Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.70 Now Available: Hypercars, New Races, & More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zenwarrior
  • 874 comments
  • 139,525 views

destruction GIF
 
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 “Hypercar Update” Arrives June 11 With Four WEC Prototypes and Safety Car​

The first day of the GT World Series 2026 Milan round hadn’t even started its main events before Polyphony dropped a sizeable piece of news: a “Hypercar Update” is on the way next month (Thursday, June 11), and it brings four of the current WEC Hypercar-class prototypes into GT7 alongside the official WEC safety car...
 
Last edited:
And we're in the high 500's in terms of the car list after this, exactly 570 cars.

I'm more convinced we will end the year with around 590 cars, and by early next year, we'll hit 600.
 
Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if this update doesn't somehow include a new round of the Gr.1 Prototype Series, especially since Le Mans of all venues doesn't have a round of it there.
 
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 “Hypercar Update” Arrives June 11 With Four WEC Prototypes and Safety Car​

The first day of the GT World Series 2026 Milan round hadn’t even started its main events before Polyphony dropped a sizeable piece of news: a “Hypercar Update” is on the way next month (Thursday, June 11), and it brings four of the current WEC Hypercar-class prototypes into GT7 alongside the official WEC safety car...
When I saw the thumbnail on YouTube I thought it was a fan made video 😅
 
I've watched the trailer six times, have seen it on the Gran Turismo YouTube channel and website, and I'm still not convinced that I'm not dreaming. This is just too good to be true!

I'm so excited to get stuck into these beautiful machines from my favourite current racing category.

I mean... eh... terrible update! We need more road cars 😏
 
All I can say is wow. For the last month or so I have been playing FH5 but this will definitely draw me back in. I do wish the Cadillac was included but s this is still awesome.
 
I really don’t care for the cars but at the same time, wow! All four at the same time. Again, I don’t care for prototypes as I’m more of a GT guy but kudos to PD on getting these in. 👍🏼
 
What an incredible addition.
I hope the Cadillac V-Series, Valkyrie, Genesis and TR010 comes in the near future.

I don’t know about the Alpine, SCG, and Lamborghini. Those seem more likely to vanish.
 
Last edited:
Back