Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
PnlK.gif

I’m speechless. Literally not PD’s issue to decide how people choose to set up their wheel base, yet they’re making it their issue?

Fwiw, it was probably the Tomahawk. Despite me liking a heavy wheel, I had to turn my FFB waaaaaay down for that car.

EDIT:

Since I’m not that smart and there very well could be some sort of legal implications from our sue-happy society, there’s actually A VERY SIMPLE FIX AROUND ALL OF THIS PD…

Identify which cars are the problem, then put a warning that you have to press “X” through every time you change into that car from your garage. Simple 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
A+ communication yet again from PD. Patches are ready a week or more before they go live in ordinary circumstances, they could and should have explained this beforehand. At the absolute least it should have been explained in the patch notes.

Last edited:
It sounds like their developers have a serious issue making code that they can adjust, it should be a matter of hotfixing those cars and tracks or adding a force ceiling rather than neutering FFB and pissing off thrustmaster and Fanatec in the process and then being unable to advise when the issue will be fixed

Last edited:
They don't do this unless someone complained about it. I'd imagine probably threatened a lawsuit also. Solution will probably be a legal disclaimer by the wheel makers.

Great now I have to plug in the set up when I get home from work tonight to see if they ****ed up my wheel if anyone has a T300 is it good still?

They don't do this unless someone complained about it. I'd imagine probably threatened a lawsuit also. Solution will probably be a legal disclaimer by the wheel makers.
I'm actually not surprised this has happened. I've had another racing game suddenly randomly slam the wheel into my thumb and it struck me at the time that ffb has the ability to cause significant injury and lawsuits could happen.

Great now I have to plug in the set up when I get home from work tonight to see if they ****ed up my wheel if anyone has a T300 is it good still?
From what I've read here it is but I haven't tested it myself.

I can't tell if Polyphony has any clue what their fanbase wants and expects. Changes like this is what make players leave your game for good. The players that put in 50 hours or more per week are the ones I'm talking about, and I cannot wait for the feedback storm and eventual rollback of this silly update.

EDIT: Temporary so the article says. Will be fixed in an update in the future. Three wheels are affected:

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro

I guess we'll see...
Link

Last edited:
LoL, hilarious... talk about taking the piss out of your most financially invested consumers. This title has become nothing but a glorified cash grab at every turn and their QA reflects it. From pushing bloated, proprietary hardware deals to ridiculous in-game monetization.

Just yesterday I was reading a user's feedback on these changes. He/she was going on about how "detailed" feedback had become as a result of said adjustments. People will convince themselves of many of things. Two words: dumpster fire.

Seems as if they changed the code for the wheels, ended up with a problem discovered just before release, it's hinted in the patch notes, decided not to risk anything and made a quick nerf.

The weird part is that we had to wait until today to get the update.

I hope not, the controller force feedback is perfect imo.
You missed the joke.

Also its staggering to see PD completely nerf FFB for wheels when players are quite knowledgable in how to do it themselves. Compared to the problems with general non-Sport Mode online lobbies its ridiculous PD would go and shoot this down instead.

Back