Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

So there's sort of an announcement already as to when it might be released?
I have not heard of any announcement yet but going by GT Sport next update, I do really think there is a new racing game from PD as a launch title for the PS5.

So there's sort of an announcement already as to when it might be released?
Kaz has stated updates will now be smaller and less frequent. The next Gran Truismo has already been in development for over 2 years. With much of the content able to cross-over. So we’ll be looking at 3 years of development by the time PS5 releases.

The "improvement"will be worth nothing if standard cars are coming back in the next GT title.
Why would you think standard cars are coming back? Current GT Sport models would be the minimum. In-game will likely be higher LOD photomode models.

If the next Gran Turismo were to release this year for PS5, it will have to be revealed at E3 this June. If not, don’t count on it being released in 2020.

It’s a racing game, and racing games don’t sell consoles as good as other types of games.

I'm sorry what? Racing games have always been great ways to sell a new console, because not only they are great graphical showcases, fast cars also mirror the increase in performance of a console. Have you seen the reveals for Forza Motorsport 5 and Driveclub? How they talk about how FAST and POWERFUL and BEAUTIFUL and SLEEK the new cars are (JUST LOOK AT THIS LEATHER INTERIOR FOR GOD'S SAKE!), going so far as to bring an actual car on stage? It's same thing they're trying do when selling a new console, but instead of talking about horsepower, they're talking about teraflops or whatever.

Kaz has stated updates will now be smaller and less frequent. The next Gran Truismo has already been in development for over 2 years. With much of the content able to cross-over. So we’ll be looking at 3 years of development by the time PS5 releases.
Oh I see.

Why would you think standard cars are coming back? Current GT Sport models would be the minimum. In-game will likely be higher LOD photomode models.
Because it was said before that the new game will be combination of the past, present and future so who knows. :lol:

True, but PD needs to drop the N and the Gr.X class for the next game, and give us a very good Career Mode.
Maybe the Performance Points system should return for those classes and B.O. P. should only be applied to Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.1, etc. Further separation of the classes like the Group C, GTE, and 2008 SGT cars being on their own would be nice but keeping up with B O.P. adjustments for every single little class like that isn't something I think PD is going to want to do.

It does make sense to have it launch with the PS5. The contract with the FIA was for 5 years minimum, right? I assume Sony has major interest in keep pushing GT as one of their Esports titles, especially since each live event seems to draw in more viewers than the one before.

I can’t imagine Sony having a world tour played on a PS4 or GT Sport backwards compatible when the PS5 is out. I mean GT is basically their premiere first party Esports title at this point. They need to have that ready for launch.

It does make sense to have it launch with the PS5. The contract with the FIA was for 5 years minimum, right? I assume Sony has major interest in keep pushing GT as one of their Esports titles, especially since each live event seems to draw in more viewers than the one before.

I can’t imagine Sony having a world tour played on a PS4 or GT Sport backwards compatible when the PS5 is out. I mean GT is basically their premiere first party Esports title at this point. They need to have that ready for launch.

This is the most reasonable reply I have heard as to why GT should be a PS5 launch title.

If the next Gran Turismo were to release this year for PS5, it will have to be revealed at E3 this June. If not, don’t count on it being released in 2020.

Why must the next GT be revealed at E3 in June if it is going to be a PS5 launch title.

Last edited by a moderator:
PD can have a world tour played on both games, because a lot of players that can not afford a new console yet for sometime.

PD can have a world tour played on both games, because a lot of players that can not afford a new console yet for sometime.

The point of WT events isn't to support what the players have but rather for Sony to showcase their latest hardware . Some players also race with the DS4 but all WT racing is on wheels.

Last edited:
Sony haven’t revealed any of their PS5 launch window titles. That will only happen when PS5 itself is revealed. That could be before or after E3.

We know some titles like Bluepoint’s Demons Souls are set to be a launch window game. Yet we don’t even have confirmation of the name. Let alone screenshots or gameplay.

The point of WT events isn't to support what the players have but rather for Sony to showcase their latest hardware . Some players also races with the DS4 but all WT racing is on wheels.
Hey fastone371, I don't understand your post, what I am talking about is having WT events on both games, and because they can not afford a new console yet.

Last edited:
Hey fastone371, I don't understand your post, what I am talking about is having WT events on both games, and because they can not afford a new console yet.

It would not make sense for Sony to use the PS4 once the PS5 is released, their goal is to sell product.

It would not make sense for Sony to use the PS4 once the PS5 is released, their goal is to sell product.
Use both until the GT Sport server shutdown on the PS4, and there is nothing wrong in that to happen, if the can not afford a new console.

Use both until the GT Sport server shutdown on the PS4, and there is nothing wrong in that to happen, if the can not afford a new console.

The main thing with the world tour is these events themselves use supplied equipment that PD and Sony have provided so it would most likely
be PS5 rather than PS4 but the normal races that lead to invitations to the world tour you could still use both versions of the game and it wouldn't
be too hard to implement is what you're trying to get across I think?

Then this essentially means that the new GT title is somehow a GT Sport 2? :confused:

I could call it GT Sport 2. But, I do expect the campaign mode to have much more content so it can be worthy of a full blown traditional GT title. Hence, GT7.

I'll take whatever release date they give us with a grain of salt. It will probably be delayed if history is anything to go by.

Last edited:
I could call it GT Sport 2. But, I do expect the campaign mode to have much more content so it can be worthy of a full blown traditional GT title. Hence, GT7.
Well, I guess I'd be happy about that if they still continue to offer DLCs there each month free of charge. :lol:

They can start saving up for it now, they have 8 or 9 months do it. Unpopular opinion here but if that isnt an option then maybe they shouldn’t be spending 600 on a console in the first place.
A lot longer than that if the money is tight little man.

Last edited:
A lot longer than that if the money is tight little man.

600 bucks here is like 2 or 3 loads of groceries for a small family. If a person cant save up that amount over the period of 9 months then they probably shouldn’t be buying something as expensive as your average monthly new car payment.

Last edited:
I'll take whatever release date they give us with a grain of salt. It will probably be delayed if history is anything to go by.

I agree, especially with PD's past history pertaining to release dates. But like someone pointed out earlier, if they continue with FIA and the WT races it seems odd that they would be playing a non current game on possibly a non current console. One would think as popular as the WT races that Sony would want to showcase their latest hardware/software. :confused::confused::confused:

Latest Posts

Back