Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

If the recent release track record is anything to go by, the game won't be ready in time:lol:

PD and SCE have known about the PS5 for 4 years. The entirety of PD is not working on GTS DLC, it would be a minority. Next titles usually go into preproduction straight after or even before the release of a prior title.

GT7 releasing in 2020 would be a 3 year dev cycle, 2021 would be 4 year. I think it's definitely possible that GT7 will be coming sooner than later.

PD was never a big studio they are one of the smallest AAA devs only recently they started outsourcing some of their work,GT7 is in pre production but to make a full fledged GT game while being busy with GTS would be unprecedented for a studio like PD

PD was never a big studio they are one of the smallest AAA devs
And people **** on PD for it :lol:
But still I wonder, why PD hasn't use their big wealth (must be, for all GT copies sold) to gain optimal tools/employee numbers for their ambitions.

And people **** on PD for it :lol:
But still I wonder, why PD hasn't use their big wealth (must be, for all GT copies sold) to gain optimal tools/employee numbers for their ambitions.

This will sound like the corniest thing,but PD(especially Kaz) are purists and just like purist car fans they like everything handmade,they love to be authentic.PD also probably likes the feel of having a smaller studio.Money isn't a problem.

What happened with GT6? I know it launched a few months after the PS3, did it sell poorly?

Sorry sir, but looks like you don‘t know anything at all :crazy:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...al-has-onethird-the-staff-of-turn-1-27356279/
Give PD a break (Now PD have 170, but still far from Turn 10), but you see now in GT Sport....they are giving out 10 cars per 2 weeks!
Unlike in PS3 GT era, it'd ****ing slow just to model 1-2 car!

Well Turn 10 works with studios around the globe.
Some cars are made in austria for example.

But 10 cars in 2 weeks....

Don‘t get me wrong, I really apreciate the free dlc of GT Sports but most of the cars are just ports from premium models of GT6 while at least for Forza 7 all DLC cars were complete new to the game / franchise.

I like both series but Polyphony should start to outsource more work and start getting more competitive in the market.

I‘d love to see a GT7 (a full one) for PS5 release and that would also be the moment I am getting a PS5 bit just as GT3 failed the release date for PS2 launch, also GT5 failed the release dates big time for PS3.

I just have heavy doubts they will have it ready or they release it like a „game as a service“ .... and fill it later just like they did with GT Sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will sound like the corniest thing,but PD(especially Kaz) are purists and just like purist car fans they like everything handmade,they love to be authentic.PD also probably likes the feel of having a smaller studio.Money isn't a problem.
I know money isn't a problem for them, that's why I wonder why they don't use their money to evolve the studio in both quality and quantity (like creating more studios to speed up their work) to chase their ambitions (they clearly aiming for it in PS3 era but manpower simply isn't enough).

Well Turn 10 works with studios around the globe.
Some cars are made in austria for example.

But 10 cars in 2 weeks....

Don‘t get me wrong, I really apreciate the free dlc of GT Sports but most of the cars are just ports from premium models of GT6 while at least for Forza 7 all DLC cars were complete new to the game / franchise.

I like both series but Polyphony should start to outsource more work and start getting more competitive in the market.

I‘d love to see a GT7 (a full one) for PS5 release and that would also be the moment I am getting a PS5 bit just as GT3 failed the release date for PS2 launch, also GT5 failed the release dates big time for PS3.

I just have heavy doubts they will have it ready or they release it like a „game as a service“ .... and fill it later just like they did with GT Sports.
Yeah really....with all PD's money (should be huge for 80 million sales)

Last edited by a moderator:
Timing plays a huge part in sale figures, down to even the economic climate. Even if the next GT titles is the best GT game ever made it still wont sell as much as the past titles during GT's Pinnacle years. Its not going to happen. So it doesn't make any sense comparing sales numbers because you're comparing them to a completely different era of gaming. That's just how things go.

Please no!!!

A game like Gran Turismo should not be a launch title.

Driveclub 2 or a PGR like game for a ps5 launch is perfect but nope Sony destroyed evo studios.

If Gt7 becomes launch title for ps5 that is going to be bad.

Last edited:
Please no!!!

A game like Gran Turismo should not be a launch title.

Driveclub 2 or a PGR like game for a ps5 launch is perfect byt nope Sony destroyed evo studios.

If Gt7 becomes launch title for ps5 that is going to be bad.

Why is it going to be bad though? I think it would be good thing for PD to release a GT game as launch title because it would fix their messy development cycle. If they release a new GT for 2020, there's a chance they'll release another game after 3-4 years then after that they can focus on the next generation console probably the PS6.

Why is it going to be bad though? I think it would be good thing for PD to release a GT game as launch title because it would fix their messy development cycle. If they release a new GT for 2020, there's a chance they'll release another game after 3-4 years then after that they can focus on the next generation console probably the PS6.

Launch titles always get rushed

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...al-has-onethird-the-staff-of-turn-1-27356279/
Give PD a break (Now PD have 170, but still far from Turn 10), but you see now in GT Sport....they are giving out 10 cars per 2 weeks!
Unlike in PS3 GT era, it'd ****ing slow just to model 1-2 car!

Not only is that an insanely outdated source, it's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

PD's employee count is now over 200. Turn 10's is actually less than that: it swells with the inclusion of asset creation studios during development, but the full-time count is smaller. Plus, PD is now also outsourcing content creation — so by the logic of the comparison, those third parties should be added in too.

GTS hasn't been getting 10 cars every two weeks since, er, ever. It's averaged about seven every five weeks IIRC, and a good chunk of those are refreshes of GT6 models, not from-the-ground-up builds.

No idea when any of this will release, just hope the 8 core CPU will be put to good use by improving their physics.

Also hope Kunos has their dev kit already, although unnanounced this UI I'm staring at in ACC screams I was built for console.
That would motivate me to get a PS5. I'm not going to care about Gran Turismo 7 because they really really don't know how to make good games anymore.

Well hell, I just bought the ps4. I cant go out buying a new one next year. If I had known this I would have just waited till it came out and bought that. I've been a ps4 owner for abut 5 months and now a new one is coming out. Psssss.

The PS4 came out in 2013. I don't know how anyone could be surprised by the news about a PS5 next year or so, 7 years after the PS4 release. Also, the rumours have been around since last year.

As I said before, I really hope that GT7 comes with dynamic weather, rain and visual damage.

But I'm afraid. I play the franchise since the PSX, and since the GT3 I hear Kaz speak in limitation of hardware about absence of damages, rains and weather. Every new game was the same excuse - hardware limitation.

So, finally we will have a GT with dynamic weather in all the circuits?

Last edited:
If the recent release track record is anything to go by, the game won't be ready in time:lol:

To quell the cynicism we should look at the release time frames.

GT3 - 2001
GT4 - 2004
Prologue - 2008
GT5 - 2010
GT6 2013
GTS 2017

Pretty much 3 years between titles with the only one out of step being prologue, but then getting back into step with GT5. If prologue had released in 07, instead of 08, it would have been 3 years to GT5, but it was intended for PS3 so it had to wait. GTS was a year later than it should have been, but then again, it had to content with VR and 4k. Now that those base features are in, it's feasible that it can get back on track to a 3 year schedule.

Based on that, they next GT should be 2020.

PS 2 - 2000
PS 3 - 2006
PS 4 - 2013

If PS 5 comes in 7 years from the release of PS 4, it should launch in 2020

To quell the cynicism we should look at the release time frames.

GT3 - 2001
GT4 - 2004
Prologue - 2008
GT5 - 2010
GT6 2013
GTS 2017

Pretty much 3 years between titles with the only one out of step being prologue, but then getting back into step with GT5. If prologue had released in 07, instead of 08, it would have been 3 years to GT5, but it was intended for PS3 so it had to wait. GTS was a year later than it should have been, but then again, it had to content with VR and 4k. Now that those base features are in, it's feasible that it can get back on track to a 3 year schedule.

Based on that, they next GT should be 2020.

PS 2 - 2000
PS 3 - 2006
PS 4 - 2013

If PS 5 comes in 7 years from the release of PS 4, it should launch in 2020
GT5, GT6, and GTS are all half-assed and incomplete at release

Why did it go up dramatically?

Looking at past trends the fact that a new console has a new graphics showcase feature is hardly a revelation, and certainly not an indication that PD would be able to have a product ready to support it for launch. The PS2, PS3 and PS4 all pushed graphics in a new direction in one way or another, yet PD singularly failed to release a launch title for any of these.

Nor does the use of PD in terms of tech demo mean anything, we have had tech demos from them before that have not panned out to mean launch releases, hell we have even had actually named titles promised for launch that never saw the light of day, GT2000 was supposed to be a launch title for the PS2 after being used as a graphics showcase, ditto with the original GTHD and the PS3. A tech demo and a new graphics feature on a new console are not an accurate indicator that PD will make a launch window. That's also putting aside that even being generous, PD and release dates are not exactly great bedfellows.

Personally, if I were to put my money on any studio being used to both hit a launch window and be able to showcase new graphics features it would be Guerilla Games, with Naughty Dog a second. They both have a better track record of hitting release dates for software, both are known for outstanding graphics and pushing systems early on and the former has released with a new console before.
As of now each piece of information from the leak has proven correct as more official details are revealed.

In terms of development timelines, late 2020 is bang on when a new GT is due. GT6 should’ve been a launch window PS4 title, coming 3 years after GT5. It proved a huge strategic mistake to launch exclusively on PS3. Directly leading to GTS releasing undercooked on PS4, as Sony desperately needed a GT, 3 years after the system launched.

PD’s assets (cars/tracks) are now built to 4K (and beyond) standards. PS5 will be a 4K system with upscaling to 8K. Developments like ray-tracing and the much improved CPU are easier to utilise on a title like GT7.......which otherwise would be very similar to what’s already possible on PS4. Prettier graphics, larger grids, more advanced physics. It’s a great fit for the launch window. Let’s also not forget MS will launch their new system with a new Forza.

1st party development has long since switched to PS5, with announced titles (TLOU2, DS, GoT) set to be cross-gen releases. PD aside, most other studios, like GG, are still 2-3 years out from releasing their next projects. People mock PD for being slow and missing deadlines. But the reality is there’s been a 3 year gap between each of their last three projects. It was Sony’s mistake putting GT6 on PS3, making the wait seem much longer.

Last edited:
GT6's failure IMO was because it was just more of the same from GT5, and had little to do with when it launched. I played GT6 for maybe a year, before finally giving in to the thought, that I just did all this, for the very same cars, the last game. Stopped playing, and didn't return, even after updates.
PS4 was out for probably 2-3 years before I bought one.

The people has not yet realized that GTS is a "prologue" version of GT7.

GT7 is being produced since the beginning of GTS production.

Kaz has already admitted this indirectly. He said that all the content of GTS is being produced in 8k.

GT7 will be GTS with graphics set at maximum. But with more content (tuning shop, tracks, modern cars), more gadgets (weather, rain), better AI single player.

I'm sure of it! So much so that the classic circuits are being intended for GT7. The return of original circuits only in the canonical game.

The GTS is a luxurious and profitable experiment from PD.

Last edited:
GT5, GT6, and GTS are all half-assed and incomplete at release
GT5 was one of the biggest titles (content wise) released in any genre. It was also the title that illustrated PD needed better production and content management. Quality control was not upto standard.

GT6 launching on PS3 was a strategic mistake on Sony’s part. Instead using Driveclub for their launch PS4 driving title. The belief at the time was the transition from PS3 to PS4 would be more gradual. In reality many millions moved over to the new systems pretty much overnight. GT6 still had many of the same flaws from GT5. But better PS4 hardware would have given us a more polished product. Plus satisfied demand from early PS4 adopters.

GTS clearly launched undercooked on PS4. But Sony needed a GT out 3 years after the console released. That said, for the future of the franchise, PD made the right call to start from scratch with 4K (and beyond) quality assets. That together with renewed focus to ensure flawless 60fps performance and slick menu navigation has seen the franchise right some wrongs. Post launch support has also been regular and high quality. It gives me great hope GT7 will get us back to the peak of the GT franchise, with plentiful content, and standard setting presentation.

Last edited:
Back