Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

I hope, really really hope, seriously hope, the next game allows us to choose AI cars. I need to make my custom races look like this, with just these cars on the grid(similar to the GT4 European Series):
ER2RWsIVUAA_Pep.jpeg

My grid would be:

3 Vantage
2 M4
2 Mustang
1 F-Type
3 650S
4 SLS
4 Cayman
1 Supra

I'd save this grid for a Championship season.

I hope, really really hope, seriously hope, the next game allows us to choose AI cars. I need to make my custom races look like this, with just these cars on the grid(similar to the GT4 European Series):
View attachment 895284

My grid would be:

3 Vantage
2 M4
2 Mustang
1 F-Type
3 650S
4 SLS
4 Cayman
1 Supra

I'd save this grid for a Championship season.

man, believe I've been thinking about this for a long time! Besides this, also be able to select difficulty like in GT4. Aaaaaand last but not least, have a drag strip option as well. That would make this game such a great car comparison tool. I also think it would attract so many Arcade style players that enjoy these features in Forza. So, its a win win for all!

man, believe I've been thinking about this for a long time! Besides this, also be able to select difficulty like in GT4. Aaaaaand last but not least, have a drag strip option as well. That would make this game such a great car comparison tool. I also think it would attract so many Arcade style players that enjoy these features in Forza. So, its a win win for all!
It's the feature that works so well in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars/2 and Forza. Don't know why it's never been a feature in any Gran Turismo.

We do have a full on livery editor. So, maybe we see a change next game.

Imo GT7 it’s just going to be GT Sport Remaster with a normal career mode like past GT games.
And with many new cars, tracks, physics and features. Derrr oops! Oh wait that’s no longer called a remaster it’s called a new game. Oops! Smh

What would it take for players that already own a digital copy of GTS, to start playing GTS on the PS5 at launch?

Would it make sense in addition to GT7?

Companies are in the business of making money. Would it help sell PS5s, if GTSPORT were ready to play on the PS5?

I'm going to buy a PS5 and GT7 anyways but some that are still on the fence, this may help sway their wallets. Both games available on PS5, would be a hit.

What would it take for players that already own a digital copy of GTS, to start playing GTS on the PS5 at launch?

Companies are in the business of making money. Would it help sell PS5s, if GTSPORT were ready to play on the PS5?

I'm going to buy a PS5 and GT7 anyways but some that are still on the fence, this may help sway their wallets. Both games available on PS5, would be a hit.
GT Sport is going to be on PS5 because of backwards compatible to the PS4.

I wouldnt think that the PS5 being capable of playing GTS would help sell PS5's, I mean why buy a PS5 to play GTS when you can play it on an existing or cheaper PS4?

The over glorified, over hyped, ps4 GT prologue "AKA GT SPORT". That Sony obviously developed as a poor excuse too heard people onto ps4. Off of the free ps3 servers, because of greed and having too, "just have" a ps4 tittle. Needs to die soon anyway, and if the history of how PD executed that move repeats itself. My common sense guess would put it around launch up to about less than a year from launch. They made some greed money and its not like gt7 hasn't already been in the works for at least 2 1/2 years now. Its not like Sony wasn't open about not trying to keep up with a xbox and and E3 schedule. So I don't expect there to be much news about it, there plan all along was to let xbox have its short moment. I wouldnt mind if its 2 more years just so long as it's not another over glorified prologue with no cars, and a weird penalty system that makes no sense.

I wouldnt think that the PS5 being capable of playing GTS would help sell PS5's, I mean why buy a PS5 to play GTS when you can play it on an existing or cheaper PS4?
I have the normal PS4. Was thinking about getting the Pro last year. Like I mentioned, I'm buying the PS5 anyway.
There are some people that will not buy a PS5 due to: spending extra money, don't want to buy another GT game, etc.
This could entice players to change their mind, if the game they recently bought, is playable on a new system(better graphics and new GT game).

I have the normal PS4. Was thinking about getting the Pro last year. Like I mentioned, I'm buying the PS5 anyway.
There are some people that will not buy a PS5 due to: spending extra money, don't want to buy another GT game, etc.
This could entice players to change their mind, if the game they recently bought, is playable on a new system(better graphics and new GT game).
In order for GTS to take advantage of the full power of PS5, they’d need to re-release the game for PS5 though. Graphics-improving updates for PS4 legacy titles can only take advantage of higher CPU and GPU clocks.

And I don’t see that happening.. too much of a hassle imho.

In order for GTS to take advantage of the full power of PS5, they’d need to re-release the game for PS5 though. Graphics-improving updates for PS4 legacy titles can only take advantage of higher CPU and GPU clocks.

I read you. I don't understand the technical aspects. It's why I'm asking. 👍

I’d expect a significant number of Sony 1st party titles to receive update patches. Not least because with backwards compatibility these games will continue to sell on PSN for as long as licenses (car/music etc.) are valid. A graphical bump and some user experience improvements can only help with sales. GTS could also have a PS5 update to take advantage of new DualSense features.

A number of more recent titles like TLoU2 & GoT will very likely receive much more significant updates as they’ve been in development concurrently with PS5 dev kits going out. Maybe even all new sku’s. Although I suspect owners of the PS4 version will receive a free update to the PS5 version.

Last edited:
I’d expect a significant number of Sony 1st party titles to receive update patches. Not least because with backwards compatibility these games will continue to sell on PSN for as long as licenses (car/music etc.) are valid. A graphical bump and some user experience improvements can only help with sales. GT Sport could also have a PS5 update to take advantage of new DualSense features.

A number of more recent titles like TLoU2 & GoT will very likely receive much more significant updates as they’ve been in development concurrently with PS5 dev kits going out. Maybe even all new sku’s. Although I suspect owners of the PS4 version will receive a free update to the PS5 version.
I’m not saying it won’t receive some sort of graphical improvement (4K60 replays would be nice...). But I don’t expect too much. This way, if we don’t get GT7 at the launch, we’ll have at least some reason to upgrade our systems.

I might sound a little skeptical, but over the time I found it better to expect nothing regarding GT :D

I’d like to see a GT title that not only looks great (they all have) but actually feels like driving a car. GT have always been fun games, but if they could take the best parts of P Cars and AC and combine it with their top notch production qualities, that is all I need. What is GT right now? Definitely not the best racing, and for sure not the best driving model. It just looks very good and has a nice production.

I’d like to see a GT title that not only looks great (they all have) but actually feels like driving a car. GT have always been fun games, but if they could take the best parts of P Cars and AC and combine it with their top notch production qualities, that is all I need. What is GT right now? Definitely not the best racing, and for sure not the best driving model. It just looks very good and has a nice production.
GT is made to be a more accessible simulation in the market so probably won't be as hardcore as those kinds of games.

After GTS launch nothing particular functionality wise was added - mostly content. The team responsible for tools and coding the systems was probably working on GT7 was 2+ years if not more.

Having said that I doubt in anything this year and I doubt all the "future proof" content will actually make it to next game.

GTS PS5 port could the thing to play for the next 1-2 year(s).

I don’t see a point in porting GTS when PS4 games are going to be playable on the PS5

Yes but a flagship title like GT won't be just left alone to run in legacy mode. Ok It's barely a "port" - that was a wrong term, but they still will need to fiddle with the code to make it run at 4K and whatever else they want to happen when the game runs on PS5.

The people has not yet realized that GTS is a "prologue" version of GT7.

GT7 is being produced since the beginning of GTS production.

Kaz has already admitted this indirectly. He said that all the content of GTS is being produced in 8k.

GT7 will be GTS with graphics set at maximum. But with more content (tuning shop, tracks, modern cars), more gadgets (weather, rain), better AI single player.

I'm sure of it! So much so that the classic circuits are being intended for GT7. The return of original circuits only in the canonical game.

The GTS is a luxurious and profitable experiment from PD.

I hope you are right and they make a GT7 this year.

But again - Polyphony decides to stay quiet about their plans.
Also no news on dlc for gts and NO I don‘t take Corona as an excuse.

We still get dlc for Forza these days (6 cars in may) and they also do home office.

Well - lets hope the best.

I hope you are right and they make a GT7 this year.

But again - Polyphony decides to stay quiet about their plans.
Also no news on dlc for gts and NO I don‘t take Corona as an excuse.

We still get dlc for Forza these days (6 cars in may) and they also do home office.

Well - lets hope the best.
Likewise Sony is being very tightlipped with the likes of other PS5 games, I would just say lets all just wait on an actual confirmation instead of rumours or speculation..

Back