Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

True, Gran Turismo isn't as big it was when GT5 launched with all this competition... But now is the best chance PD have to make a killer game.
If they have a mega launch (given Bloomberg saying Sony can only manufacture 7million ps5s by march 2021) and PS4 sold 2 million consoles Day1.. if GT7 is released on launch, people will buy it as a launch title even if they aren't dedicated /sim guys. Launch games on PS sell gangbusters. People trust Sony to show them what next gen is at launch, I for one have never been disappointed by them .. and if Sport is anything to go by graphically.. PD is going to blow our minds. Expecting it at launch.. expecting 20 cars plus on track.. and GT Sport scape level detail on cars.

shirt).jpeg
Here's the shirt I'm going to wear if PD is a no show.

And then there is me, kinda hoping for GT7 to be shown there. I know for a fact that somehow I'll get hyped up in anticipation for the game to be shown.

Plot twist: my oral exam for finalizing my Automotive Salesman apprenticeship is on that exact day. Dang it. :lol:

I wonder if we will get a new car reveal too, potentially could be a new Z car as cover car.

GTP, we need GT lights to go up and classic GT music to be played in the background. As the PS5 is lightning speed, we should be sorted on the cookies front. Let's get the party started!
Prepare for huge disappointment :D
Still be exciting even with no GT as getting to see glimpse of the future of gaming.

*If* there's going to be a new GT reveal next week, I doubt we're going to be seeing much in the way of new stuff that's not already in GT Sport besides maybe a title card. Unless they've pulled an entire second game's worth of content out of their bumbums compared to GTS, I expect most people are going to be disappointed with the content on offer in this trailer. *If* there is a trailer at all.

*inhale*Maybe enhanced GTS with an A110 bouncing over a kerb sliding across the screen in slowmotion with wipers moving and water droplets shooting from the bonnet in unison with the car and the glimer of the sun's rays reflection off the driver side mirror into the eyeballs over all that watch the scene"GT7" logo fades in and out "Christmas 2020"*exhale*

there's a list of games that should be presented during that event but of course no trace of gt7, which could mean 2 things:

- it won't be revealed on the 3rd of june
- being it a major IP they won't officially announce it on a magazine list and prefer to present it in full flesh during the event

knowing PD I honestly can tell which one could be closer to reality, especially as I don't know if any of these games were TBA at the moment of the publishing of the list

there's a list of games that should be presented during that event but of course no trace of gt7, which could mean 2 things:

- being it a major IP they won't officially announce it on a magazine list and prefer to present it in full flesh during the event

knowing PD I honestly can tell which one could be closer to reality, especially as I don't know if any of these games were TBA at the moment of the publishing of the list

There are no Exclusive titles on this list. There will be seperate announcement probably on June 3rd.

The game list from that PlayStation magazine is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. It contains no first-party titles at all, but includes titles like TES6, which the studio has already confirmed won't be with us for a very, very long time after Starfield which is already two years away itself (and also on the list).

You will not see all 38 games on that list, and no others, at the PS games reveal event. It's just a list of games they think will be on PS5. at some point in its life (colour-coded so green is launch, yellow is post-launch, red is a way off).

The game list from that PlayStation magazine is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. It contains no first-party titles at all, but includes titles like TES6, which the studio has already confirmed won't be with us for a very, very long time after Starfield which is already two years away itself (and also on the list).

You will not see all 38 games on that list, and no others, at the PS games reveal event. It's just a list of games they think will be on PS5. at some point in its life (colour-coded so green is launch, yellow is post-launch, red is a way off).

so are you telling that this time we won't be disappointed? hahah i'm joking. I didn't notice that any of those games were first-party, I really hope we get to see it

What if they add Ray Tracing and some additions and continue GT-Sport? I'm expecting this from PD but I want a new game called GT-7 with a proper single-player mode.

What if they add Ray Tracing and some additions and continue GT-Sport? I'm expecting this from PD but I want a new game called GT-7 with a proper single-player mode.
They can’t add such things via an update, according to Cerny. That would have to be a complete PS5 re-release.

Back