I hope it's not simply a Gr.4 version of the GR GT, though they'd have to introduce a new model pretty fast for them to be added to the Manufacturer Series in a proper manner...

EDIT2: Random thought - if AMG is going to be listed by itself, I don't see why we can't get the AMG Galant.
 
Last edited:
Can we make it a common expectation that when referencing an external Japanese-language post, there should be some context provided to it in the post as well?

I feel like just dropping something that 98% of us can't read with zero context isn't very helpful or discussion-generating.
 
Can we make it a common expectation that when referencing an external Japanese-language post, there should be some context provided to it in the post as well?

I feel like just dropping something that 98% of us can't read with zero context isn't very helpful or discussion-generating.
Not only that, it's a requirement of posting on this site. Rule number one, in fact. And someone has been reminded of it a sufficient number of times to make this the last time they will be reminded of anything.

While the other posts are now gone - because the original had virtually no value to anyone outside a specific portion of a specific portion of a specific portion of non-Anglophonic GT players even if it had been posted in English, which it wasn't - I've left this post, as it has general relevance.
 
I'm rubbish at dirt and snow driving even by my shoddy standards, but Lake Louise is drop dead gorgeous at night and is by far my favourite place to shoot photos in the game. I'd be happy with more dirt and snow tracks just for the photo mode alone.
 
The dirt and snow tracks are a really enjoyable option for local multiplayer. When someone comes to my house and we play Gran Turismo 7, we always end up driving on these tracks. It smooths out the skill gaps between players a bit and it's really funny.

I'm glad we have them whatever the physics are.
 
Indeed, but I still think GT3 should get updates from time to time, especially if say, Genesis decides to enter with the Magma GT. Ideally, I'd love for Gr.1 to become part of the Manufacturers Series somehow.

Yeah, and I don't think every LMH/LMDh car that gets added necessarily has to have proven itself IRL, either. For example, I'd be more than down to see the Lamborghini SC63, Alpine A424, and Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR-LMH. I mean hey, we still have the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, despite being a complete failure IRL.

EDIT: Also, in regards to GT3, there's the whole thing with GR becoming its own thing. I wonder what its potential Gr.4 contender could end up being? I hope it's not simply a Gr.4 version of the GR GT, though they'd have to introduce a new model pretty fast for them to be added to the Manufacturer Series in a proper manner...

EDIT2: Random thought - if AMG is going to be listed by itself, I don't see why we can't get the AMG Galant.
The Gr Supra GT4 EVO2 is still being raced. Nothing to replace it until maybe 2027, with rumours pointing to a next Supra in development.
 
Back