Gran Turismo 7's Online Features Will Continue to Evolve, says Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Famine
  • 186 comments
No, I'm stating that this is the fourth different article we've published from this round-table interview.

If you'd availed yourself of that information before your post berating us for only asking about one thing you wouldn't have made it.

In addition to those four, there were two further questions that didn't generate an answer - one of which was stopped by the Sony handler.

And I wasn't even in the room.
It doesn't surprise me to be honest. Kaz appears to be playing a completely different game to us, he has no idea.

What about the implementation of SOPHY, did they refuse to go into further details about that as well? I still believe it will not be applied to offline in the way that we want, but would be good to seek clarification on this. Sophy is GT7's last hope, at least for me, anyway.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me to be honest. Kaz appears to be playing a completely different game to us, he has no idea.

What about the implementation of SOPHY, did they refuse to go into further details about that as well? I still believe it will not be applied to offline in the way that we want, but would be good to seek clarification on this. Sophy is GT7's last hope, at least for me, anyway.
If you're waiting on Sophy to save the game, give up your hope now because they never said that's what is was meant to do.

Any talk about Sophy replacing the games AI has been drummed up purely by the playerbases copium, PD have seldom said a word about it outside of some possible uses (none of which were "replace ingame AI") and Sony AI have only promoted it as a "look what we can do" type thing.

It's a tech showcase that will likely come to the game in the form of something akin to the Hamilton time trials at worst, and specific finely tuned AI showcase races at best.

Where are the others? In the News section, I can only find this, and the article about the pointless GT movie.

I am completely gutted that no single player questions were asked when it's probably the biggest bone of contention amongst the community.

The fact that they felt the need to regulate the interview, shows that they know that those questions are what the community really want answers for.... and they are desperate to avoid having to address them.

That shows a complete lack of connection and how far out of touch they are with the fans and their concerns about the game, and that is the worst possible thing a developer could do to a fanbase. PD, lead by Kaz are so stubborn, narrow minded and naive, it sometimes beggars belief.

... literally nothing at all. It's standard PR industry practice.
It does. It shows they wanted to avoid answering those questions. And they and we know why. Because it's an absolute wretched economy, with criminally restricted roulettes and literally only 2 races in the entire game worth doing for credits - Something Kaz actively said he wanted to avoid. If they had nothing to hide or wanted to explain why it is how it is, or any changes they may make in the future, they'd be happy to elaborate.

I'm fully aware it's standard practice, and it usually is for a reason - usually for a cynical one. But it definitely does show something, or they wouldn't have included that caveat in the briefing.

they wouldn't have included that caveat in the briefing.
What caveat - and what briefing?
Standard PR Industry Practice yes. But there are reasons for it to be SPECIFIC to those areas of the game. They haven’t just threw darts to see which topics we shouldn’t talk about today.
I don't really know what you're talking about right now. What was specific to what?

The reason for PR handlers in interviews is, almost always, because they want to talk about and promote the thing everyone's there for, and not have the overexcited interview subject reveal other things ahead of time.

You’re starting to sound like PR yourself.
:lol:

I don't really know what you're talking about right now. What was specific to what?

The reason for PR handlers in interviews is, almost always, because they want to talk about and promote the thing everyone's there for, and not have the overexcited interview subject reveal other things ahead of time.

:lol:
Because everybody was there to talk about the GT Movie and PC version of GT7 right?

The fact you were advised what questions were on and off the table prior to the interview. Sorry if 'briefing' and 'caveat' wasn't the correct terminology, but surely my post wasn't that difficult to get the gist of?

Or, to avoid answering potentially awkward questions about valid grievances players have of the game.

I am completely gutted that no single player questions were asked when it's probably the biggest bone of contention amongst the community.

They were permitted from asking questions related to the economy or game progression; it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Basically it's like sitting down for an interview with Putin and state media. Haha.

Last edited:
Because everybody was there to talk about the GT Movie and PC version of GT7 right?
Again, absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It'd help if you read all of a post before responding rather than kneejerking out something.

The fact you were advised what questions were on and off the table prior to the interview. Sorry if 'briefing' and 'caveat' wasn't the correct terminology, but surely my post wasn't that difficult to get the gist of?
I don't know where this has come from, but we were not "advised what questions were on and off the table prior to the interview".

Either one of two things has happened. Kaz is not commenting on the state of single player because he is well aware that it is lifeless, particularly in the AI department. Or GT Planet simply haven't bothered to ask the pressing questions that we're all so keen to hear.

From all the mixed messaging it is hard to tell if GT Planet have even bothered.

Last edited:
This about says as much.
No, it doesn't. And he's also right.

I really don't know how I can be more unequivocal here. There was no briefing before the round-table interview in which the participants - which included GTPlanet - were advised or told what topics were or were not permitted as the subject of questions.

Either one of two things has happened. Kaz is not commenting on the state of single player because he is well aware that it is lifeless, particularly in the AI department. Or GT Planet simply haven't bothered to ask the pressing questions that we're all so keen to hear.

From all the mixed messaging it is hard to tell if GT Planet have even bothered.
Ah, back to berating us I see.

Last edited:

I really don't know how I can be more unequivocal here. There was no briefing before the round-table interview in which the participants - which included GTPlanet - were advised or told what topics were or were not permitted as the subject of questions.
He literally says questions about the economy were off the table. Which is what I was referring to. They were actively avoiding talking about that particular issue, by telling you not to ask questions about them.

I don't know how can I make this point any more clearer?

You're also being very contradictory. On one hand saying it's common practice for PD to highlight what to and what not to ask, depending on the features they would like to push, but then denying that PD put any restrictions on questions. If there were no restrictions, then why did you not press harder about the state of single player and the economy in the game?

Last edited:

Ah, back to berating us I see.

Berating is probably an appropriate choice of wording yes, and it is accurate. I feel like you're intentionally misleading or confusing people with your replies.

Interestingly, you have also failed to answer as well. Did GT Planet ask the pressing questions and were denied, or did you simply not ask them at all? I am very keen to hear your answer.

And when I refer to the 'pressing questions', I am obviously discussing the lack of competition currently with the AI, playing catchup, and the likelihood that sophy may be introduced to rectify that, etc, etc

Last edited:
He literally says questions about the economy were off the table. Which is what I was referring to. They were actively avoiding talking about that particular issue, by telling you not to ask questions about them.

I don't know how can I make this point any more clearer?
And to repeat, we were not told not to ask questions about any subject before the interview by anyone.
Berating is probably an appropriate choice of wording yes, and it is accurate. I feel like you're intentionally misleading or confusing people with your replies.

Interestingly, you have also failed to answer as well. Did GT Planet ask the pressing questions and were denied, or did you simply not ask them at all? I am very keen to hear your answer.

And when I refer to the 'pressing questions', I am obviously discussing the lack of competition currently with the AI, playing catchup, and the likelihood that sophy may be introduced to rectify that, etc, etc
You were previously attacking us for only asking one question in this fourth different interview question article thread...

I already answered that two further questions were asked that did not get answers - one of which was closed down by the Sony PR handler.

There will be an additional article on Sophy coming along at some point, as this was a separate activity.

Last edited:
To those making insinuating accusations claiming questions asked in a promotional setting didn’t go far enough, I have an honest question:

Are any of you adults with real experience in corporate professional settings in any capacity?

If not as I’m assuming, contrary to your opinions, this wasn’t Reddit ask me anything. It was a promotional press event.

I’m honestly shocked by the lack of real world common sense being displayed… as a contrarian I wish I could join in on the mod bashing but they are totally right on this one and acted professionally, created content for the site being cited in other news sites, and did a generally great job on this.

Maybe one day Kaz will do a Ask Me Anything then you can ask away

Come one guys, for PD this was advertising. What do you think they do the GTWS for? And when you’re advertising/selling you want the message that the media take to be your message.

Obviously there are things to be addressed, I have issues with the state of things as well, but let’s not be naive or just turn off our brains because we want to find something that validates our concerns/issues we have with the game.

Kaz could just as easily answered something along the lines of “we’re looking into what the community is saying and we will share any news whenever we’re ready”. You would get the same information, meaning zero information, and it would just be a waste of time and something for the press, who may have an agenda and are looking for clicks, to focus on.

I, and most likely most of you the same situation, would have done the same and that does not mean anything.

Again, absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

It'd help if you read all of a post before responding rather than kneejerking out something.

I don't know where this has come from, but we were not "advised what questions were on and off the table prior to the interview".
So when you’ve got a chink in your armour your go to defence is ‘I don’t know what you’re taking about’?

You just said and I quote “The reason for PR handlers in interviews is, almost always, because they want to talk about and promote the thing everyone's there for, and not have the overexcited interview subject reveal other things ahead of time”

So my question to you put fourth was, so were people there for the GT movie and GT7 PC version? Since evidently those questions were permitted to be asked.

And don't be fooled by my disagreement with you to be knee jerking, I am simply trying to understand your point of view.

Last edited:
To those making insinuating accusations claiming questions asked in a promotional setting didn’t go far enough, I have an honest question:

Are any of you adults with real experience in corporate professional settings in any capacity?

If not as I’m assuming, contrary to your opinions, this wasn’t Reddit ask me anything. It was a promotional press event.

I’m honestly shocked by the lack of real world common sense being displayed… as a contrarian I wish I could join in on the mod bashing but they are totally right on this one and acted professionally, created content for the site being cited in other news sites, and did a generally great job on this.

Maybe one day Kaz will do a Ask Me Anything then you can ask away

*Keyboard Kamikazes

And to repeat, we were not told not to ask questions about any subject before the interview by anyone.
So why were, and I quote, "questions about the games' economy and progression off the table" if you weren't told not to ask questions about them. How did you know they were off the table? Because a member of Sony stopped you?

And if they weren't off the table, why didn't you ask about it and the rest of single player mode?

I'm getting nowhere here. You're sidestepping the point as proficiently as Kaz would himself.

I believe PD know exactly how the player base feel about the state of single player, how stale, monotonous and lifeless it is, and they strategically diverted or discouraged you, either before or during, from bringing it up in your questioning, as to avoid answering them. Or else @Tomhlord wouldn't have said what he did.

I'm done.

Back