Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
We aren't asking him for feedback. He'd probably be playing Spiderman Miles Morales instead.

I prefer some feedback and some information from him or from a random user better than nothing.

We haven't to get a good idea from his feedback (or maybe we can) but maybe we can extract some important information.

So complete silence since the PS5 event. Typical PD.
The day I saw GT7 trailer I told myself it would eventually come to me one day, maybe in 2023. I have no clue or any proof, I just expect low.

Not really a Sport mode fan, but since Parts Tuning and Performance Points is returning, I would love if GT7 included a series that allows players to run whatever car they like, as long as it meets the Performance Point requirements. Forza Horizon does something like this in its ranked multiplayer, and its awesome. It feels like you are building up your own race car, trying to find the best trade offs with the regulations you are working with. Little things like sacrificing Body weight reduction, in return for fitting a bigger turbo kit to optimize your cars performance is so fun.

Last edited:
Not really a Sport mode fan, but since Parts Tuning and Performance Points is returning, I would love if GT7 included a series that allows players to run whatever car they like, as long as it meets the Performance Point requirements. Forza Horizon does something like this in its ranked multiplayer, and its awesome. It feels like you are building up your own race car, trying to find the best trade offs with the regulations you are working with. Little things like sacrificing Body weight reduction, in return for fitting a bigger turbo kit to optimize your cars performance is so fun.
That's how the old pp worked. I used the 130d in so many races. Tuned, It had so much torque, to be a pest versus sports cars.
Nurb GP was a favorite. I'd be able to pull ahead out of the slow corners. By the time the faster cars caught me, we had to brake.

At least Guerilla Games was clear about Horizon 2 release date : 2021. I was 99% sure given the latest news at Poly that GT7 was a launch title or at least ready for Christmas.
Something happened and Poly three months after the reveal just disappeared. Any news or am I missing something? Even Turn 10 was clear about Forza 8.
This mysterious and non sense communication from Sony and Poly is ridiculous from a professional point of view.
Gran Turismo is nothing for a kid today when it used to be cool late 90's, early 00's.

No you haven't missed anything, there has never been any suggestion from Sony or PD that GT7 would be ready or launch this year. It makes absolute sense that PD and Sony would not be releasing much information about a game that is unlikely to release anywhere close to the new consoles launch, close to the said consoles launch.

At least Guerilla Games was clear about Horizon 2 release date : 2021. I was 99% sure given the latest news at Poly that GT7 was a launch title or at least ready for Christmas.
Something happened and Poly three months after the reveal just disappeared. Any news or am I missing something? Even Turn 10 was clear about Forza 8.
This mysterious and non sense communication from Sony and Poly is ridiculous from a professional point of view.
Gran Turismo is nothing for a kid today when it used to be cool late 90's, early 00's.
I think they've already learned their lesson not to reveal the release date to the public because Sony knows PD tend to delay their game as they see fit, otherwise fans will just complain about it. Zoomers have different taste but GT is a huge brand and can stand on its own without pandering to the new generation of gamers.

That is sad

Paris Games Week in October would've been perfect for more on GT7, but since that also got canceled due to the pandemic, my guess is that Sony will do another digital event close to or on launch day that'll detail the rest of the launch window in early 2021.

Remember that R&C doesn't have a release date either.

Willing to bet if a revamped version of High Speed Ring is in GT7, Kazunori will give it an oval Layout. It only makes sense.
Blasphemy! Kaz would never!! We already have Special Stage Route X, Daytona, those two ovals I cant remember what they are called.

That's one track that has been the same in 20+ years. If he would redo it I think he would make the grand stands stretch out of the first embankment. Maybe make some changes with the eases but it's safe to say it's fine the way it is...

Kinda don't see High Speed Ring being altered honestly. At most a graphical update (As it's two generations old since its last appearance) and maybe a few aesthetic changes here and there (Kinda like Route X since that was also last seen when High Speed Ring was prior to it showing up in GT Sport) but nothing substantial.

Kinda don't see High Speed Ring being altered honestly. At most a graphical update (As it's two generations old since its last appearance) and maybe a few aesthetic changes here and there (Kinda like Route X since that was also last seen when High Speed Ring was prior to it showing up in GT Sport) but nothing substantial.

Like I said the track is synonymous for it being a long, fast, simple track. Cosmetic yeah I definitely needs an upgrade.

Weird thought but I wanna see the track grandstands to be this monstrosity like the florida race in cars 3
TfjjzJGLea5Ra1Zp9

Blasphemy! Kaz would never!! We already have Special Stage Route X, Daytona, those two ovals I cant remember what they are called.

That's one track that has been the same in 20+ years. If he would redo it I think he would make the grand stands stretch out of the first embankment. Maybe make some changes with the eases but it's safe to say it's fine the way it is...

I don't know, I was really surprised by how much they changed Trial Mountain. The front portion of the track looks really good and very respectful of the original, but once you go past the first tunnel, it doesn't even look much like the old track anymore. They changed the entire biome lol. They literally removed the iconic forest area, and yeet-chicane. Not saying I hate it, but its proof that PD is willing to go all-out on track revamps for next gen. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they added an oval layout to HSR in a massive revamp, but tbh I wouldn't even hate that either because it at least makes a bit of sense on a track with all that banking, and being called 'High Speed Ring'.

I don't know, I was really surprised by how much they changed Trial Mountain. The front portion of the track looks really good and very respectful of the original, but once you go past the first tunnel, it doesn't even look much like the old track anymore. They changed the entire biome lol. Not saying I hate it, but its proof that PD is willing to go all-out on track revamps for next gen. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they added an oval layout to HSR in a massive revamp, but tbh I wouldn't even hate it because it at least makes a bit of sense on a track with all that banking, and being called 'High Speed Ring'.

I liked what they did with trial mountain too. Personally I think he revised it to meet FIA grade 1 track requirements and I feel he might do it with other tracks. but the difference between all of these tracks and HSR? is HSR is too simple to change it. It's unnessry..

Thing is, Trial Mountain got nowhere near the amount of attention HSR did (Along with Apricot Hill and Mid-Field in GT6), at most it's just been slightly graphically updated since its appearance in GT3.

Personally I think he revised it to meet FIA grade 1 track requirements and I feel he might do it with other tracks. but the difference between all of these tracks and HSR? is HSR is too simple to change it. It's unnessry..

I keep hearing people say FIA needs to make tracks FIA Grade 1 in order for them to be in the game, but I haven't seen it anywhere. At first I thought it to be true, but I haven't found any concrete information that even suggests that is the case. All I know is, the renovated Trial Mountain isn't going to pass FIA grading with no barriers and no runoff in the middle section. Keep in mind, Tracks like Laguna Seca aren't even FIA Grade 1 in real life.

As for HSR being simple and change be unnecessary, I actually agree. In my opinion, I would prefer the only changes these tracks receive being massive graphical overhauls, and added features as evidence of an aging and expanding track over the years. But after seeing Trial Mountain, I think I will find myself happiest if I learn to embrace these changes lol

I think they've already learned their lesson not to reveal the release date to the public because Sony knows PD tend to delay their game as they see fit, otherwise fans will just complain about it. Zoomers have different taste but GT is a huge brand and can stand on its own without pandering to the new generation of gamers.

Nothing to do with PoDi. Sony is no longer revealing release date until games are ready. Ratchet & Clank or Returnal has nos date, too.

Otherwise HSR, I'm not a big fan of this track.

Just a reminder but I believe Kaz did say that PD are free to do what they like with their own tracks as far as the FIA is concerned but if it's a real world track then it has to be a precise replica.

Back