Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,074 comments
  • 110,675 views
Any dataminers care to yea or nay if the Primera or Accord are anywhere to be seen? I’m fienin’. :lol:
Probably they can see what is coming on rhe second part of spec IV (content wise at least) but they have some time that don't share this information (unless someone else spill the beans on discord or youtube) due some discussions/complains of other forum memver for killing the hype for the updates
 
Probably they can see what is coming on rhe second part of spec IV (content wise at least) but they have some time that don't share this information (unless someone else spill the beans on discord or youtube) due some discussions/complains of other forum memver for killing the hype for the updates
It’s just me doing my old I’m patient/doesn’t matter to me what we get/we get what we get/blah blah blah trying to stay cool routine, but closer to the update it’s:
1790908489012.gif

1790908513425.gif

1790908615149.gif
 
I'm not sure of the exact details but I imagining it'll release on a Thursday, like spec III and basically every update before it? So that leaves us with the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th as possible release days for spec IV. Now, GT does normally release updates later in the month, so as much as it pains me to say... maybe 22nd or 29th is more likely?
 
Last edited:
I hope the payouts are much larger for the new difficulty level on the PP races
 
I'm not sure of the exact details but I imagining it'll release on a Thursday, like spec III and basically every update before it? So that leaves us with the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th as possible release days for spec IV. Now, GT does normally release updates later in the month, so as much as it pains me to say... maybe 22nd or 29th is more likely?
I would prefer 8th, three days before my 40th 🎂
 
Last edited:
I don't think it'll be next week, mostly because the current GTWS exhibition season runs through the 12th, and they tend to not put updates in the middle of those (and also I'd imagine they'd quite like a new season to use Sugo).
 
I’m excited for shuffle races but also slightly hesitant with my hype as I want to know how the mode is going to be included in the game. Given how central liveries and various forms of visual modifications have become in GT7 it would be a great shame if that part of the game isn’t implemented into the shuffles and we’re forced to rent standards.

I think there should be a way where you could use your garage car with livery/visual mods applied and then the provided tune for the shuffle race you’re partaking in just applied performance wise. I’d like to say I expect that at this point but in reality I’m a little preoccupied it might not be like that.
 
I don't think it'll be next week, mostly because the current GTWS exhibition season runs through the 12th, and they tend to not put updates in the middle of those (and also I'd imagine they'd quite like a new season to use Sugo).
Didn’t we get the RX-V GT3 in the middle of a season to allow players the choice to switch to that car?
 
I hope the power pack adds an option to slow down Sophy for slow drivers like me on the special endurance events because I could not for the life of me catch up more than in 18th place and falling last as soon as I'd do a mistake.

I qualified dead last btw.
 
It’s already October! When do you think spec IV is coming out? Are we gonna have to wait till the end of the month? 😅
I don't know. It depends on how quickly PD can get the content and stuff together/organized. The main goal is to have it released by the end of the year.
 
I’m excited for shuffle races but also slightly hesitant with my hype as I want to know how the mode is going to be included in the game. Given how central liveries and various forms of visual modifications have become in GT7 it would be a great shame if that part of the game isn’t implemented into the shuffles and we’re forced to rent standards.

I think there should be a way where you could use your garage car with livery/visual mods applied and then the provided tune for the shuffle race you’re partaking in just applied performance wise. I’d like to say I expect that at this point but in reality I’m a little preoccupied it might not be like that.
Completely agree. It has potential to be incredible but I've spent a long time making my cars and I like to use them!
 
I’m excited for shuffle races but also slightly hesitant with my hype as I want to know how the mode is going to be included in the game. Given how central liveries and various forms of visual modifications have become in GT7 it would be a great shame if that part of the game isn’t implemented into the shuffles and we’re forced to rent standards.

I think there should be a way where you could use your garage car with livery/visual mods applied and then the provided tune for the shuffle race you’re partaking in just applied performance wise. I’d like to say I expect that at this point but in reality I’m a little preoccupied it might not be like that.
That's the way it was in GT5 though. You'd just get a random rental car for one race in a random colour it came in and that was it. Honestly most people have terrible taste when it comes to modifying cars too, so I think a full lobby of cars that haven't been ruined visually will be quite refreshing.

Also, adding things like wings, diffusers, bumpers, different sized wheels all actually impact performance in GT7. I know they have the ability in Sport Mode to seemingly disable certain benefits like the aero mods, but equipping different stanced/width tires or a widebody would change how the car behaves. So it's much more simple to just do rental cars.
 
Last edited:
I’m excited for shuffle races but also slightly hesitant with my hype as I want to know how the mode is going to be included in the game. Given how central liveries and various forms of visual modifications have become in GT7 it would be a great shame if that part of the game isn’t implemented into the shuffles and we’re forced to rent standards.

I think there should be a way where you could use your garage car with livery/visual mods applied and then the provided tune for the shuffle race you’re partaking in just applied performance wise. I’d like to say I expect that at this point but in reality I’m a little preoccupied it might not be like that.
If the cars assigned to players are meant to be completely stock, then BoP can already revert the players' ungrouped racecars mostly to stock. That's how we ran the Car of the Week lobbies. The only issue is that BoP doesn't neutralise the effects of GT Auto parts like wheels and wings, so there still may be small advantages to be gained from there. Moreover, BoP cannot apply to wide bodied or engine swapped cars.

That all being said, it would be a huge cannon to foot moment if we are forced into using rental cars in Shuffle Races.
 
Completely agree. It has potential to be incredible but I've spent a long time making my cars and I like to use them!
I agree too, but I don't know if PD will implement that yet or not. It's solely up to them. But it would be a nice touch to the new Spec-update. I'll still make my car liveries and mods the way I like them too.
 
I was there and spoke to a German man who just sources cars for the GTWS events, they’re not an indication of potential cars coming to the game.

They just are cars brought to shows as it draws attention from general public to the event as well as bringing “car culture” to the event.

But when a car gets added to GT7 that happened to be on display at these events, we will most likely see people believing the two are linked…
Yes, exactly. It's entirely possible for a car to be at the event, and same car to be in a future update, and those Venn diagrams to overlap. But that doesn't mean at all that all cars at the event are going to appear.

Otherwise, that would mean getting all these cars that were in London, which just isn't going to happen.

Was a cracking day though, with a strong presence from
:gtpflag: @CTRL Garage and several others from here.
I remember seeing Kaz spending a LOT of time looking at, and discussing, that #66 Toyota.
20250607_121949.webp
20250607_122019.webp
20250607_122125.webp
20250607_122241.webp
20250607_122335.webp
20250607_122448.webp
20250607_144146.webp
 
Last edited:
The main goal is to have it released by the end of the year.
If you're going to continue to make responses, can you ensure that you're actually reading what it is you're answering and that you have the actual knowledge required to do so accurately?


Spec IV is being released in two parts. Part 1 comes in October, Part 2 comes in December.

The post to which you were responding was talking about the release in October - this month - as clearly referenced in the post, so no, the main goal is not to have it released by the end of the year. It's to have it released in October.

In any case this will have already gone through SIE authentication now and the date is set for... whenever in October it will be, so it isn't a "goal" but something already decided. And that is the question asked: when it will be.

The correct response is that nobody knows, but that we can reasonably guess on past releases that it'll be a Thursday: 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th.

We can further surmise that PD tends not to insert major game updates during active GTWS seasons (although it has done, and the current one is only an Exhibition in any case) and that the Viewers Gift cars are to be delivered on Tuesday 20th October rather than "after the next game update", and come down on either 22nd or 29th as the more likely dates.

I'll still make my car liveries and mods the way I like them too.
You like to remind people at random times that you don't have a console and are waiting to get yours "back" (despite claiming to have sold it; it'd be unusual for you to your own console back if you sold it two years previously), so the question here is "How, exactly? In your mind?".
@CTRL Garage and several others from here
Including me :lol:
 
If the cars assigned to players are meant to be completely stock, then BoP can already revert the players' ungrouped racecars mostly to stock. That's how we ran the Car of the Week lobbies. The only issue is that BoP doesn't neutralise the effects of GT Auto parts like wheels and wings, so there still may be small advantages to be gained from there. Moreover, BoP cannot apply to wide bodied or engine swapped cars.

That all being said, it would be a huge cannon to foot moment if we are forced into using rental cars in Shuffle Races.
PD could randomise the wheels/aero parts/visual parts and then group the PP after accounting for that. It would get use out of the customisation, but it might be that cars without certain aero would be at a disadvantage, even if the PP values are close.

Also I think they should maybe have options in lobbies to where you as the host can choose what parts are available to be randomised, or none at all if you want stock cars.

Would be interesting to if the game shuffled with performance mods installed, maybe it could pick a slower base car and tune it up to match the PP of the highest chosen end car in the shuffle pool.
 
Last edited:
Yes, exactly. It's entirely possible for a car to be at the event, and same car to be in a future update, and those Venn diagrams to overlap. But that doesn't mean at all that all cars at the event are going to appear.

Otherwise, that would mean getting all these cars that were in London, which just isn't going to happen.

Was a cracking day though, with a strong presence from
:gtpflag: @CTRL Garage and several others from here.
I remember seeing Kaz spending a LOT of time looking at, and discussing, that #66 Toyota.View attachment 1568788View attachment 1568789View attachment 1568790View attachment 1568791View attachment 1568792View attachment 1568793View attachment 1568794
That E46 CSL would make sense, in either update, next to the M5.
 
That's the way it was in GT5 though. You'd just get a random rental car for one race in a random colour it came in and that was it. Honestly most people have terrible taste when it comes to modifying cars too, so I think a full lobby of cars that haven't been ruined visually will be quite refreshing.

Also, adding things like wings, diffusers, bumpers, different sized wheels all actually impact performance in GT7. I know they have the ability in Sport Mode to seemingly disable certain benefits like the aero mods, but equipping different stanced/width tires or a widebody would change how the car behaves. So it's much more simple to just do rental cars.
Yes, it's simpler and therefore more likely that we just get rentals, but it would be a shame imo, given that a core part of the game is collecting.
 
Back