Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: But at least it puts to bed any doubt about it releasing this year.

I think it'd be very stupid to plan for a 2020 release, as I'd expect a lot more advertising and promotional material by now. I think now that we have this idea of the game coming out in the first half of 2021, we should see the advertising campaign ramp up this winter at the earliest.

I might actually get a PS5 just for GT7, and especially if they release some sort of special edition of the PS5 itself just for GT7, haha!

Last edited:
So chill as you don’t need to get a PS5 asap. (I’ll still get one early to play GTS in 4K on my new screen!) :)

It was a matter of time before "coming soon" got translated into early 2021, but it's very likely not going to happen. PD will probably realize they need more time (as always) and that there's no harm in aiming for the profitable holiday season instead.

2021’s a pretty stacked year for Sony. I feel like they might not be able to delay into the holiday season when they’ve got games like Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok to release

2021’s a pretty stacked year for Sony. I feel like they might not be able to delay into the holiday season when they’ve got games like Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok to release

Are you implying that Sony's action/adventure titles would steal thunder from Gran Turismo? I know I'm not going to buy any of their scheduled first-party except GT7, so catering to different tastes during the holiday season should be beneficial for them.

It was a matter of time before "coming soon" got translated into early 2021, but it's very likely not going to happen. PD will probably realize they need more time (as always) and that there's no harm in aiming for the profitable holiday season instead.

GTS will die a slow, ugly death if it gets pushed to holiday 2021. Hell, it's already dying a slow, ugly death but it will get much worse if that happens. GTS is pretty much in shambles right now with all the company's resources focused on GT7. This game can't limp along for another 12-14 months in the state it is right now.

What if this turned out to be really good photo editing lol. Well, it's something but I wish PD would make concrete statements about this stuff instead of having random media outlets do it for them.

Aww FFS. Was hoping it would be end of the year ish but that's probably me living on a optimism planet rather than realism planet. Oh well, no rush to get a PS5 anytime soon lol.

Last edited:
Buying a ps5 for faster IO, menus and better graphics and FPS

But I’m a professional and can afford

As a broke student I would probably give this a pass until enough games are out or prices come down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back