Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by sems4arsenal, May 28, 2020.

1. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Animedeaf, Ddkklop and TheNuvolari like this.
  2. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

Its utterly hideous.

Dave A likes this.
  3. REsuperG

REsuperG

I think they're legitly from PD ... Instagram users with blue thick ribbon looking asterisk by their name are "OFFICIAL" and is shown on celebrities, etc. accounts to separate themselves from other users whom may "impersonate"

That account actually posted updates the day or night before they actually came out... They're pretty legit and as a GT fan since part 1, I assume that account to actually be "them"

4. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

I think what Samus means is that the people running those accounts may well work for Sony/PD but they aren't really involved in the game development in any way, they're just PR/marketing people who probably know little more than you or I about GT7.

sirjim73, Auto motors, sesven and 2 others like this.
  5. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

They are official, but they are a separate company just doing social media for them.
    They just use short clips to keep the 'hype' going. Usually, actual new stuff will come straight from Sony. The social media guys will probably only get a few hours notice.

REsuperG likes this.
  6. Samus

Samus

Yes, it's an official account but it's not operated by the developers at PD in any of their studios, just a social media company in the US. Someone posted the exact one a while back, I'll have to find it. But that means what they post most of the time has no direct relation to what PD are actually doing. When PD have something to share they will send it to Sony, who will in turn send it to John and Bob or whoever it is directly posting to those accounts. But until then, they're as much in the dark as we are and have to just make do with what they have.

Ddkklop and REsuperG like this.
  7. queleuleu

queleuleu

What happened? This was supposed to be much more ambitious.

"This individual will support SIEA’s first party franchise title by moderating social media platforms and forums, spearheading community events, responding to users posts, managing content, and working with Production, Design, Art, PR and Marketing to creating a strong digital presence and fan base loyalty."

8. SSAuto

SSAuto

While I am certain it won't be a launch title, I do remember seeing in an article on this website that Kaz said he would continue to add content as and when its ready (akin to GT Sport's updates) I think he likened it to a streaming service. If anyone could link that article that would be great :)

REsuperG likes this.
  9. NickXP

NickXP

It has many⏳⏳⏳⏳ which could mean that new information is coming soon

10. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Or that they're patiently waiting just like everyone else, or that we know its being made and in time it'll be released.

The stuff some people grasp at when nothing is said is pretty wild. They could have posted it with absolutely nothing written and someone would likely assume something similar.

Faultier, fikridroid, Nielsen and 2 others like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

Shame it doesn't have one hourglass. Four could mean four months to four years. :sly:

xxy98cn, Faultier, Ddkklop and 4 others like this.
  12. ArR29

ArR29

Honestly, I don't care wether GT7 is launch title or not. All I want is a little bit of info about the game specially the campaign. That's the first thing Kaz mentioned during the June event.

ProjectF, Ddkklop, Gtsport28 and 5 others like this.
  13. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

Its not a release title, it would have been shown off / confimed by Sony if it were.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear of anything until next year to be honest. Sony will want to be pushing what is available for launch and Christmas. No point in talking about a game that you can't buy and that they won't commit to a release window for. I'd hope for a release window (e.g. Q1/2/3/4) soon, but the longer we go with no new information or footage the more i think we're looking at 12-18 months after PS5 release instead of 3-6.

14. Samus

Samus

Same thing as the promised Q&A here, or any other type of advanced community outreach that has been hinted at in the past I'd guess - scuppered by PD. You can hire as many social media managers as you want but without the co-operation and content from the people making the game things are going to be very tough.

I've been in a similar position a few years ago helping to manage and improve the online presence of a pretty big entertainment entity, but their management weren't interested in giving us funding, content and access to allow us to do that. There are only so many times you can ask people generic questions or post old YouTube videos before they lose interest. Without the backing we just folded entirely and now like PD, all they have are a couple of guys posting random boring stuff on social media.

So frustrating when you look at other companies doing it far better, but not much you can do when the higher ups don't play ball.

15. badbob099

badbob099

Now this is interesting to see...

Attached Files:

16. GBalao888

GBalao888

I think that's basically the same trailer playing on a 4K TV at a supermarket.

xxy98cn, Ddkklop, sesven and 6 others like this.
  17. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Yes it's the Mazda GR3 chasing the 917 towards the end of Trial Mountain, definitely from the trailer.

18. ArR29

ArR29

I don't think it matters really. PD has always been like this. They will release something to the public then leave us hanging for a long time without any communication. I'm not saying they owed us, they have the rights to keep their development progress to themselves. But a little bit of communication rather than generic social media PR would be helpful at this point. It's 2020 now for Pete sake.

Ddkklop, sesven and fikridroid like this.
  19. Zlork

Zlork

This probably arrange PoDi.

But we shouldn't minimize the importance of Sony in communication today. For example, Guerrilla Games is just as silent as PoDi for Horizon FW. They weren't even the ones who announced that their game will also be released on PS4....

20. Sharpie

Sharpie

21. Samus

Samus

What relevance does that have to this topic?

22. Nielsen

Nielsen

GT7 startup icon.

23. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Would wager that GT7 picture with the GT-r?

24. happycorey

happycorey

That video is from Sept 3rd so not even PS5 relevant.

xxy98cn likes this.
  25. Dave A

Dave A Premium

You know it's fake though right? It's a fan made UI like the fan made box-art and UI threads on here.

xxy98cn likes this.
  26. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

The uploader description also shows that it's their own work though it does seem similar to a rumour article I saw over on Push Square about how it might look, we'll see in time.

xxy98cn likes this.
  27. Samus

Samus

Exactly, the uploader doesn't exactly hide the fact it's his personally made UI concept, not an official one.

28. Nielsen

Nielsen

I was wondering why the UI looks so cheap, so relief if it’s fake. But again, I figure it was posted because of the GT7 icon.

Ddkklop and Dave A like this.
  29. juanffy18

juanffy18

Maybe 4th october we will see the real UI from PS5

Animedeaf likes this.
  30. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I might as well jump on and take advantage to pump up views on my youtube channel if people STILL can't tell the difference between the real stuff and the fakes. Yes it'd be taking advantage of people for some selfish gain but at some point, it goes from "Simple mistake" to "You can't tell from something that obvious? Seriously?"

SDSPOWER01 and happycorey like this.