Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,376 comments
Does the GTSPORT playable on PS5 at the launch of the console ??

If yes , does PS5 players on GTS able to share with PS4 users the game during a FIA race events for exemple ??.
I would be surprised (and disappointed) if it isn't.

I have read that crossplay across the 2 consoles is confirmed.
Also that save files carry over to the new console.
The article was discussing if players on the new console may have an advantage in certain games.

I might be able to find where I read that again, but I don't recall it being an 'official' source.

We really need to exercise more common sense in this thread. The first to know when GT7 comes out will be Sony. The first to announce when the game comes out will be Sony. Official PlayStation Magazine don’t know when it’s coming out. Random car magazines around the world don’t know when it’s coming out.

GT7 isn’t coming this year. Do you not think Sony would’ve advertised it during the event last week if it was? GT is Sony’s biggest series through sales alone, and GTS was still a big seller despite being a huge departure from the traditional GT formula. GT7 is the first GT to return to the “traditional formula” (from what we know, anyway) in over 7 years, and appears to have a lot of hype behind it (third most viewed game trailer from the June event, behind Spider-Man Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West). Purposely not announcing it at an event with high viewership seems like a horrific play to me.

We really need to exercise more common sense in this thread. The first to know when GT7 comes out will be Sony. The first to announce when the game comes out will be Sony. Official PlayStation Magazine don’t know when it’s coming out. Random car magazines around the world don’t know when it’s coming out.

To be honest after what they did with not telling anybody that Dark Souls is PS5 launch title and it came out on Geoff twitter i won't be so sure about Sony knowing it first.

But yeah some of this news are not realistic.

I would be surprised (and disappointed) if it isn't.

I have read that crossplay across the 2 consoles is confirmed.
Also that save files carry over to the new console.
The article was discussing if players on the new console may have an advantage in certain games.

I might be able to find where I read that again, but I don't recall it being an 'official' source.
It must carry over (and GT7's License is updated resembling the driving school progress in GTS), like GT2/GT4's Data Transfer.

Past experiences with pre-launch info on forthcoming GT games have typically been that info and details arrived in large batches that were few and relatively far between. Long delays haven’t been unusual either, because that’s what Kaz does if he still sees obvious room for improvement.

I wouldn’t read too much into it, but of course things are unusual nowadays with the pandemic and conventions getting cancelled everywhere. News will come when it will come, and until then I prefer not to overthink things. Some GT Sport DLC would be nice though, just to confirm that PD is doing well.

Same game, different machines. It doesn't seem so obvious to me. ;)
The physics engine is part of the game, not part of the console. There's no reason for it to be different on PS5. The only thing that could change is that the game runs a bit smoother on PS5, but that will only affect the framerate, not the handling.

I hope Kaz and his team are okay. No tweet since july....

Don’t worry, he’s pretty active on FB.

Attachments

• 677670D4-4438-4393-A278-F08AE6D41D59.png
    677670D4-4438-4393-A278-F08AE6D41D59.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 68
  • E545D877-B517-4465-986C-AA9B45AFD96D.png
    E545D877-B517-4465-986C-AA9B45AFD96D.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 66
Whether you want to call them outright slow depends on your outlook. What PD have a reputation for is delays.

GT1 wasn't officially delayed, but Kaz has said it took far longer than expected.
GT2 was delayed by only a couple of weeks.
GT3 was delayed by a year.
GT4 was delayed several times, nearly 18 months total.
GT5 was also delayed many times for 3 odd years.
GT6 released on time but a major advertised feature was delayed by nearly two years.
GTS was delayed by a year.

GT PSP started as GT4 Mobile with an intended release date in early 2005. It eventually got released four years later after several delays.

You can make your own mind up whether they were rushing in the first place, but PD and delays have historically gone hand in hand.

Thank you!

This was the aspect I meaned when I called them slow.
I should have called them „unreliable“ and maybe „loud mouths.

Anyway - as soon as a release date is confirmed I get myself a PS5.
Maybe a bundle then.

They never said that GT7 would be a launch title but most of us hoped so.

3 years for a GT6 that basically was just "more of the same" as GT5 including the graphics and the horrible standard cars.
And 4 years until GT Sport which was not even a true Gran Turismo.

But its ok.
Keep on defending them. :sly:

--------------------------------------

Knowing the fact that GT7 is based on GT Sports (and you clearly see it).

What is the reason they have it not ready for the PS5 launch?

Please don´t act now like Polyphony was always known for being super quick and never delayed games.

And if the reasons were "low employees" and "no outsourcing" its the entire fault of the company and their buizz and one has the right to stay that this company was slow and still makes mistakes.

And their marketing is as bad as it always has been.
No communication at all.

We don´t even know if GT Sport gets the promised Vision Porsche cars now or not.
Explaining the reasons don't take away the fact they're slow. It's obvious they're slow, I'm just explaining the reasons. They really do have low employees, especially at 130-ish, in GT1-GT6 time. And yeah outsourcing is done to make a work faster, PD didn't do it, hence they're slow.

GT7 isn’t coming this year. Do you not think Sony would’ve advertised it during the event last week if it was? GT is Sony’s biggest series through sales alone, and GTS was still a big seller despite being a huge departure from the traditional GT formula. GT7 is the first GT to return to the “traditional formula” (from what we know, anyway) in over 7 years, and appears to have a lot of hype behind it (third most viewed game trailer from the June event, behind Spider-Man Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West). Purposely not announcing it at an event with high viewership seems like a horrific play to me.

You right, people should low their exceptations otherwise be disappointed it's inevitable... So I agree :)

Yeah, considering GT is such a hyped game would be very strange to not have shown if it was a launch game, the fact that we hadn't any ps5 Announcement in ps5 16 september showcase, it means that game NEEDS more time to be finished, it's still in development stage altough maybe advanced stage, but it will definitely not come in 2020 so people need to get over it and know that holiday release is 98% unlikely unless miracle happen, but miracles don't happen so..... It will launch in 2021, could be Q2,Q3 or even Q4 but it's a 2021 game, that's what is sure.

Hoping kaz will not delay it to 2022-2023 but I hope not!

Explaining the reasons don't take away the fact they're slow. It's obvious they're slow, I'm just explaining the reasons. They really do have low employees, especially at 130-ish, in GT1-GT6 time. And yeah outsourcing is done to make a work faster, PD didn't do it, hence they're slow.

They have 200-250 employers now with outsourcing and everything, they had 170+ in 2018-2019, now more than 200!

Last edited by a moderator:
The physics engine is part of the game, not part of the console. There's no reason for it to be different on PS5. The only thing that could change is that the game runs a bit smoother on PS5, but that will only affect the framerate, not the handling.
I hope you're right. ;)

They have 200-250 employers now with outsourcing and everything, they had 170+ in 2018-2019, now more than 200!
In other words: 170 was never enough and we can see it with our own eyes in the past 3 installments.
I've always heard about T10 having a minimum of 300 employees. That's one of the reasons why they can dish out content way faster than PD.

Last edited:
In other words: 170 was never enough and we can see it with our own eyes in the past 3 installments.
I've always heard about T10 having a minimum of 300 employees. That's one of the reasons why they can dish out content way faster than PD.

I disagree. You just can't compare it by the pure staff numbers. You don't know what tasks are give to other Sony units (Marketing, ...) and you also don't know how much workload is outsourced during the production of the game. Look at the cars that are created by the guys from India. Another point you have to consider is how many assets and other things are taken from older installments in both GT and Forza.

I disagree. You just can't compare it by the pure staff numbers. You don't know what tasks are give to other Sony units (Marketing, ...) and you also don't know how much workload is outsourced during the production of the game. Look at the cars that are created by the guys from India. Another point you have to consider is how many assets and other things are taken from older installments in both GT and Forza.
Of course you can disagree. I wrote staff number is one of the reasons. Not the reason.
I just take a look back at what we've been given since the PS3 era and the release of GT5. I've been following T10 and PD (and playing FM and GT). Satisfaction vs no satisfaction. Features vs no features. Licenses vs no licenses. Cars vs no cars. No duplicates vs duplicates. And so on.
This is not a fanboy war. I defended PD, then I gave up because GT6 and GTS were still disappointing for me.
I'm not expecting a good/revolutionary GT7. The fault is always PD's and Sony's, in every way.

Last edited:
Zero new info were given at the recent playstation event. I highly doubt Sony and PD will let some select youtubers "play" GT7 at this stage. Not even let them move through the main menu.

Looks like PS5 will be experienced by select YouTubers from October 4th so maybe chance Sony might release more official footage before then. They used GT Sport to demonstrate haptic feedback to Wired so maybe we will get more of GT7 shown off in the next couple of weeks.

Popular creators play PS5 ™ for the first time! "Try! PlayStation®5 on YouTube Gaming Week" will be released from October 4th (Japanese PS Blog Article)
It's cool that Playstation is going to let creators show off the console instead of doing it themselves, we may get to see more because of it. With that said, there is no way in hell more GT7 gameplay be revealed on some random YT creators channel. The only way I could maybe see it, is if Jimmy Broadbent was one of the YT's to demo the PS5 on their channel with GT7... but that's assuming GT7 is even close to being in a playable state.

Pretty obvious they're only going to be playing launch titles to generate further interest in the new console. I know people are desperate and Saidur likes to have his wild predictions (Have Sony enabled 4K on PS Slim yet?) but you need to be realistic. Their focus is the launch of the console and the launch titles this year. As with Horizon, I wouldn't expect anything until early next year, assuming that releases Holiday 2021. If GTS is launching the same time, same deal.

They want people buying consoles and games now and in the next few months, not thinking "Ooh that's out next year, I'll wait until then".

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised that due to the limited numbers of PS5 consoles at launch that GT7 gets pushed for a mid-end 2021 release. Would surely be more profitable for Sony as we know GT is a system seller and I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a PS5 + GT7 bundle

Back