Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
This is Thrustmasters response:

Thank you for contacting your Thrustmaster Support Team!

Your T500 is still indeed compatible with GT7 but with PS4. (but not with the Th8a Shifter)

Unfortunately the system hardware is the issue and not anymore compatible with PS5.

Back to you Sony.....

This is Thrustmasters response:

Thank you for contacting your Thrustmaster Support Team!

Your T500 is still indeed compatible with GT7 but with PS4. (but not with the Th8a Shifter)

Unfortunately the system hardware is the issue and not anymore compatible with PS5.

Back to you Sony.....
The stupid thing is that the PS4 version on PS5 does support this wheel.... Back to you Sony

This is from the patch notes in 1.06:

Fixed an issue wherein the Thrustmaster TH8A shifter would not operate properly when connected to the USB. Please note that the PlayStation®5 console is not compatible with this USB connection. The shifter can be used by connecting it directly to the steering wheel base using a 'DIN-to-DIN' cable.

HELP! Just buy a drivehub and i wanted to update the firmware and the update software tool find no device. Did you have this problem ? I tried on my laptop and on my surface
Just find on another thread. Just in case for other users. Just press p2 buttons (the one on the right side), keep pressing While plug the usb on you pc

My solution for now is playing the PS4 version with the T500RS wheel, and when I want to play with the controller I'm switching over to the PS5 version.

The PS4 graphics isn't that big of a difference and doesn't bother me.

Game progress does carry over when playing on each version.

Keep in mind that Playstation trophies does not sync. Each version of the game gets it own list of trophies.

My solution for now is playing the PS4 version with the T500RS wheel, and when I want to play with the controller I'm switching over to the PS5 version.

The PS4 graphics isn't that big of a difference and doesn't bother me.

Game progress does carry over when playing on each version.

Keep in mind that Playstation trophies does not sync. Each version of the game gets it own list of trophies.
Yes it is a solution but not one we should have to put up with! shelling out for two versions of the same game because the makers could not be arsed to include our wheels. The centre of the wheel has a lovely GT logo representing the game shame on you Sony get it sorted!

Yes it is a solution but not one we should have to put up with! shelling out for two versions of the same game because the makers could not be arsed to include our wheels. The centre of the wheel has a lovely GT logo representing the game shame on you Sony get it sorted!
Well, if you have the PS5 version you can also download the PS4 version for free, that is how it is with the digital version. I don't know how it is with the disc version of the game, but yeah it's annoying you have to go to between two version

Well, if you have the PS5 version you can also download the PS4 version for free, that is how it is with the digital version. I don't know how it is with the disc version of the game, but yeah it's annoying you have to go to between two version
I have the PS5 disc version not sure if I can down load the ps4 one for free? I doubt it very much

My way is as follows:
1. Do not connect any device to the PS4 USB port.
2. After opening the game, connect the T500RS and confirm that the steering wheel has an automatic positive action.
Haven't used my T500RS since GT6 on PS3 (confirmed it still works in that setup) but just tried to get it to work with PS4 Pro / GT7 and this procedure of plugging it in after GT7 loads doesn't seem to work for me. I upgraded firmware of wheel to V47 (latest) and tried again without success. It will "calibrate" when I plug it into usb port after GT7 loaded, but none of the buttons work in GT7 screens and wheel doesn't work on track... ps4 controller works, but it's as if wheel isn't even plugged in. I'm using the Ferrari wheel add-on, could that be an issue?

Also, at a track if I click "Options -> Controller Settings -> Button Assign" it shows the T500RS so it knows it's connected. If I do the same thing without the wheel connected, it shows a controller on that button assignment screen. Just that the T500RS buttons or wheel aren't actually doing anything and controller is active.

Last edited:
Haven't used my T500RS since GT6 on PS3 (confirmed it still works in that setup) but just tried to get it to work with PS4 Pro / GT7 and this procedure of plugging it in after GT7 loads doesn't seem to work for me. I upgraded firmware of wheel to V47 (latest) and tried again without success. It will "calibrate" when I plug it into usb port after GT7 loaded, but none of the buttons work in GT7 screens and wheel doesn't work on track... ps4 controller works, but it's as if wheel isn't even plugged in. I'm using the Ferrari wheel add-on, could that be an issue?

Also, at a track if I click "Options -> Controller Settings -> Button Assign" it shows the T500RS so it knows it's connected. If I do the same thing without the wheel connected, it shows a controller on that button assignment screen. Just that the T500RS buttons or wheel aren't actually doing anything and controller is active.
Yep, the TS500 doesn't work with GT7 on the PS5. Or on the PS5 at all -- from what I'm gathering.

Some are able to get it to work using a DriveHub and a wired controller (that is approved by Sony). But some have reported FFB issues. I'm following this thread over here as well and some are saying that a new firmware update came out (for the DriveHub, I assume) that fixed a bunch of issues on some Fanatec wheels. Waiting for somebody to say whether or not it "fixed" the T500RS. If so, I'm gonna grab one.

Yep, the TS500 doesn't work with GT7 on the PS5. Or on the PS5 at all -- from what I'm gathering.

Some are able to get it to work using a DriveHub and a wired controller (that is approved by Sony). But some have reported FFB issues. I'm following this thread over here as well and some are saying that a new firmware update came out (for the DriveHub, I assume) that fixed a bunch of issues on some Fanatec wheels. Waiting for somebody to say whether or not it "fixed" the T500RS. If so, I'm gonna grab one.
Yah, I understand PS5 is a no go right now, but I'm just trying to get it to work on PS4 Pro which others seem to have done.

If your shifter is connected as well, supposedly that cause issues even on the PS4.
I don't have a shifter, but I do have a Ferrari F1 wheel add on... wondering if somehow that's the issue. I guess I could put back the original wheel and see what happens, but if someone else has gotten it to work with the F1 wheel I prefer driving with that.

That's real strange as the T500RS is supported on the PS4, also in GT7. It shows up in the configuration screen for the controllers as well. I also have the Ferrari wheel and I did get it working on the PS5 with the drivehub and Hori PS4 wired controller. It has some issues once in a while but I can live with that for now. But from what I've read and seen, it should work on the PS4.

Update: I put the original GT rim back on the T500RS (removed the Ferrari F1 rim) and it worked immediately in GT7 on PS4 Pro. Not sure why the F1 rim didn't work... worked fine in PS3, but input controls are completely ignored if that rim is on.

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

I have Gran Tourismo 7 working now on the PS5 with the PS5 version!

But needed to buy:

Without the Hori gamepad (with the PS5 controller), it did not work!
With the gamepad Gran Tourismo works flawlessy, game detects a supported T300

I have Gran Tourismo 7 working now on the PS5 with the PS5 version!

But needed to buy:

Don't you have any issues? because I have the same configuration and I regularly have strange things like FFB getting very weak in a session, next ok. Or brake not working for a session. I was so fed up, I'm selling mine and ordered a Fanatec

At the end, you say it detects a supported 300. To be clear, do you mean that it recognizes a 500 as if it was a 300?

And how is the force feedback? Some people have said it’s much lower overall and/or doesn’t work on curbs and stuff. I’m curious if that was fixed.

Thanks!

This is insane. How is it possible that this is the third wheel I have to put in a box (original GT, a G27 and now my T500rs with the Ferrari F1 wheel, which I love) because I can't use them in the next PlayStation generation?

I have heard some comments about being able to use a DS4 controller instead of Hori Mini.
Someone mentioned that if you are able to disable bluetooth in DS4 it should work.
I do not have Drive Hub yet, but I have tested the hability to disable Bluetooth on DS4 controllers on PS5.

I have two DS4 controllers:

CUH-ZCT1U controller - colored LED not visible from within the touch pad
CUH-ZCT2U controller - colored LED visible from within the touch pad

There is an explicit message in PS5 Acessories menu stating that CUH-ZCT1U controllers WILL KEEP BLUETOOTH ON even if you disable via menu. I can confirm this really happens. Disabling bluetooth does not modify the controller status icon into a USB logo icon and it powers itself off.

With CUH-ZCT2U controller, bluetooth is properly disabled and controler status icon adds a USB logo overlay (also the controller still works until I unplug the cable.

This makes me believe that the ZCT2U controller should work with DriveHub and I do not need to buy the Hori Mini. I will just sell my PS4 PRO with one less controller and save money.

Just to confirm with both of you -- you got a Thrustmaster T500RS working on Gran Turismo 7 on a Playstation 5 using a Drive Hub?

@fishfash -- with "sequential mode", do you need to use the clutch? @reiji said his clutch isn't working. I lost my "sequential cap" (unless it's in my box in storage), so I can only use the H-pattern shift mode.

All this being said, I don't use the shifter much... and if the two of you can confirm that the wheel and pedals work with GT7 on a PS5 using a Drive Hub and a Hori mini pad, I'll order one now.

Last question(s) -- I assume the force feedback still feels the same? And if you want to do button swaps to it, what do I select in the Gran Turismo options/controller settings?
I am playing gt7 on ps5, ps5 version, drivehub + hori Mini, firmware 2.0.8 beta 9, t500rs + th8A, it works, but at the moment if i pause the game and resume racing, i loose FFB, comunicated the issue to collective minds and sayd they will work on it.

Back