Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

I had first version o that fat ps3 :D, was a huge step along with full hd suport but so expensive to get...

The only way full BC happens it´s via emulation theres no other way, forget about cell chip´s and stuff like that, people mentioned is just to expensive and not viable, most people that use BC has argument only whant that feature cause of the nostalgic feeling not to actually invest time and money on real gaming, i have friends that buy stuff and old games and they call themselfs gamers but they only play 5 minutes or so and most of them use pirate emulators cause they are free to get, companies know that and know the only way to implement BC must be in a cheap way.
Most people just buy a couple o physic version of old games to put in a room or man cave.
it just not worth the investment, it´s more profitable to make remasters and remakes.

Last edited:
I had first version o that fat ps3 :D, was a huge step along with full hd suport but so expensive to get...

The only way full BC happens it´s via emulation theres no other way, forget about cell chip´s and stuff like that, people mentioned is just to expensive and not viable, most people that use BC has argument only whant that feature cause of the nostalgic feeling not to actually invest time and money on real gaming, i have friends that buy stuff and old games and they call themselfs gamers but they only play 5 minutes or so and most of them use pirate emulators cause they are free to get, companies know that and know the only way to implement BC must be in a cheap way.
Most people just buy a couple o physic version of old games to put in a room or man cave.
it just not worth the investment, it´s more profitable to make remasters and remakes.
It's not about how profitable BC is. What MATTERS is that you DON'T leave an open goal when you don't have to. BC was the one area that Microsoft could get ahead of Sony.

You can try and ensure someone buys your next console by making sure they can bring the games they bought forward. It is one of the reasons we use to justify the purchase of a new system...

My OG PAL 60gb PS3 is still going, replacing the thermal paste didn't make the old turbine any quieter though!

At this point it's an almost exclusive GT2 and 6 machine.

It's not about how profitable BC is. What MATTERS is that you DON'T leave an open goal when you don't have to. BC was the one area that Microsoft could get ahead of Sony.

You can try and ensure someone buys your next console by making sure they can bring the games they bought forward. It is one of the reasons we use to justify the purchase of a new system...
The reasons for BC have changed. Back in the day it was a novelty for for those who kept their disc based games. Many sold their entire collection to fund a next-gen console.

These days it’s different. We have huge digital collections from purchases and PS+. The PSN store is a huge revenue generator and will continue to bring in revenue as PS4 (and PS5) titles are sold to PS5 owners. We should expect many major PS4 titles to receive an update patch for PS5. Enticing those who don’t already own said game.

I do think we’ll also get PS1 & PS2 BC. This is more of a novelty but still worthwhile. If Sony can sort PS3 BC they probably will. But we also need to remember many of the major PS3 titles have already been remastered for PS4.

Rumors say 1st Gran Turismo plays in ps5 dev kit with 120fps.
I believe every PS generation's games will play in PS5 by downloading the game from PS store. Maybe not from the beginning for all the generations.

As for GT7, i believe this :

Proper Gran turismo game is in progress since the first days of ps4. I remember reading about GT6 (which was almost a gt5.5) launched in ps3 because a ''revolutionary'' gran turismo will come out much later. It was something like a game to keep GT fans in hype until a really next gen title arrives.
I think Sony was asking from PD for a proper title for the ps4 but instead they decided to release GT sport.

I strongly believe that GT7 is in development since GTsport's first codes.
GT7 will be a launch title on ps5 with GT sport as a part of it with full vr support.
I think we might get an announcement of the GT7 in February if this is true.

ps4 GTsport players will race against ps5 GT7 players through sport mode.

This is my theory.

It will be an other free update for GT sport.
You can't make a superior physics engine for GT7/PS5 that can't run on PS4 and let two people to compete against each other on two different physics engines because it won't be fair. The PS5 CPU is significantly more powerful and they are likely to take advantage of it to improve the physics significantly. The other option is not to change the physics engine for GT7(keep it identical as in GTS) which will allow PS4/GTS players to race against PS5/GT7 players, but this in my opinion will be a very bad decision.

You can't make a superior physics engine for GT7/PS5 that can't run on PS4 and let two people to compete against each other on two different physics engines because it won't be fair. The PS5 CPU is significantly more powerful and they are likely to take advantage of it to improve the physics significantly. The other option is not to change the physics engine for GT7(keep it identical as in GTS) which will allow PS4/GTS players to race against PS5/GT7 players, but this in my opinion will be a very bad decision.

Well, i think we are going to find out soon

He's probably talking about original media. There are only three examples that can do that (playing 2 generations old discs/cartridges). Thats the Gameboy Advance (SP), playing GBA, GBC and GB cartridges, The 60GB PS3, playing PS2 and PS1 discs and the XBOX One (S/X), playing 360 and XBOX discs.

I think all PS3 models can play PS1 discs?

Rumors say 1st Gran Turismo plays in ps5 dev kit with 120fps.
I believe every PS generation's games will play in PS5 by downloading the game from PS store. Maybe not from the beginning for all the generations.
That is if they're offered in the PS Store.

ps4 GTsport players will race against ps5 GT7 players through sport mode.

This is my theory.
Sony has hinted that letting players to play PS4 games on the new console, the PS5 backwards compatibility feature will allow cross-generatio play online. This means that PS4 and PS5 players will be able to play against each other online in supported games.

Sony has hinted that letting players to play PS4 games on the new console, the PS5 backwards compatibility feature will allow cross-generatio play online. This means that PS4 and PS5 players will be able to play against each other online in supported games.
Although it does mean that the PS5 can play PS4 games on the console nowhere has it actually been stated or even suggested to my knowledge that the online compatibility between a PS4 game and PS5 game version would be able to actually play against each other in the same arena.

If the newer games version had updates that could not be integrated and also played on the older console then I do not see how the newer version could retain its advances but yet still play on an equal playing field with the older version.
I do not see them dumbing down the newest edition to include the online play from a past version. That defeats the reasoning for players to upgrade to the newer game and console.

I found this out late on as well, I tried my original ps1 gt disc and it worked fine, there was even some graphic smoothing options i seem to remember..
If only original PS1 discs aren't rare finding nowadays, it could be worth trying.

I dont think the ps5 will be fully compatible with all previous ps consoles.

They couldn't manage that with the ps4
Hope I am wrong playing all those original gran turismo games upscaled.
Gt3 was my favourite.

I dont think the ps5 will be fully compatible with all previous ps consoles.

They couldn't manage that with the ps4
Hope I am wrong playing all those original gran turismo games upscaled.
Gt3 was my favourite.
PS5 can only play PS4 games at this stage.

GT Sport is GT7 Prologue and everything they're adding to the game is content for GT7. PS4 and PS5 have the same system architecture which means that all the assets they create on PS4 can be moved over to PS5 without much in the way of compatibility. Improved graphics aren't much more of a thing anymore on new console generations, seeing how GT Sport on PS4 looks already. It's all about clock speed and reducing loadtimes.

Just my amateurish two cents.

GT Sport is GT7 Prologue and everything they're adding to the game is content for GT7. PS4 and PS5 have the same system architecture which means that all the assets they create on PS4 can be moved over to PS5 without much in the way of compatibility. Improved graphics aren't much more of a thing anymore on new console generations, seeing how GT Sport on PS4 looks already. It's all about clock speed and reducing loadtimes.

I think a lot of people already new that GT Sport is GT7 Prologue.

I'm having serious doubts GT7 will be a launch title. Polyphony have been kinda slow with the rollouts of new GT games ever since PS2. I could believe GT7 Prologue being a thing within the first year of PS5 on the market, however, since PD are probably (hopefully?) going to just reuse assets from Sport (at least for the cars)

I'm having serious doubts GT7 will be a launch title. Polyphony have been kinda slow with the rollouts of new GT games ever since PS2. I could believe GT7 Prologue being a thing within the first year of PS5 on the market, however, since PD are probably (hopefully?) going to just reuse assets from Sport (at least for the cars)

I kinda hope so, because I really don't want to pay release price for PS5. GT7 will be the only reason I buy PS5, so hoping it takes a little longer so the price can go down.

I am reading more and more in the past few weeks that the GT7 will be a launch title for the PS5.
Thats why i'm pretty sure they will release it with PS5.

I agree, there's a reason PD has been pumping out substantial additional content for GT Sport for over the last 2 years, and more is likely yet to come in 2020. If the additional content being generated for GT Sport were not being used for GT7, it would be a pretty big waste of resources and time for a game that has come out 2 years ago and doesn't generate much in sales (the game can be bought for $20 at his point...). Game's that are supported (with substantial updates) this far into their life cycles are extremely rare, and IMO is a clear indicator that GT Sport content is being ported onto GT7.

I also agree that GT Sport was essentially a prologue of sorts for the PS4, seeing as PD poorly timed the release of GT6 for PS3 with the release of the PS4. Making GT7 for PS4 would have been impossible with how slow (and diligent some might say...) PD is in making GT games, so GT Sport is what we got, which was incredibly bare bones when it first came out. PD obviously won't be making the same mistake twice, and IMO will be ready for the release of the PS5 (or soon thereafter).

I kinda hope so, because I really don't want to pay release price for PS5. GT7 will be the only reason I buy PS5, so hoping it takes a little longer so the price can go down.
Hopefully, there will be other games that will be as good or even better than GT7 when you consider buying a PS5.

Hopefully, there will be other games that will be as good or even better than GT7 when you consider buying a PS5.
To me even if there are better games than GT7 I will definitely buy GT7 and no other games, because I am a loyal fan of PD.

Back