Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Review Embargo and Media Live Streaming Dates Revealed

GTPlanet and other members of the media woke up to review copies of Gran Turismo 7 in our Inboxes this morning. We can confirm the international review embargo lifts on March 2 at 11:01 AM GMT (convert this to your local time here). Our written and video reviews of the game will both be published at that time...

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Review Embargo and Media Live Streaming Dates Revealed

GTPlanet and other members of the media woke up to review copies of Gran Turismo 7 in our Inboxes this morning. We can confirm the international review embargo lifts on March 2 at 11:01 AM GMT (convert this to your local time here). Our written and video reviews of the game will both be published at that time...
@Jordan Does that mean you get to start playing the game now? :)

choo choo… all aboaaaaaard
9AD18FB6-F53B-4229-A1DB-90EA89334A29.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jordan Does that mean you get to start playing the game now? :)
Yep! :D
Appreciate the heads up, @Jordan and team. :gtpflag:

If I may ask though, is there any chance that the review will include the PS4 version for consideration? If the answer is part of the embargo then I wouldn't mind waiting. :cheers:
I haven’t checked yet but I assume the code will work on PS4 as well. I don’t think that sort of information is covered by the embargo so I’ll share once I hook up the older console.

Usually it isn't a good sign of the review embargo to come out only a day or 2 before release. Let's hope it doesn't mean anything

With traditional print pretty much dead, certainly as far as providing fresh, up to date content goes, press embargos only really need lifting close to release date. There's no need to account for monthly/weekly print deadlines and distribution time.

It's safe to say that after seven full Gran Turismo titles no one is expecting a revolution from GT7. PD know what they're doing well enough now. It's highly unlikely to be a bad game and we know enough about it's content for it to not disappoint anyone at this point.

Seems like lifting the embargo that late just before release just totally waters down any official reviews, because a day or two later theirs going to hundreds of YouTube videos covering this game.
Usually it isn't a good sign of the review embargo to come out only a day or 2 before release. Let's hope it doesn't mean anything
It's entirely normal. I've had games where the embargo was the launch day, after the digital download, after the stores have shipped physical copies, and - maddest of all - after the early access.

The last of those means that anyone who didn't agree to the embargo and take a review copy could have just bought the special edition whatever and reviewed/livestreamed that, three days before anyone outlets that did...

Seems like lifting the embargo that late just before release just totally waters down any official reviews, because a day or two later theirs going to hundreds of YouTube videos covering this game.
Considering the staff have copies of the game right now, that gives them a solid 10 days to evaluate the game. Considering the hype around GT7, I'm sure multiple staff members will be crawling all over it. This should give them time to get a good sense of game flow & have time to film a video review for release. No need to panic.
We will finally know 3 things:
  1. How many cars there are in the game
And likely some small updates to the car & track list.

Back