Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
Do the colored dials work in other racing games? I heard they were useless on the Thrustmaster TGT when not playing GT.

Might be something wrong with your wheel as the G29 hasn't been affected. I have a G29 and there's been no difference at all.
My wheel suddenly stop working after the update. Like no feedback what so ever Or input at all. ****ing sucks

It doesn’t even calibrate when I start the game anymore

The G29 should not ne affected by this issue.Only the Fanatec DD drives,the TG-T and the T248 (because game recognizes it as TG-T wheel)
Might be a one off chance that I’m the only one affected by this. Cuz it makes no sense for it to stop working all of sudden. It’s been mounted on its cockpit for the past 2 month

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. It stoped working after the update.
Yeah I got that. That's just a coincidence though as the update didn't touch G29s. I have quite a bit of experience with a number of repairs on my G29 so I'm trying to help you. If you can answer the below questions we might be able to find the problem.

Does the wheel calibrate when you turn the console on?

Do the lights on the wheel come on?

Does the wheel work with other games?

Yeah I got that. That's just a coincidence though as the update didn't touch G29s. I have quite a bit of experience with a number of repairs on my G29 so I'm trying to help you. If you can answer the below questions we might be able to find the problem.

Does the wheel calibrate when you turn the console on?

Do the lights on the wheel come on?

Does the wheel work with other games?
The wheel doesn’t calibrate, on start up

The green light on top of the wheel blinks

I tried playing gt sport, same issue; car automatically steers left and no steering inputs are being read.

I appreciate the help

I tried playing gt sport, same issue; car automatically steers left and no steering inputs are being read.

I appreciate the help
I think you might have a loose cable or something. GT Sport shouldnt have been affected at all.

I appreciate the help
Check all the power connections.

1. Power lead into the bottom of the wheel.
2. Power cable into the power adapter.
3. Power cable into wall socket.

2 is the most likely. That can sometimes come loose and gives the symptoms you describe. It's a good idea to unplug everything and plug them back in.

If its not that it could be a faulty power adapter.

Check all the power connections.

1. Power lead into the bottom of the wheel.
2. Power cable into the power adapter.
3. Power cable into wall socket.

2 is the most likely. That can sometimes come loose and gives the symptoms you describe. It's a good idea to unplug everything and plug them back in.

If its not that it could be a faulty power adapter.
I’ve tried all that.

I contacted Logitech already, and they’re sending me a new one. 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

On the TGT II they do. I have them mapped on ACC and AMS2 to all the usual goodies. ABS, TCS, Brake balance etc. I think that provided you have all the up to date firmware, you can map them in most games on the PC.

I haven't them on Assetto Corsa or Race Room yet though.
Do the colored dials work in other racing games? I heard they were useless on the Thrustmaster TGT when not playing GT.

I had some cars feel tight when turning and the wheel slipped and hit me thumb hurt a bit but I was fine. I got a 2.5 formula rim so that’s why it made contact. I just turned the feedback down and it was fine. Also the Tomahawk was the real issue for me.

But I was fine to sort it out on my own. No drama. Heck the F1 games have way more torque and feedback even GT7 at maximum still isn’t as strong as other titles out there. I get it but how does this look for the wheel providers?! Surly a partnership with Fanatec would mean Fanatec can have a say with PD give some tips or help persuade PD to go in the right direction or something.

I think this is quite extreme I’ve never seen anyone complaining about a game being too strong or causing potential injury. It’s always been the wheel and their technology that people discuss. Like newton-metres and such. I felt the wheel got lighter before this update now it’s even worse. I myself are yet to try it on my CSL Elite. It I’m sure it’s not good.
My wheel suddenly stop working after the update. Like no feedback what so ever Or input at all. ****ing sucks

It doesn’t even calibrate when I start the game anymore

Might be a one off chance that I’m the only one affected by this. Cuz it makes no sense for it to stop working all of sudden. It’s been mounted on its cockpit for the past 2 month
Sounds like a wheel issue and not the game. Because it does nothing when you switch on the console right? Also double check your power supply is connected I had a G29 once it was seemed dead I was worried it was broken. Looked at the cable and power supply and it was lose so just connected it more firmly and it was good. It just came lose over time.

Last edited:
Jeez, I just tried it since the update. My T-GT feels absolutely awful…and I’m one of those who play with FFB on 10…

Boy, am I glad I have a PC to drive AC and ACC on. I’ve been faithful since the original GT. I even got a scalped PS5 just for GT7. But PD keeps giving me reasons to go to other real sims and not come back…
Same mate, my TGT is un usable now. I had it on FFB 10 and now I can feel nothing. Screw this game, I’ve been loyal since the first one, no more, I’m off to PC gaming.

This is proven false when you consider the fact that the previous two GT games had micro-transactions in them, going back to 2013.

This is proven false when you remember that micro-transactions were added to GT Sport years after launch, when the game more or less had a established player base and the rest of the gaming press stopped caring, allowing it to come in with a collective shrug and a collective 'well, it isn't that bad'
How does that prove anything?
Sony could have forced them to put MTX in previous games?

We know nothing here and it is pure speculation either way

How does that prove anything?
Sony could have forced them to put MTX in previous games?

We know nothing here and it is pure speculation either way
Well, we do know that Sony doesn't force MTs in almost any of their other first party games. The only other one with them in is MLB The Show. The rest are MT free. So it's pretty evidently not a wide company policy. I can't see why they would force them into one or two games and not the others. Plus you'd imagine given his stature, Kaz could have pushed back if he really didn't want them.

Last edited:
Nothing Fanatec do will change what what the game is sending the wheel, and by PD own admission they’ve effectively turned off FFB, so I can’t agree it’s the best it has ever felt. Quite the opposite.
Have you updated to the latest fanatec firmware?

Have you updated to the latest fanatec firmware?
Not yet. I checked the change log and there’s only one entry for the DD pro and not relevant to GT. Just an iracing issue. I also asked on the Fanatec Reddit thread just on the off chance to see if it made a difference and it was a no.
Are you saying the updated Fanatec drivers change how the wheel feels with gt7?

Back