Gran Turismo 7's Next "Big" Update is Coming This Week: Adds Seven New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 703 comments
I think people just deslike the fact that there’s no races with grid starts and the fact that you don’t start side by side like irl rolling starts.
Don't get me wrong, grid starts are fun, but yeah🤷

And side by side rollers, OK, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

Don't get me wrong, grid starts are fun, but yeah🤷

And side by side rollers, OK, but it's hardly a deal breaker.
It does remove that adrenaline rush of the first lap, even though it’s for a good reason (at least on multiplayer).

Genuine question - why do so many people say rolling starts kills the immersion?

Anyone watched WEC this season? Plenty of rolling starts there...
I don't dislike rolling starts in general, but I do dislike the rolling starts that make up a large number of GT7's races where the cars start with large gaps between one another. But rolling starts in general are fine. Standing starts are also fine and a different challenge.

Last edited:
Dang guys I just had to spend $300 on MTX to afford some of the new cars and engine swaps. Can we please go back to smaller content updates?
If you're spending like that, it'll probably be BIGGER updates.

Thats crazy. Even if you got it.

Dang guys I just had to spend $300 on MTX to afford some of the new cars and engine swaps. Can we please go back to smaller content updates?
You didn't have to, you chose to spend $300. ;)

You could've just played the game for a few hours to earn the credits, and I'm pretty sure a couple of the new cars are awarded for the new licence tests as well.

I think people just deslike the fact that there’s no races with grid starts and the fact that you don’t start side by side like irl rolling starts.
I wonder if all the people whining about rolling starts and chasing rabbits even realize that this update has finally added more of the Clubman Cup Plus and GT Cup Gr.3 races where that's not the case. Maybe if they did, they could play those events a bunch and make Polyphony realize that they're great and we need more of them (which I totally agree with). That would require them to actually challenge themselves instead of just whining on the Internet, though, so I dunno about that...

Seriously, though, those races are the best part of the update, why is no one talking about them? Is everyone just obsessed with credits now?

Last edited:
Are there any races with Sophy that are longer than 3 laps?

I couldn't find any. All the races I found were 2 lap for intermediate and 3 laps for expert

Last edited:
These are some damn good changes i've seen, PD!
Only glanced at it, mind, but i'm getting some GT5 vibes here.
Lol, that’s supposed to be a good thing? Worst game in the series.
Genuine question - why do so many people say rolling starts kills the immersion?

Well, I doubt you watched it yourself? Rolling starts in GT7 is nothing like in real life. Also, to me it doesn’t make sense to have rolling starts in a 3 lap battle between normal cars. Just as you suggest, rolling starts are usually used in endurance racing.

Well, maybe, but is there also one guy who has to start from last position on every single race?😉

I am ok with them. Only thing that is annoying is that those starts are single tile not two tile.

Oh.. And I was disapointed that Super Formula events are not Grid Starts... :(

So riddle me this...

To complete the RB cafe I need the RB 2019. Says I don't have it. So I go to the dealership and it says I already have it. So I go to my garage, and lo and behold there it is... albeit the Anniversary Edition and not the Competition Edition. So I guess I don't have the Competition version... until I go to the dealership and it says I do. :ill:

I don't mind buying cars I don't have but it's 3mil and what appears to be an exact replica of the Anniversary edition so I'd rather not... yet anyway.

Last edited:
So riddle me this...

To complete the RB cafe I need the RB 2019. Says I don't have it. So I go to the dealership and it says I already have it. So I go to my garage, and lo and behold there it is... albeit the Anniversary Edition and not the Competition Edition. So I guess I don't have the Competition version... until I go to the dealership and it says I do. :ill:

I don't mind buying cars I don't have but it's 3mil and what appears to be an exact replica of the Anniversary edition so I'd rather not... yet anyway.
The 25th Anniversary edition is the competition version (you can confirm this in the car collection menu). The reason the extra menu book says you don't have it is because they don’t count it for some reason! not sure why as other gifts/dlc counts

So riddle me this...

Thats weird. I did those races with the aniversary edition.

Thats weird. I did those races with the aniversary edition.
To clarify, I may be able to use the Anniversary edition for the races, but it doesn't count on the "extra menus" part. So I've got two of the three required cars checked off. It shows I don't have the Competition RB19 but when I go into the dealership it shows that little blue book icon that it's already acquired.

It shows I don't have the Competition RB19 but when I go into the dealership it shows that little blue book icon that it's already acquired.
Any chance you bought in sometime in the past and have since sold it? Would still show at the dealers as acquired for the collection.

I wonder if all the people whining about rolling starts and chasing rabbits even realize that this update has finally added more of the Clubman Cup Plus and GT Cup Gr.3 races where that's not the case. Maybe if they did, they could play those events a bunch and make Polyphony realize that they're great and we need more of them (which I totally agree with). That would require them to actually challenge themselves instead of just whining on the Internet, though, so I dunno about that...

Seriously, though, those races are the best part of the update, why is no one talking about them? Is everyone just obsessed with credits now?
The Fuji one is a meme. I haven't beaten yet, but my 190E (660pp) got thrashed by trucks and a minivan so my tail is a little between my legs right now. They're a lot of fun!

To bring it back to credits though, why is the new Daytona race so poorly paid out? Three more laps in another events nets you pretty much double.

Last edited:
To clarify, I may be able to use the Anniversary edition for the races, but it doesn't count on the "extra menus" part. So I've got two of the three required cars checked off. It shows I don't have the Competition RB19 but when I go into the dealership it shows that little blue book icon that it's already acquired.
I did all 3 races with the Anniversary edition and got the reward.
Do you have the redbull menu active?
Go to the cafe and see if there is an option to activate it.

Any chance you bought in sometime in the past and have since sold it? Would still show at the dealers as acquired for the collection.
I suppose but highly unlikely. I don't sell cars I only have one of (except the VW Beetle and Samba Bus as I hate them both on principle haha).

I did all 3 races with the Anniversary edition and got the reward.
Do you have the redbull menu active?
Go to the cafe and see if there is an option to activate it.
This is what I am seeing...

Empty slot in the cafe extra.

Resized_20231102_170253.jpeg

But when I go to the dealership it says I've already "acquired" it (and you can see the Ann. version at the top that I am currently in). I am wondering if it's getting confused since I have the Ann edition? I dunno. If it wasn't 3mil I wouldn't care, but ouch!

Resized_20231102_170344.jpeg

Is it a prize for completing the race menu? If so, I'll just do that.

Last edited:
The Fuji one is a meme. I haven't beaten yet, but my 190E (660pp) got thrashed by trucks and a minivan so my tail is a little between my legs right now. They're a lot of fun!

To bring it back to credits though, why is the new Daytona race so poorly paid out? Three more laps in another events nets you pretty much double.
Because it would be too difficult for them to go, “this race in a car with the recommended PP would take 7 minutes, Sardegna on average pays $28,000 per minute so you will earn $196,000 if you get first and have fun fighting for first. However if you want to enter this race with a car that’s 800pp not 550pp you will earn less since you will be running faster lap times, you‘re winnings will be subject to a decrease of 15% every 50pp you go over and you will not have as much fun competing with the cars in the race”

Lol, that’s supposed to be a good thing? Worst game in the series.

Well, I doubt you watched it yourself? Rolling starts in GT7 is nothing like in real life. Also, to me it doesn’t make sense to have rolling starts in a 3 lap battle between normal cars. Just as you suggest, rolling starts are usually used in endurance racing.
They're used in a lot of kart racing too (due to the lack of clutches)

I suppose but highly unlikely. I don't sell cars I only have one of (except the VW Beetle and Samba Bus as I hate them both on principle haha).

This is what I am seeing...

Empty slot in the cafe extra.

View attachment 1300330

But when I go to the dealership it says I've already "acquired" it (and you can see the Ann. version at the top that I am currently in). I am wondering if it's getting confused since I have the Ann edition? I dunno. If it wasn't 3mil I wouldn't care, but ouch!

View attachment 1300331

Is it a prize for completing the race menu? If so, I'll just do that.
Yes, that seems to be an error.
The game is the counting Anniversary and competition editions as being diferent and counting only the Competition edition for this menu.
Just buy another competition edition and do the "abarth vs tomahawk" grind if you need fast credits

WTCC used to do both standing and rolling starts to help negate the off-the-line benefit of the RWD cars.

Back