Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
Not yet. I checked the change log and there’s only one entry for the DD pro and not relevant to GT. Just an iracing issue. I also asked on the Fanatec Reddit thread just on the off chance to see if it made a difference and it was a no.
Are you saying the updated Fanatec drivers change how the wheel feels with gt7?
I've updated this afternoon and immediately did a LMP race at Suzuka.
In my opinion it's really detailed now and I've no complaints, but I'm curious if it's just me or how others feel that have tried the new fanatec update.

You can simply put your DD in compatibility mode without messing with your settings. Feels like it did before the update and all functions work fine.

Have you updated to the latest fanatec firmware?
i can‘t,i don‘t have a pc (just mac).I bought console hardware to use it with a console.Firmware updates to 1st party controller and headsets (xbox and PS) can be obtained via console.It would be nice if it would be possible for such an expensive and officially PS/GT branded wheel as well.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I started a thread about it in the "Sim Racing Hardware" section, asking if anyone knew when or if Fanatec was planning on a Mac version of Fanalab.

Nobody knew. It was suggested that I run Windows-emulation software but on an Apple Silicon Mac there are limited choices and complications due to the arm-compatibility-of-drivers thing.

I don't want to have to buy a PC just for this.

Agreed.

I started a thread about it in the "Sim Racing Hardware" section, asking if anyone knew when or if Fanatec was planning on a Mac version of Fanalab.

Nobody knew. It was suggested that I run Windows-emulation software but on an Apple Silicon Mac there are limited choices and complications due to the arm-compatibility-of-drivers thing.

I don't want to have to buy a PC just for this.
Maurice made it very clear that mac support (even only for update purpose) will never happen.And,as someone pointed out in this thread, its a bad idea to try it in a virtual win environment.Would not work for me anyway( with an M1 mac).I gonna try to ask someone with pc but maybe i‘ll buy a cheap subnotebook only for that.Maybe…

I heard that in compatibility mode the FFB is there but there's a loss of detail.
That’s right. Best I can tell it feels the same as the FFB from when the game was day 1. Which is to say not great. Also the quick toggles don’t work. I’m using purple mode as the blue mode settings that are proclaimed as ‘best ever’ are pretty horrendous imo.

Thanks Nik.

Hey man, I've seen you drivin' in peeps' livestreams several times. Not bad brother!

Maurice made it very clear that mac support (even only for update purpose) will never happen.
Bummer!

And,as someone pointed out in this thread, its a bad idea to try it in a virtual win environment.Would not work for me anyway( with an M1 mac).I gonna try to ask someone with pc but maybe i‘ll buy a cheap subnotebook only for that.Maybe…
Obviously I'm in the same boat mate. Oh well.

Thank you for responding.

Last edited:
I heard that in compatibility mode the FFB is there but there's a loss of detail.

Yes, the FFB in compatibility mode is useless in comparison. It's clipping so hard when turning that I'm both slower and feel sick from how bad it is.
If they go back to this FFB, it might be the first time I consider another game until they sort this out.

’m using purple mode as the blue mode settings that are proclaimed as ‘best ever’ are pretty horrendous imo.

Try the Fanatec standard settings but NDP Off and INT 3.
And then 10/1 in-game.
I'm not a fan of messing around with NDP/NFR/NIN/FOR/FEI - keep it pure and simple.
Assuming you got 8 Nm and a small and light wheel, otherwise it's probably too weak.

Last edited:
The truth is that GT7 is a badly born game and is continuing to give problems. The last is the FBB issue on the official steering wheel. The question is: How can they think to organize a world championship with the best drivers if there are problems on the official wheel? Will they provide a pad?

The truth is that GT7 is a badly born game and is continuing to give problems. The last is the FBB issue on the official steering wheel. The question is: How can they think to organize a world championship with the best drivers if there are problems on the official wheel? Will they provide a pad?
With no vibration obviously. Hard hats and hi-vis mandatory. Better safe than sorry.

Beta Driver 442 works very well with the settings posted on the Fanatec Forum site.

This update with the setting changes is only way to go if you have one of the wheelbases affected by the FFB reduction.

I tried last week with the settings here but seems like each car needs to be tweaked. Putting FFB at 10 to try and amplify a very weak signal makes it feel really weird and boaty. Not right at all. Im sticking with purple mode until they fix it. It’s not as good as it was but better than the current workarounds imo.

Beta Driver 442 works very well with the settings posted on the Fanatec Forum site.

This update with the setting changes is only way to go if you have one of the wheelbases affected by the FFB reduction.
Did the strength comeback?

Apologies for the positive tone of this post but....I'm starting to get the hang of the FFB settings. If you watch Z28Gaming's upload 'Fanatec LIGHT STEERING FIX After Update | Gran Turismo 7 Settings' on YouTube I've pretty much used his settings but changed the SEN 450 FF to 100 NIN 25 INT 3. The thing that made the biggest difference to me was changing SEN to 450 the lightness/dead spot when turning in pretty much vanished (was on auto before). I have FFB Torque 10 & FFB Sens 3 in game & i was on blue mode

Got the DD Pro wheelbase in the mail today. I knew the FFB would be weird before buying. If all settings on the wheel are left in auto and even with FFB at 10 in GT7, it feels horrible lol. I’ve tried it in compatibility mode and it’s stronger but very numb feeling.

Currently I’ve got it back on the blue mode and have adjusted some settings in the advanced menu to at least give the wheel back some weight.

In some GR.2 cars I can catch some glimpses of how good the DD Pro could be once Polyphony resolves the FFB issue.

Luckily I have an intel based Mac mini so installing a Windows to be able to update the wheel.

I have put my DD pro in comp. mode.
First of all that is a workaround not a fix.
But none of the colored sticks work
Yes I agree, it's just a walk around. I don't use the colored buttons to adjust on the fly. It's a shame they don't work in that mode. It's frustrating they keep changing things in this game. If the problem was with particular cars, they should have just removed them instead of ruining a good thing for everyone

T-GT still feels terrible, no detail and force feedback is cranked to 10/10.

Why bother investing months and years to create a great force feedback system that we had pre 1.15 just to piss it away because of three cars, never to have it return.

Back