Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.06 Arrives, Fixes Progression Bugs and Issues

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main issue regarding things like smoke is that Polyphony has an odd approach to fixing them. For things like how the cars drive or smoke, they'll probably just alter these things to satisfy the casual fanbase versus doing something that could please everyone and just add an adjustment option for things like that. What's more odd is that PD has made options similar to what I'm suggesting, like being able to adjust the cockpit view for instance or tire sound. If they can do that, then adding sliders for things like smoke settings and physics should be no problem.

---

To note: Going back to how cars react to jumps, I think they might have altered it aswell. I am now grinding on Fisherman's Ranch with my Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car and I noticed it reacting with more stability after landing versus last night. In the same car yesterday, it would spin wildly out of control or roll over if I did a jump full throttle. Now, that doesn't quite happen. It honestly makes grinding the event easier.
Noticed that to for rally stage, same grind for me...

Although I managed to tame a car a bit by adding max height to suspension, loosing it max and played a bit with suspension stiffness ...

I remember before the update that a number of the Gr.3 cars I sampled (Castrol TOM'S Supra, R8 LMS Evo, Corvette, F-Type, Mustang) tended to get very unstable on RH tyres if I put too much throttle in through the lower gears. No such issues in the F-Type on the 'Bathurst Gr.3 Battle' Mission - it handles fairly close to how I remember it being in GT Sport.

I found the race cars on slicks quite enjoyable to drive on 1.05. Tons of grip. I mean, not bonkers WOT through corners, of course, but I could get on the throttle early in apex. R8 LMS has always required very smooth driving style, even in Sport. Very neutral-oversteer balance, which I like.

RWD road cars on comfort/sport tires, however, are mostly very late acceleration after apex (2003 M3 doesn't seem to be too bad stock), else you loop it around when loaded rear lights up. Short shifting will also loop it around faster like tires are on ice (mostly high-torque cars even with less throttle than lower gear); in the rain, it's a death sentence. Not sure if that's intended behavior, but seems bugged, as it doesn't make sense with less engine torque going to wheels; we'd all be flying off wet roads if this was real-life. LSD didn't seem to be working correctly on some vehicles, which led to very unpredictable behavior on-throttle.

Edit: Without assists. Traction control can help, esp. in rain.

Last edited:
One of the missions has bugged tyres in dirt aswell, 2nd set of missions, the one with the group B quattro, same issue, 1.05 had D tyres, 1.06 has RH tyres. They defintiely have updated the physics/tyre model in this update and i think these out of place tyres are proof.

Hope the fix for dirt tyres comes per hotfix before Weekend Starts. Need the Rally Car from ia license for the next Cafe mission. Dont wanna spend money for a Rally car

Last edited:
For whatever reason they've decided to reduce tyre smoke and spray by 70-90% in this update. God knows why, but for whatever reason they saw fit to remove two of the things this game did really well.

This is on PS4, don't know if it's been done to PS5.

For whatever reason they've decided to reduce tyre smoke and spray by 70-90% in this update. God knows why, but for whatever reason they saw fit to remove two of the things this game did really well.

Same BS on PS5 unfortunately. Same for dust clouds and I've heard it also effects rain too.

The reduction may look less spectacular but it's actually more realistic. Anyone who has driven behind another car on the highway in the rain knows that reduced visibility doesn't mean removed visibility, and the original version was the latter.

The reduction may look less spectacular but it's actually more realistic. Anyone who has driven behind another car on the highway in the rain knows that reduced visibility doesn't mean removed visibility, and the original version was the latter.
Nah you're way off. The old version was way more real. Here in Florida when it rains you are lucky to see the car in front of you on the highway even during the day.

Last edited:
Nah you're way off. The old version was way more real. Here in Florida when it rains you are lucky to see the car in front of you on the highway even during the day.
I too have driven in such rain. The thing is that the reason for not being able to see in such conditions is the rain itself, not the spray. Road cars lift very little water up from the road, race cars with a diffuser are a different thing of course but normal cars with road legal tyres simply aren't capable of it.

No it's not, these are at racing speeds not a 70kph pootle along a highway.

This is how much spray you get from GT cars travelling at safety car speeds, go compare this to a wet race with Gr.3 cars, the update is a nerf:

82 RISI COMPETIZIONE USA FERRARI 488 GTE - Giancarlo FISICHELLA ITA, Toni VILANDER FIN, Matteo...jpg

Last edited:
It wouldn't be a GT update without "various other issues have been addressed" :lol:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.06 Arrives, Fixes Progression Bugs and Issues

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 is now available, bringing with it a raft of changes designed to address some of the bugs encountered by some players since the game’s general launch last week...
The TH8A shifter does in fact work on the PlayStation 5 USB port The thrustmaster T500RS works with my PlayStation 5 and the shifter The top rear USB port is the only port that actually works with the thrustmaster T500RS with the shifter and steering wheel connected to a USB hub 3.0 to the top USB port I don’t care that the wheel doesn’t control my PlayStation 5 console my issue is the PlayStation 5 version of Gran Turismo 7 does not have T500RS button configuration set up like the PlayStation 4 version of the game does I would like an update for support of the T500RS on the PlayStation 5 version of Gran Turismo 7 I am currently playing the PlayStation 4 version of grand Trismo 7 on my PlayStation 5 which my T500RS and Th8a shifter are working perfectly fine via USB I simply need the button support on gran Turismo 7 PlayStation 5 i’ve spent over $800 on my T500RS and I don’t want to be forced to buy a new wheel when mine is working perfectly fine and is still far more superior than most wheels on the market including the ones supported by GT7 I know there is a large community of T500RS users that feel the same way I hope the community supports this and brings attention to polyphony digital/Gran Turismo support we just need an update it does work on the PlayStation 5

Last edited:
Same. Half the time when it's currently actively raining the weather radar shows nothing. Only one time, when it was a very heavy downpour and the water meter on the left was nearly full, did the weather radar cross from the palest blue to a darker blue. I also can't see a way to zoom in or out on the weather radar like it claims you can? Unless I'm dumb. It doesn't seem to make any attempt to show what's happening in different parts of the circuit at all, just sometimes what's happening at your current location covering the entire track.
Push up or down the right stick

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have driven in such rain. The thing is that the reason for not being able to see in such conditions is the rain itself, not the spray. Road cars lift very little water up from the road, race cars with a diffuser are a different thing of course but normal cars with road legal tyres simply aren't capable of it.
I've watched plenty of wet F1 races from the driver cam and those tires can kick up some monster rooster tails of water.

Pretty much confirmed S-5 license is broken as hell.

Cars have incorrect tires, impossible to gold.

This kinds of bugs are embarrassing at this point..

As ludicrous as this sounds, I hope this isn't intentional..

Attachments

• 20220310_202907.jpg
    20220310_202907.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220310_202816.jpg
    20220310_202816.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Well I guess they did promise a return to GT of old, can't beat the classic "put out a patch to fix bugs and introduce new bugs that we have to do a hotfix for".

Apparently it's on all consoles. To be fair, the PS5 was struggling with the particle effects in that one particular rain mission at Tsukuba but that was literally the only instance where it had an issue, and it only dropped by a max of 5 fps. No biggie. And it was temporary, only at the beginning when the pack was tight. To me that does not warrant a reduction, and I don't care how difficult it is to see where I'm going because it's realistic.

Dust in rally is decreased by a big notch... Not sure if smoke from drifting too...
Yes it has tho I didn’t notice it as much in rally but doing burnouts and drifting there is a huge difference and I really don’t like this now lol but seriously it was great having that much smoke!

My TM Evo 6 will not change to a proper sequential when I change to racing transmission not sure what’s happening there but I’ll try a few things to see if it changes it

Hope the fix for dirt tyres comes per hotfix before Weekend Starts. Need the Rally Car from ia license for the next Cafe mission. Dont wanna spend money for a Rally car
For that cafe book (I assume it's the Gr.B menu?), one of them is a road race at Alsace can/must be done in anything with racing tyres below 700pp. That wins you a rally car you can use for the 2 dirt ones if you really want to do them with a rally car.

Thx for your advice. I completed the Menü already. Have ia3 bronce, Others gold and get a Rally car. But your way ist much easier i guess 😅

I feel vindicated in my decision to upgrade the PS4 pro's storage to SSD for GT7 after seeing it download a 1GB patch and completely skip the part where it would normally recopy the entire install to integrate the patch for fragmentation management. I'm glad the PS4's disk management is smart enough to know that's not required for SSD.

I don't know what GT7's loading times are like on a PS4 pro with mechanical drive, but they're certainly respectable with the SSD. If I feel any kind of masochistic urge, I might try installing it on the old HDD and do some comparisons, but right now I'm too busy playing it. Hats off to PD; GT7 is a really solid performer on the PS4 pro. This and the James Webb Space Telescope have been the only things I've been looking forward to this year.

Last edited:
I still have the blank car list setting and can not update changes with new purchase item after 1.06 update . guys help me 😀😀 The car settings not save and the PP won’t change no matter what parts I buy
Deleting the game save files fixed this bug for me before the 1.06 patch on ps4. Have you tried that ?

In the Rollling Stone Mission Challenges the drifting event with the GR.4 Mustang now has RH tires instead of what should be Comfort Tyres according to some YouTube videos. Can even attempt to get the Gold there.

Been thinking about this update all day at work and happy to report that the TH8A shifter and the clutch pedal now work perfectly on my T300 RS. Neither were operational on my PS4 Pro before the update.

Now I just might have to visit Brands Central to scoop that NSX Type R '02...

In the Rollling Stone Mission Challenges the drifting event with the GR.4 Mustang now has RH tires instead of what should be Comfort Tyres according to some YouTube videos. Can even attempt to get the Gold there.
Tried this today and noticed the car had RH. Thought this may have been part of that bug! Might manage more than 1200pts when it gets fixed 😂

Did they nerf cars as well? I've used my Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car to do the Clubman Cup race on High Speed Ring with ease, suddenly today I'm not even able to keep up with any of the opposing cars anymore.

Last edited:

Known Issues [UPDATED: 11 March]​

The following is a list of known issues for Gran Turismo 7.

Multiplayer
 - In the 'Lobby', there have been cases where ‘Preparing’ is displayed on screen but the Host cannot start the race. Having all room members leave and re-entering the room will allow the race to be started;
 - In the 'Lobby', there have been cases where entering the track in Practice does not let you drive and skip directly to the Final Race. In this case, please try to leave and re-enter the room;
 - In a '2P Split Screen' race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings]);
 - In the ‘Lobby’, there have been cases where players in the same room do not appear on the member list or during the race. In this case, an application error will occur when the host starts the race.

Spectate
 - When spectating in the 'Lobby' or 'Meeting Place,' if a player switches the camera target to a car in the pits, then changes back to a car on track, the 3rd Person view becomes unavailable. Leaving the 'Spectate' mode once will solve the issue.

Livery Editor
 - Decals cannot be applied to the left front fender of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)'16 livery. As a temporary workaround, changing the current car to the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)'16 and selecting 'Save Style' from [GT Auto] > [Car Customisation] will allow for the livery to be created normally;
 - In some cases, all applied decals may be missing when you open Livery data from [Open Design] > [Design List]. If this occurs, restarting 'Gran Turismo 7' without editing or saving the design may solve it.

Licences / Missions / Circuit Experiences
 - In certain events within Licences, Missions, and Circuit Experience, the required tyres are not equipped on the vehicle and as a consequence those events become very difficult to clear. The following is a list of events where this issue occurs:

■ Licences
 [A-8] Dirt Driving: Beginner
 [IB-5] Dirt Driving: Intermediate
 [IA-3] Dirt Driving: Expert
 [S-5] One Lap Time Attack

■ Missions
 The Magic Mountain
  ・Jeep Night Safari

Beyond the Horizon
  ・Beginner Drifting 1
  ・American Wilderness

Rolling Stone
  ・Beginner Drifting 2

Moby Dick
  ・Pylon Cone Knockdown 2
  ・Intermediate Drifting 1

Gone with the Wind
  ・Divine moves on the Spa
  ・Intermediate Drifting 2

The Sun Also Rises
  ・The White Winged Beast
  ・Expert Drifting

■ Circuit Experiences
 Colorado Springs
 Fishermans Ranch
 Sardegna - Windmills

Those issues are planned to be solved with a future update.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back