Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,988 comments
  • 7,948,753 views
I did not like the rally physics at all in this game at all when it came out. I could just never get used to them, they just felt unrealistic. But the July update in 2024 changed the physics of the game, and though I don't see it mentioned, the offroad physics felt got overhauled too. They were suddenly completely different to when the game launched. Not just different, but much better in my opinion. So much that I actually enjoy dirt races in this game now, which I never thought I'd say! I'm surprised they made me go from hating GT7's rally to actually looking forward to driving offroad in the course of a single update, but here we are. The physics used to feel more like ice, but now actually feel more like driving on dirt.

This is coming from someone who has no idea what realistic rally physics are like, but GT7's are enjoyable now is the point. Seriously, driving the Impreza Rally Car tuned to 800hp round Fisherman's Ranch is so much fun. And I absolutely loathed that track since GT Sport.:D.
 
I really like Rally in GT7 since previous to latest physics update. Turning on TCS doesn't seem to hold down the car so much while cornering. I usually set it to 1 or 2 during rally. 2 is usually when I'm driving non-4WD cars.
 
A shame Kaz was at Zell am See; at the same time on the other side of the Alps there was the I.C.E. Saint-Moritz in Switzerland :

30012026-_DAB4320.webp
 
I think 32 cars is widly optmistic for PS5.
Yeah, I think the same. Performance is overall really good, but at some occasions you can already see that the base PS5 is already at the limit. For example, 20 car grid on Nürburgring 24h at sunset, the frame rate goes down every single time for me in the first few corners.
 
Yeah, I think the same. Performance is overall really good, but at some occasions you can already see that the base PS5 is already at the limit. For example, 20 car grid on Nürburgring 24h at sunset, the frame rate goes down every single time for me in the first few corners.
that's because the time/weather changes isn't properly optimized on PS5 for whatever reason since PS4 GT Sport didn't have a problem with 30 cars on screen plus also during GTWS - theres a video about that too somewhere
 
Last edited:
that's because the time/weather changes isn't properly optimized on PS5 for whatever reason since PS4 GT Sport didn't have a problem with 30 cars on screen plus also during GTWS - theres a video about that too somewhere

For that particular mission, wasn't the way they do this is that the cars are so staggered that you don't see too many cars at once?
 
that's because the time/weather changes isn't properly optimized on PS5 for whatever reason since PS4 GT Sport didn't have a problem with 30 cars on screen plus also during GTWS - theres a video about that too somewhere

The time/weather isn't properly optimized for PS5? As I understand it, "optimization" means to adjust the code for a specific platform. Important if you have a game that runs on multiple platforms or if you port a game to another platform. But since GT7 runs only on PS4&5 I'm not sure what you mean.

But whatever....So what do you think is the reason why they settled with 20 car grids and never changed this?
 
The time/weather isn't properly optimized for PS5? As I understand it, "optimization" means to adjust the code for a specific platform. Important if you have a game that runs on multiple platforms or if you port a game to another platform.
Here it means there is noticable performance impact cause by this feature
 
For that particular mission, wasn't the way they do this is that the cars are so staggered that you don't see too many cars at once?
Someone should test it by blocking the track and seeing if the PS4 explodes when all 30 cars are stacked against each other :lol:
 
The time/weather isn't properly optimized for PS5? As I understand it, "optimization" means to adjust the code for a specific platform. Important if you have a game that runs on multiple platforms or if you port a game to another platform. But since GT7 runs only on PS4&5 I'm not sure what you mean.

But whatever....So what do you think is the reason why they settled with 20 car grids and never changed this?
there was a rumor they had to change their code to the older one because of the PS4 version and being compatible between it and PS5 - maybe its not true but in my head it makes alot of sense , since there some technical issues that are weirdly ignored
 
Last edited:
They needed a PS5 exclusive lobby option for 32 cars in Spec 3, don't see why they couldn't do it when they're doing other PS5 exclusive content.
That likely requires retooling the game engine as well as things like the AI for GT7 to have 30+ car lobbies. My guess is that they'll likely save it for GT8 when PD and co could really take advantage of the PS5's capabilities because I feel like they haven't really done enough with the PS5 in terms of pushing it to its limit.
 
that's because the time/weather changes isn't properly optimized on PS5 for whatever reason since PS4 GT Sport didn't have a problem with 30 cars on screen plus also during GTWS - theres a video about that too somewhere


The time/weather isn't properly optimized for PS5? As I understand it, "optimization" means to adjust the code for a specific platform. Important if you have a game that runs on multiple platforms or if you port a game to another platform. But since GT7 runs only on PS4&5 I'm not sure what you mean.

But whatever....So what do you think is the reason why they settled with 20 car grids and never changed this?

snc
Here it means there is noticable performance impact cause by this feature
this is not an optimization issue. If GT7 had like real life weather simulation with denser rain drops with physics based water effects on surfaces as you drive along, yes, I would say it is an optimization issue because they would be trying to do too much with up to 20 cars on screen, each with its own AI (allegedly) and physics and whatnot.

But this isn't the case, the rain simulation, visually speaking, isn't that different from GT6, which ran on a machine with less RAM than my fridge. So, I would say it is well optimized for the minimum hardware at hand: a device which runs with a entry range tablet PC processor from a really bad architecture from like 2010.
 
It's time for some update yearly trends!

The following stats only include cars added in 2022-25 updates that count towards the Car Collection. Notably, this excludes the Dior Mangusta, the 25th Anniversary Edition of the X2019, the GT Movie GT-R GT3 (though the '18 GT-R GT3 itself does of course count), all Power Pack cars, and the cars added in the v1.67 update.

Car Collection count numbers are used throughout here, so the Super Formulas and Italdesign VGTs count as 2 cars, for instance.

Number of content updates

YearNumber of updates
20229
20238
20248
20259

Number of cars in updates

YearNumber of carsCars per content updateUpdates with >3 cars
2022303.3332/9
2023344.2505/8
2024313.8753/8
2025374.1115/9

Cars by tag (#Road Car, #Racing Car, #Professionally Tuned)

Year#Road Car#Racing Car#Professionally Tuned
202219101
20232473
20242650
20252872

Cars by engine type

YearInternal combustionHybridElectric
20222442
20233031
20242623
20252755

Cars by geography
Note this is purely "manufacturer in-game location", no subjective "Escort Cossie should count as Ford of Europe"-style changes.

YearAmericasEuropeAsia
202251114
202361414
202421514
202531618

Cars by decade
All cars that do not show a 'XX in-game are considered "no model year", even if they have one in the sort (eg the Opel VGT is technically 2025 in the sort but is no model year here), except for the Ford Roadster which is considered 1963, and the Afeela Prototype which is considered 2024.

Year'50s'60s'70s'80s'90s'00s'10s'20sNo year
2022121450665
20231421515105
2024101266744
20250114354145

Cars by Gr.

YearGr.1Gr.2Gr.3Gr.4Gr.B
202210401
202301110
202411101
202500101

Leading manufacturer

YearTop manufacturerNumber of cars
2022Nissan5
2023Porsche4
202410 different manufacturers!!2
2025Honda and Toyota3
 
Someone should test it by blocking the track and seeing if the PS4 explodes when all 30 cars are stacked against each other :lol:
I referenced it back in July last year. Here's the thread.
 
GT7 could technically allow the player to run 30+ cars, especially if done on PS5, but PD are notorious for being unwilling to sacrifice visual fidelity (standard car debacle not-withstanding.)

It's why GT had only six cars up until the hardware boost that came with GT5, even when other games had more cars on track. I bet if the next game is PS5 only (or even potentially PS6 exclusive) I could see them bumping up car counts.

OR they also could double down on more eye candy as well, you never know with PD. The only thing that is consistant is their inconstancy.
 
Last edited:
The Gr Supra GT4 EVO2 is still being raced. Nothing to replace it until maybe 2027, with rumours pointing to a next Supra in development.
Meanwhile the one we have still has a stock Supra interior that would take very little time to update to racecar spec...
 
Yeah, I seriously thought we'd have an official one a couple years ago.
 
this is not an optimization issue. If GT7 had like real life weather simulation with denser rain drops with physics based water effects on surfaces as you drive along, yes, I would say it is an optimization issue because they would be trying to do too much with up to 20 cars on screen, each with its own AI (allegedly) and physics and whatnot.

But this isn't the case, the rain simulation, visually speaking, isn't that different from GT6, which ran on a machine with less RAM than my fridge. So, I would say it is well optimized for the minimum hardware at hand: a device which runs with a entry range tablet PC processor from a really bad architecture from like 2010.
This doesn't make any sense ;d If its well optimized for the minimum hardware why ps5 struggle in situations mentioned in earlier posts ;d
 
Last edited:
Oh mad
View attachment 1511291
This returned from GT4.
That’s so cool. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see PD themselves remembering such specific things from the past like this, because, in contrary of Kaz’s statement of “always ambitious for the future”, this really shows they’re looking back meticulously at least as a team, which you know, is a good thing when talking about the Gran Turismo franchise.

GT7 has a lot to learn from GT1-4.
 
snc
This doesn't make any sense ;d If its well optimized for the minimum hardware why ps5 struggle in situations mentioned in earlier posts ;d
PS5 runs the game at much higher resolutions, in case you didn't notice it.
 
PS5 runs the game at much higher resolutions, in case you didn't notice it.
We are definitely out of topic so will end this but thats the point, if ps5 is not stable 60fps in some scenarios its not well optimized simple as that, maybe res should be dynamic etc
 
The golden question is how many PS5 users have 4k-capable monitors.
 
Back