Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
I mean, it's PD's authority to put what car for swap and put what engine to swap, like how they add car updates. They put whatever they want, could be based in real life or could be based on their imagination. It's not like we can engine swap a Ferrari though, but if we put a Ferrari engine to other car, I don't think it's a problem. Also we can paint whatever we want to Ferrari in GT7 right? That may be a problem for Ferrari to put newer cars to GT7
Except no, that's not how that works. That too had to be signed off by Manufacturers in order for that to happen. I guarantee you that no Developer can just do engine swaps without Manufacturer approval (Especially as seeing that now we have 2 Nissans that can have Big block Chevy Engine swaps and that probably wasn't gonna happen without Nissan being fine with it)

Last edited:
Car Prices:
  • Audi TTS Coupe '09 - 68,000 Cr.
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 - 100,000 Cr.
  • Renault R4 GTL - 24,200 Cr.
  • BVLGARI Aluminium VGT - 1,000,000 Cr.
Events:

Japanese Clubman Cup 550
  • WeatherTech Laguna Seca - 3 laps, 40,000 Cr.
Sunday Cup Classic
  • Tsukuba Circuit - 3 laps, 25,000 Cr.
European Clubman Cup 600
  • Suzuka Circuit - 3 laps, 60,000 Cr.
Extra Menu Prizes:
  • Lamborghini: 6-star Roulette Ticket
Payouts seems decent.

We know the next game is in development, it's the lack of other content like scapes, menu books, new tracks for Sophy etc, The finally added the multi facetted BOP, which is probably last piece of the puzzle,
A PS5:embarrassed:nly title will open up other avenues of development.

But could be wrong, and it's is only a guess.
And what if… GT8 is being developed to by PS6/PS5 crossgen title? After Sony layoffs, and huge costs of game development there will be bigger focus on supporting game for a longer periods than before. I think that GT7 will stay with us for longer than many of you think it will. Especially that it sells very very well.

This reminds me of how 458 GT3 used to have something similar to AF Corse livery during first showcases of GT Sport (way before release) and later got a plain red colour. So maybe there is actually something going on with Ferrari's GT3. But it's weird, why would Ferrari prefer players in a very popular game race a very outdated car against newer models from other manufacturers, especially with the whole e-sports thing going on. Maybe it's actually PD who don't want to deal with complications of licensing Ferrari's GT3s?
But ultimately you could put your own livery on the 458, The fact that the 488 and especially the 296 which appeared in other games SIMs so quick after it's development. Adding to this, the lack of other GT3s Vantage, 720s and BMW M4, would say it's more of a choice by PD than issues with the Manufacturer so it's just as likely a PD thing rather than a Ferrari thing,

BMW went out there way to get the M4GT3 into games maybe PD just did not take them up on it,

Except no, that's not how that works. That too had to be signed off by Manufacturers in order for that to happen. I guarantee you that no Developer can just do engine swaps without Manufacturer approval (Especially as seeing that now we have 2 Nissans that can have Big block Chevy Engine swaps and that probably wasn't gonna happen without Nissan being fine with it)
I understand they have limits, PD wouldn't dare to put Ferrari engine to Lambo or vice versa, but they have put some ridiculous engine swaps though, like nismo lancia delta, chiron swaps, alphard lfa. That means the manufacturers have to approve that right? Especially the Chiron swaps. It's actually amazing PD have the approval for that.

Also the cars can use more than 1 engine swaps option, but PD just give 1 as for now. Like re amemiya rx7 could use 4 rotor and regular rx7 fd could use ls v8, etc. Though it may bloat peoples car's collection

Last edited:
And what if… GT8 is being developed to by PS6/PS5 crossgen title? After Sony layoffs, and huge costs of game development there will be bigger focus on supporting game for a longer periods than before. I think that GT7 will stay with us for longer than many of you think it will. Especially that it sells very very well.
The Lay offs are mainly at none Japanese studios 200 of the the 900 at one studio in the UK, There are for "efficiency" rather than slowing down the development of games, It's also not known what features were canned to make the game PS4 compatible (which was a Sony Decision not PD), You could just add those back in plus any car or tracks that are been held back, you got a top selling game for a low price.

low price
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

sure

another update with nothing for sport mode players. Sweet…

You would have thought with the months and months of delays with Fanatec that Sony/PD would have gotten their act together and supported Full Force. These past few update’s couldn’t have taken much of their time.

Hard to believe psvr2 passed its 1yr mark a few days ago. Literally the thing which keeps me playing this game. And continues to be entirely ignored.

Makes no sense.

It's looking like the development cycle of GT7 is coming to an end, we know GT8 or whatever it's going to be called is been worked on and a PS5 only game will probably be announced over the summer for a probably Q4 25 or Q1 26
Based on this update? Odd conclusion as it hardly differs to the average GT7 content update.

If anything, it’s reassuring that the game is still receiving regular content after Spec II, which some people also considered to be the end point. Besides, the fact that they’re now beginning to bring back more GT6 premium quality cars only fuels the notion that the datamine leak from 2022 was a reliable glimpse into the future, and I don’t see why that’s going to change. Stop expecting GT8 like it’s actually coming soon.

Last edited:
Based on this update? Odd conclusion as it hardly differs to average GT7 content update.

If anything, it’s reassuring that the game is still receiving regular content after Spec II, which some people also considered to be the end point. Besides, the fact that they’re now beginning to bring back more GT6 premium quality cars only fuels the notion that the datamine leak from 2022 was a realiable glimpse into the future, and I don’t see why that’s going to change. Stop expecting GT8 like it’s actually coming soon.

From the man himself, and the fact that's it pretty standard to have the next game in development, whilst updating the previous title, ACC is still been updated whilst AC2 is been developed for example, As for the leaked list, how complete the models of those cars were or are is another question, if the where close to completion or finished, it's just old content in one respect with the odd new model not on the list.

Another month another update that doesn't even attempt to make the game better. I guess we should say good bye to any career mode in GT8 with the way things are going.

From the man himself, and the fact that's it pretty standard to have the next game in development, whilst updating the previous title, ACC is still been updated whilst AC2 is been developed for example, As for the leaked list, how complete the models of those cars were or are is another question, if the where close to completion or finished, it's just old content in one respect with the odd new model not on the list.

Looking forward to try the Renault R4 and to get a swap on the Supra 88.

The Lancer IX throws me back to my GT5 days, that's a car I wanna "meet" again for sure.

Other than that there's nothing else left but to start building expectations about the (possible) 2 years anniversary update.

I don't have many posts but have reviewed topics and posts daily since getting GT a few years ago. I always kept my posts positive and just didn't post negative stuff. I bought a product and it is PD's right to build it how they want, not for me to complain about what they want to sell. Either I buy it and use it, don't buy it or stop using it. I used a controller and the motion sensor (felt more natural to "steer the controller") this limited me to GT as far as I am aware. Two weeks ago I bought a wheel and playseat. Now that I have more options I am buying ACC for one main purpose, it is the only way to get more tracks. I don't collect cars and only buy those I want to set up a custom race with so the economy has never bothered me. For me this update, and most others, has zero usable content based on the way I play, won't use the cars, don't care about engine swaps and never do the pre-set races as the AI is garbage in those. I find a properly set up custom race to be fun and what I need but lately I have found myself bored when I go to do a race, I look through the track list and am uninspired.
Every update I hope for a surprise track and they just never come, I am fine with ACC's approach with paying for a track pack. $18 for three tracks is fine with me. I am hoping mixing some GT with some ACC will be the answer. So not really a negative post, I don't blame PD, this what they do. I just bought the wrong game a few years ago (it and the Playstation were actually a Christmas gift, I didn't decide :D).

^this 100%

Today’s update is literally standard update we’ve got since launch of the game.

It is especially funny because GT’s update are actually pretty good if you compare it to other titles when you get 4-5 cars in paid update per year where in GT7 you get around 36 cars for free per year.
I'm not sure what universe you're in where this is the case, unless you're reffering to ACC or something. Most other AAA racing titles get far more free content/cars per update.

Why they nerfed GT-R '18 Gr.3 again?! It's one of my favorite cars but I don't think it was somehow OP. IMO it was quite well balanced...

I'm not sure what universe you're in where this is the case, unless you're reffering to ACC or something. Most other AAA racing titles get far more free content/cars per update.

Which ones??

EA WRC - No cars added
ACC - all Paid DLC
íRacing - all Paid DLC
NFS - all Paid DLC
Forza 2023- Mix of free and paid DLC (most of DLC cars are under paywall)
Forza Horizon - Mix of free and Paid DLC (most DLC cars are under paywall)
The Crew motorfest - all Paid DLC

🤔🤔🤔

Which ones??

EA WRC - No cars added
ACC - all Paid DLC
íRacing - all Paid DLC
NFS - all Paid DLC

🤔🤔🤔
Um, no lol.

Iracing, ACC yes. EA WRC I couldn't tell you, haven't played.

FM2023, mix of free and paid, atm. Will be more free later but iirc even now the free matches most GT updates.

FH5 is usually like 75% free, 25% paid. Usually 8 free season cars, and if there's paid ones Usually 4 paid cars.

NFS has a mixture of free and paid iirc. Unbound was awful, didn't touch it so I couldn't tell you details. Although from what I understand they have recently changed gears and are now doing a big free dlc set?

All of Motorfest's DLC is free - the only cars rhat are pay wall locked are the Chevelle and Charger, everything else is free. Without leaking, motorfest is about to get 40ish new cars over the next 3 months. Same setup applies to tc2, which receives its last update next week....and that has more content than this update. The season passes for both games did nothing but get you in game cars for free instead of earning them. Oh and a week early lol.

That's before you get into the fact that most of these games make far better use of their update content as well as far more community input on updates. Updates for many of these are structured, have communication regarding when things will be released, and don't just "dump" the cars In they actually utilize them.

I also definitely would not be stacking GT7 up next to ACC/Iracing. GT is a casual simcade.

Last edited:
Which ones??

EA WRC - No cars added
ACC - all Paid DLC
íRacing - all Paid DLC
NFS - all Paid DLC

🤔🤔🤔
None of the post release Motorfest cars are paid only as far as I know

Why they nerfed GT-R '18 Gr.3 again?! It's one of my favorite cars but I don't think it was somehow OP. IMO it was quite well balanced...
Also my fav Gr.3 car but I think it was meta in lot of recent combos (Maggiore, Suzuka, Laguna Seca etc)

I don't think that these two fall in the tripple a category (505 games, accs publisher, made ~120m$ in 2023. iracing makes about 35m$ per year. For comparision: ea and activison blizzard made >7.5b$ each in 2023)
They also are not played like others. You don't seek to buy all the cars in iracing, you buy what you race and focus on that.

This will be purely down to Manufacturer permissions I suspect. I can't ever imagine Ferrari agreeing to anything for example, based on even real world events (That Mouse guy, with the purrari I think it was?)

Here's my Video on the new patch for those interested!

You can engine swap two Ferraris, unless you're talking about swapping with different manufacturers.

Even if GT8 is I'm development ( which at this point could simply no further than z dtirh board) j dont know why people bring it up considering PDs history. It could be another 4 or 5 years before that sees daylight.

Back