Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,922 comments
Spiderman MM use same engine than Marvel's Spiderman and will be also on PS4. Horizon FW use Decima Engine and will be also on PS4.

It's not an excuse.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. MM is a smaller game not even fully priced, and is a launch game. We know as much about Horizon 2 as we do about GT7 and haven't seen any new footage or gameplay for Horizon 2 since the reveal. MM and Horizon 2 will also inevitably be notably held back compared to their true next-gen only sequels Spiderman 2 and whatever else Guerrilla Games is working on. Guerilla was also very open about ps4 hardware limiting what they wanted to do with the first Horizon.

The GT7 gameplay footage didn't even have ray-tracing enabled. Even in the car selection menu the car was missing self reflections. It literally just looked like a 4k GTSport.

Last edited:
It's frustrating as a fan of the series, you want all the information you can get but Sony know what they're doing as does the industry in general.

I hope you're right :)

We know as much about Horizon 2 as we do about GT7 and haven't seen any new footage or gameplay for Horizon 2 since the reveal.

Horizon FW, we have seen just a trailer in CGI with a "target 2021". It's coherent.

But why they showed gameplay for GT7 ? Some fans had hope for launch, for good reason. If this game wasn't ready, why not just show a trailer in engine like Forza Motorsport ? Today, we don't have more information and fans are in doubt. Sorry but I don't understand communication from Sony, really.

Anyway.

It literally just looked like a 4k GTSport.

No.. It can still be improved but it's already much better than GT Sport. But we've already debated about that.

Last edited:
cmon guys, Sony would have shown this system seller last week if its going to be a launch title.

You really think they would hide this valuable info :boggled:

And please don‘t blame Corvid 19 for all this delay.
We know Polyphony for 20 years now.

They always were slow and I am also disappointed that GT Sport does nog seem to get any more content....

They biggesg problem is and was the communication so we can just guess and assume.
And the reason for PD being slow was known, their struggle with PS3 architecture, which seemingly got resolved by PS4's one. And also for GTS, starting from scratch, which GT7 will probably use as a base. But for both, PD is a small company that has under 200 employees and won't outsource, though reportedly they're on hiring spree and they outsource now. It seems that most of the reasons they're slow are resolved or being worked upon, then what's holding them back now?

And the reason for PD being slow was known, their struggle with PS3 architecture, which seemingly got resolved by PS4's one. And also for GTS, starting from scratch, which GT7 will probably use as a base. But for both, PD is a small company that has under 200 employees and won't outsource, though reportedly they're on hiring spree and they outsource now. It seems that most of the reasons they're slow are resolved or being worked upon, then what's holding them back now?
This so much. Geezus, no offense, but it seems like most of you can't really get GT5's long dev time out of your heads and have to blame it on that instead of a very real pandemic that's clearly affecting a ton of companies out there, not just PD. Heck, some third party PS5 titles have recently been delayed because of Covid.

Again, if there wasn't a pandemic going on, then sure, PD is slow. I'd have no problem accepting that.

This so much. Geezus, no offense, but it seems like most of you can't really get GT5's long dev time out of your heads and have to blame it on that instead of a very real pandemic that's clearly affecting a ton of companies out there, not just PD. Heck, some third party PS5 titles have recently been delayed because of Covid.

Again, if there wasn't a pandemic going on, then sure, PD is slow. I'd have no problem accepting that.

They took a lot with GT5 BECAUSE ps3 was hard program making a game on it, it was time and resorces costly then, while now with ps5 for them it's easier with a much more advanced system, more experience, budget and everything and they are already building a game using GT Sport engine and assets, just improving them to PlayStation 5 standards, so there are two different situations and they have time since 2014 since started working on GT Sport to prepare basics for GT7, Sport is only a online based prologue of GT7 at the end for the ps4, which was like a GT7 prologue. PD is slow, we know that. But it doesn't mean that we can't criticize and blame because at the end we are customers and we wait for GT7 a lot of years, so it's normal to be a bit disappointed, especially when we don't have much info in more than 3 months, but okay.... If not in september, we will get info in October or December... The only importat thing is that they make a good game, polished, big and complete. Of course, we must be patient but just saying, try to understand us. Put yourself in our shoes.

We accept that, it's not the end of the world. But again, we have the right to be disappointed because we care about our favourite franchise, as customers.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they reach 250 with outsourcing could speed up car rooster, so in 2021 depending how far in the year will come out, could push instead 500 cars at launch maybe reach 600-700 thanks to outsourcing, if it's late 2021 :)

Especially when once again, Kaz is in a high enough position at Sony to have a say. People seemingly keep forgetting that part (especially this guy going fully into conspiracy mode).

isn‘t Kaz not even vice president at Sony?
Well - this explains why NOBODY can stress him or his company.

And GT3 and GT4 came also with delays back in PS2 days ;)

And GT3 and GT4 came also with delays back in PS2 days
Source for that? 'Cause I'm not seeing it with the two year gap between 2 and 3. Maybe between 3 and 4, but that's still a normal dev time. In today's standards, at least.

Horizon FW, we have seen just a trailer in CGI with a "target 2021". It's coherent.

But why they showed gameplay for GT7 ? Some fans had hope for launch, for good reason. If this game wasn't ready, why not just show a trailer in engine like Forza Motorsport ? Today, we don't have more information and fans are in doubt. Sorry but I don't understand communication from Sony, really.

Anyway.

Horizon trailer wasn't CG though, it was real-time.

Why did polyphony show a trailer with GT4 gameplay at 1080p at the PS3 revealing? Showing gameplay doesn't mean anything regarding when the game is releasing considering the gameplay literally just looked like the previous generation game.

No.. It can still be improved but it's already much better than GT Sport. But we've already debated about that.

"much better" is a good joke.

granturismosport_20208ekfw.png

gt704jsjyy.jpg

Horizon trailer wasn't CG though, it was real-time.

Why did polyphony show a trailer with GT4 gameplay at 1080p at the PS3 revealing? Showing gameplay doesn't mean anything regarding when the game is releasing considering the gameplay literally just looked like the previous generation game.

Sorry but I don't care about past :boggled:

"much better" is a good joke.

I don't need photo.

I have GT Sport and seen trailer in UHD on my TV via Youtube, it's enough for me to see how much better it is.

Last edited:
From those two photos to me GT7 looks like it has more dynamic range. It does look better! Haha. But hard to compare 2 different tracks and lighting conditions.

Indeed.

I'm still getting the feeling that PD didn't want to spill the beans any more 'til it got a chance for clear air, such as the upcoming conference might provide, even 'though of course the company doesn't appear on the schedule sheet...

I'm not up with the game-event calendar, but maybe there'll be another chance soon?

It's not that Gran Turismo 7 is a shame, it's an announcement trailer.

Here's the Gran Turismo 5 E3 trailer.

If there is a next Gran Turismo 7 trailer, it'll probably be more elaborate.

I have GT Sport and seen trailer in UHD on my TV via Youtube, it's enough for me to see how much better it is.

Yet you can't actually describe all these supposed differences. It's GTS with better lighting until you want to show us what we're all missing.

Weather? No.
Dynamic lighting/time? No.
Better car models? No.
Different HUD? No.
Damage model? No.
New features? No.
Different driver animations? No.
Noticeably different physics? No.
Noticeably better AI? No.
Better lighting and increased resolution? Yes.

You keep saying "No it's not" every time someone says it was almost the same as GTS, why don't you actually tell us what is different. We're obviously all missing something you're seeing.

And by the way, it's not even a dig against PD. If that's all they've got for now, then fine. Most sane people only truly judge the final product, not an initial trailer.

Yet you can't actually describe all these supposed differences. It's GTS with better lighting until you want to show us what we're all missing.

Weather? No.
Dynamic lighting/time? No.
Better car models? No.
Different HUD? No.
Damage model? No.
New features? No.
Different driver animations? No.
Noticeably different physics? No.
Noticeably better AI? No.
Better lighting and increased resolution? Yes.

You keep saying "No it's not" every time someone says it was almost the same as GTS, why don't you actually tell us what is different. We're obviously all missing something you're seeing.

And by the way, it's not even a dig against PD. If that's all they've got for now, then fine. Most sane people only truly judge the final product, not an initial trailer.
It looks like it has higher quality textures in some places, but until we actually get a proper side by side comparison and not just random comparisons with this tralier it's hard to really say.

I think we're at a point now where it is mainly the resolution, frame rate and effects like RTS that will make the biggest differences. The polygon war IMO has ended, or at least slowed right down. There seems to be deminishing benefit in making models with twice as many polygons as we keep moving up the generational ladder because to the eye the difference get's harder to notice but the work involved will be massively increased.

The truth is, a lot of these comparison videos or screenshots aren't at 4k resolution and many have been resized, so it's very dififcult to determine just how different GT7 and GT Sport are at the moment and I'd like to see proper comparisons in 4k. GT7 does look better in many areas, mainly due to the lighting, resolution and RTS but it will good to get a proper comparison at a later date when we can.

Like you said, even if those effects are the only differences right now and better textures and models is placebo because they look better with the extra resolution and effects etc. then it's no dig at PD, we are all fans of the series and just want it to be the best we hope it can be.

Last edited:
Back