Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 856 comments
  • 89,646 views
A BMW M4 GT3 was one of the cars on display at last years GTWS World Finals event, with all the other cars being ones that already featured in GT7 at the time (A90 Supra, 787B, Ford GT, Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq 5N, Spirit Racing 12R) except for the BMW M4 GT3, and the Porsche 911 GT3R, the latter of which arrived in an update earlier this year.

As such, people are under the assumption that the M4 GT3 is coming as some point, as it is the only car that featured at the World Finals event to not be in GT7 at this point, and either alongside or before it, an M4 road car, since all modern GT3 additions have came alongside or after their road going counterpart.
The road model (specifically a M4 Competition?) was also shown at London that year:
Instagram's-Instagram-2026-09-28-05-27-56-720x1280-streamshot.webp


That round also had an AMG GT63, RC-F Track Edition (also at Berlin), efini FD RX-7 (since added), and BTCC Levin.

Berlin also had a G-Wagen and Cayman GT4 RS.
1790573540865.webp
 
Last edited:
The road model (specifically a M4 Competition?) was also shown at London that year:
View attachment 1567896

That round also had an AMG GT63, RC-F Track Edition (also at Berlin), efini FD RX-7 (since added), and BTCC Levin.

Berlin also had a G-Wagen and Cayman GT4 RS.
View attachment 1567897
I was there and spoke to a German man who just sources cars for the GTWS events, they’re not an indication of potential cars coming to the game.

They just are cars brought to shows as it draws attention from general public to the event as well as bringing “car culture” to the event.

But when a car gets added to GT7 that happened to be on display at these events, we will most likely see people believing the two are linked…
 
I was there and spoke to a German man who just sources cars for the GTWS events, they’re not an indication of potential cars coming to the game.

They just are cars brought to shows as it draws attention from general public to the event as well as bringing “car culture” to the event.

But when a car gets added to GT7 that happened to be on display at these events, we will most likely see people believing the two are linked…
I remember last year at the LA GTWS they had the Mazda RT24-P in the parking lot displayed
 
Maybe some are thinking the wrong BMWs. There are still the BMW 2002 turbo and 2002 Tii models from the datamine.

We’ve had some updates that followed certain cars that showed up in the UCD and LCD during the week and a weeks before new cars were added.
We’ve just had the Porsche RS ‘73 just sell out a couple days ago. The ‘69 Camaro and ‘69 Alfa GTV are now available. The 2002 Tii could show up as a car that ran the North American Trans-Am series of the era with the cars noted above. We’re still missing the Datsun 510, but the Nissan Skyline ‘70 is in the LCD as an alternative. Meanwhile, the 240 ZG is in the UCD.

As for say the Mugen Civic, right now, in the UCD, the gamut of Group A homologated cars are in the UCD. Both E30s, the RS 500 and R32 NISMO. Even the 190 E is available in the LCD. Recently, the AE86 models were also available.

PD could adding anything. Good stuff.

Other than the further Spec IV update details, wonder what will be shown this weekend. Will we see the new trailer or the next peek at cars for December? Exciting times. ;)
 
Last edited:
Other than the further Spec IV update details, wonder what will be shown this weekend. Will we see the new trailer or the next peek at cars for December? Exciting times. ;)
I'm of the impression that the six cars shown in the State of Play announcement will be split between the 2 part update. First three will be shown with another three we haven't seen for Part 1 while the second three will be paired with another unsee 3 for Part 2.

I don't see PD giving away ALL the surprises in one event.
 
The road model (specifically a M4 Competition?) was also shown at London that year:
View attachment 1567896

That round also had an AMG GT63, RC-F Track Edition (also at Berlin), efini FD RX-7 (since added), and BTCC Levin.

Berlin also had a G-Wagen and Cayman GT4 RS.
View attachment 1567897
There were vehicles on display at the Sydney event in 2020 that have never been added to the game; I wouldn't read too much into it.
 
Do we think it's Sophy 4.0 for Custom/Quick Races or just the Power Pack I wonder
I just want the sophy from that limited time test. The first time they let everyone try it. The sophy that could be turned all the way up and in equal machinery at tsukuba, was almost impossible to beat their lap times (you could only get in front of them at corner 1 and then block them the rest of the race)
 
I just want the sophy from that limited time test. The first time they let everyone try it. The sophy that could be turned all the way up and in equal machinery at tsukuba, was almost impossible to beat their lap times (you could only get in front of them at corner 1 and then block them the rest of the race)
I suspect that version had artificial boost, meaning higher speed&acceleration than possible in the GT7 physics, but this is just speculation from my side. If that AI Sophy version was in GT7 for player testing, some experts would soon know the real factual truth by doing lots of trial&error tests.
 
Interesting would be getting Sophy to career mode. We know there is going to be new version. Sophy 3.0 already is capable of using all features of GT7 with weather etc. It seems possible to get Sophy for World Events.
This could (almost) save GT7's single player experience. I'll give them props if they do this, but I imagine if they do, it's because GT8 is a way out. If they make the races close rolling starts or grid stars (the latter please), and that I don't always start in last place, I'll be happy. But the most important thing is a close grid at the start.
 
I’m hoping SOPHY can use the Chaser and Mark II come October. If SOPHY can add the new cars after each update I’ll be happy.
 
Looking forward to the World Circuit events to be made for Sugo.
I can see all racing Groups having events. Maybe themed Group A JTCC like what were done for DTM Weekly Challenges and Power Pack races.

I'd most likely expect low PP Japanese cars and Turbo events and maybe another All-In Chilli+, similar to the Fuji event.
 
I would expecting Autumn Ring to come first, with the season change to 🍂
 
I would expecting Autumn Ring to come first, with the season change to 🍂
They have confirmed from the very beginning that Autumn Ring is coming in December and Sugo in October.
 
Back