Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,115 comments
  • 116,216 views
View attachment 1569058

The DLC cars have been getting more and more ambitious body kit parts, and it maybe a longshot, but as well as the obvious Challenge parts, the options to create the JGTC GT300 cars (as shown above) would be extra cool.
Man, we really could do with some pop-up conversions. While their popularity is probably increasing with time since they have been long gone from cars due to safety rules, in a track racer like GT, a conversion option makes total sense, if you want to build a track machine out of your road car, and the fixed headlights would slightly improve aero, not much but race cars are all about getting every last bit performance possible, so...
Even on a phone people can search a car and if it's there, it'll show up. If not, as Famine is saying, people can post in the wishlist and new cars they want to see and some of the other threads like PS1 to fully rendered cars threads.

Any person searching a car(s) could post the link as well. I've done that more than a few times.
"Takes a second on a phone". ;)
Not on ANY phone though.
Sugo seems like a nice technical track from the onboards I've seen, good addition. Still wondering why Motegi never came back, scanning a track on home soil should be easier than going abroad and they could probably work out a cheap licensing deal.
Yeah, Motegi is great. I'm playing GT4 and stuck on it right now in the Clio Cup,
 
Really excited for this update! I tried to stay up for the Nations Cup last night so I could see the trailer, but it got to late for me lol :rolleyes:

I'm surprised to see they swapped out the one car for the F355, I thought they would either keep the group intact or swap out half of the teased cars for part 2, but no matter :D
 
Longshot engine swap prediction for Spec IV Part 1: F140B-Enzo to the F355, in reference to the 348-bodied (with F355 rear and some mechanicals) Enzo test mule. Considering Ferrari kept it around until it was auctioned and they somehow letting the F140B-Enzo swap for the F40 slide (likely per the precedent that was the Ferrari-approved Simpson V12 GTR project)...

1791094724338.webp
 
I see the F355 “replaced” the M5 for this first update, and I honestly can’t complain. I’m always glad when Polyphony remembers there are 1990s non-Japanese cars as well.
Im pretty sure the Xiaomi replaced the M5 - and that is a bummer. Yes I know the M5 will come eventually, but I personally just have zero interest in yet another electric supercar that has very limited usage.

Had the M5 been in the place of that VGT and had that Gr3 been other than just an update/duplicate, october alone would have been near perfect update. I know I'm splitting hair here. 😂
 
Last edited:
Finally adding Sugo to the game but NOT including the cars that have raced at the track itself (2 weeks ago even) is such an extremely confusing decision by PD
There could be some newer versions GT500 race cars in 2027. Wouldn't be a big surprise at least. But some other cars are important.
 
Im pretty sure the Xiaomi replaced the M5 - and that is a bummer. Yes I know the M5 will come eventually, but I personally just have zero interest in yet another electric supercar that has very limited usage.
No, the Xiaomi did not replace the M5. It was showcased as one of the six teased cars too. The only car that was no shown -and hence replaced the M5- was the Ferrari.

Your opinion about the Xiaomi is valid, but it is not the reason the M5 got delayed for the second update
 
The one concern I have so far - and it's a very minor one, I admit - is that AFAIK every Experience mode mention we've seen so far has been tied to Xiaomi, and Xiaomi themselves have been advertising that feature specifically on social media, not just the VGT.

I hope it is actually a proper mode across lots of brands and not a promotional thing Xiaomi have bought in just for themselves specifically. I think it will be fine, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a slight nagging worry in my brain.
 
I am very pleased to see the F355! I always wondered if it would ever turn up here in GT7. My love of this car came from many hours (days) on Dreamcast F355 Challenge I still have the game disc and Dreamcast.
2026-10-04_081013.webp

Also the engine sound and handling, it has to be one of the best cars to be added for me. Weirdly by coincidence I was only just watching the JayEmm video all about the car (the 2 min intro is very cool) and then it arrives! A nice interesting watch about the car.


 
Last edited:
Might be an unpopular opinion, but to me Ferrari f50 is the best looking ferrari to date, and the noise it makes is stellar.

The v12 Ferraris is the best in my opinion. In general i think most of the Ferraris started to look better between 2000-2015.
The F250 & the F80 & LaFerrari looks slightly better but I cannot understand people who think the F50 is less than pretty for a very fast sports car. The F50 looks much better than the Enzo Ferrari! While I liked driving the Enzo in GT6 & GTS & GT7 it is not a pretty car.
 
Might be an unpopular opinion, but to me Ferrari f50 is the best looking ferrari to date, and the noise it makes is stellar.

The v12 Ferraris is the best in my opinion. In general i think most of the Ferraris started to look better between 2000-2015.
For me, the only issue I've had with Ferrari in the past in terms of looks would be the Enzo. My favorites would be the F40, FXXK, and the SF90. Don't mind the F355, I think it's a great car to be included in GT7.

Of course, you can probably work out my opinion on "present" Ferraris... :ill:

Screenshot 2026-10-04 at 18-11-56 ferrari luce at DuckDuckGo.webp
 
F355 and civic look very nice, along with Sugo Circuit. Still no signs of the December stuff though, right? Imo that leaves:
  • GT6 Lunar rover
  • Mercedes-benz 1886 motor carriage
  • Volkswagen Kübelwagen
  • Peel P50 (with matching Gr.3 spec)
  • Nike One
  • And a M4 GT3 to shut the sport mode guys up
(p.s. Kaz hire me)


Don't give Kaz more redundant ideas!
 
Last edited:
The View attachment 1569058DLC cars have been getting more and more ambitious body kit parts, and it maybe a longshot, but as well as the obvious Challenge parts, the options to create the JGTC GT300 cars (as shown above) would be extra cool.
I have never heard of this race car before but I‘ll add it to the liveries I‘m going to create once the update drops.

The variety within the GT300 class from the old days is one of the coolest things about JGTC imo.
 
Last edited:
The one concern I have so far - and it's a very minor one, I admit - is that AFAIK every Experience mode mention we've seen so far has been tied to Xiaomi, and Xiaomi themselves have been advertising that feature specifically on social media, not just the VGT.

I hope it is actually a proper mode across lots of brands and not a promotional thing Xiaomi have bought in just for themselves specifically. I think it will be fine, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a slight nagging worry in my brain.
I was thinking/worrying the same thing. I believe there have been mentions of "manufacturers"/"experiences", but translations from Japanese > English can be iffy with plurals. I mean, it's GT, the MO should always be to expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised.
 
I have never heard of this race car before but I‘ll add it to the liveries I‘m going to create once the update drops.

The variety within the GT300 class from the old days is one of the coolest things about JGTC imo.
Lol. I just found out about it today, myself. Someone posted the picture of it on Reddit, in a discussion about this update. And I thought I knew a lot about the F355 already, as it is one of my favourite cars. But yeah, the JGTC GT300 class was stacked.
 
No, the Xiaomi did not replace the M5. It was showcased as one of the six teased cars too. The only car that was no shown -and hence replaced the M5- was the Ferrari.

Your opinion about the Xiaomi is valid, but it is not the reason the M5 got delayed for the second update
Man, not good to get me thinking what could or maybe how good the Part 2 update is that they had to swap the F355 out. Would the F355 been overfill for Part 2? Are PD that confident with Part 2 to place the F355 with the 2CV and the Stepwgn?

Following the trend for end of year updates.

December 2022 One car(Celica) from past GT.
1791111365078.webp


I mean, look at Spec II. Not a dud in this pic.(I’m not a Tesla fan, but it was new at the time). Three(not quite four, for arguments sake)cars from past GTs.
1791110389874.webp


Spec III Seriously, what in the what?! Can’t ask for a more diverse update. Four(like 3.5) cars from past GTs.
1791110480175.webp


Spec IV So far, three cars from past GTs.
1791110696836.webp

1791110737281.webp


Maybe one more car from a past GT and four new to the series. Four cars from Asia and two from Europe.

Only Spec III didn’t have a car from the Americas. There hasn’t been a real car(Camaro RM doesn’t count) from the USA, since Update 1.59(C5 Z06), in May of last year!

The DMC12 and GNX come to mind for either one to be in Part 2. As well as the Pebble Beach AAR EAGLE Indy Car. Then, someone mentioned seeing a T-Bird, back in August, when PD HQ photos were taken at a site visit.
In the same visit, there were models spotted like a Bentley Continental, Lexus ISF and an Indy Car logo on a box for a model.

Past rumoured cars like the Mitsubishi Starion came to mind and Lamborghini Espada.

Whatever the remaining cars, must be some really cool choices to come.
 
Man, not good to get me thinking what could or maybe how good the Part 2 update is that they had to swap the F355 out. Would the F355 been overfill for Part 2? Are PD that confident with Part 2 to place the F355 with the 2CV and the Stepwgn?

Following the trend for end of year updates.

December 2022 One car(Celica) from past GT.
View attachment 1569176

I mean, look at Spec II. Not a dud in this pic.(I’m not a Tesla fan, but it was new at the time). Three(not quite four, for arguments sake)cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569163

Spec III Seriously, what in the what?! Can’t ask for a more diverse update. Four(like 3.5) cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569164

Spec IV So far, three cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569165
View attachment 1569166

Maybe one more car from a past GT and four new to the series. Four cars from Asia and two from Europe.

Only Spec III didn’t have a car from the Americas. There hasn’t been a real car(Camaro RM doesn’t count) from the USA, since Update 1.59(C5 Z06), in May of last year!

The DMC12 and GNX come to mind for either one to be in Part 2. As well as the Pebble Beach AAR EAGLE Indy Car. Then, someone mentioned seeing a T-Bird, back in August, when PD HQ photos were taken at a site visit.
In the same visit, there were models spotted like a Bentley Continental, Lexus ISF and an Indy Car logo on a box for a model.

Past rumoured cars like the Mitsubishi Starion came to mind and Lamborghini Espada.

Whatever the remaining cars, must be some really cool choices to come.
What I would note, looking at this, is we have "cars that were in previous Gran Turismos" but we don't really have a full "Gran Turismo car" yet like the previous ones.

Like, the Gr.A Civic is cool, and obviously has been in the series, but it's a bit of a deeper cut. I don't think that many people think of it towards the top of their "that's a Gran Turismo car!" lists, whereas I'd say the ST205 rally car, the 400R and the Mine's are much higher up that nostalgia list.
 
What I would note, looking at this, is we have "cars that were in previous Gran Turismos" but we don't really have a full "Gran Turismo car" yet like the previous ones.

Like, the Gr.A Civic is cool, and obviously has been in the series, but it's a bit of a deeper cut. I don't think that many people think of it towards the top of their "that's a Gran Turismo car!" lists, whereas I'd say the ST205 rally car, the 400R and the Mine's are much higher up that nostalgia list.
That’s true. The LFA got a bit of that too.
What could a nostalgic Gran Turismo car be? Primera? Legnum? Soarer? Griffith? Forester or Legacy? C4 Grand Sport? No doubt a few people would love to see the NISMO R33 LM road car fully rendered.
 
No, the Xiaomi did not replace the M5. It was showcased as one of the six teased cars too. The only car that was no shown -and hence replaced the M5- was the Ferrari.

Your opinion about the Xiaomi is valid, but it is not the reason the M5 got delayed for the second update
I suspect that the BMW E60 M5 wasn't fully finished at that stage. When the E60 M5 was revealed, certain lighting elements in the headlights weren't illuminated. I would be surprised if Polyphony had overlooked a detail like that.

e60 m5 lights.webp

edit: a clearer picture
 
Last edited:
Even on a phone people can search a car and if it's there, it'll show up. If not, as Famine is saying, people can post in the wishlist and new cars they want to see and some of the other threads like PS1 to fully rendered cars threads.

Any person searching a car(s) could post the link as well. I've done that more than a few times. Takes a second on a phone. ;)

Sugo seems like a nice technical track from the onboards I've seen, good addition. Still wondering why Motegi never came back, scanning a track on home soil should be easier than going abroad and they could probably work out a cheap licensing deal.
Non inclusion of Motegi in GT7 is a classic case of PD.
It’s a great track to drive in game, and in real life the place is reachable from Tokyo within 1hr (so access is easy)
And the place is also the home of the Honda heritage museum, a must visit for any automotive fan, not just Honda. They have all famous road Honda models there including race cars. It’s like Porsches museum in stuttgart.
Anyhow, this track is special in Japan and PD continuous to do it disservice by non inclusion.
https://share.google/g3ZdRGfc8ZX6U0ZC2
 
VGT rant ahead

PD has to be aware that VGTs are always the least popular cars in updates (if there isn't also an untuneable hybrid in the update). I think what would help with the image of the whole project is if VGTs weren't completely abandoned after a time trial that comes with the update. Host one make daily races in them or BOP similar ones against each other (electric, similar downforce values, similar power and weight, etc.), use them more in those weekly challenges, just anything more than being taken up space after one time usage. That Honda VGT time trial was pretty good right? More of that.

Because they're so underrepresented, people bandwagon on assuming they're all different versions of the Tomahawk X and banning them in most lobbies instead of see them as individual cars of different performance levels that can be fun to drive and race. After the likely time trial with the Xiaomi finishes, most will never think about nor touch it ever again and that just feels like a waste of a car.

Sincerely, one of the very few VGT advocates I guess lol
 
Even on a phone people can search a car and if it's there, it'll show up. If not, as Famine is saying, people can post in the wishlist and new cars they want to see and some of the other threads like PS1 to fully rendered cars threads.

Any person searching a car(s) could post the link as well. I've done that more than a few times. Takes a second on a phone. ;)
I dunno, this site particularly seems to hate any browser that blocks trackers. I can't log in at all on my phone and my tablet 'eventually' let's me in only after deleting all my data etc.
 
I dunno, this site particularly seems to hate any browser that blocks trackers. I can't log in at all on my phone and my tablet 'eventually' let's me in only after deleting all my data etc.
Im browsing on brave Browser (Blocks Tracking) on iPhone and Login works normally. Maybe try Brave
 
I dunno, this site particularly seems to hate any browser that blocks trackers. I can't log in at all on my phone and my tablet 'eventually' let's me in only after deleting all my data etc.
I have a four year old Motorola phone on a prepaid network and my 3rd Gen iPad is on my home energy plan using a wifi router(which disconnects and reconnects often). I mainly have photos from the my GT website and photos from car shows I attend. Only problem I have with the site are during the extremely rare periods when the site is flooded with ads.
 
VGT rant ahead

PD has to be aware that VGTs are always the least popular cars in updates (if there isn't also an untuneable hybrid in the update). I think what would help with the image of the whole project is if VGTs weren't completely abandoned after a time trial that comes with the update. Host one make daily races in them or BOP similar ones against each other (electric, similar downforce values, similar power and weight, etc.), use them more in those weekly challenges, just anything more than being taken up space after one time usage. That Honda VGT time trial was pretty good right? More of that.

Because they're so underrepresented, people bandwagon on assuming they're all different versions of the Tomahawk X and banning them in most lobbies instead of see them as individual cars of different performance levels that can be fun to drive and race. After the likely time trial with the Xiaomi finishes, most will never think about nor touch it ever again and that just feels like a waste of a car.

Sincerely, one of the very few VGT advocates I guess lol
Some of the VGT's were fun in GT6&GTS even that in GT6 too many VGT cars couldn't be used in campaign mode because stupid PP limits, not because of VGT cars itself, but the most important factor perhaps is classification or inclusion of VGT in multiplayer sport mode and as you said there should a few more dedicated events in single player for only VGT cars.
 
Back