image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0005.jpg

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0006.jpg

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0007.jpg

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0008.jpg

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0001.jpg

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0002.jpg

Direct feed 4K resolution screenshots provided by gamersyde

image_gran_turismo_7-42169-4502_0003.jpg

This cluster shot is just gorgeous. :drool::drool::drool: Some people will see the ray tracing noise and be turned off, but I love how it imparts a kind of film-grain to the imagery. Bring on the ray tracing! My body is ready!

I love how my lowly first gen Boxster has the exact same gauge cluster as a $600k supercar (slightly different numbers on the scales :lol:)

The shadow cascading issues are still there. No ray traced shadows or lighting then. Hope this eventually gets fixed.

When the presentation is that good, the little issues will be even more apparent.

Yes, seems like to be GT Sport's Graphics Engine, with some upgrades due PS5 devkit. I hope PD implement at some point, at least real time shadows and dinamic lighting.

BTW, it's clear they are using various GT Sports assets like cars, trees, track side detail, even some textures of foliage. Maybe PD is pursuing higher Frame rates, like Kazunori-san said? Or it's just initial stages of development?

Yes, seems like to be GT Sport's Graphics Engine, with some upgrades due PS5 devkit. I hope PD implement at some point, at least real time shadows and dinamic lighting.

BTW, it's clear they are using various GT Sports assets like cars, trees, track side detail, even some textures of foliage. Maybe PD is pursuing higher Frame rates, like Kazunori-san said? Or it's just initial stages of development?

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but the engine did seem to be the GTSport one plus RT reflections so far.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but the engine did seem to be the GTSport one plus RT reflections so far.
It’s not a matter of using the same engine. Different game’s may use the same engine, while being totally different games. Yes, this was the same engine but more importantly, this was just GT SPORT, with Trial Mountain, some new cars and ray-traced reflections. They didn’t even try to hide that, which makes me hope that the whole gameplay was just a placeholder. Far cry from what GT7 will eventually look like when it’s due to release on PS5.

A good example is Konami’s MGSV and MG Survive. The latter is basically just a reskinned MGSV, with some new gameplay mechanics, but essentially the same game. Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer also used FOX engine from MGSV, and that’s the situation when we can say: hey, this game uses the same engine as MGSV (while being a different game).

But the Aston Martin image comparison above is great! Yes, GT7 has too much contrast and lacks detail in black and white, but it will be fine when viewed on proper HDR display.

Remember the first gameplay we saw from gt sport? That looked terrible. The nurburgring had flat tree surfaces next to the race track, the asphalt looked dull and all sorts of “unfinished” things were visible. This trailer doesn’t represent the final product I think. Let’s just hope it’ll not get worse when released, but better.

Remember the first gameplay we saw from gt sport? That looked terrible. The nurburgring had flat tree surfaces next to the race track, the asphalt looked dull and all sorts of “unfinished” things were visible. This trailer doesn’t represent the final product I think. Let’s just hope it’ll not get worse when released, but better.

Not just gameplay, even the cinematics looked terrible, with screen-tearing, colours just looked washed-out and so on.

Yes, but looks almost the same as GTS while running on PS5, so there have to be more improvements down the road.

I've played GT Sport and I've watched GT7 in my TV UHD. Need some fix for popin yes but difference is huge.

IMO, I'm glad that PoDi use same engine because it's already very good and thank to that, development can easier/faster :)

Last edited:
Some tech analysis here

Should clarify comments made by:
@sebmugi
@FoRiZon

In a notshell, pure mirror surfaces are the easiest to RT. I have a feeling we are looking at an early build of GT7s engine and the pit garage floor is not something we would expect to see once the full suite of post-processing is applied. As for the pixelation of the reflections and the shadows? Well...there's only so much the PS5 engine can cope with. I think we are looking at 1080p for both. Again, I think these will probably get refined somewhat before release. I'll take ray tracing with some jagged edges over cube maps though.

Back