Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.26)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 128 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.26)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following four new cars have been added:
  ・BMW M2 Competition '18
  ・Ford Sierra RS 500 Cosworth '87 (Purchasable at 'Used Cars');
  ・Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96 (Purchasable at 'Used Cars');
  ・Gran Turismo Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary (Obtainable from the 'Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary' banner at the top right of the World Map between 24 November and 3 January)

2. Tracks
 - The 'Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta' race track has been added.

3. World Map
 - A number of events and a special themed map have been added to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Gran Turismo series. Please check the "Announcing the 'Gran Turismo 25th Anniversary' and 'World Finals' Celebration Campaigns!" article for further details.

4. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for 'DS Automobiles' has been added for Europe (France.)

5. Used Cars
 - The new 'Car Valuation Service' feature has been added. Please check the 'Car Valuation Service' section of the online manual for more details. The 'Car Valuation Service' will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

6. Café
 - The following two Extra Menus have been added:
  ・Extra Menu No. 12: 'Collection: Renault' (Collector Level 31 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No. 13: 'Collection: Nissan Skyline GT-R' (Collector Level 40 and above);

The new Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

7. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
   - Race of Turbo Sportscars
   - American FR Challenge 550
   - Gr.1 Prototype Series
  ・Brands Hatch
   - European FR Challenge 550
  ・Willow Springs Raceway
   - Historic Sports Car Masters

8. Scapes
 - The 'Road Atlanta' and 'Illumination' locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

9. GT Auto
 - 23 new paint colours have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.

10. Multiplayer
 - Qualifying and Grid Start features have been added to Lobby.

11. Showcase
 - A new 'Popular Users' category has been added to the Discover section;
 - A list of players who have 'Liked' or 'Reposted' a User Generated Content can now be displayed in said content's details section;
 - Christmas songs have been added to the music track list.

12. Options
 - It is now possible to calibrate a handbrake controller under [Options] > [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings].
 - It is now possible to set race functions for the push button dials on the THRUSTMASTER® T-GT by selecting 'Other Buttons' on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.
 - It is now possible to set race functions for the control stick buttons on the Fanatec® GT DD Pro by selecting 'Other Buttons' on the bottom left of the [Controller] > [Steering Controller Settings] screen.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the initial downforce values for the following cars:
  ・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19
  ・Super Formula Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19

2. Race Screen
 - Fixed an issue wherein setting 'Show Race Info' to 'Off' in 'Display Settings' would cause options such as tyre menus to not display on pit-in.

3. Showcase
 - The 'Content Type' function has been changed from a dropdown menu to buttons. This also applies to the gallery function on 'My Page.'

4. Penalty Line
 - The location of the Penalty Line has been adjusted for the following tracks:
  ・Deep Forest Raceway - Reverse
  ・Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse

5. Braking Areas
 - The braking areas on Trial Mountain have been adjusted.

6. Sound
 - Fixed an issue wherein rain sound effects would not play properly on replays;
 - Adjusted the engine sounds for certain vehicles.

7. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localization issues.

Undocumented Changes

• The name of the engine model in the 1994 Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) changed to SR20DET-Silvia-S14-'94
  • The following World Tour AI drivers have been added:

・Dean Heldt
    ・Emily Jones
    ・Ethan Lim
    ・Nikita Moysov
    ・Robbie Heck
    ・Saruthan Seelan
    ・Quintin Jehoul
    ・Takuma Sasaki
  • It is now possible to enter all the settings (display settings, hud on/off, adjust cockpit view, adjust controller ect.) while driving in lobbies.
  • Brembo logo in Brand central has been updated to the 2022 logo
  • The Toyota GR010 '21 now has a Hypercar tag

Last edited:
So first off, I'm happy to finally say this: The Ability to sell cars has been added, so no more questions on that. Anyhow, the usual: Read the first post containing the patch notes and post whatever changes you find not mentioned in said patch notes. As usual, any complaining about changes, bugs or glitches found, physics changes or new engine swaps are to be posted in these big buttons contained in the OP:

1669271623082.png

You may now post.

There appears to be a replay auto-dimming feature when many headlights are on the screen. It lessens when there are less cars on the screen at one time. Uploading the video.
Edit:

I ran a race at night and the screen doesn’t dim like it does in the day.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new, but there's a "Storage Available" option in the settings that lets you see how much free space you have left and how it's split up between pics-replays-scapes.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do the reflections in the rearview mirror look less detailed than before? It looks like they were set to a lower quality.

There appears to be a replay auto-dimming feature when many headlights are on the screen. It lessens when there are less cars on the screen at one time. Uploading the video.
Edit:

I ran a race at night and the screen doesn’t dim like it does in the day.

Think this has more to do with the fact that headlight beam spread is not 180° so when you have a narrow angle from the cameras point of view, very little light from the headlights hits the camera and the camera will naturally adjust EV values.

Think this has more to do with the fact that headlight beam spread is not 180° so when you have a narrow angle from the cameras point of view, very little light from the headlights hits the camera and the camera will naturally adjust EV values.
Okay. Have Not noticed this before this update.
Another is the decal sheets. Weren’t these black before the update?Not with this checkerboard background.
1669287433480.jpeg

The name of the engine model in the 1994 Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) changed to SR20DET-Silvia-S14-'94 (adding the year) because the 1.26 update added a 1996 S14 with the turbo engine.

It seems to me that collisions with the AI car physics has changed. Whereas before, they were like bricks and you could hardly move them, this morning on Road Atlanta I barely tapped one (it seemed) and it spun out and off the track. I haven't tested it enough to know for sure.
Is the AI only or does this change affect sport races as well?

Bug - There are sometimes no engine sound for the Cossie
Didn't try the Cossie yet, maybe it's dependent on the track. Did you notice that on Atlanta or other tracks?

My C7 was silent as well in my first race, see:

Motor sound was back in the replay though.

Edit: disregard the bad driving please, it was my first try on a new track with a car I don't usually drive. I also turned off driving line and braking zones for clearer footage, so I was basically flying blind

Edit2: corrected a "bad" word

Last edited:
Back