Gran Turismo 7's Force Feedback Hobbled to Prevent Player Injuries

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
I thought that the DD Pro was the same base as the F1 Podium? I have an F1 Podium and cant complain about the in game force, I use hi-torque mode and set my wheel between 30 and 50 force depending on the car, I cant imagine trying to drive a car at full force. I still have my CSL Elite that I typically used between 40-60 for force, they both feel pretty equal at those settings. To me the biggest difference between GTS and GT7 is the detail, I started GT7 with my Elite as the F1 Podium wasnt released until mid June. First thing I noticed about 7 was the lack of detail, no expansion joint feeling at Tokyo and the curbs barely seem to exist. If PD could improve the detail I would be happy with my current set up playing GT7.

I thought that the DD Pro was the same base as the F1 Podium? I have an F1 Podium and cant complain about the in game force, I use hi-torque mode and set my wheel between 30 and 50 force depending on the car, I cant imagine trying to drive a car at full force. I still have my CSL Elite that I typically used between 40-60 for force, they both feel pretty equal at those settings. To me the biggest difference between GTS and GT7 is the detail, I started GT7 with my Elite as the F1 Podium wasnt released until mid June. First thing I noticed about 7 was the lack of detail, no expansion joint feeling at Tokyo and the curbs barely seem to exist. If PD could improve the detail I would be happy with my current set up playing GT7.
This is why I returned the DD Pro I just had bought fort GT7, it felt like driving an "elastic" motor, like rubber. I can't understant how so many youtube reviewers said that the GT DD Pro had so much detail and recommended it. And some of them are using it. I prefer feeling the kerbs with the game pad than not feeling anything at all (and spending 700 euros).

Last edited:
Same by me. I had played with TGT 4 years on GTS. At the last 3 month before GT7 release I bought the DD pro and I was so disappointed with it on GTS. My hope was that GT7 will use DD pro better because it was announced as the official wheel for it.
And guess what happened... DD Pro on GT7 turned out to be WORSE then in GTS. No Curbs Feedback, almost no surface feeling. I cant discribe the disapponitment.
I can understand those who came from T300 or G29 or even CSL and thinking that DD Pro is super on GT7, but they didnt play with TGT in the first place and also likely didnt play GTS with DD Pro.
Regarding Youtubers, its a mystery to me also. I still cant understand why for example kie25 hyped even the CSL over the TGT. Either I'm the only stupid who has no clue about anything or people talk not based on what they really think but out of other, non technical, reasons.

Same by me. I had played with TGT 4 years on GTS. At the last 3 month before GT7 release I bought the DD pro and I was so disappointed with it on GTS. My hope was that GT7 will use DD pro better because it was announced as the official wheel for it.
And guess what happened... DD Pro on GT7 turned out to be WORSE then in GTS. No Curbs Feedback, almost no surface feeling. I cant discribe the disapponitment.
I can understand those who came from T300 or G29 or even CSL and thinking that DD Pro is super on GT7, but they didnt play with TGT in the first place and also likely didnt play GTS with DD Pro.
Regarding Youtubers, its a mystery to me also. I still cant understand why for example kie25 hyped even the CSL over the TGT. Either I'm the only stupid who has no clue about anything or people talk not based on what they really think but out of other, non technical, reasons.
And Kie25 is using the DD Pro everyday. i guess he is more interested in pure speed/time laps than immersion, but anyway, wouldn't a good feeling of the car help in having good times? Ah well, also clueless here.

Last edited:
Regarding Youtubers, I never trust a review from anyone that has this...

Untitled.png

... same goes if they have Thrustmaster or any other brand affiliate links.

Last edited:
I've been away for a long while since they nerfed the FFB in v.1.15. Now we're at v1.21, has the FFB strength been restored to pre 1.15 levels for T-GT and Fanatec DD wheels?

AFAIK yes it has mate. 👍
Are you sure about that? I have an F1 Podium, if I hop in the Tomohawk I need to double my force settings to have any amountable FFB compared to other cars. Maybe they returned it back to 1.15 for everything but the Tomohawk? With all of the constant changes and bugs it becomes difficult to determine what changed and what may be a bug.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? I have an F1 Podium, if I hop in the Tomohawk I need to double my force settings to have any amountable FFB compared to other cars. Maybe they returned it back to 1.15 for everything but the Tomohawk? With all of the constant changes and bugs it becomes difficult to determine what changed and what may be a bug.
The Tomahawk is one of three cars to still use the old profile, yes.

Thank you Andrew; you beat me to it mate.

@fastone371, PD nerfed FFB strength across-the-board as a temporary / stop-gap measure. It then restored it for all but the 3 "most-problematic / potentially-dangerous" cars and you happened to test one of them. Pretty much any other car and you would've been pleasantly-surprised.

Last edited:
I already played on max feedback or close to it and now its so weak it doesnt even feel real.. this is pathetic. Over 20years on GT and Im thinking about buying an xbox... Im furious
Calm down, if you wish to experience something more realistic than Gran Turismo (PlayStation) and Forza Motorsport (Xbox) series in terms of handling, then why not buy a gaming PC with racing wheel peripherals then you can experience something like Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, Automobilista 2, rFactor 2 and the original Assetto Corsa?

Edit: Please note that PlayStation and Xbox consoles are more for Simcades while Gaming Desktop PC is more for proper Sim Racing.

Last edited:
I already played on max feedback or close to it and now its so weak it doesnt even feel real.. this is pathetic. Over 20years on GT and Im thinking about buying an xbox... Im furious
Have fun with XBOX then lol. Selling my PS5 for an XSX for two months is one of the worst gaming related decisions I’ve ever made.

Calm down, if you wish to experience something more realistic than Gran Turismo (PlayStation) and Forza Motorsport (Xbox) series in terms of handling, then why not buy a gaming PC with racing wheel peripherals then you can experience something like Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, Automobilista 2, rFactor 2 and the original Assetto Corsa?

Edit: Please note that PlayStation and Xbox consoles are more for Simcades while Gaming Desktop PC is more for proper Sim Racing.
I think some fans remember the "good old days" when Gran turismo was a cutting-edge sim in a niche genre. But today there's obviously plenty of sim alternatives, so his expectations need to come down to earth a bit. GT today is less about strictly sim racing and more about passion of car culture with their focus on car scapes, social integration, car customisation with liverys and the like

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up an old discussion, but has this FFB limit been removed yet? I'm hearing the Logitech Pro Wheel and even the Fanatec CSDD+ Exteme wheels are getting reduced FFB with DriveHub being the only alternative to bring FFB up to max torque levels.

It
Sorry to bring up an old discussion, but has this FFB limit been removed yet? I'm hearing the Logitech Pro Wheel and even the Fanatec CSDD+ Exteme wheels are getting reduced FFB with DriveHub being the only alternative to bring FFB up to max torque levels.
It is capped at around 7-8nm on the Logitech G Pro. @LOGI_Rich confirmed this cap and has had his team send several letters to PD to get them to remove it but no luck yet. There is nothing that Logitech can do to remove the cap since it is not capped on their end. The drivehub will remove the cap by allowing the user to increase the input reference in starting at 100% in 10% increments up to 150%. 150% gives the full 11nm torque.

As for Fanatec, I don't know much about it other than hearing it has been nerfed. No clue how much it has been nerfed.... I honestly hope I am 100% wrong about that since I would be pissed to have a wheel base capable of 15nm being capped at a lower value (i was not happy when I found out Logitech is capped but luckily the drivehub is super awesome so I'm back to being happy lol)

@BattleStatus Do you have ACC or Wreckfest? Those games do not have a cap for the G Pro, and I'm guessing that they probably don't have a cap on the DD+/Extreme. It should be easy to tell if there is a cap by trying out those games and comparing it to GT7 FFB

It
It is capped at around 7-8nm on the Logitech G Pro. @LOGI_Rich confirmed this cap and has had his team send several letters to PD to get them to remove it but no luck yet. There is nothing that Logitech can do to remove the cap since it is not capped on their end. The drivehub will remove the cap by allowing the user to increase the input reference in starting at 100% in 10% increments up to 150%. 150% gives the full 11nm torque.

As for Fanatec, I don't know much about it other than hearing it has been nerfed. No clue how much it has been nerfed.... I honestly hope I am 100% wrong about that since I would be pissed to have a wheel base capable of 15nm being capped at a lower value (i was not happy when I found out Logitech is capped but luckily the drivehub is super awesome so I'm back to being happy lol)
I had the DD Pro and now DD+. If the + is capped, it still makes way more torque than the Pro. I could run in-game torque setting at 10 on the Pro and drive just fine. Doing so with the + is practically undriveable for me due to how heavy the steering is. And I’m 6-1, 190 lbs.

Last edited:
It

The dd+\extreme were ninja nerfed in 1.43. At the same time PD introduced a cutscene bug where the wheel almost seems to emulate a controller sometimes(push pause to fix). Its still a solid product though. At in game 6/7 the 300mm and 330mm wheels feel pretty good and my 265mm yoke(f1esportsv2) is a little more beastly(as it should be). Even made my boobbies and triceps a little sore after a few tt binders last week. Made me chuckle.

Im also 6’2” and athletic build.

Think i liked it a little more premerf, but im still happy. The big question is what will full force bring additionally.

The dd+\extreme were ninja nerfed in 1.43. At the same time PD introduced a cutscene bug where the wheel almost seems to emulate a controller sometimes(push pause to fix). Its still a solid product though. At in game 6/7 the 300mm and 330mm wheels feel pretty good and my 265mm yoke(f1esportsv2) is a little more beastly(as it should be). Even made my boobbies and triceps a little sore after a few tt binders last week. Made me chuckle.

Im also 6’2” and athletic build.

Think i liked it a little more premerf, but im still happy. The big question is what will full force bring additionally.
Nerfing the max is definitely annoying but glad to hear it still feels good! The 7-8nm cap on the G Pro is just way too weak for me... I will sometimes forget to setup the drivehub for the 150% increase and start a race.... It feels so weak after using the 11nm for a few weeks lol.

Based on what I know about full force(won't go into any details, please don't ask), full force will blow your mind. From a software perspective, it will act very similar to the trueforce on the G Pro. I'm going to say that it's safe to assume that Fanatec hardware for the full force will be just as good or maybe even better than the G Pro hardware.... Trueforce on the G Pro is very very very different compared to what they put on the g923. The g923 just gives it a vibration feeling but it's not that great. Trueforce on the G Pro is an entirely different feeling... This is more about haptic feedback instead of vibrations... If I jump a curb, I can literally feel the wheel jumping in my hands, I can also feel the gears shift through the wheel. It's truly amazing stuff. I'm seriously hoping that the Fanatec version will be as good as the G Pro or maybe even better.

I think some fans remember the "good old days" when Gran turismo was a cutting-edge sim in a niche genre. But today there's obviously plenty of sim alternatives, so his expectations need to come down to earth a bit. GT today is less about strictly sim racing and more about passion of car culture with their focus on car scapes, social integration, car customisation with liverys and the like
this has always been the case. From GT1/2 days when the PC sims like NR2003, Grand Prix Legends, GTR etc were the "real sims" to now. Gran Turismo has never been a "cutting edge sim."

edit - oh, i see this is quite an old thread and I'm responding to old comments. lol...

Last edited:
this has always been the case. From GT1/2 days when the PC sims like NR2003, Grand Prix Legends, GTR etc were the "real sims" to now. Gran Turismo has never been a "cutting edge sim."

edit - oh, i see this is quite an old thread and I'm responding to old comments. lol...
Your timeline is a little suspect.

Your timeline is a little suspect.
OK, a little. I mean GPL was what, 98? Indycar2 was out before that. I pretty much always remember Gran Turismo being considered less of a "hardcore sim" than what was available on the PC. It's certainly not just a recent development that there's "simmier" alternatives that's for sure...however, what Gran Turismo always did have was a visual authenticity that most other sims couldn't really match. I remember the replays being a huge thing early on. And the cars seemed to visually be "on the road" so to speak whereas most other games it always looked like the cars were floating a bit or weirdly disconnected from the road surface.

Last edited:
Just found out that the new Fanatec dd+ extreme is capped at 83% or 12.45nm torque. That's still a great amount of torque, just wish they would remove the cap and let the players use the full 15nm torque like it's advertised as having.... Especially since PD collaborated with Fanatec on this.

Just found out that the new Fanatec dd+ extreme is capped at 83% or 12.45nm torque. That's still a great amount of torque, just wish they would remove the cap and let the players use the full 15nm torque like it's advertised as having.... Especially since PD collaborated with Fanatec on this.
Where did you learn about this exact number? 12.45Nm?

Back