Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.43)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 44 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.43)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following three new cars have been added:
  ・Audi TTS Coupe '09 (Available for purchase at Legend Cars and Used Cars dealerships)
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 (Available for purchase at Legend Cars and Used Cars dealerships)
  ・Renault R4 GTL '85 (Available for purchase at Legend Cars and Used Cars dealerships)

2. World Circuits

- The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
  ・Japanese Clubman Cup 550
   - WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
  ・Sunday Cup Classic
   - Tsukuba Circuit
  ・European Clubman Cup 600
   - Suzuka Circuit

3. Brand Central
 - The following brands have been added to the Museum:
  ・Bvlgari

(The BVLGARI Aluminum Vision Gran Turismo is now available for purchase.)

4. Café
 - The following Extra Menu has been added:
  ・Extra Menu No.36: Collection: Lamborghini (Collector Level 43 and above).
 - Added new sets of conversations with car designers and characters appearing in the café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in "Garage" and speaking with the characters in the café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Kunihisa Ito
   ・Nissan R92CP '92
   ・Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
   ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid '16

- Hikonori Kagurazaka
   ・Eckert's Rod & Custom Mach Forty
   ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06

- Tom Matano
   ・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
   ・Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Mazda RX500 '70

CHARACTERS
  - Jeremy
   ・Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM '98
   ・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71

- Stella
   ・Mazda RX-VISION '15

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Nissan GT-R Premium Edition '17
  ・Suzuki Jimny XC '18
  ・Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22
  ・Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83
  ・Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

6. Scapes
 - The "Pyrenees" has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - The text indicating a car's aspiration type has been adjusted as follows:
  ・TB (Turbo) → TC (Turbocharger)
  ・ST (Superturbo) → TC+SC 
 *"TC+SC" indicates a forced induction system equipped with a TC (Turbocharger) and a SC (Supercharger).

2. Legend Cars
 - Prices for Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty, which provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for May 2024.

3. World Circuits
 - The Weekly Challenges are now updated every Friday.
 - It is now possible to enter Drift Trials and Time Trials even when Performance Points (PP) cannot be calculated.

4. Multiplayer
 - We repaired an issue in "Split-Screen Race" in which the race display would disappear during a pit stop.

5. Localization
 - We have fixed various text localization issues.

Undocumented Changes
  • The force feedback on the DD Pro has been tuned down
  • "M. McEwen" has been removed from the AI cars.
  • The Rev Counter on the GT DD Extreme now is colored
  • New entries for 2021, 2022 and 2023 have been added in the museum.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, kinda stopped paying attention with PD taking their sweet time so I'm just doing my best impression of them right now :lol:

So, you know the drill by now: Post anything that has not been documented in the patch notes (please read those to make sure you are not posting something already officially posted). Remember to post discussions, game bugs, news, physics changes or new engine swaps to the following threads in the OP:

1709204164861.png

And now (Finally), you may post.

Last edited:
There are lots of BOP changes. Do I need to post them here (they are from 3rd party sites and I presume they are accurate)?
Well it does technically count as a Undocumented change and there seems to be no dedicated thread for BOP changes so I wouldn't have an issue. I would double check though to make sure they are accurate.

Last edited:
There are lots of BOP changes. Do I need to post them here (they are from 3rd party sites and I presume they are accurate)?
I thought there was an overall update for BOP. @Tidgney did a video on them and someone is maintaining an overview xls.
So I would say no, just refer to these overviews.

Last edited:
Renault 4 has same issue as last updates Jimny in that the licence plate now falls under the 'body 2' category rather than 'other'.

Might be wrong. But I noticed the car wipers sound louder on some cars and quieter on others. Like the Evo 9 is more louder.

I may be nitpicking here, but aren't BoP changes a special thing? They happen all the time anyway.
To be honest, I multiple times have wondered if they should count as they technically are in themselves an undocumented change (Which is odd considering how important this is for the GTWS as whole).

Last edited:
I thought I was imagining this after 1.42 but after 1.43 it changed again so I went back and checked...

Having been added back in 1.26, GTWS driver Matthew McEwen's picture was removed from AI cars after 1.42 for some reason - and now his name has also been removed in 1.43; it appears in the leaderboard in WTC800 races, but his car is now just "Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3"...

1709308634433.png

Edit: Double-imagination - I found a screenshot from 1.42 which, by chance, had the Corvette in it and also no name above the car. So he wasn't removed in this update but somewhere between 1.26 and 1.42...

Last edited:
Did someone else tried to re-launch their roulette tickets I had only a sample of two that I re-ran post-update
And my Bugatti invited remained and the S part (vilebrequin) for mazda 3 value 8300Cr were the same as before update
I know my sample is scarce but did anyone saw something in that department ?

Did someone else tried to re-launch their roulette tickets I had only a sample of two that I re-ran post-update
And my Bugatti invited remained and the S part (vilebrequin) for mazda 3 value 8300Cr were the same as before update
I know my sample is scarce but did anyone saw something in that department ?

The Rev Strip from the GT DD Extreme is now colored (yellow/red/blue) instead of being in plain white/pale blue.
The LEDs around the 4 sticks are still white though.

Attachments

• IMG_20240302_131802.jpg
    IMG_20240302_131802.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
My Tw-- X follower newly confirmed the Pearl Red from Lexus and Amaranto Bull Lea from Ferrari in GT Auto.
Are they really new?
Nope, Pearl Red (LFA) is from the previous update and Amaranto Bull Lea (Dino 246) has been in the game since day 1.

Is that chart actually a ranking or just individual data? I’m having difficulty actually making sense of it all. Thanks.

How do you read this chart?
The further to the right the car is, the heavier it is in BoP conditions. Th further to the top it is, the more powerful it is in BoP conditions. So the Skyline Silhouette in the top left is rather powerful and really light (to make up for its lack of modern aero and clunky gearbox), while the BRZ in the bottom right is quite heavy and pretty underpowered.

Cars that are circles are FR drivetrain, while triangles are MR drivetrain.

The further to the right the car is, the heavier it is in BoP conditions. Th further to the top it is, the more powerful it is in BoP conditions. So the Skyline Silhouette in the top left is rather powerful and really light (to make up for its lack of modern aero and clunky gearbox), while the BRZ in the bottom right is quite heavy and pretty underpowered.

Cars that are circles are FR drivetrain, while triangles are MR drivetrain.
I appreciate the response. So are you saying that the higher up on the chart the car is, the faster it is? And is there anyway to track cars that are improved handling wise with the updates? Or only acceleration?

So are you saying that the higher up on the chart the car is, the faster it is?
Partly.
The chart simply visualizes power and weight against each other.
But it doesnt include information about aero setup and generally the cars handling.
The Skyline 84 is light and its engine has a high power output, but it has a huge turbo lag and comparitively high wind resistance but not necessarily in advantage of cornering speed - it is a brick with 2 large bars at the front and the back as a replacement for wings ;)

GTEngine shows acceleration values and rotational gs, but you should actually get a feel for the cars instead of relying on numbers in a game.
The numbers dont tell you how the cars behave on braking, how well they can cut corners over the kerbs, or gearing.

Also the raw PP those cars have doesnt equal each other, and they have different tyrewear, fuel consumption is pretty close between all of them.

Back