Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 38,931 comments
Wouldn't be surprised that due to the limited numbers of PS5 consoles at launch that GT7 gets pushed for a mid-end 2021 release. Would surely be more profitable for Sony as we know GT is a system seller and I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a PS5 + GT7 bundle
I don't think it's getting pushed to anything at the moment, I doubt it has ever been planned as a launch release.

But a 2021 holiday release would make a lot of sense assumiong it's ready by then even.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised that due to the limited numbers of PS5 consoles at launch that GT7 gets pushed for a mid-end 2021 release. Would surely be more profitable for Sony as we know GT is a system seller and I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a PS5 + GT7 bundle
I doubt the limited numbers has anything to do with GT7 or has affected it in any way whatsoever. What would have been more profitable would be having it as a release title when all the hype is still high for the new console, but that's very, very unlikely to happen.

Shows hourglass ticking... I wonder how much longer the wait will be

I wouldn't mind one bit if it was a launch title and further DLCs/updates were provided to enhance the game

The people running that account are waiting the same as we are, hence why they've been using the same single trailer to create buzz since June.

Hey guys, have you seen this?

Nothing more than a fan-art though.

248588_source.jpg

248590_source.jpg

248593_source.jpg

248591_source.jpg

From this site, translate if you want, there aren't any words about GT: https://www.autonavigator.hu/cikkek/lenyugozo-sportautokent-eledhetne-ujja-az-alfa-romeo-montreal/

EDIT: Boo, it's from October :lol:

The people running that account are waiting the same as we are, hence why they've been using the same single trailer to create buzz since June.

I think they're legitly from PD ... Instagram users with blue thick ribbon looking asterisk by their name are "OFFICIAL" and is shown on celebrities, etc. accounts to separate themselves from other users whom may "impersonate"

That account actually posted updates the day or night before they actually came out... They're pretty legit and as a GT fan since part 1, I assume that account to actually be "them"

I think they're legitly from PD ... Instagram users with blue thick ribbon looking asterisk by their name are "OFFICIAL" and is shown on celebrities, etc. accounts to separate themselves from other users whom may "impersonate"

That account actually posted updates the day or night before they actually came out... They're pretty legit and as a GT fan since part 1, I assume that account to actually be "them"
They are official, but they are a separate company just doing social media for them.
They just use short clips to keep the 'hype' going. Usually, actual new stuff will come straight from Sony. The social media guys will probably only get a few hours notice.

I think what Samus means is that the people running those accounts may well work for Sony/PD but they aren't really involved in the game development in any way, they're just PR/marketing people who probably know little more than you or I about GT7.

Yes, it's an official account but it's not operated by the developers at PD in any of their studios, just a social media company in the US. Someone posted the exact one a while back, I'll have to find it. But that means what they post most of the time has no direct relation to what PD are actually doing. When PD have something to share they will send it to Sony, who will in turn send it to John and Bob or whoever it is directly posting to those accounts. But until then, they're as much in the dark as we are and have to just make do with what they have.

What happened? This was supposed to be much more ambitious.

"This individual will support SIEA’s first party franchise title by moderating social media platforms and forums, spearheading community events, responding to users posts, managing content, and working with Production, Design, Art, PR and Marketing to creating a strong digital presence and fan base loyalty."

Shows hourglass ticking... I wonder how much longer the wait will be

I wouldn't mind one bit if it was a launch title and further DLCs/updates were provided to enhance the game
While I am certain it won't be a launch title, I do remember seeing in an article on this website that Kaz said he would continue to add content as and when its ready (akin to GT Sport's updates) I think he likened it to a streaming service. If anyone could link that article that would be great :)

It has many⏳⏳⏳⏳ which could mean that new information is coming soon
Or that they're patiently waiting just like everyone else, or that we know its being made and in time it'll be released.

The stuff some people grasp at when nothing is said is pretty wild. They could have posted it with absolutely nothing written and someone would likely assume something similar.

Its not a release title, it would have been shown off / confimed by Sony if it were.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear of anything until next year to be honest. Sony will want to be pushing what is available for launch and Christmas. No point in talking about a game that you can't buy and that they won't commit to a release window for. I'd hope for a release window (e.g. Q1/2/3/4) soon, but the longer we go with no new information or footage the more i think we're looking at 12-18 months after PS5 release instead of 3-6.

What happened? This was supposed to be much more ambitious.

"This individual will support SIEA’s first party franchise title by moderating social media platforms and forums, spearheading community events, responding to users posts, managing content, and working with Production, Design, Art, PR and Marketing to creating a strong digital presence and fan base loyalty."

Same thing as the promised Q&A here, or any other type of advanced community outreach that has been hinted at in the past I'd guess - scuppered by PD. You can hire as many social media managers as you want but without the co-operation and content from the people making the game things are going to be very tough.

I've been in a similar position a few years ago helping to manage and improve the online presence of a pretty big entertainment entity, but their management weren't interested in giving us funding, content and access to allow us to do that. There are only so many times you can ask people generic questions or post old YouTube videos before they lose interest. Without the backing we just folded entirely and now like PD, all they have are a couple of guys posting random boring stuff on social media.

So frustrating when you look at other companies doing it far better, but not much you can do when the higher ups don't play ball.

Sony is the publisher and they control communictions as we have seen.
I don't think it matters really. PD has always been like this. They will release something to the public then leave us hanging for a long time without any communication. I'm not saying they owed us, they have the rights to keep their development progress to themselves. But a little bit of communication rather than generic social media PR would be helpful at this point. It's 2020 now for Pete sake.

I don't think it matters really. PD has always been like this. They will release something to the public then leave us hanging for a long time without any communication. I'm not saying they owed us, they have the rights to keep their development progress to themselves. But a little bit of communication rather than generic social media PR would be helpful at this point. It's 2020 now for Pete sake.

This probably arrange PoDi.

But we shouldn't minimize the importance of Sony in communication today. For example, Guerrilla Games is just as silent as PoDi for Horizon FW. They weren't even the ones who announced that their game will also be released on PS4....

Back