Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 51,006 comments
  • 7,967,017 views
Aren't F1 sponsorships and logo placements super expensive?
Yes, but it depends of the size and placementent. A small logo on the side skirt or the wing end plate would be around $1 Million USD per season.
 
He posted more info on Facebook. Cool GT jacket, two legends having dinner together just before the new F1 season kicks off so likely up to something given it is quite a busy period with testing coming up.

I wonder if they are going to form some kind of partnership with team or just bring 2026 F1 car to the game. Also wonder what Adrian wrote and if PDI used that book to help with potentially procedurally generating cars / developing their own F1 cars.


2026 F1 car with free livery ability will go crazy.
 
Imagine if a wild GT logo appears as a sponsor in the car😆
I would be surprised if it was for anything else to be honest.

This absolutely feels like Aston Martin "wining and dining" their sponsors before their livery presentation tomorrow.
 
I forget, do Gran Turismo still sponsor Lewis Hamilton? You could usually see the logo on the sides of his team caps in his latter years at Mercedes.
IMG_0696.webp

Bit different to having a GT logo appear on an F1 car of course, but this is the closest thing that has happened up to now.

Also if GT do still sponsor him, sponsoring Aston Martin F1 is potentially a clash/issue given Lewis doesn't drive for them. Not sure though.
 
Last edited:
I forget, do Gran Turismo still sponsor Lewis Hamilton? You could usually see the logo on the sides of his team caps in his latter years at Mercedes.
View attachment 1511931
Bit different to having a GT logo appear on an F1 car of course, but this is the closest thing that has happened up to now.

Also if GT do still sponsor him, sponsoring Aston Martin F1 is potentially a clash/issue given Lewis doesn't drive for them. Not sure though.
Fernando trying everything to make up for 2007
 
Sorry for the off topic, but I'm experiencing serious issues with gt7 servers, am I the only one? It disconnected while I was playing, I tried to restart the game and now it's stuck on the loading screen, my Internet connection works perfectly.
It's not very uncommon that I also have the PS5 stuck at the loading screen, usually no internet problem though, the quick fix which always works is that I change the user [I have 5 different users on my PS5] once or twice & then log in into the username I used when the loading screen halts & the PS5 is REPEAT saving in a loop, but after I loaded the game completely with another user then it works again. Never has had to power off the PS5, but obviously that must also be attempted if logging on-off user doesn't fix the problem.
 
Maybe it's one of the reasons why the AMG F1 wasn't automatic for GT7. Could have been negotiations with F1/Aramco/Aston-MarAston-Martin/Honda and PD to put the AM-Honda in GT7. 🤔
 
It's not very uncommon that I also have the PS5 stuck at the loading screen, usually no internet problem though, the quick fix which always works is that I change the user [I have 5 different users on my PS5] once or twice & then log in into the username I used when the loading screen halts & the PS5 is REPEAT saving in a loop, but after I loaded the game completely with another user then it works again. Never has had to power off the PS5, but obviously that must also be attempted if logging on-off user doesn't fix the problem.
You need to do this (works for both PS4 and PS5).

Rebuild PS5 Database

Let me know if it does (or does not) not solve your issue.
 
With the inclusions of both Skoda and Xiaomi, I wonder what other countries could be represented in GT? My immediate thought is Canada, through the return of HPA Motorsports, and I do hear that it's likely we could specifically see the return of their take on the Audi TT. It'd be wonderful if their 4WD Golf could return alongside it, too. Then there's the elephant in the room: Australia, with Ford's AU-market models and especially the entirety of Holden. Finally, I wonder if Spyker could return to represent the Netherlands, perhaps with its C8 GT2? That could be a decent fit for Gr.3.
Spain with Seat, Cupra or Hispano-Suiza from old times (in case one wins a GT best of show award at Pebble Beach)
 
With the inclusions of both Skoda and Xiaomi, I wonder what other countries could be represented in GT? My immediate thought is Canada, through the return of HPA Motorsports, and I do hear that it's likely we could specifically see the return of their take on the Audi TT. It'd be wonderful if their 4WD Golf could return alongside it, too. Then there's the elephant in the room: Australia, with Ford's AU-market models and especially the entirety of Holden. Finally, I wonder if Spyker could return to represent the Netherlands, perhaps with its C8 GT2? That could be a decent fit for Gr.3.
TOGG from Turkey. EV unfortunately, but I would gladly take it IF it came together with another track: Istanbul Park Circuit.
😄
 
Last edited:
I forget, do Gran Turismo still sponsor Lewis Hamilton? You could usually see the logo on the sides of his team caps in his latter years at Mercedes.
View attachment 1511931
Bit different to having a GT logo appear on an F1 car of course, but this is the closest thing that has happened up to now.

Also if GT do still sponsor him, sponsoring Aston Martin F1 is potentially a clash/issue given Lewis doesn't drive for them. Not sure though.
I don't believe they do - there's no trace of GT on any Hamilton 2025 merchandise or press conference caps. Plus Ferrari F1 are tight with Kunos, so I can imagine it not being allowed, F1 sponsorships generally don't like brand clashes like that.

He is still in GT7's opening credits and in Brand Central, but I suspect that's inertia in the same way Michelin are still there.
 
Also, a State of Play is incoming on Thursday. 60 minutes too, the only ones longer were Showcases.

Obviously, it's very unlikely GT shows up given Spec III was in the last one. But you all know the internet, it won't stop PC port announcement speculation mounting even with no evidence to support it.
 
Also, a State of Play is incoming on Thursday. 60 minutes too, the only ones longer were Showcases.

Obviously, it's very unlikely GT shows up given Spec III was in the last one. But you all know the internet, it won't stop PC port announcement speculation mounting even with no evidence to support it.
Since they announced the Power Pack shortly after announcing Spec III, all bets are off, I guess. But yeah, I’d also be surprised.
 
I don't expect GT to be featured at State of Play, but based on the planned schedule, they'll likely announce the new version of PSSR (Sony's AI upscaling system and a sibling to AMD's FSR4) there. If so, GT7 should be one of the main games to benefit from the PS5 Pro.
 
I apologize, I wasn't sure of the best place to post this.

I thought some here may find something interesting in this video?
This is the person that built the "Ningtendo PXBOX 5" that went viral a few weeks ago, talking about GT7 and the Xiaomi SU7 Ultra *you will need to manually change the subtitle settings.


Xiao Ningzi speaks with Xiaomi (techs) to talk about how accurate the car is in GT7.

Xiao Ningzi also talks about how tires are simulated in games.
 
Last edited:
I thought some here may find something interesting in this video?
This is the person that built the "Ningtendo PXBOX 5" that went viral a few weeks ago, talking about GT7 and the Xiaomi SU7 Ultra *you will need to manually change the subtitle settings.
It's a ten-minute video.

Perhaps you could highlight what and when the interesting part is that prompted you to share it?
 
Without opening an extra thread:
Is it just my feeling that in GT7 the Imprezas are very good for it's PP value and the Evos are subpar? Everytime i use a stock or 600PP tuned Impreza, they are fast and comfortable to drive. Everytime i use an Evo my times are relatively bad and i don't feel confident driving them as they always seem nervous on difficult curbs and so on. They lack speed and feeling for me.
 
Without opening an extra thread:
Is it just my feeling that in GT7 the Imprezas are very good for it's PP value and the Evos are subpar? Everytime i use a stock or 600PP tuned Impreza, they are fast and comfortable to drive. Everytime i use an Evo my times are relatively bad and i don't feel confident driving them as they always seem nervous on difficult curbs and so on. They lack speed and feeling for me.
4WDs in general are broken in the realm of GT7's physics. They have very little repercussions when pushed hard.

Even the V8 R8 feels way above 600 pp when tuned in that certain rating. Also, give the Evo 6 a try, also feels broken to me especially with a 700 pp Sports Soft tune.

4WDs should be rated much higher.
 
Last edited:
4WDs in general are broken in the realm of GT7's physics. They have very little repercussions when pushed hard.

Even the V8 R8 feels way above 600 pp when tuned in that certain rating. Also, give the Evo 6 a try, also feels broken to me especially with a 700 pp Sports Soft tune.

4WDs should be rated much higher.
Thanks, but it doesn't explain why the Imprezas bring on great results and the Evos seem to never deliver and feel horrible to me.
 
Thanks, but it doesn't explain why the Imprezas bring on great results and the Evos seem to never deliver and feel horrible to me.
The Evo 9 actually suffers the same fate as the Elantra N - it does not turn on low ride height settings.


And as for the Imprezas, the VA chassis is indeed really good. Can't say the same as with the GC and GDB.
 
Last edited:
Obviously, it's very unlikely GT shows up given Spec III was in the last one. But you all know the internet, it won't stop PC port announcement speculation mounting even with no evidence to support it.
If GT7 were to come to PC, it would've happened by now, especially during the peak of Sony porting their PlayStation games to PC. Plus it's best GT7 and GT as a whole stay a PlayStation only franchise and not move to PC especially since it pushes console sales.
 
Back