Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Did you ever get the DriveHub? If so, any thoughts on it? Any issues? Or anybody else have the Thrustmaster 500 on a PS5 and is using the DriveHub for GT7? I'm ABOUT to pull the trigger on one so my daughter and I can play split-screen co-op on the PS5 (as opposed to using the PS4 copy of the game). She has a TM 300 (she just doesn't know it yet) and I'd use my 500.
Drivehub/PS5/GT7/T500 no luck so far

Last edited:
Just confirmed everything is still working as of 2.26.23

PS5 + GT7 + T500 RS + DriveHub

VIDEO HERE:

Thanks so much. I finally got it working with a PS4 controller wired in (10 minute cut-out problem). My problem I think is that I do NOT have the Hori mini. I got the HORI OCTA fighting controller. Returning this HORI and ordering the mini.

Have a T500rs also and nearly went ahead with the DriveHub+hori setup, but I'm Canada right now the prices are a little to far above what you can buy them for elsewhere so held off.

Making do with the PS4 version on the PS5, but would love to be taking advantage of the better graphics and other bells and whistles.

If by any chance anyone is in Canada and doesn't need theirs anymore let me know as I'd be interested and happy to come to a mutually acceptable deal!

Or if anyone sees them in sale perhaps they could post here - it's nearly CA$200 at the moment which seems a bit steep, and would rather save that towards a new wheel ideally.

Glad to hear it's working for such an old, but still great wheel!

Last edited:
Just confirmed everything is still working as of 2.26.23

PS5 + GT7 + T500 RS + DriveHub

VIDEO HERE:

Thanks for that video! What firmware version are you running on your Drivehub? Almost all firmware versions give a dead feel to my wheel unless I go back to the PS4 version :(

This wheel is one factor holding me back from buying the PSVR2.

Last edited:
I contacted Collected Minds about this; it seems that they are aware of an issue that affects all TM wheels. I went ahead and bought the Drive Hub anyway. Strange results:
  • Mostly, only stiffness in the wheel
  • When gaining the B-1 license, there is kerb FF, road FF, and you can feel what the tyres are doing - but everywhere else (races etc.) this FF isn't there
  • I bought the HORI mini, and noticed that FF still seems to disappear from time to time - or more strangely, the wheel will act like it is on the Kerb (shakes) when driving on the track, and then FF reflects the track when on the grass. Have to disconnect the wheel and plug it back in. This kerb FF on track phenomenon doesn't happen often, but it happens..
  • FW 2.08

Bit of a mess and it is the reason I won't be buying the PSVR2 and I'm considering whether I ought to return the Drive hub..

Last edited:
So... Tested it.. Ps5, gt7, t500, hola controller and drivehub. It works. You should use the hola controller because it doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. According to other people, it also works with a ds4 controller if you switch off the Bluetooth of the controller in the settings and set it to wired. I also tested Ds4 and had a disconnect after 10 minutes without the settings above. Ps5 Controller dont work. Sorry for Bad english
It really works
What is a hola controller and what is a Ds4 controller?

For what it's worth, I updated the Drive Hub FW last night to the latest public release (2.9, IIRC) and the feedback is more consistent in terms of it being present. It eventually went away after a bunch of races and got to be hit-or-miss like the previous FW version, so I power cycled my wheel and also plugged it back into the PS5 and then it was present again for multiple races before I called it a day. So if you're not on 2.9, I recommend upgrading.

Back