Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what to make of GT anymore man. GT Sport feels more like seven than 7 itself :boggled:
Nah I have far more fun in 7 than I ever had in Sport. The events people love to talk about in Sport were all chase the rabbit rubbish, so I don't think there's much value to them anyway.

There's no other sim where I can race stuff like this with my friends,
1693138786857.png

Or make stuff like this and take it to the track;

1693138817624.png

With the tools that 7 provides you, I enjoy it nowadays more than I enjoy 4 and 2, and those are my long-time favourites. It's all there for you. They just didn't do a great job putting it together.

Nah I have far more fun in 7 than I ever had in Sport. The events people love to talk about in Sport were all chase the rabbit rubbish, so I don't think there's much value to them anyway.

There's no other sim where I can race stuff like this with my friends,

With the tools that 7 provides you, I enjoy it nowadays more than I enjoy 4 and 2, and those are my long-time favourites. It's all there for you. They just didn't do a great job putting it together.
I understand where you're coming from, but it's just a lazy move by PD to force players to create their own content, whereas previous titles had proper events and career tracking. Now there's no incentive to win all races as there is no completion.

To me 7 is just a sandbox game.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's just a lazy move by PD to force players to create their own content, whereas previous titles had proper events and career tracking. Now there's no incentive to win all races as there is no completion.

It is a shame, but I've just accepted at this point that it is what it is and just cast out to have fun in my own ways.
7 has the benefit of having easily the best driving in the entire franchise, and (in my opinion) rivals some of the nicest feeling sims out there; which means that in lieu of its shortcomings, it still feels damn good to hit the road, so I just make use of that.

As you say, I see it as a sandbox too, but I think with what PD has offered there's honestly not much choice in that matter lol.

What worries me is we haven't even gotten a hint of things to come, aside from the 1h endurances. They promised us endurances but that's all we got, and that was also the last time new missions were added. All the updates so far have been carbon copies of previous ones: cars, sometimes tracks, bug and physics fixes, and some scapes and menu books. That's seriously it.

Not even remotely similar. GT7 is an actual sim that lets you do this.

AC is a 10 year old sim that you have to mod just to have a variety of cars. The tuning and designing never comes into play.

Not to mention 90% of the mods suck.
You're right they're not similar. AC is miles better. I don't know if we can even categorize GT7 as a sim but why not. Yes, AC is 10 years old and still does plenty better than GT7. AC is modable, of course, like other sims that we have. That doesn't take it out of contention. It exists as it exists. You can mod it just like I can, there's no exclusive difference to anyone. Now if you were to say that only on console such and such game does this or that, then it would be a little more true.
90% of the mods do not suck. I have just under 1000 tracks after deleting everything that I remotely thought was not up to todays standers. 2700 cars. Full teams F1 seasons, year after year. Every car racing class existing. And to talk about oddities, it has those in spades. All I'm answering to is the statement of "There's no other sim where I can race stuff like this with my friends". All I'm saying is that there is.

All I'm answering to is the statement of "There's no other sim where I can race stuff like this with my friends". All I'm saying is that there is.

Show me a tuned S Barker Tourer and a tuned and designed Gazoo Alphard in modded Assetto Corsa and maybe I'll believe you. Although do I get to race those before or after I sort through thousands of mods just to have a coherent gaming experience?

For the record, I've over 300 hours in AC - I don't think the physics are very good and it's shortcomings in the physics model are abhorrent and to me, it ranks far below GT7 in terms of driving. It's not a fun experience.
GT7 sits happily in the pile of games that people call "sims" - I will never back down from that.

Last edited:
Show me a tuned S Barker Tourer and a tuned and designed Gazoo Alphard in modded Assetto Corsa and maybe I'll believe you. Although do I get to race those before or after I sort through thousands of mods just to have a coherent gaming experience?

For the record, I've over 300 hours in AC - I don't think the physics are very good and it's shortcomings in the physics model are abhorrent and to me, it ranks far below GT7 in terms of driving. It's not a fun experience.
GT7 sits happily in the pile of games that people call "sims" - I will never back down from that.
There are plenty of modded everythings in AC. The difference is you have to have a different car that's built to that spec and not just upgrade tune one singular car. But people buy multiples of one car to keep stock and tuned versions so in the end whats really the difference. Plus you can have every bodykit imaginable. The amount of different Supras or Skylines is mind boggling. AC is a pretty good driving experience, kinda the reason it's held up for so long. It's a little dated. The tire modeling isn't as good as some of the newer sims coming out. But it's good.
It's pretty hard to call GT7 a sim in this day and age of what we have. I mean they're not even simulating tire pressures or tire temps. Track temps, racing groove and rubber. It's not worth going on. It's funny because the guy that narrates the broadcasts for these "world championships", Jimmy Broadbent, puts up video after video on Assetto Corsa and doesn't even play GT7/ 🤷‍♂️

If you're having fun with it then good. It can have it's moments. Every month or so I turn it on and give it a go. It is pretty much the only option if your on controller and obviously the only option to do stuff like this if you only have a playstation. A few days ago I had a pretty good custom race at Grand Valley. I was rather surprised.

There are plenty of modded everythings in AC. The difference is you have to have a different car that's built to that spec and not just upgrade tune one singular car. But people buy multiples of one car to keep stock and tuned versions so in the end whats really the difference. Plus you can have every bodykit imaginable. The amount of different Supras or Skylines is mind boggling. AC is a pretty good driving experience, kinda the reason it's held up for so long. It's a little dated. The tire modeling isn't as good as some of the newer sims coming out. But it's good.
It's pretty hard to call GT7 a sim in this day and age of what we have. I mean they're not even simulating tire pressures or tire temps. Track temps, racing groove and rubber. It's not worth going on.
What are you on about?
Tyre temperatures, track temperatures and a racing line are all modelled in the game. The telemetry exists for them.
You can even watch the outside of the track pick up marbles as a race goes on.

If missing other little things makes a game not a sim, then I suppose iRacing isn't a sim either, as fuel usage in that game is only tracked by the basic throttle position and short shifting etc. has no impact.

And Jimmy has said multiple times he is a PC gamer, doesn't have the PS5 set up because of that - but has also said that it's a close experience to other sims. It can't be that bad, else I'm sure Super GT would be binning it constantly now he went from GT7 to real racing.

I seriously dont understand the point of you hopping into a thread of another ( better ;) ) game just to sell me on modded AC whilst your talking points on GT7 are all demonstrably false. Why even bother?

Last edited:
This is very true actually, or at least it has been for all Forza titles released in the last 10 years or so, and it baffles me that so few are bothered.

Apart from the ones they add for free every month, and have only just started to sell car parks to customers after two years, and all of the included cars have been first time entrants to the series?

If the custom races had higher payouts I genuinely wouldn't need anymore events to be added, the custom races are probably some of the best racing i've had in the GT series period but the payouts are extremely poor.

As mentioned the tools to make your own ideas are there but didn't have much thought added to them.

If the custom races had higher payouts I genuinely wouldn't need anymore events to be added, the custom races are probably some of the best racing i've had in the GT series period but the payouts are extremely poor.

As mentioned the tools to make your own ideas are there but didn't have much thought added to them.
It takes some time...but once you have most of the cars you like in your garage, the low payout in custom races don't matter that much anymore...but obviously those payouts are a bad joke

As someone who has done every single one of these events (and has the Youtube account to prove it), I absolutely agree. With PD still not doing anything on their own to make the AI any better, who would want ANY of those events back? If PD does bring back actual endurance races, they need way better AI as PCARS 2 basically spoiled me with having challenging AI for a long race as opposed to just doing hot laps for 24 hours straight.

Last edited:
but it's just a lazy move by PD to force players to create their own content
doesnt matter what PD do, there will always be a barrage of complaints regarding what they could've/should've done. so they left it up to the experts who play the game to make what they want.. either way they'll get complaints.

Keeping in mind that I’m an everlasting PD-lover; I really think that the gap-timing of the July-August-September updates, the general ho-hum content they delivered, and the copy/paste daily races the last 2 and maybe 3 weeks…

I really think the late September update is going to be a doozy. I have a hunch that the last 2 daily races updates have been copy-paste because the team that comes up with and QC’s them, have been fine-tuning the SP events we’re about to get.

When Forza gets launched in early October, it’s going to be measured broadly against what GT7 currently is - as opposed to how GT7 launched. Sure, there will be outlets that compare both titles against one another on how they launched (this site no doubt being one of them). But in reality, it won’t matter how bad GT7 was at launch.

I’m thinking we’ll get at least one new track, an endurance series, the LFA, QOL improvements for VR, and we’ll see the return of Sophy. And a new FIA season will get announced

Last edited:
What are you on about?
Tyre temperatures, track temperatures and a racing line are all modelled in the game. The telemetry exists for them.
You can even watch the outside of the track pick up marbles as a race goes on.
And still the game doesn't let us adjust tire pressure. One of the most basic things you can do to tune a car.

No they didn't, which is a shame but there is still plenty of fun to be had.
And still the game doesn't let us adjust tire pressure. One of the most basic things you can do to tune a car.
Only because PD can't be bothered with a proper tyre model.

The game doesn't exactly do a good job at displaying your tire temps either.

Or any kind of telemetry data.
There is telemetry data but most of it is hidden unfortunately

Last edited:
Logged in a little before 7am BST and don't see the Corolla anywhere, only my 1 million credits earned yesterday in the Gazoo GT Cup. Glitch??

Back