Gran Turismo 7's Next "Big" Update is Coming This Week: Adds Seven New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 703 comments
I did a little happy dance when I saw this in the update details: "The prizes for Quick Race and Custom Race have been increased. Credits awarded for these races increase based on the player's Collector Level and Circuit Experience progress."

Looking forward to collecting some credits when I use custom races to practice for GTWS events.

Why does PD get the year wrong for most cars? So many of the new models added to the game are listed 2022, but are actually 2023. Ditto years earlier as well. Minor nit pick, but whatever

Why does PD get the year wrong for most cars? So many of the new models added to the game are listed 2022, but are actually 2023. Ditto years earlier as well. Minor nit pick, but whatever
So... they don't. The USA does.

I've never been entirely able to work out why the USA has this weird "model year" thing, wherein a car that's available as early as March is classed as a car from the next calendar year. However the entire rest of the world uses calendar years, with a handful of exceptions that are rarely any earlier than Q4 of the previous calendar year.

The 992 GT3 RS just added to the game was launched in 2022, as a 2022 car. Here it is being reviewed 13 months ago, in early October 2022, by the UK's AutoExpress:

And the UK's Car magazine 12 months ago, in late October 2022:

But in the USA it's called a "2023" car because of the odd model year system used there. Here it is being reviewed at exactly the same time as the above reviews - October 2022 - by the USA's Road & Track:

GT7 uses, as the rest of the world does, the car's actual calendar year.

I've never been entirely able to work out why the USA has this weird "model year" thing, wherein a car that's available as early as March is classed as a car from the next calendar year. However the entire rest of the world uses calendar years, with a handful of exceptions that are rarely any earlier than Q4 of the previous calendar year.

The 992 GT3 RS just added to the game was launched in 2022, as a 2022 car. Here it is being reviewed 13 months ago, in early October 2022, by the UK's AutoExpress:

But in the USA it's called a "2023" car because of the odd model year system used there. Here it is being reviewed at exactly the same time as the above reviews - October 2022 - by the USA's Road & Track:

I was just about to mention this, haha. I don't get the model year thing in the US, and I live here.

Last edited:
Canada does it too, it makes no sense.

Really cool update though, it's nice to see a Canadian track just in time for winter.

Last edited:

Its a sales tactic. Makes us feel more exclusive, if you will. If you ever wonder why something is the way it is in the States, the answer is probably money........or racism.

If you ever wonder why something is the way it is in the States, the answer is probably money........or racism.
Coming To America Bar GIF

Its a sales tactic. Makes us feel more exclusive, if you will. If you ever wonder why something is the way it is in the States, the answer is probably money........or racism.
Both, always both. Lol

I suspect the american car industry looked at EA Sports FIFA games and went "wait, we can sell stuff in 2022 and call it 2023, just for marketing purposes? SWEET!"

You wait till you see how they write the date…

I've never been entirely able to work out why the USA has this weird "model year" thing, wherein a car that's available as early as March is classed as a car from the next calendar year.
I actually know this one. It's historical. In the early days of the auto industry, the US economy was still heavily farming-oriented, and farmers grew their crops in the spring and summer and sold them in the fall. So they were mostly saving their money and not making any unnecessary purchases until they made all their money for the year at harvest time. Therefore the natural time to debut new cars was the autumn. It also made sense from a manufacturing standpoint because there was more daylight and warmth at the factories in the summer.

Over time of course the manus solved the heating and lighting problems, and the customer base changed but the model year cycle didn't because it was built in to how car companies worked. These days they just try to get their new cars out before the other guy.

I've never been entirely able to work out why the USA has this weird "model year" thing, wherein a car that's available as early as March is classed as a car from the next calendar year..
I was just about to mention this, haha. I don't get the model year thing in the US, and I live here.
Marketing. It's September and you want to buy a car. You want it to be 2023 or 2024? Most will say the latter even though it's the exact same car, just because it sounds newer.

Smoke and mirrors but that is why.

You wait till you see how they write the date…
You mean exactly how it's said? What is today? It's November 2nd, 2023, aka 11/2/23. Easy peasy :cool:

Last edited:
Marketing. It's September and you want to buy a car. You want it to be 2023 or 2024? Most will say the latter even though it's the exact same car, just because it sounds newer.

You mean exactly how it's said? What is today? It's November 2nd, 2023, aka 11/2/23. Easy peasy :cool:
I would say it's the 2nd of November ;).

Whenever I get a file or paperwork with a US date on it it has the capacity to cause chaos if it's on or before the 12th of the month.

We see 05/02/2023 and default it to 5th of February 2023, exactley as you'd say it in English as well as in Italian, or Spanish, or French, or German...

Absolute chaos :lol:

Last edited:
Ahhh, the good old meme science. I wonder the order it is on a calendar... month on top of the day I recon.

Whenever I get a file or paperwork with a US date on it it has the capacity to cause chaos if it's on or before the 12th of the month.

We see 05/02/2023 and default it to 5th of February 2023, exactley as you'd say it in English as well as in Italian, or Spanish, or French, or German...

That's how we roll! :cheers:

Person sending that paper work with a US Date:

elmo-flames.gif

Thanks for the long detailed reply. Though it certainly seems that of late, for many limited production cars, they're 100% unavailable until the actual model year (that lines up with the US's odd system). Also it's the automakers that label stuff for designated model year, no?

Even ducks are racists.... what the hell that has to do with how they do things in MMMmmmerica.

Last edited:
My first impression is that it’s a good update, nothing more, nothing less. The new license tests has reminded me of how much I hate the constant messages that you have to skip through. Such a joy killer.

The Sophy races are fun, but the rolling starts kills the immersion.

The Nismo 400R lives up to the hype, though. I absolutely love it.

Poo reactions incoming in 3… 2… 1…

Since when is Nov 2nd also known as 11th Feb?!?! 😂

Back