Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.26)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 128 comments
I noticed when doing a Daily Race A today, that the tires on my car were Michelin even though I equipped Continental. Everywhere else (garage, GT Auto, top of the screen) all still show Continental. Is this new after the update? Anyone else notice this?

-Never noticed this before and know for sure the tire maker's markings were correct previously (at least in B). Is PD changing the tire markings due to sponsorship?
-Bug?
-I haven't checked in Race B since after the update

cca66e7cda2a3ea77003229fc7e02385_photo.webp

I noticed when doing a Daily Race A today, that the tires on my car were Michelin even though I equipped Continental. Everywhere else (garage, GT Auto, top of the screen) all still show Continental. Is this new after the update? Anyone else notice this?

-Never noticed this before and know for sure the tire maker's markings were correct previously (at least in B). Is PD changing the tire markings due to sponsorship?
-Bug?
-I haven't checked in Race B since after the update

cca66e7cda2a3ea77003229fc7e02385_photo.webp
Wouldn't surprise me if it's a sponsorship thing, it's a GTWS event after all and the events are Michelin sponsored - it would make sense.

Anyone noticed that in circuit experience for road Atlanta you get 100, 200, 300ft marker boards but in lobbies you get (destructable) advertising hoardings at different spacings instead? That's really annoying for finding your braking points.

It appears the DST bug is fixed. On a third account that I hadn't logged into for a couple months and before the US came off DST, I got my 3-star marathon ticket.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a sponsorship thing, it's a GTWS event after all and the events are Michelin sponsored - it would make sense.
I think it has to be as everyone's tires were Michelins. The odds that everyone in the race with custom liveries running the same tire race after race is quite slim. And, I really hope it's temporary. Not that I care a ton, but I want my tires to match my livery (hence using the Continental as the marking is orange to match that fall camo). Especially if I have "Goodyear" all down the side of the car but it has Michelin tires on it... doesn't make much sense and starts to trigger my OCD. :ill:

Last edited:
I think it has to be as everyone's tires were Michelins. The odds that everyone in the race with customer liveries running the same tire race after race is quite slim. And, I really hope it's temporary. Not that I care a ton, but I want my tires to match my livery (hence using the Continental as the marking is orange to match that fall camo). Especially if I have "Goodyear" all down the side of the car but it has Michelin tires on it... doesn't make much sense and starts to trigger my OCD. :ill:
The same was in GTsport. In official cup events the only tires allowed are michelins, because of sponsorship ;)

The same was in GTsport. In official cup events the only tires allowed are michelins, because of sponsorship ;)
Fair enough, but this was a Daily race not a Nations Cup race or anything like that.

Anyway, I digress... I just hope it goes away soon. :)

It is now possible to enter all the settings (display settings, hud on/off, adjust cockpit view, adjust controller ect.) while driving in lobbys. For a long time we could only use the "assist" settings on track, and you had to go to the pit to use any of the other settings, adjusting the cockpit view even requires to be on track in a car, which meant you had to go offline on a track to adjust it...

Fair enough, but this was a Daily race not a Nations Cup race or anything like that.

Anyway, I digress... I just hope it goes away soon. :)
Yeah but it was a copy of one of last weekends World Series races, so I guess that's why it happened. Maybe on purpose, maybe they just forgot to reset that particular setting

It seems to be only the Willow Springs race they added. The replay does have sound though...

Bug - There is no engine sound in the Willow Springs Historic Sports Car Masters event
I had a silent engine in a sport mode race and a couple of different neo-classic races. I think it is random.

Tokyo 600 now follows standard rules for the Clean Race Bonus. I didn't receive any penalties this afternoon but I did tap the wall a few times and took some damage. I never hit the walls on the west side of the track (turns 1 and 2, I think).
I won $550,000, which is still a decent amount IMHO.
Per tests done by @Doncarlone, it is contact with the AI, and only contact with the AI, that ruins the Tokyo grind. I lost mine when the AI slammed into the side of me in the hairpin on turn 1.

Scapes now shows a new command; "L2 + Ⓡ: Direction", but it's grayed out and not available.
Fi5B4qtaMAQ46Ms

Did you know that there seemed to be a function which allows you to take a drifting picture during the game's development?
It may mean that this function is officially coming soon.
FKLo51laIAAeLc0

Last edited:
Scapes now shows a new command; "L2 + Ⓡ: Direction", but it's grayed out and not available.
Fi5B4qtaMAQ46Ms

Did you know that there seemed to be a function which allows you to take a drifting picture during the game's development?
It may mean that this function is officially coming soon.
FKLo51laIAAeLc0
I wondered what was up with this feature. I distinctly remember the same thing showing cars driving in existing scapes with dust/dirt trails behind the cars, which we can't actually do in game. Would be very nice for it to finally come to the game.

Last edited:
The weather in the WTC700 on LeMans seems to have been changed.
Rain starts towards end of lap 2(most of the time it started end of lap 3)
Rain goes towards end of lap 5(normally ended lap 4)
Rain now has Green and Yellow, where as Dark blue was most commonly seen

Done this event 5 times so far and it has been similar each time

Last edited:
Im not sure if this was in this update or previous or if it’s been on the game since launch. But have PD added tracks without us knowing?

Just gone to Nordschleife to they have added a Tourist track. I’ve never seen that before!
Fuji short I’m sure I’ve never been on the game either?
And I think they have added some reverse layout for the some of the fictional tracks (the 3 dirt rally tracks & broad bean).

Im not sure if this was in this update or previous or if it’s been on the game since launch. But have PD added tracks without us knowing?

Just gone to Nordschleife to they have added a Tourist track. I’ve never seen that before!
Fuji short I’m sure I’ve never been on the game either?
And I think they have added some reverse layout for the some of the fictional tracks (the 3 dirt rally tracks & broad bean).
It's been in the game since day 1, but it was exclusive to time trial I think (the tourist layout)

Back