Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

Maybe a $20 or $30 prologue for the next GT would be a good idea for a launch title. Light on content but shows what's possible graphically and maybe their progress on the tire model they've been working on with Michelin.

People regard GT5P as one of the best GTs so it would probably go down pretty well so long as they make it abundantly clear that it's not a full game.

I want a full blown GT7 like you guys in 2020 for PS5 but then I also know its Polyphony :scared:

They have seemed to scale everything back quite a lot and pretty quickly this year, so it's really possible I think.

In addition to whatever reason this sub section was created so late in the rumors, I'm sure Jordan is more in the loop than most.

Maybe a $20 or $30 prologue for the next GT would be a good idea for a launch title. Light on content but shows what's possible graphically and maybe their progress on the tire model they've been working on with Michelin.

People regard GT5P as one of the best GTs so it would probably go down pretty well so long as they make it abundantly clear that it's not a full game.
I think most people do believe that GT Sport is a prologue to GT7.

Last edited:
I'd like to believe we're gonna get a GT game on PS5 in the first year of the console being released (whether it is GT7 or an updated version of GT Sport); not just because I personally like the franchise, but because they have no other active racing franchise in the books, and you need a racing game as a launch game.

Like Sony probably walked in the room and said "Ok. We need a racing game to showcase our new console, and... we closed down both Evolution Studios and Studio Liverpool... Figure it out.

Also you're gonna need to work from home, FIGURE IT OUT!"

So just saw this post on IG, screengrab isn't mine.
Probably reading into this too much, but a man can only hope

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1590004980290.jpg
    FB_IMG_1590004980290.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 41
Yap and as much as I want it guys.

We know PDs history.

They always wanted to have the game ready for the console launch but they also always failed.

But hey - maybe this time they make it but if they do then its probably a game as a service GT.
I just can‘t imagine them having a full blown GT7 ready.

They still have to outsource more like Turn 10 does because be deadly sure we see Forza 8 in 2020.

Lets hope the best :)

If PlayStation can manage to show some GT7, even if it's not gonna be a launch title, at these reveals, I think it'll be a massive boost to hype for the console.

However, that said, I don't think GT is in such a position to push console sales anymore. Back in PS1, PS2 days, everyone had a Gran Turismo disc on their shelf. These days I think there's a far higher portion of gamers that don't own a driving game at all.

Believing that GT7 will be a PS5 launch title is just delusional, otherwise there's going to be a Forza Motorsport 5 situation where we end up with a rushed, poorly hacked together mess with a pitiful amount of content.

Its been 3 years since the last game, how is it delusional?

I swear PD took slightly longer to make one game and the stigma that they take forever to make games has stuck with them since

Believing that GT7 will be a PS5 launch title is just delusional, otherwise there's going to be a Forza Motorsport 5 situation where we end up with a rushed, poorly hacked together mess with a pitiful amount of content.

Why would it be delusional to think that exactly? :confused:

Because Polyphony's history shows they are horrible at meeting deadlines, even their own set deadlines can be years off.

It took them 3 years from GT5 to GT6 and 4 from GT6 to Sport, a pretty normal dev cycle in my opinion. Can't see why they couldn't pull off a launch title.

I'm not saying they will (i personally don't think so), however i don't see why they couldn't.

Back