Gran Turismo 7 PS5 and T500RS will it work?

• Thread starter Hoolz14
  • 166 comments
Hoolz14
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Can I ask a related question? I have a T500RS wheel with the original pedal set & a Th8A shifter. It does not work with AC Competizione. Is it possible to buy the Thrustmaster T-GT II wheel base & use the original T500 wheel, pedals & Th8A shifter on it? If so, would GT7 also work with that set-up?

For those who have a T500RS and have yet to get a DriveHub... I ordered a PS4 copy for my PS5 (even though I already have a PS5 copy). Popped the disc in, it copied all of the data over. When I was able to get into the game, my progress was from my PS5 copy was already there and the wheel worked with no issues. Force feedback was SUPER strong and flawless. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE from the Logitech G923 I got while waiting for them to iron out the bugs. Finally sent the G923 back. The 923 is a kids toy -- just a bunch of rattling and noise, no notable feedback and nothing natural about it. The only thing it really does is want to "come back to center" a bit like a real wheel would -- but even then, it wasn't very realistic.

Playing the PS4 version will buy me some time for Drive Hub / PD to push out some additional updates to rectify the issues -- or for Sony / PD to finally support the 500 on the PS5 so I can play my PS5 copy again and sell my PS4 copy.

Hi, hiw do you make the drivehub work?
I've tried to plug an xbox360 controller, a ps4 controller (must try with full battery) and a madcatz TE2.

The wheel calibrate when i plug the drivehub on my ps5, i can feel à strong ffb but nothing work

I am playing gt7 on ps5, ps5 version, drivehub + hori Mini, firmware 2.0.8 beta 9, t500rs + th8A, it works, but at the moment if i pause the game and resume racing, i loose FFB, comunicated the issue to collective minds and sayd they will work on it.
Thanks! Does the feedback on the curbs work?

Also, can you ping me / the group if you hear anything else / if they get it working? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
@Hoolz14 would you mind please updating the OP with the information gained via so many people's research?

Fellow T500RS owner, and it is disappointing that it isn't supported, natively, on the PS5 version in a PS5, when it works perfectly well on a PS5 and the game, just not the PS5 version. Having said that it is a 12 years old peripheral that was released for GT5 originally, GT6 was on the same system (PS3) then GT Sport released in 2017, so that was officially supported up to 7 years(?). If there is an update for it to work for the PS5 that would be the last system I'd expect any work for it on.

Sounds like I'll be buying a "Collective Minds - Drive Hub Wheel Adapter", then using my PS4 controller if and when I get GT7 on a PS5.

So... Tested it.. Ps5, gt7, t500, hola controller and drivehub. It works. You should use the hola controller because it doesn't disconnect after 10 minutes. According to other people, it also works with a ds4 controller if you switch off the Bluetooth of the controller in the settings and set it to wired. I also tested Ds4 and had a disconnect after 10 minutes without the settings above. Ps5 Controller dont work. Sorry for Bad english
It really works
Hi
what kind of drivehub you have?

I ordered the Fanatec DD pro instead of finding the work around, I hope its worth it lol
I got the DD Pro a week ago. Massively enjoying it and have gone down the rabbit hole now - ordering more rims (Formula, GT3, and classic styles) and the handbrake. The load cell pedal, if you got that, is great. Changing to Fanatec's recommended settings both on the unit and in game improved it over the out of box level for GT7 (which was already better than Logitech/Thrustmaster).

Thanks! Does the feedback on the curbs work?

Also, can you ping me / the group if you hear anything else / if they get it working? Thanks a bunch!
I have ffb and it works ok curving, until i pause, you can reconnect everything but it gets old very fast. I am checking daily for next drivehub firmware, but nothing new yet.

I have ffb and it works ok curving, until i pause, you can reconnect everything but it gets old very fast. I am checking daily for next drivehub firmware, but nothing new yet.
To be clear… it works fine on the kerbs/ curbs … or in the curves (turning)? Or both?

Some people had said when you drove on the kerbs / curbs, there was no feedback.

Thanks!

I got the DD Pro a week ago. Massively enjoying it and have gone down the rabbit hole now - ordering more rims (Formula, GT3, and classic styles) and the handbrake. The load cell pedal, if you got that, is great. Changing to Fanatec's recommended settings both on the unit and in game improved it over the out of box level for GT7 (which was already better than Logitech/Thrustmaster).
I just have the basic bundle (being a pensioner lol) Agree though totally beats the T500 cannot believe how much more feeling I get from the car :)

Hey i know how to use t500 rs at ps4 now,
Use ps4 DUALSHOCK and enter gt 7 game,than press the ps button at t500 rs,
Now you can use t500 rs to play,Note that the lower left light is red
Do you have the F1 wheel add-on for the T500? The above works for the GT Rim / PS4 Pro, but I haven't gotten it to work when F1 rim attached.

Feedback on T500RS with PS4 seems decent (as compared to how it felt with GT6). There is some annoying feedback on some tracks where the wheel jumps wildly on a straight [only with certain cars] as if you were going over rumble strips at 150mph when the road is smooth. E.g. formula car on La Sarthe straights. Maybe some car tune would eliminate it, but makes me want to just avoid those track/car combos. Very annoying. I haven't used a DD pro so I don't know what I'm missing... which might be a good thing considering I don't feel like shelling out the $.

@Hoolz14 would you mind please updating the OP with the information gained via so many people's research?

Fellow T500RS owner, and it is disappointing that it isn't supported, natively, on the PS5 version in a PS5, when it works perfectly well on a PS5 and the game, just not the PS5 version. Having said that it is a 12 years old peripheral that was released for GT5 originally, GT6 was on the same system (PS3) then GT Sport released in 2017, so that was officially supported up to 7 years(?). If there is an update for it to work for the PS5 that would be the last system I'd expect any work for it on.

Sounds like I'll be buying a "Collective Minds - Drive Hub Wheel Adapter", then using my PS4 controller if and when I get GT7 on a PS5.
Did you ever get the DriveHub? If so, any thoughts on it? Any issues? Or anybody else have the Thrustmaster 500 on a PS5 and is using the DriveHub for GT7? I'm ABOUT to pull the trigger on one so my daughter and I can play split-screen co-op on the PS5 (as opposed to using the PS4 copy of the game). She has a TM 300 (she just doesn't know it yet) and I'd use my 500.

Hey, i have the drive hub in combination with the t500 rs - it works BUT drives me NUTS. The Forcefeedback fades many times - while switching a car, while pressing start sometimes, switching to new races and so on, so i have to plug it in again and again and again. At some days (using it for about a month now) it works flawless, at other days, its horrible cause i had to plug it and out about 20-30 times just for a race. Dont imagine how "peeped" up it is if you just want to do settings at your car and the damn wheel stops forcefeedback (forcefeedback in corners and blocking tires "vibration). Im very stressed with this and thinking about a official licensed wheel cause i dont also know how good the drivehub is working. Using a t500rs with CM-hub will "emulate" a t300rs. I also tried the GT7 Ps4 version, where the force feedback is more stronger in standard settings for sure, but i feel it reacts in an other way, maybe cause gt7 ps5 gives better feedback to the wheel (?!?!), or new tech, i dunno. Ps5 GT7 is no alternative for me. Pluggin in the drive hub thousand times neither, it will break no question.
For real sim racing you need a bunch of money.... - oh for sure im using a 3rd party controller for the drivehub (tested 2 different nacon controller)
My next step while now is it, to test the beta driver of the drivehub to get it running....... -> NUTS
will update...

Last edited:
Hey, i have the drive hub in combination with the t500 rs - it works BUT drives me NUTS. The Forcefeedback fades many times - while switching a car, while pressing start sometimes, switching to new races and so on, so i have to plug it in again and again and again. At some days (using it for about a month now) it works flawless, at other days, its horrible cause i had to plug it and out about 20-30 times just for a race. Dont imagine how "peeped" up it is if you just want to do settings at your car and the damn wheel stops forcefeedback (forcefeedback in corners and blocking tires "vibration). Im very stressed with this and thinking about a official licensed wheel cause i dont also know how good the drivehub is working. Using a t500rs with CM-hub will "emulate" a t300rs. I also tried the GT7 Ps4 version, where the force feedback is more stronger in standard settings for sure, but i feel it reacts in an other way, maybe cause gt7 ps5 gives better feedback to the wheel (?!?!), or new tech, i dunno. Ps5 GT7 is no alternative for me. Pluggin in the drive hub thousand times neither, it will break no question.
For real sim racing you need a bunch of money.... - oh for sure im using a 3rd party controller for the drivehub (tested 2 different nacon controller)
My next step while now is it, to test the beta driver of the drivehub to get it running....... -> NUTS
will update...
I just got my DriveHub a bit ago. Will test it with my 500 later tonight. I’ll post my results.

will update...
Just got my Drive Hub today. Upgraded it to the latest firmware (2.07, IIRC -- not beta). Used it with GT7 on the PS5. Force feedback is present -- and my TH8A also works... but man, the FF is weaksauce compared to the PS4 version of the game. I tried 5 / 7 / 10 for the settings. On PS4, 10 was a workout. 7 was just right. I lowered it to 5 so my daughter could play. It felt like a dead fish on any of those settings with the Drive Hub. The good news is: I can now play the PS5 version with my 500 RS. The bad news is: it's more realistic on the PS4 version (no Drive Hub).

Hi mate , i have just bought drivehub and a hori mini ps4 controller, got them deliveredtoday and my t500rs now works in gt7 it shows up as a thrustmaster tgx wheel , works a treat
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy the PS4 and PS5 version of GT7 (AE25 version). im curious if i can play this on my PS5 and the PS5 version of the game with my T500RS wheel.

Since the T500RS is a bit older now, and came out with Gran Turismo 5, i'm kind of curious if the dev's already told something about wheel support.
I could not find another topic about this, so i made one.

Kind regards :)

Edit:

T500RS works on PS4 Version, but not on the PS5 version.

How is the FFB? Can you compare it to the PS4 version?
After a few days of contacting collective minds , I have finally got it all sorted.
Update your t500rs firmware to 47 and then the drive hub will be no different from using it from ps4 mode to ps5
I have the feedback set to 4 for the first 1 and 5 for the second option , currently doing the sport mode online and smashing my lap times with every race , managed to get my first win online 2 nights ago using it on ps4 gt7 , if you want I can upload a video showing it working on both versions of gt7 and both using the t500rs

After a few days of contacting collective minds , I have finally got it all sorted.
Update your t500rs firmware to 47 and then the drive hub will be no different from using it from ps4 mode to ps5
I have the feedback set to 4 for the first 1 and 5 for the second option , currently doing the sport mode online and smashing my lap times with every race , managed to get my first win online 2 nights ago using it on ps4 gt7 , if you want I can upload a video showing it working on both versions of gt7 and both using the t500rs
Yay! Great to know! Thank you so much.
My plan was to be able to use the future PSVR2 with the GT7 and the steering wheel of course, so now I think I will 😊

My plan was to be able to use the future PSVR2 with the GT7 and the steering wheel of course, so now I think I will 😊
That sound like a good idea , might get and try that myself.

No worries mate ,glad I could help you out as I was looking and getting a new wheel when there is nothing wrong with my t500rs and £ 110 is a small price to pay .

Just a quick update mate , the force feedback stopped tonight after doing the daily races on daytona with the gt3 class it was fine when driving the gt40 and then I went to drive the group1 cars on the full daytona track and there was no force feed back , how ever you can fix this by unplugging the wheel usb cable and then put it back in , wheel will do its normal start up thing and then the force feedback is back to normal , don't know if it's the same for single player , I will try it tomorrow and get back to you

Hi all.

I am just in disbelief after reading all the comments.
I am a GT player since day 1. Got a Thrustmaster T500RS with T8 shifter for more than 10 years. Been hesitating for a long time to buy GT7. Finally bought the PS5 version this weekend. Hooked up everything to my PS5, launched the game and man… WTF. Nothing works. Checked if drivers were up to date and than searched the net for solution. My disappointment was huge. 🥺 I sincerely hope that Thrustmaster will resolve this issue because I am not planning on spending even more money to buy the PS4 version. Greetings and sorry for the rant. 😬😅

Hi all.

I am a GT player since day 1. Got a Thrustmaster T500RS with T8 shifter for more than 10 years. Been hesitating for a long time to buy GT7. Finally bought the PS5 version this weekend. Hooked up everything to my PS5, launched the game and man… WTF. Nothing works. Checked if drivers were up to date and than searched the net for solution. My disappointment was huge. 🥺 I sincerely hope that Thrustmaster will resolve this issue because I am not planning on spending even more money to buy the PS4 version. Greetings and sorry for the rant. 😬😅
Same pain as you. The DriveHub is a hit-or-miss solution. Everything worked better in GT Sport.

Hi all.

Hi mate , I was in a similar situation myself.
Sadly if you want to use your t500rs on the ps5 and gt7 you will need to spend just under £100 to get it working .
You need an adaptor called drivehub and then a hori mini wired ps4 controller.

Hi all.

Bought the PS4 version… 🙈
And even refurbished my Thrustmaster…

Attachments

• 5329E63A-0BDA-4AC9-9F7B-7FF1B6A10DCF.jpeg
    5329E63A-0BDA-4AC9-9F7B-7FF1B6A10DCF.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 43EA1BC8-2C37-49E1-8250-798B585A2DF3.jpeg
    43EA1BC8-2C37-49E1-8250-798B585A2DF3.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 27
Just to confirm with both of you -- you got a Thrustmaster T500RS working on Gran Turismo 7 on a Playstation 5 using a Drive Hub?

@fishfash -- with "sequential mode", do you need to use the clutch? @reiji said his clutch isn't working. I lost my "sequential cap" (unless it's in my box in storage), so I can only use the H-pattern shift mode.

All this being said, I don't use the shifter much... and if the two of you can confirm that the wheel and pedals work with GT7 on a PS5 using a Drive Hub and a Hori mini pad, I'll order one now.

Last question(s) -- I assume the force feedback still feels the same? And if you want to do button swaps to it, what do I select in the Gran Turismo options/controller settings?
This is not working for me. As of Feb 2023 ,it seems this doesn't work. Any hope?

Not sure about this website, however that is the Drive Hub required for GT7/PS5/TS500.

Yes the TH8A works in Sequential Mode whilst connected to the accessory port in the Drive Hub.

I believe the T300 is a better choice. I have tested the TX wheel (similar to the T300) with the Drive Hub/PS5/GT7 and works well and the FF is decent. When I connect my T500 with the same setup the FF feels much stronger.

Yes, a Hori mini.

I don't use the clutch with sequential mode, I haven't tried the clutch yet.

The T500 wheel/pedal works with Drive Hub/GT7/PS5.

The FF feels good, better than my TX when hooked up with the same setup.

i haven't tried any button swaps.

The only issue I have experienced so far is the FF will randomly stop working. Sometimes after a few hours, other times after 5 minutes, it's very random.

Sometimes pausing the game and resuming the game kicks the FF back into play. Other times I would have to close the game and start again.

Also there is some type of grinding noise when taking corners sharply, I haven't used my wheel in years and perhaps the noise is related to oversteer/understeer.

However I did not notice the grinding noise in the PS4 version.
PS5/GT7/T500 no longer detected by PS5 with Drivehub/Hori. Has Sony blocked it?

Back