Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by sems4arsenal, May 28, 2020.

1. Haitauer

Haitauer

Funny conversation you have here guys. A lot of made up "facts" mixed with guesses and opinios. We dont have that much knowlege on GT7 yet outside things on videos that might easily change in development. But carry on.. :cheers::lol:

I think there would be more hype on the launch titles if they were 100% sure who get it done by then. This is holding back my interest on PS5. But I guess they have learned something to know not to market anything with potential of being postponed..

MadMax97 and sesven like this.
  2. sesven

sesven

I think if you believe GT7 will look better you'll find screengrabs to support your message. If you believe it wont you'll find screengrabs that won't look better. Cherry picking works both ways.

I'm sure you can dig up a track side photo in GT sport that looks much worse than that trial mountain one.

edit, somehow I ended up quoting the wrong response:boggled:

SSAuto and Dave A like this.
  3. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Destruction AllStars is meant to be a launch game and we've seen less about that. Maybe GT7 can still be a launch game or at least in the launch window as it didn't look that ambitious apart from ray-tracing and controller implementation, good nostalgia money maker it looks like it is going to be. Better than nothing like majority of early part of PS4 lifecycle. Should keep them financially stable and allow for more ambitious GT games in the future to be made given PS5 is a beast of a console. They will probably be releasing games on PS5 even in the next decade so plenty of time to up their game.

Sony have yet to show teardown of console and UI which potentially might get shown tomorrow given it is the day before Xbox pre-orders. I think GT will be a good example of how quick you can get into a race from cold boot of console. I wonder if it will be something like 5-10X faster than the competition.

4. Monkey Man

Monkey Man

I sure hope so, man.

Hopefully the days of having to watch flags, racetrack logos and pre-rendered video clips whilst tracks load will be gone. This alone for me is gonna be insane.

5. alex511

alex511

Delete

6. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Yeah. I don't get it either. Even if GT3 was supposed to be a launch title, two years is still pretty damn good, and that still became a really good game to me. If anything, I'd say they were too hasty in getting it out one year after GT2, instead of being slow.

As it has been repeatedly said, the only reason why 5 took so long is because of the Cell. And Sport because they had to restart from scratch again, possibly rewriting all of their Cell-based code. Everything else has been within normal dev times.

But sure, keep on peddling this evidently false narrative that "PD has been slooow for the last 20 years" when they've only been truly slow with GT5. =/

ArR29, Zlork and Animedeaf like this.
  7. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

There has never been any confirmation that GT7 was meant to be a launch title, none, zip, nada.

So the reason it isn't ready is quite simple, it was never meant to be there for launch in the first place.

Animedeaf likes this.
  8. Samus

Samus

Whether you want to call them outright slow depends on your outlook. What PD have a reputation for is delays.

GT1 wasn't officially delayed, but Kaz has said it took far longer than expected.
    GT2 was delayed by only a couple of weeks.
    GT3 was delayed by a year.
    GT4 was delayed several times, nearly 18 months total.
    GT5 was also delayed many times for 3 odd years.
    GT6 released on time but a major advertised feature was delayed by nearly two years.
    GTS was delayed by a year.

GT PSP started as GT4 Mobile with an intended release date in early 2005. It eventually got released four years later after several delays.

You can make your own mind up whether they were rushing in the first place, but PD and delays have historically gone hand in hand.

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

Should be noted by the fact that internal files in GTPSP say "GT5M", GTPSP basically had a development reset between it's intended GT4 tie-in game to a GT5 tie-in one.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  10. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Well. I'd say they were rushing on some and struggled on others. Like, what big developer does a huge game in one year only? lol

But I don't mind (non-pandemic affecting) delays as long as the total development time remains in the ballpark of 2-3 years.

11. AAO_Ace010

AAO_Ace010

Hey i'm new to this forum and i just looked at my Amazon and it says that GT7 release date is December. 31 2021
    I hope that is not true.

Animedeaf likes this.
  12. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

There is the Tokyo Game Show this week (beginning this Wednesday, on my Birthday no less). As I mentioned, there is usually something vaguely related to GT shown there.

MadMax97 and Monkey Man like this.
  13. wicken

wicken

Placeholder release date.

14. ArR29

ArR29

Well, you said they were always known for being slow but that's not actually the case. They've decent output their struggle only started during their transition to PS3. I never said they are quick either, 3-4 years is their average cycle and delays happen all the time it's not exclusive to PD.

>Knowing the fact that GT7 is based on GT Sports (and you clearly see it).
    What is the reason they have it not ready for the PS5 launch?

I don't know maybe they're planning bigger things in GT7. More content, features, better online structures, etc. Game development is far more demanding now as I mentioned a couple of times before.

sesven, Dave A and Zlork like this.
  15. Zlork

Zlork

Yeah, 3-4 years is a normal development time.

I doubt it but why not.

16. strela

strela

Don't want to ruin your Birthday party but it's very unlikely we will se anything about GT7. It's going to be an online only event and the program has been already decided. And there's no Sony special nor any mention about PD/GT7. Which is really weird. No Sony on TGS? That's unbelievable.
    https://www.siliconera.com/tokyo-game-show-2020-schedule/

xxy98cn and sesven like this.
  17. dimassa19

dimassa19

Yes, there are not enough reflections in GT Sport in the first photo. ;)
    In the second photo, see how the sunlight interacts with the foliage of the trees. ;)
    In my third photo, in the following post, see the power of the headlights during the day. ;)

18. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Does the GTSPORT playable on PS5 at the launch of the console ??

If yes , does PS5 players on GTS able to share with PS4 users the game during a FIA race events for exemple ??.

19. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Well it was hardly ruining my birthday if it didn't as it wasn't the only Japanese franchise I was hoping to see more of (fighting game fans will know what I am talking about), just mentioned it as a potential next chance based on its history. No surprise its online this year as are many conventions or events have been (Most recently, Gamescom)

MadMax97 likes this.
  20. dimassa19

dimassa19

Welcome aboard! :gtpflag:

Aero2000 likes this.
  21. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

Sure, it does look better, but not by much.

dimassa19 likes this.
  22. SebiGT89

SebiGT89

23. JTB10000

JTB10000

Let's just wait for official info straight from PD or Sony.

24. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

I would be surprised (and disappointed) if it isn't.

I have read that crossplay across the 2 consoles is confirmed.
    Also that save files carry over to the new console.
    The article was discussing if players on the new console may have an advantage in certain games.

I might be able to find where I read that again, but I don't recall it being an 'official' source.

praiano63 likes this.
  25. Sharpie

Sharpie

MadMax97 likes this.
  26. TS050

TS050 Premium

We really need to exercise more common sense in this thread. The first to know when GT7 comes out will be Sony. The first to announce when the game comes out will be Sony. Official PlayStation Magazine don’t know when it’s coming out. Random car magazines around the world don’t know when it’s coming out.

GT7 isn’t coming this year. Do you not think Sony would’ve advertised it during the event last week if it was? GT is Sony’s biggest series through sales alone, and GTS was still a big seller despite being a huge departure from the traditional GT formula. GT7 is the first GT to return to the “traditional formula” (from what we know, anyway) in over 7 years, and appears to have a lot of hype behind it (third most viewed game trailer from the June event, behind Spider-Man Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West). Purposely not announcing it at an event with high viewership seems like a horrific play to me.

27. MroczMR

MroczMR

To be honest after what they did with not telling anybody that Dark Souls is PS5 launch title and it came out on Geoff twitter i won't be so sure about Sony knowing it first.

But yeah some of this news are not realistic.

MadMax97 and Racing_Miku like this.
  28. o000o

o000o

It must carry over (and GT7's License is updated resembling the driving school progress in GTS), like GT2/GT4's Data Transfer.

29. dimassa19

dimassa19

delete

30. dimassa19

dimassa19

Now imagine PS5 players taking advantage with better physics... (at an FIA event)

praiano63 likes this.