Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

Nope PD has nothing to worry we all know Gt sells more than Forza.

Most likely GT7 will be coming 2021 in my opinion. Launch titles mean GT7 will be rushed.

I'm hoping they won't rush it and I'm hoping they've been working on it in secret for some time. I'm really banking on it coming this holiday season but a 2021 launch means a more polished and better game so I don't know if I want to wait that long though we'll see when the PS5 comes

Hey my friend I don't enjoy GTS that much now because the GT League is bland and I don't like Sport Mode Daily races, because of bumper car racing.

We need is a new game from PD to enjoy and the GT League in GTS is so bland, and I hope GT7 will be a launch title with the PS5 release. Both GT Sport & GT7 can work alongside each other because GT7 will have a much better Career Mode to enjoy and GTS players can play online bumper cars.

Yeah I can see your view for sure. GT league is lifeless, and with no actual penalty system in place right now I can see why you'd be aprehensive to play sport mode.

For me, i'm working on my speed, skills and consistency to be a faster racer. Have you considered joining a league with clean players?

They are they only diesel road cars in the game. Kind of surprising those are in, but doubt we'll see a Ford Mondeo diesel or Focus diesel or any other diesel road cars.
Really? I didn't know that. The 120d is the only one I could remember.

Yeah I can see your view for sure. GT league is lifeless, and with no actual penalty system in place right now I can see why you'd be aprehensive to play sport mode.

For me, i'm working on my speed, skills and consistency to be a faster racer. Have you considered joining a league with clean players?
Joining a league maybe one day my friend but I like mainly Time Trials, and my skill level has drop a bit.

I'm not a gamer, I'm a gearhead! I bought a G27 and custom built my own wheel stand/sim chassis (whatever you want to call it) during the GT5 era and I raced and drifted through GT6 as well. I influenced friends of mine to do the same after letting them have a damn good time in my setup.

I bought a playstation 4 and a new wheel for Gtsport and I have come to the conclusion that I've payed hard earned money to be a beta tester for a future project of a giant corporation known as Sony/Polyphony Digital Inc.

With the continual 1 step forward 5 steps backwards that is Gtsport and Sportmode to be exact, I really do not see myself buying another console from Sony or another "game" from Polyphony Digital Inc if they can't get things right with the current setup.

The current physics don't even feel as good as gt5 or gt6 in my honest opinion and there is no excuse for that.

Edit
I never gave up on GT5 or GT6 for 3 and 4 months at a time due to it being broken like I have in Gtsport.

I guess GT7 will come out in Dec.2020 BUT it will be updated every Months or so to get more Cars, New tracks...

That means that the Game will not be 100% ready but maybe 70%...

Joining a league maybe one day my friend but I like mainly Time Trials, and my skill level has drop a bit.

I have a friend in the same, but different, situation. He was very fast on the pad in GT5 and 6. He's played Sport for 2 years now but has lost his speed and mainly does free run lobbies to cruise.

When we do race he is a poor shadow of his former self. Can't hit apexes, makes many disastrous errors that cause him to spin. He is even miles off on the Hamilton DLC. Couple this with no motivation to get fast again, you can see I have issues trying to get him up to speed.

So motivation is crucial to enjoy and be fast at Sport. I guess I have it. And I guess my friend just doesn't.

Keep practicing and find some fun racing though i'd say. Will definitely keep you playing and coming back for more.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but... Rumors have surfaced that the PS5 will be backwards compatible with all previous versions of the PlayStation. I still have my GT1-GT4 CDs tucked away in my garage, hopefully you don't have to re-purchase them as a downloaded game.

Rumors have surfaced that the PS5 will be backwards compatible with all previous versions of the PlayStation.
It seems unlikely. PS3 alone will be a nightmare, because games were written to run different processes through different cores of the Cell processor.
I still have my GT1-GT4 CDs tucked away in my garage, hopefully you don't have to re-purchase them as a downloaded game.
A reissue of older GT games also seems unlikely. The chances of Polyphony Digital having any time whatsoever to manage this while working on GT Sport and all the other rumours of GT Sport PS5/GT Sport 2/GT7/whatever people are guessing at are... slim. There's also the question of licensing - licences for brands and cars featured in old games will have long since expired and some may have even passed to new owners. We can't get Lotus in GTS yet because of a licensing contract dispute, how do you think a GT2 reissue with the brand - or Vector, or TVR - will manage it?

It seems unlikely. PS3 alone will be a nightmare, because games were written to run different processes through different cores of the Cell processor.

A reissue of older GT games also seems unlikely. The chances of Polyphony Digital having any time whatsoever to manage this while working on GT Sport and all the other rumours of GT Sport PS5/GT Sport 2/GT7/whatever people are guessing at are... slim. There's also the question of licensing - licences for brands and cars featured in old games will have long since expired and some may have even passed to new owners. We can't get Lotus in GTS yet because of a licensing contract dispute, how do you think a GT2 reissue with the brand - or Vector, or TVR - will manage it?
They can be negotiated, companies don't usually just cease to exist entirely but have their rights change hands. TVR in particular is clearly open for licencing as the rightholders have allowed its appearance in FM7, FH4, and The Crew 2.

The real problem is the effort versus return. The licences, however difficult, almost always can be acquired, but to do it only for the purpose of reissuing a 20 year old game probably does not look good on Sony's accounts. These companies can be greedy in their demands for what basically amounts to free advertising, and I'm fairly sure it's one of the most expensive parts of producing a licenced racing game. As much as I love GT2, I'm almost certain it won't make enough being re-sold 20 years later to recoup the costs spend on licences.

I have a friend in the same, but different, situation. He was very fast on the pad in GT5 and 6. He's played Sport for 2 years now but has lost his speed and mainly does free run lobbies to cruise.

When we do race he is a poor shadow of his former self. Can't hit apexes, makes many disastrous errors that cause him to spin. He is even miles off on the Hamilton DLC. Couple this with no motivation to get fast again, you can see I have issues trying to get him up to speed.

So motivation is crucial to enjoy and be fast at Sport. I guess I have it. And I guess my friend just doesn't.

Keep practicing and find some fun racing though i'd say. Will definitely keep you playing and coming back for more.
I just need learn to not make to many mistakes out on the track, and what you said is keep practising is the key 👍. At the moment I am just mainly doing the Hamilton DLC to tidy up the mistakes, and they may help me with practise.

Hey @GTV0819 I don't think it won't disappoint if we have to pay for DLCs, because that way we may be getting a better game from PD than just having free stuff.

Hey @GTV0819 I don't think it won't disappoint if we have to pay for DLCs, because that way we may be getting a better game from PD than just having free stuff.
I meant the game won't disappoint us as a whole, not when it comes to how it will offer these DLCs. There's nothing we can do if they have to be paid first in order to attain them in the game. :lol:

This rumor of a "Launch Title" keeps popping up, I still feel it's untrue.

One of the latest states it is being developed by a large team bigger than any in SCE games, that it will be supported for 10 years with a 2 year development?

Don't you want a new game from PD to enjoy later this year ?. GT Sport & GT7 on PS5 is better than 1 game that in going to be backwards compatible and that is GT Sport.

I dont think its possible for them to get a complete title out by PS5 launch window. That's it.

Be realistic about what's deliverable. I would expect something like GT Sport PS5 edition that is backwards compatible with the ps4 version.

I also dont think they would do exclusive ps5 content that seperates the install base and given that GT Sport is still a developing title.

One of the latest states it is being developed by a large team bigger than any in SCE games, that it will be supported for 10 years with a 2 year development?

That rumor is fake. It also said GT7 was in development since 2014... a time when GTSport just started development after GT6 released in 2013. :lol: Polyphony only has 170 people working there, they aren't the largest dev company within Sony. Naughty Dog has close to 500 employees.

For shure Gt sport it´s the base for GT7, all the work they puted in Gt sport was meant to develop GT7 in a parallel so probably GT7 started along with GT sport, they released GT sport to be a kind of beta test to online structure and all the other bug/penalty/physics tests.

The diference is that they will upscale resolution and textures, and will implement Ray tracing also, i really don´t think GT sport was the only "game" PD worked for all this years for shure they just skiped ps4 and released gt sport for the purpose of testing and fine tune the real game.
Just make no sense that PD worked in a new engine and throw it away and started GT7 last year in a new engine, i believe they are working in GT7 since the launch of ps4.

Last edited:
That rumor is fake. It also said GT7 was in development since 2014... a time when GTSport just started development after GT6 released in 2013. :lol: Polyphony only has 170 people working there, they aren't the largest dev company within Sony. Naughty Dog has close to 500 employees.
Unless they initially callled the game GT7 first before they decided to call it GT Sport in the last minute.

I dont think its possible for them to get a complete title out by PS5 launch window. That's it.

Be realistic about what's deliverable. I would expect something like GT Sport PS5 edition that is backwards compatible with the ps4 version.

I also dont think they would do exclusive ps5 content that seperates the install base and given that GT Sport is still a developing title.

It's hard to guess what is going on at PD. GTS was released kinda late in the PS4 life cycle, PS4 was introduced in 2013 if I am correct? When GTS was released it was only a partial game for sure, almost like a prologue title. I cant help but think that since GTS was so limited in features early that Sony/PD were putting in a full effort to making GT a launch title with PS5 and were not planning on a PS4 GT. Maybe Sport was just to pacify long time fans and give them something for PS4. PD is so notoriously late with everything it seems nearly impossible to guess what is going on.

Unless they initially callled the game GT7 first before they decided to call it GT Sport in the last minute.

PD considers GTSport to be GT7 internally (Kaz even said publicly maybe he should have named it GT7 Sport), but that just means the next GT they're making will be GT8 to them. He just wanted to clarify GTSport is a full GT game and not some spinoff or prologue. Kaz pretty much confirmed the next GT is a separate game, and has even referred to GT7 as a separate title with a design philosophy that isn't tied to GTSport's limitations (no modification upgrades, no customization parts, etc.) Economically and business-wise it doesn't make sense to continue developing GTSport and evolve it into GT7 with free upgrades, they need a new product to sell and keep the company afloat.

"GT 6" has many customized items, is there any plan to add the same elements in the future "GT SPORT"?

Mr. Yamauchi: The customization factor of "GT SPORT" is different from the numbered game "GT 6", or "GT 7" which may come in the future. I think the customization factor will probably be the next game that will be all of what you want.

Last edited:

I don't know, I think the PS5 will be the first generation of console powerful enough to run PS3 emulation software. So they'd not really have to worry too much, the work would probably similar to that of MS's backwards compatibility efforts with the Xbone.

PD considers GTSport to be GT7 internally (Kaz even said publicly maybe he should have named it GT7 Sport), but that just means the next GT they're making will be GT8 to them. He just wanted to clarify GTSport is a full GT game and not some spinoff or prologue. Kaz pretty much confirmed the next GT is a separate game, and has even referred to GT7 as a separate title with a design philosophy that isn't tied to GTSport's limitations (no modification upgrades, no customization parts, etc.) Economically and business-wise it doesn't make sense to continue developing GTSport and evolve it into GT7 with free upgrades, they need a new product to sell and keep the company afloat.

"GT 6" has many customized items, is there any plan to add the same elements in the future "GT SPORT"?

Mr. Yamauchi: The customization factor of "GT SPORT" is different from the numbered game "GT 6", or "GT 7" which may come in the future. I think the customization factor will probably be the next game that will be all of what you want.
So that explains it.

Back