Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, no, they really can't. Specially not when it takes them 6 months to model a car, they can't waste that many resources on a meme.
How is it important that it takes 6 months to model a car?
Out of 54 cars in updates, you have a a ton of "controversial" choices, between VGTs, ugly vans, an ambulance, a boring Mazda, a few duplicates.
Controversial as in cars you don’t personally like? And what “ugly vans” did they add to the game?
All that, while we still don't have a single Bentley, Opel, Cadillac, Koenigsegg, Tommy Kaira, Lotus, and so.
Those cars would not be controversial because you happen to like them?

How is it important that it takes 6 months to model a car?

Controversial as in cars you don’t personally like? And what “ugly vans” did they add to the game?

Those cars would not be controversial because you happen to like them?
On the modelling point it doesn't take 6 months to model a car, it takes 6 man months which makes sense when you consider that the texture team, the cad team, the physics team, the marketing team, the legal team etc can largely work in parallel.

Where the blocker is always going to be is in the special stuff they want to laser scan but in theory they could get round that with higher poly cad models from the manufacturers.

With all this stuff dependent on the licensee having to sign off and they have their own marketing, legal, brand teams etc is where I imagine the real bottleneck is. Add in the time it takes to pick the cars, negotiate the deal, code the physics etc.

Actually digitising them is the relatively trivial part....

Meanwhile, a new Forza will release soon, with more cars at launch than GT7 after 15 months of updates, and that game will still get new content faster that GT7 does. So yeah, GT7 with too many flaws, and content updates that can be very disappointing, it's a recipe for disaster.

On the other hand… New Forza has only 20 tracks vs 37 in GT7. Without Nordshleife… and i doubt they will keep up with tracks with GT7 in this ;)

All that, while we still don't have a single Bentley, Opel, Cadillac, Koenigsegg, Tommy Kaira, Lotus, and so.
Do you think PD purposefully go out of their way to avoid these car brands? Or do you think there's more of a licensing issue going on?
Meanwhile, a new Forza will release soon, with more cars at launch than GT7 after 15 months of updates, and that game will still get new content faster that GT7 does.
A good chunk of that game will still be using car models from 2011 or earlier. And there's a decent chance they'll hold back perfectly decent car models in order to sell them back to you later... just like Horizon 5.

A good chunk of that game will still be using car models from 2011 or earlier. And there's a decent chance they'll hold back perfectly decent car models in order to sell them back to you later... just like Horizon 5.
This is very true actually, or at least it has been for all Forza titles released in the last 10 years or so, and it baffles me that so few are bothered.

Last edited:
I play almost exclusively on online lobbies and I have seen the Alphard used a factor of a hundred times more than the Chiron and Valkyrie, which fits in your definition of "modern cars" that apparently everyone is clamouring for? What's the deal with that then?
Additionally, number of pages in livery search for cars added in past four content updates as of this writing:

C1: 20
MC20: 26
HiMedic: 30
(No data is available for the GR Corolla as it's not yet out.)

Evo 3: 24
GD Blobeye: 35
Valkyrie: 21

R32 NISMO: 38
Giulia: 25
GAC Maverick: 34

SF23 Honda: 45
SF23 Toyota: 33
AMG GT3 Evo: 66
XJ220: 27
(Combined, both SF23s have 78 pages of liveries.)

Last edited:
Additionally, number of pages in livery search for cars added in past four content updates as of this writing:

Damn, 34 pages for the Maverick is actually surprising.
That car seems a bit of a sleeper - noone was interested in it but in the end it's actually quite popular.

This is actually a pretty decent way to figure out what the community finds popular. I wonder if somebody would make a full list of how many pages each car has. (although it seems to top out at 100)

Meanwhile, a new Forza will release soon, with more cars at launch than GT7 after 15 months of updates, and that game will still get new content faster that GT7 does. So yeah, GT7 with too many flaws, and content updates that can be very disappointing, it's a recipe for disaster.

"Over 500 cars" from fm vs 478 from gt7. Huge diference..
Fm7 isn't a great example when it comes to post launch content as it didnt have any new tracks or new races since launch (only car packs).
And fm7 launched with more than 700 cars, so there was a 200 car cut in the the new forza. Think about that.
And all forza games give you double credits with the deluxe edition, witch can be viewed as an unfair advantage (imagine everytime you beat le mans or tokyo and get your 825k , I did the same and got 1,65M just cause I bought the deluxe edition).
If you are expecting the new forza to be this super racing game that will stomp gt7 and show PD what a real racing game is, you will probably be in for dissapointment.

This is actually a pretty decent way to figure out what the community finds popular. I wonder if somebody would make a full list of how many pages each car has. (although it seems to top out at 100)
Well, I just done that table for all the DLC cars (as of August 26, 2023, and excluding the GR Corolla as it's not yet out):
1693060933643.png

(In update release order)
1693060998734.png

Well, I just done that table for all the DLC cars (as of August 26, 2023, and excluding the GR Corolla as it's not yet out):
View attachment 1282932

View attachment 1282933
Jeez, the Alphard is getting a lot of love from the wider community. Just goes to show that the takes you see here have very little to do with how most of the community sees these cars.

Last edited:
View attachment 1282932

View attachment 1282933
It's worth noting that four of the six most featured cars, by number of pages, in the livery search are racing cars; another, the Ford Sierra, I imagine has many pages of replica liveries (having featured in Gr. A races); the real exception is the Alphard.

The statistic becomes more interesting if we extend it to the ten cars (actually thirteen, because there is a tie in tenth place) most featured in the livery search: in this case, six out of thirteen cars are racing cars, then there are the aforementioned Ford Sierra and Toyota Alphard, the Giulia GTAm, the BMW M2, the Porsche Cayman GT4 and the Corvette C8 (and I imagine all these cars had many pages of replica liveries too) and one Kei Car, the Suzuki Cappuccino.

1693070197095.png

It seems to me that a lot of attention is actually paid by community to racing cars, as well as to those road cars that, with some modifications, can reproduce racing cars (for example, the Corvette C8 with the parts available in GT Auto can become similar to the C8.R GTE; just as the BMW M2 could become very similar to the M2 CS and the Giulia GTAm could become a plausible Gr. 4), also great racing classics (such as the Ford Sierra RS500 Gr. A). The real exceptions are the Toyota Alphard and Suzuki Cappuccino.

Last edited:
The Impreza is also quite high up on the list given how recently it came out, which jives with @GT PRO-AM's thoughts above as I'm guessing a lot of those are rally replicas.
That's true, considering that the Impreza was released recently, if it was released several months ago, I think it would be much higher up on the list.

Last edited:
Racing Modifications are one of the most lauded things from the early GT games, so it definitely checks out. The act of turning a road car into a race car embodies the spirit of GT through and through, so everything there makes sense to be where it is.

In that sense, I think the main thing that PD should take away is to give us the option to increase the fuel capacity of road cars to match race cars, and to give us (at least a basic) interior overhaul to complete the transformation :P

Racing Modifications are one of the most lauded things from the early GT games, so it definitely checks out. The act of turning a road car into a race car embodies the spirit of GT through and through, so everything there makes sense to be where it is.

In that sense, I think the main thing that PD should take away is to give us the option to increase the fuel capacity of road cars to match race cars, and to give us (at least a basic) interior overhaul to complete the transformation :P
Shift 2 pulled it off pretty well with the Works kits.

[chart]
[chart]
This is excellent. I was not expecting the BRZ GT300 to be so high up the order, but it has been in the game for quite some time now.

I am curious about the number of liveries made per month since being added in the game - since it might more accurately reflect consistent popularity or interest. Method still has limitations and possible bias towards more recent additions.

Edit: Livery pages I mean. Takes less time.
But if we know how many liveries fit on a single page, we would only need to look at the last one for the exact number.

Last edited:
For sure, my Sierra(not just real world liveries, but replicas from Project Cars 2), M2 and Cappuccino, have the most liveries of my DLC cars.
I'm pretty sure I downloaded some of your liveries for Sierra, M2 and other cars (for example for Toyota Supra Gr. 4, the Green Brave Super Taikyu livery). All great liveries.

Last edited:
View attachment 1282932

View attachment 1282933
The numbers on the HiMedic are also impressive considering it’s only been in the game for 2-3 weeks, and only accessible to people that did the stream tie-in. I’m really curious how this will look by the time it’s available in brand central.

Higher quantities on race cars make sense since the cars only come in their base 1-3 schemes, and people will want to stand out in sport mode. Plus there’s so many IRL liveries out there, especially in GT3 and GT4, and lots of historic recreations.

I’d imagine cars with the most liveries also have a lot of IRL pop culture and/or Motorsports history behind them (i.e. R34/Supra from F&F and NFS, Porsche GT3’s have decades of famous winning liveries), but I don’t know if it’s necessarily 1:1 on popularity of use for driving. It certainly will show how many people are ready to pick up those cars to at least create with them, but the actual like and share tallies may more accurately indicate how much people are actively snapping them up and driving them.

In general I think it’d be cool if PD would do a monthly community stat page (or let’s be real - any basic community interaction) for miles driven, most purchased car, and most driven car both overall and in separate categories like Sport Mode, Open Lobby, World Circuit event races, and offline Arcade/Custom races.

The numbers on the HiMedic are also impressive considering it’s only been in the game for 2-3 weeks, and only accessible to people that did the stream tie-in. I’m really curious how this will look by the time it’s available in brand central.

Higher quantities on race cars make sense since the cars only come in their base 1-3 schemes, and people will want to stand out in sport mode. Plus there’s so many IRL liveries out there, especially in GT3 and GT4, and lots of historic recreations.

I’d imagine cars with the most liveries also have a lot of IRL pop culture and/or Motorsports history behind them (i.e. R34/Supra from F&F and NFS, Porsche GT3’s have decades of famous winning liveries), but I don’t know if it’s necessarily 1:1 on popularity of use for driving. It certainly will show how many people are ready to pick up those cars to at least create with them, but the actual like and share tallies may more accurately indicate how much people are actively snapping them up and driving them.

In general I think it’d be cool if PD would do a monthly community stat page (or let’s be real - any basic community interaction) for miles driven, most purchased car, and most driven car both overall and in separate categories like Sport Mode, Open Lobby, World Circuit event races, and offline Arcade/Custom races.
We used to get in-game car sales stats for Toyotas, but that’s since stopped. Been wishing we could see sales for all cars.

The car has no value other than the troll/quirky aspect of it, for a racing game.
What's wrong with quirky vehicles? Don't you want to have a laugh and some fun? Why be so serious every time you play a racing game? Taking things seriously can lead to a lot of stress (Trust me, I know what that's like and it is detrimental) so driving an ambulance around a race track is a great way to get rid of that.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong in having quirky vehicles in racing games but I'd rather see an ambulance in a game a la wreckfest or midtown madness, games that do not consider themselves as serious...
To me this ambulance feels out of place in a game as serious as a Gran Turismo wants to be (can you imagine a round of the GT World Series where the participants are driving this kind of cars instead of their perpetual Gr.3 ?), same thing can be said for the jeep, but this one, and the kubbelwagen in past games, had, at least, specific events to justify their presence in their respective games

Latest Posts

Back