Gran Turismo 7's Online Features Will Continue to Evolve, says Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Famine
  • 186 comments
And yet watching the GTWS was some of the most fun Gran Turismo content that I've experienced in the past few months. Just because it's something you don't click or engage with doesn't mean that it's all a pointless waste of time that nobody likes. The viewership numbers for the finals were climbing day by day, the Nations final was full of drama and was an insanely fun watch. The rewards were a fun incentive and I know for a fact it got people watching the events that ended up watching for the racing, not for the answers.

I've had great times watching these events with friends online and talking to some of the people who are involved in them like Danny Solis or Mikail Hizal, all of which are amazing people. They're all part of the same community as we both are.

I'd recommend you try it for yourself instead of sitting alone tapping away at a keyboard slandering Kaz by making him seem like a creep for quite frankly no reason.
Instead of going on and on, you might want to compare the GT7 sales with the GTWS views. Or even participants. GTWS is for sponsors, Pros but not the average player. As you thankfully mentioned, you are part of that bubble. From inside it might seem significant, which it is not. Its a glamour thing, whilst day in day out the games reality isnt glamourous at all. I have no doubt that it might be fun for you and thats nothing but great. But as an average player with no interest in your glamour stuffs, I have a faulty product, thats just it.

And it wont be fixed by a Hollywood movie or glamourous championships for the few chosen ones.

So, yamauchi made a few strange remarks about a walking-through-nature game hes interested in and one pretty arrogant post that people should view gt7 from a somewhat long term point of view. That makes hin a creep indeed. Also it shows his lack of respect for the customers. So theres no need to talk especially respectful of him. Deliver a good game, be humble and appreciative - then that might change.

And where do you believe they came from?
McDonalds?

Instead of going on and on, you might want to compare the GT7 sales with the GTWS views. Or even participants. GTWS is for sponsors, Pros but not the average player. As you thankfully mentioned, you are part of that bubble. From inside it might seem significant, which it is not. Its a glamour thing, whilst day in day out the games reality isnt glamourous at all. I have no doubt that it might be fun for you and thats nothing but great. But as an average player with no interest in your glamour stuffs, I have a faulty product, thats just it.
I am an average player too. The only bubble I'm part of is that of the GT community - I have no inside connections to GTWS or anything, the reason I have spoken to the people that I have mentioned is because they are part of the GT community as well. Some browse here, some you can talk to in the various GT Discord servers, some you can message on Twitter. I just engage with the part of the game you choose to write off.

It's not a glamour thing, it's just an entertainment thing. It's fun to watch. Trust me, if I was part of the GTWS bubble I'd have been at Monaco! (and trying to get a photo with Famine :D).

Last edited:
Um, no offense, but... to the ones calling Kaz a hack/needs a reality check/etc, have you ever considered the possibility that calling him such names is going to help little in the long run?

I get that you are frustrated with this game (I have issues myself with the lack of career events, for one), but come on. At least try and be better than that. =/

Also, I agree with all of what Nebuc has said.

Um, no offense, but... to the ones calling Kaz a hack/needs a reality check/etc, have you ever considered the possibility that calling him such names is going to help little in the long run?

I get that you are frustrated with this game (I have issues myself with the lack of career events, for one), but come on. At least try and be better than that. =/

Also, I agree with all of what Nebuc has said.
True in that early instance.

But are we then expected sit there and to be all rosy and dandy about the current state of GT7? Doing nothing won’t help in the long run that much because then our opinions get completely ignored (they still do anyway but they at least somewhat listened to the early payout issue).

I do believe Kaz does need a sort of reality check because I think
he‘s a bit out of touch now which is sad but it‘s just the strong feeling. Yes, we want the online features to evolve and improve the game but there are plenty of other things that need evolving e.g Single Player Career Mode.

But are we then expected sit there and to be all rosy and dandy about the current state of GT7? Doing nothing won’t help in the long run that much because then our opinions get completely ignored (they still do anyway but they at least somewhat listened to the early payout issue).
I'm not saying to say and do nothing. I'm saying you can voice your complaints without resorting to name calling and other stuff. That is all.

'Cause otherwise, to be blunt, I feel like this kind of behavior is at least one reason why Kaz and PD don't want to interact with us.

We have right to voice our complaints we are fans.
Well why can't you also praise what they do right ?? Some of you come off as just complaining because it's popular to hate on GT, many in community criticize but also praise, like with the last update adding Road Atlanta and increasing race payouts....things the community asked for including selling cars ..

And it wont be fixed by a Hollywood movie or glamourous championships for the few chosen ones.

So, yamauchi made a few strange remarks about a walking-through-nature game hes interested in and one pretty arrogant post that people should view gt7 from a somewhat long term point of view. That makes hin a creep indeed. Also it shows his lack of respect for the customers. So theres no need to talk especially respectful of him. Deliver a good game, be humble and appreciative - then that might change.

McDonalds?
So why don't you try being appreciative instead of whining and moaning, you are what's wrong with this community...no praise just constant venom and disrespect....if it's so easy to make a great game put your money on the table and tell kaz how to fix it, otherwise just don't play anymore...

I am an average player too.
Says the guy who is always at least eight tenths ahead of my quali times.

I'm a big proponent of eSports to popularize games. It's worked plenty of times with other games but something is off about sim racing eSports. It doesn't seem to gain the traction that other genres do. Which makes no sense to me, but that is just how it is.

I really respect Kaz for not giving up on his eSports dreams. I think GT is the perfect game to bring sim racing pro league to the mainstream. It would be great to see orgs like Penta, TSM, G2, et al get involved with Gran Turismo but for some reason, they're forced to stay away. That's a real shame.

I'm a big proponent of eSports to popularize games. It's worked plenty of times with other games but something is off about sim racing eSports. It doesn't seem to gain the traction that other genres do.
Because you can watch professional drivers racing in real cars on real tracks in person or on TV hosted by massive sporting organizations. You can also just go to a racetrack and drive on it yourself. What's the incentive for watching a simulation of those same events?

There's no IRL equivalent to League or DOTA or CSGO or Apex.

Last edited:
Well why can't you also praise what they do right ?? Some of you come off as just complaining because it's popular to hate on GT, many in community criticize but also praise, like with the last update adding Road Atlanta and increasing race payouts....things the community asked for including selling cars ..
Been a member here for over 10 yrs, never had to complain about previous titles.. it has never been popular to HATE on gt; we expect equal or better to previous titles, and this was pushed out unready obviously. We don't hate the game or we wouldn't become a member.
(Even though these past updates I have seen alot of new people to create accounts to complain here likes its pd suggestion box)

Watching the finals in spectacular graphics, and all this championship/25th anniversary hype is fine and dandy, but we cannot go online and enjoy the same type of "quality".

Race payouts. lol. Pretty sure its still le sarthe and tokyo still the go to. No big payouts.
Atlanta Track. 1 layout. After such a delay expected a little more real estate.
Selling. Long overdue. Actually interesting, other than the organization.
With my og mentality I mass deleted duplicates and gift cars figuring they would have no value if sell ever did come.
Now I just have the privilege of getting the 30k credits instead of another unwanted hellcat safety car.
Right off the roulette table into the used lot.

I still play daily, helped me pass time recovering from surgery.

..just got a six star engine for my daily. Only my 96th Honda 2.0. But no complaints...

Last edited:
If we did not complain there would be no selling cars.

By the way it nearly took a whole year to add this feature. When it was suppose to be there at the start.

Because you can watch professional drivers racing in real cars on real tracks in person or on TV hosted by massive sporting organizations. You can also just go to a racetrack and drive on it yourself. What's the incentive for watching a simulation of those same events?

There's no IRL equivalent to League or DOTA or CSGO or Apex.
That may certainly be a factor but I don't think that's the whole of it. I believe that GTWS should allow the players to bring sponsorships with them. I would have no doubt they would be scooped up by organizations in a flash.

Hi did anybody ask him in the interview if in later updates some of the tracks we have without dynamic weather could be getting it in the future update, I would love to have some wet weather attracts like Daytona, trail mountain, Brazil or any more,

As for online update for lobby’s, I really hope the opportunity for driver Swap can come to the game, and I would love to see more daily races, and I think one letter should be at least a 30 lap endurance with dynamic weather, look how good the racing was this weekend at the World Series final in Monaco in the manufactures cup, I would throw a curveball at the end of the race to decide what tires to go on the Inter or heavy wet.

I played GT2, GT3 and GT4. Then again continue insulting people if thats the best argument you got.
You're the one insulting Kaz and hating on GT 7 some of your reasons are valid but you act like they haven't tried changing things and improving the experience.....is it perfect no, but it's far better than what it was back in March....

Last edited:
Back