Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.36 Now Available: Adds Four Cars Including GR Corolla

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,229 comments

What's your favorite car in 1.36 (by any criteria you wish)?

• Chevrolet Corvette C1 '58

Votes: 50 20.1%
  • Maserati MC20 '20

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Toyota GR Corolla Morizo '22

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Toyota Himedic Ambulance '21

Votes: 72 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To my surprise, I got both cars(Corrolla, and Gr1 hybrid), and couldn't even participate. I haven't had ps+ since last November. Maybe because I attempted to sign up?

Last edited:
Waiting for the BTCC liveries for the Corolla... And then maybe some good setups.

More generally, does anyone have setups for some cars, to make them like BTCC or TCR race cars?

How is it important that it takes 6 months to model a car?
Because spending 6 months worth of resources in something nobody asked for, is wasting resources. PD isn't fast enough to model cars that a huge percentage of the players want, so it makes no sense to model cars just for the sake funny memes.

Controversial as in cars you don’t personally like? And what “ugly vans” did they add to the game?
Controversial as in cars that don't fit the theme of the game, nor have any historical significance, nor are fun to drive, nor are special in anyway. The Alphard is the ugly van.

Those cars would not be controversial because you happen to like them?
I mentioned brands, but sure. If you think adding one car from brands that are not in the game yet, would be as much or more controversial, than adding a random Toyota ambulance, you are just delusional. Even brands that are in the game, you could get plenty of cars that would not be controversial at all. From Toyota, the GT-One.

On the other hand… New Forza has only 20 tracks vs 37 in GT7. Without Nordshleife… and i doubt they will keep up with tracks with GT7 in this ;)
Sure, no game is perfect. But we don't know how fast or slow they will drop content for the game as far as tracks go. Wouldn't be surprised either if after 2 years, both games had a similar amount of tracks.

Do you think PD purposefully go out of their way to avoid these car brands? Or do you think there's more of a licensing issue going on?
PD goes out of their way most likely, AKA doesn't bother. There's no chance that every single one of those doesn't have cars in GT7, because of licensing. We are not talking about a couple of brands. Ascari, Acura, Bentley, Buick, Cadillac, Caterham, Chrysler, Cupra/Seat, Dome, Donkervoort, FPV, Fisker, HSV/Holedn, Gordon Murray, Gumpert, Hennessey, Isuzu, Italdesign, Kia, Koenigsegg, LCC, Land Rover, Lotus, Lynk Co., MG, Marcos, Mercury, Morgan, Noble, Opel, Panoz, Pescarolo, Pininfarina, Polestar, Proto Motors, Rimac, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saleen, Singer, Skoda, Smart, Spyker, Tommy Kaira, Triumph, Volvo, Wiesmann, Zagato, Zenvo.

And I'm sure I missed a few others. And I'm not even counting the brands that are in the game, that have a pretty underwhelming selection of cars.

A good chunk of that game will still be using car models from 2011 or earlier. And there's a decent chance they'll hold back perfectly decent car models in order to sell them back to you later... just like Horizon 5.
How do you know? Haven't they been replacing older models (quality wise) in subsequent games? The whole "holding back" thing, does it count if they fully remodel the car? I mean, GTS had everything remodeled, hence why the low car count in the beginning.

Damn, 34 pages for the Maverick is actually surprising.
That car seems a bit of a sleeper - noone was interested in it but in the end it's actually quite popular.
The Maverick was always decently popular, being a unique muscle car outside of the typical Ford/Chevy/Dodge trio. Being a cool looking car also helps.

Jeez, the Alphard is getting a lot of love from the wider community. Just goes to show that the takes you see here have very little to do with how most of the community sees these cars.
Cap. The livery making community is not the "wider community". Many liveries are posted by the same people.
The Alphard itself, is "popular" for two main reasons: for the meme/troll value (FakeTaxi, pedo vans, anime, and many other types of liveries) and for the size of the thing, having a lot of surface to work with. It's not because the car is cool, or good to drive, it's because it works as a giant moving billboard.

This is actually a pretty decent way to figure out what the community finds popular. I wonder if somebody would make a full list of how many pages each car has. (although it seems to top out at 100)
It's actually not. There's no real way to measure the popularity of a car in the game, if their cost is massively different. Is the 250 GTO not popular? No, it's just too expensive to be affordable to most of the community. And this is without counting the limited availability of certain cars (specially those that need invites to be bought, and cars in the LCD). Lack of offline events is also a factor. In online lobbies, you are likely to find PP and/or HP limites, to avoid trolls with the Tomahawk X, which in many cases ends up making a tuned Bugatti Chiron to be out due to those limitations. The Chiron being so dominant in straight line as road cars go, also reduces its chance to be allowed in some drag racing/top speed servers.

It should be interesting if those who are doing the research for the amount of livery pages the update cars have, that they did the same, but comparing apples to apples. AMG GT S vs AMG GT Safety Car, Toyota Crown vs Crown Safety Car, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if the safety cars had a lot more pages, and that would prove that it's not about popularity of the car for racing/driving, is just the type of car gives you a theme to make a livery for. The same way that, if you added a Ford Crown Victoria, it would probably have more liveries than any other Ford in the game.

Also also, certain cars get a ton of liveries/paint schemes made for them

What's wrong with quirky vehicles? Don't you want to have a laugh and some fun? Why be so serious every time you play a racing game? Taking things seriously can lead to a lot of stress (Trust me, I know what that's like and it is detrimental) so driving an ambulance around a race track is a great way to get rid of that.
There's nothing wrong with them. What's wrong is that PD is too slow at modeling cars, to make them a priority, simple. The fun you have by driving the ambulance, you can get by driving virtually anything else. The fun you have driving a certain dream cars, you can't get any other way. At the end of the day, gaming is meant to allow you to experience something you can only do in dreams or watch in the third person.

Now what is done is done, the ambulance is already in the game. Now I just hope they get back on track by modeling highly requested cars.

And still the game doesn't let us adjust tire pressure. One of the most basic things you can do to tune a car.
I'd just be happy if PD let us see (visually) tire temps and brake temps. I know IRL most racers don't have access to this data, however IRL a driver can also tell when tires and brakes are overheating from feedback.

Because spending 6 months worth of resources in something nobody asked for, is wasting resources. PD isn't fast enough to model cars that a huge percentage of the players want, so it makes no sense to model cars just for the sake funny memes.

Controversial as in cars that don't fit the theme of the game, nor have any historical significance, nor are fun to drive, nor are special in anyway. The Alphard is the ugly van.

I mentioned brands, but sure. If you think adding one car from brands that are not in the game yet, would be as much or more controversial, than adding a random Toyota ambulance, you are just delusional. Even brands that are in the game, you could get plenty of cars that would not be controversial at all. From Toyota, the GT-One.

Sure, no game is perfect. But we don't know how fast or slow they will drop content for the game as far as tracks go. Wouldn't be surprised either if after 2 years, both games had a similar amount of tracks.

PD goes out of their way most likely, AKA doesn't bother. There's no chance that every single one of those doesn't have cars in GT7, because of licensing. We are not talking about a couple of brands. Ascari, Acura, Bentley, Buick, Cadillac, Caterham, Chrysler, Cupra/Seat, Dome, Donkervoort, FPV, Fisker, HSV/Holedn, Gordon Murray, Gumpert, Hennessey, Isuzu, Italdesign, Kia, Koenigsegg, LCC, Land Rover, Lotus, Lynk Co., MG, Marcos, Mercury, Morgan, Noble, Opel, Panoz, Pescarolo, Pininfarina, Polestar, Proto Motors, Rimac, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saleen, Singer, Skoda, Smart, Spyker, Tommy Kaira, Triumph, Volvo, Wiesmann, Zagato, Zenvo.

And I'm sure I missed a few others. And I'm not even counting the brands that are in the game, that have a pretty underwhelming selection of cars.

How do you know? Haven't they been replacing older models (quality wise) in subsequent games? The whole "holding back" thing, does it count if they fully remodel the car? I mean, GTS had everything remodeled, hence why the low car count in the beginning.

The Maverick was always decently popular, being a unique muscle car outside of the typical Ford/Chevy/Dodge trio. Being a cool looking car also helps.

Cap. The livery making community is not the "wider community". Many liveries are posted by the same people.
The Alphard itself, is "popular" for two main reasons: for the meme/troll value (FakeTaxi, pedo vans, anime, and many other types of liveries) and for the size of the thing, having a lot of surface to work with. It's not because the car is cool, or good to drive, it's because it works as a giant moving billboard.

It's actually not. There's no real way to measure the popularity of a car in the game, if their cost is massively different. Is the 250 GTO not popular? No, it's just too expensive to be affordable to most of the community. And this is without counting the limited availability of certain cars (specially those that need invites to be bought, and cars in the LCD). Lack of offline events is also a factor. In online lobbies, you are likely to find PP and/or HP limites, to avoid trolls with the Tomahawk X, which in many cases ends up making a tuned Bugatti Chiron to be out due to those limitations. The Chiron being so dominant in straight line as road cars go, also reduces its chance to be allowed in some drag racing/top speed servers.

It should be interesting if those who are doing the research for the amount of livery pages the update cars have, that they did the same, but comparing apples to apples. AMG GT S vs AMG GT Safety Car, Toyota Crown vs Crown Safety Car, and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if the safety cars had a lot more pages, and that would prove that it's not about popularity of the car for racing/driving, is just the type of car gives you a theme to make a livery for. The same way that, if you added a Ford Crown Victoria, it would probably have more liveries than any other Ford in the game.

Also also, certain cars get a ton of liveries/paint schemes made for them

There's nothing wrong with them. What's wrong is that PD is too slow at modeling cars, to make them a priority, simple. The fun you have by driving the ambulance, you can get by driving virtually anything else. The fun you have driving a certain dream cars, you can't get any other way. At the end of the day, gaming is meant to allow you to experience something you can only do in dreams or watch in the third person.

Now what is done is done, the ambulance is already in the game. Now I just hope they get back on track by modeling highly requested cars.
1693334902600.png

Now what is done is done, the ambulance is already in the game. Now I just hope they get back on track by modeling highly requested cars
We are not talking about a couple of brands. Ascari, Acura, Bentley, Buick, Cadillac, Caterham, Chrysler, Cupra/Seat, Dome, Donkervoort, FPV, Fisker, HSV/Holedn, Gordon Murray, Gumpert, Hennessey, Isuzu, Italdesign, Kia, Koenigsegg, LCC, Land Rover, Lotus, Lynk Co., MG, Marcos, Mercury, Morgan, Noble, Opel, Panoz, Pescarolo, Pininfarina, Polestar, Proto Motors, Rimac, Rolls Royce, Saab, Saleen, Singer, Skoda, Smart, Spyker, Tommy Kaira, Triumph, Volvo, Wiesmann, Zagato, Zenvo.
Ok so again, you don't like the ambulance and that's your only argument. As if half of these brands would serve the community any better than how popular the Alphard and Himedic actually are lol. Donkervoort???? Lynk Co???

You and I both know you'd moan like anything if they added a random Lynk Co car. This is seriously what you want? Judging by your hatred for the Alphard and Himedic, I'd be very surprised.

1693334991392.png

To top it off with "The fun you have by driving the ambulance, you can get by driving virtually anything else." is absolutely baffling and an absolute tell that you either have no idea what you're talking about or haven't even driven the ambulance - because that car handles like nothing else in any sim and requires a unique touch to drive fast, being the heaviest vehicle in the game whilst on such a low amount of power.

I've said it before, but that alone means this type of car is a masterclass in driving using momentum preservation rather than outright pace - and no, you cannot match that with anything else in the game. Maybe try it before you write essays on why it's useless? Tends to help.

Last edited:
Because spending 6 months worth of resources in something nobody asked for, is wasting resources.
The ambulance seems quite popular. Sure, nobody may have asked for it, but why is that important? How many people asked for the Maserati MC20? Is that car also a waste of resources?
PD isn't fast enough to model cars that a huge percentage of the players want, so it makes no sense to model cars just for the sake funny memes.
What makes you think that they added it for the sake of funny memes?
Controversial as in cars that don't fit the theme of the game, nor have any historical significance, nor are fun to drive, nor are special in anyway.
The game is literally about cars. There’s no car that doesn’t fit the theme of the game.
The Alphard is the ugly van.
So why the plural s? Typo?
I mentioned brands, but sure. If you think adding one car from brands that are not in the game yet, would be as much or more controversial, than adding a random Toyota ambulance, you are just delusional.
By your own definition of “controversial car”, the ambulance seems less controversial than some random Opel.
Even brands that are in the game, you could get plenty of cars that would not be controversial at all. From Toyota, the GT-One.
You’re assuming that everyone is nostalgic about that car because it was in the early GT games. But many players have probably not even heard about it before and would probably much rather have a new GT3 car or whatever is on their own wish list.

Last edited:
How do you know? Haven't they been replacing older models (quality wise) in subsequent games? The whole "holding back" thing, does it count if they fully remodel the car?
Nope! I mean, the detail for each car model brought back from the X360 days are more detailed for sure, but they were so no complete remodels. They're still using essentially the same models from the original Xbox and X360 days for a lot of the cars brought back and just updating the details from there versus actually rebuilding the model from the ground up properly.

and some of these car models done this way in Forza were terrible (not in detail, but in model proportions). To name a few, the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, S15 Nissan Silvia, Toyota MR2 SW20, Subaru Impreza 22B, Dodge Viper GTS ACR 1999, and BMW M3 e30.

Last edited:
Ok so again, you don't like the ambulance and that's your only argument. As if half of these brands would serve the community any better than how popular the Alphard and Himedic actually are lol. Donkervoort???? Lynk Co???

You and I both know you'd moan like anything if they added a random Lynk Co car. This is seriously what you want? Judging by your hatred for the Alphard and Himedic, I'd be very surprised.

View attachment 1283701

To top it off with "The fun you have by driving the ambulance, you can get by driving virtually anything else." is absolutely baffling and an absolute tell that you either have no idea what you're talking about or haven't even driven the ambulance - because that car handles like nothing else in any sim and requires a unique touch to drive fast, being the heaviest vehicle in the game whilst on such a low amount of power.

I've said it before, but that alone means this type of car is a masterclass in driving using momentum preservation rather than outright pace - and no, you cannot match that with anything else in the game. Maybe try it before you write essays on why it's useless? Tends to help.
Funny that your only take from a brand like Lync Co. is an SUV.

Maybe next time, before responding, make a little research.
https://www.planetcarsz.com/assets/uploads/2019/03/LYNK CO 03 CYAN CONCEPT 2019 003.jpg

And cherry picking one brand out of 46 or 47 or whatever (and I forgot Cizeta) just shows how unconfident you are on what you're saying. Plus, what's up with Donkervoort? Wait, are you going against one of the things that made GT games popular, the fact that they introduced to players, brands that they may never and would never, have heard about? Hmmmmm how the turns have tabled 🤔

Oh so now we have a weight criteria as a reason to add a car into a game. If so, why not an M1 Abrams? Funny how a heavy sluggish car like a Chiron is a bad thing, but an even heavier and even more sluggish one like an ambulance is fine. I remember seeing here in this very forum, people bashing cars like a BMW M5 and Audi RS7 and similar cars for not being suitable for this game, because they were too heavy, and PD was giving priority to lighter and cars considered "driver's cars".

Nice, the mature response I was looking for. Have a wonderful day. :D

I'm going to send PD an e-mail every single day, from different e-mail addresses, requesting they add a full-size fire truck, just for you.
Ow, how nice of you, that you even think about me when sending PD your personal wishlist. Good for you. :cheers:

The ambulance seems quite popular. Sure, nobody may have asked for it, but why is that important? How many people asked for the Maserati MC20? Is that car also a waste of resources?
Does it? Popular to who? The trolls in GTP? The casual fanbase, are they over the moon, or better, did they come back to the game because of the ambulance? I don't have any doubt that if you added an Harry Potter magic wand to Battlefield 5, it would be very popular for a while. It doesn't mean it makes sense to add it to that type of game.

As for the MC20. Are you serious? Less than a day after it was revealed, it was already being asked to be added to the game. If you think no one asked for it, you are just delusional.

What makes you think that they added it for the sake of funny memes?
Tell me another reason for them to add it (other than being a Toyota, of course). It is more likely that they pulled it's name out of a hat.
The game is literally about cars. There’s no car that doesn’t fit the theme of the game.
Sure, and because it's about cars, should they just throw out the window any criteria on what they choose to model? Once again, as I said before, it's about priorities. Having nearly 1000 cars, and adding an ambulance in the middle, fine. Not being even close to that, with straight up icons waiting to be added, it just leaves a bad taste.

So why the plural s? Typo?
Yes and no. Used it more as a generalisation. I didn't mean as if there were multiple vans.

By your own definition of “controversial car”, the ambulance seems less controversial than some random Opel.
But why random? I don't do random. I didn't pick 40-something random brands for the sake of argument. I precisely chose them based on cars that I think it would be cool to have in game. And having very varied taste in cars, I could name 1000 cars or more that could be in the game. I use a specific set of criteria to help narrowing the list to that number.

As Opel goes, off the top of my head, I could think of the last Corsa OPC and Astra OPC (two cars that have a lot of competition in their segment), Speedster Turbo, Calibra V6 DTM (possibly Gr.4), Astra DTM (possibly Gr.3), and some classics like the Opel Manta GT/E or the Opel GT.

If any of these cars would be considered controversial, well... I guess we identified the actual problem.

You’re assuming that everyone is nostalgic about that car because it was in the early GT games. But many players have probably not even heard about it before and would probably much rather have a new GT3 car or whatever is on their own wish list.
I can live without the GT-One, as Gr.1 machinery is not really my main go to. But, as far as GTP goes, it's easily one of the most sought after race cars out there. Are there people who prefer GT3 over it? Sure. I prefer a ton of cars over it. But I also know that many players want it, badly.

The problem is not that we have an ambulance, the problem is everything that we don't have in the game, and that PD chose that as their priority. If they had ticked all the boxes, sure, but they didn't, not even close.
And we can't forget that PD was seen scanning/recording sounds for cars like the Zonda C12S (and I think a Lancia rally car, but I don't remember which one, the 037 I think) like 10 years ago, and we still don't have them.

Last edited:
Sure, and because it's about cars, should they just throw out the window any criteria on what they choose to model? Once again, as I said before, it's about priorities. Having nearly 1000 cars, and adding an ambulance in the middle, fine. Not being even close to that, with straight up icons waiting to be added, it just leaves a bad taste.
We have nearly 500 cars with an ambulance in the middle. That's still nearly 499 non-ambulances for you to not complain about, surely...

Back