Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,074 comments
  • 110,675 views
Bold predictions for the final 5 cars next to the M5

  • All three current Super GT GT500s
  • M4 GT3 (Feels like its inevitable at some point)
  • 2000s era Formula car, new Toyota model (TR010 or GR GT to hype up the car's 2027 launch?) or another long time fan requested car from a past title or one thats never been in a GT title before
 
Last edited:
What I've seen of the concierge service doesn't impress me, it looks like not only will the cars cost more, but you still could be waiting weeks of real time for the car you're after.

I wish it went back to the good old days of everything being tied to in game days where 1 race = 1 day and not having to physically wait real time days and weeks for things to rotate.
Agreed, I don't really see the point of being able to order a car you want but then you have to wait potentially weeks for it, might as well just wait for the rotation then. Usually for me I want a car because I have an idea for a build with it, so I want it right at that moment, a good example was the Mitsubishi GTO swap after I'd played Tokyo Xtreme Racer, I didn't have a spare GTO so I had to wait which killed my interest.

Cars look good though, F355 is a great car, 2CV will be hilarious and I hope the Stepwgn can be tuned so I can make something completely stupid.
 
Bold predictions for the final 5 cars next to the M5

  • All three current Super GT GT500s
  • M4 GT3 (Feels like its inevitable at some point)
  • 2000s era Formula car, new Toyota model (TR010 or GR GT to hype up the car's 2027 launch?) or another long time fan requested car from a past title or one thats never been in a GT title before
Too many expectations, my friend.
 
What I've seen of the concierge service doesn't impress me, it looks like not only will the cars cost more, but you still could be waiting weeks of real time for the car you're after.

I wish it went back to the good old days of everything being tied to in game days where 1 race = 1 day and not having to physically wait real time days and weeks for things to rotate.

Agreed, I don't really see the point of being able to order a car you want but then you have to wait potentially weeks for it, might as well just wait for the rotation then. Usually for me I want a car because I have an idea for a build with it, so I want it right at that moment, a good example was the Mitsubishi GTO swap after I'd played Tokyo Xtreme Racer, I didn't have a spare GTO so I had to wait which killed my interest.
I beg to differ. I do like the idea and it looks a cool implementation of what would otherwise be around 2,5 - 3 month wait for cars rotation in the Legends car dealer.

I seems only logical to pay more for a lower mileage car.

You know, these beauties take time to clean, detail, check, test, wrap and and ship while dealing with all the paperwork for ownership and insurance. This is no Amazon-style next-day-delivery at your door :D
 
So prediction time from me again after seeing this, considering I got my last one wrong 😁

Every car in that video has a purpose that seems almost radically different from the other:

Citroen 2cv - cultural icon, really slow.
Honda Civic - group A racing icon and GT nostalgia.
Honda Stepwgn - an mpv to race the Toyotas.
Ferrari F355 - old school supercar
Mazda RX-Evo - keeps Gr3 fans happy and hopeful for a BoP shuffle that stops all the Genesis'ing.
Xiaomi VGT - for people still interested in that sort of thing.

Let's apply that same approach, thinking that the M4 nor SuperGT cars will appear:

BMW M5 - four door supercar effectively.

Mazda AZ-1 - Kei car royalty, missing from its Beat/Cappuccino stablemates.

Nissan R390 GT1 - haven't had a Le Mans car in Spec 4 yet and this deserves to go alongside the GT-One and CLK etc from that era.

Bugatti Type 37A - you want your legend car that costs a stupid amount of money and advertises the concierge service.

Lancia 037 - we haven't had any rally cars yet and this is a legend that would go so well looking with the others.

Mercedes AMG-One. We've seen it in the sound video, what else could they be recording it for? Plus that gives an exclamation mark to Spec 4, and it gets the little kids go "ooh can we please have a go at that?" because they'll have family mode now.

I mean, I'd play it.
 
Last edited:
I beg to differ. I do like the idea and it looks a cool implementation of what would otherwise be around 2,5 - 3 month wait for cars rotation in the Legends car dealer.

I seems only logical to pay more for a lower mileage car.

You know, these beauties take time to clean, detail, check, test, wrap and and ship while dealing with all the paperwork for ownership and insurance. This is no Amazon-style next-day-delivery at your door :D
It seem illogical to be happy with extreme tedium being replaced with much tedium. But that's just me.

If I want to wait weeks between doing things I want to do, I don't need Gran Turismo for that. For example, I'll never be as excited about that car being available in 21 days as I will about going to Corralejo in 2 months, Christmas, then my pay review, then a major annual deadline and the list or real events which are much bigger and more important goes.

The waiting is too close in time frame to really waiting for life events which will always massively take precedence over a game I can't be bothered to play that often partly because of the tedium it brings with it.
 
The car concierge service makes a whole lot more sense now that they haven't added the actual paint colors from the last several updates. There's no way to get your preferred color on a car outside of waiting endlessly for it to show up.. or god forbid you want to put a specific color on a different car.

Here's to hoping this big update adds more like parts or paint chips.
 
It's not a pretty car IMO, aggressive, functional, not terrible looking. But not a great looking car either IMO.

Better looking than the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari and Ferrari The Ferrari and whatever monstrosity that latest hyper Ferrari is called 🤢.

I actually don't dislike the F50, but that's also not a pretty car.
To me the 355 just looks really bland. Not ugly by any means but just boring. Imo the wheelbase is too short and I also really dislike the car‘s roof line. I don‘t know how to describe it otherwise but it‘s like the car looks too compact, like the proportions are slightly off.

IMG_4127.webp


By comparison the 488 looks much sleeker and more aerodynamic, like it looks fast even when it‘s parked:

IMG_4118.webp


I agree with you concerning the F50 though, I‘ve always thought that car was plain ugly.
 
What I've seen of the concierge service doesn't impress me, it looks like not only will the cars cost more, but you still could be waiting weeks of real time for the car you're after.

I wish it went back to the good old days of everything being tied to in game days where 1 race = 1 day and not having to physically wait real time days and weeks for things to rotate.
My guess is maybe they didn't want to invalidate the current LCD (albeit Concierge is level-gated, so it could be seen as a reward for levelling up), but that's kind of a half-strength approach because they nuked the invite system completely with Spec 3 when you hit the requisite level.

In-game days are good way to do it. Perhaps an in-game, 5 day week. So you need to complete 5 races of any kind, even custom races (I would say that you could just enter and back out, but that might trivialise the idea).

In GT3/4 were days tied to a completed race or just an entered race? I don't remember. Haven't played 4 much since I was a kid, and even then I didn't get far at all.
 
Last edited:
To me the 355 just looks really bland. Not ugly by any means but just boring. Imo the wheelbase is too short and I also really dislike the car‘s roof line. I don‘t know how to describe it otherwise but it‘s like the car looks too compact, like the proportions are slightly off.

View attachment 1569013

By comparison the 488 looks much sleeker and more aerodynamic, like it looks fast even when it‘s parked:

View attachment 1569016

I agree with you concerning the F50 though, I‘ve always thought that car was plain ugly.
I’ll stir the pot a little more and say I prefer the SF90 and F80 over both 😁
 
WOW. I actually got a little light headed when I saw the news the F355 is coming. I am in utter shock. I didn't believe it would ever happen.

For those of a certain age would understand the significance of the F355 in the world of racing SIM/games.

That would of course be because of the Ferrari F355 Challenge arcade consoles with their 3 monitors, gated shifter, and a goddamn clutch pedal! The high pitched shriek of the F355 that they reproduced in that game was amazing. Oh how I marveled at those machines as a kid long before I could drive.

And now I get to relive that at home, with current gen graphics and physics. Dream. Come. True.

 

Attachments

  • F355-console.webp
    F355-console.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
  • F355-console2.webp
    F355-console2.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 1
  • F355-console3.webp
    F355-console3.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • F355-shumi.webp
    F355-shumi.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I really really hope they include photomode in the Car Viewer. Having a good easy way to take studio photos would be amazing. I've managed to do it in GT6 through modding, but no game has included a studio location yet...
Thank you so so much to PD for listening, assuming they didn't plan it from the beginning. Either way, thank you very very much.
 
Seems to be his MO at this point, followed by him predictably complaining that said expectations aren't met.

Definition of insanity and all that.
Well i think that the beamer will come soner or later into this game. Also likely a ficitve Formular car, if we continue the trend from last years spec III Update. What will not happen is ( i can be proven wrong but its PD) that we will egt the current roster of Super Gt cars i one go this december. Maybe down the line like we got the "Hypercar" next Year. What i think is that next Year, we maybe can see even greater Updates for this game.... maybe a final spec V Update
 
I agree with you concerning the F50 though, I‘ve always thought that car was plain ugly.
I used to think maybe it was just young me (I mean I was all over the place in fairness for abit) but even now as an adult, the F50 is the rare Ferrari that just does nothing for me either positively or negatively (Same with the Enzo). It just comes off looks wise as an afterthought, not repulsive or spellbinding, just...nothing. F355 is at least funky to best describe it so its got something I feel from it, can't say I feel the same for the F50 (Even its racing variant kinda doesn't move the needle more then a centimeter).
My guess is maybe they didn't want to invalidate the current LCD (albeit Concierge is level-gated, so it could be seen as a reward for levelling up), but that's kind of a half-strength approach because they nuked the invite system completely with Spec 3 when you hit the requisite level.

In-game days are good way to do it. Perhaps an in-game, 5 day week. So you need to complete 5 races of any kind, even custom races (I would say that you could just enter and back out, but that might trivialise the idea).
Kinda torn to be honest. On one hand, I love that I no longer have to wait for months on end (often with a date you basically have to use an outside source just to even know, which feels like far too much effort for the player and that I only was willing to do because I like collecting them all) for a certain car to appear and as somebody that creates weekly content, that takes alot of uncertainly out of projects I want to do so having an easily visible amount of days I and many average players can actually see in-game means I can have a plan instead of relying on guesses and rough predictions that often require site A or Site B are the only way for you to know. On the other hand, I can also see how for some waiting for 9 real world days (Which isn't even reflected in-game) instead of 9 in-game days, which be reflected as 9 races, is still too tedious.
 
Last edited:
Has there been any news on PSVR2 updates in GT7 SpecIV? I am thinking particularly with this new car viewer feature. But I'd also like to see some attention to the replay features in VR.

Sadly I am expecting no....

Also: Ferrari 355 addition - awesome!
 
I'm most looking forward to the Mazda GT3 Evo. Then maybe the Civic. And I'll get 10 minutes of fun out of the Ferrari. Don't care for the rest.

Fingers crossed for a 3UZ engine swap for the '20 Supra.
 
Has there been any news on PSVR2 updates in GT7 SpecIV? I am thinking particularly with this new car viewer feature. But I'd also like to see some attention to the replay features in VR.

Sadly I am expecting no....
I get the impression with how PSVR2 sales were despite all the effort (and I imagine with how small that pool of users are relative to everyone else), its probably better not to expect anything just to save yourself the disappointment.
 
Finally adding Sugo to the game but NOT including the cars that have raced at the track itself (2 weeks ago even) is such an extremely confusing decision by PD
All the real GT3 cars we have in the game have raced at Sugo. The Super GT and JGTC cars have raced there. Plus, the Civic Group A were getting has raced at Sugo, in JTCC, back in 1987.
IMG_9232.webp


Welp, the F355 isn't what I expected, but I'll welcome it as I love this one.
View attachment 1568964

Okay, great news for me. My conspiracy theory of ordering a car being tied to the dealerships is wrong and it looks to be a set day count. Good, I can just save up money and order a car that way then instead of relying on the legends dealership.
View attachment 1568965

I hadn't noticed that, a car that can cost over 20 million credits, a first time in the whole GT franchise.
Mint condition cars must be even more expensive.

Yeah, the credit price Famine mentions is the "catch" I was looking out for with this feature. More expensive classic cars, the price of convenience I suppose. I'll take it though as my main issue with the legends dealership with expensive cars was given their limited time of appearance, it gave me additional pressure to grind in order to make the money. At least being able to order the cars now means I can save up for them and know when they'll arrive for me to buy.

I wouldn't be surprised though if ordering a certain color, that would probably cost more. Like how in real life, certain colors of cars are more desired by enthusiasts and thus will have a higher price tag. A silver e46 M3 for instance is cheaper than a laguna blue M3.

View attachment 1568980

and at least now I have an idea what the new collector level rewards will include, additional slots for the Concierge.
View attachment 1568987

I'm happy that Vintage seems to have the full brand central type experience, even including being able to change how you view the cars and can view multiple colors or liveries. I won't have to resort to GT Auto no longer to view colors of an older car.
View attachment 1568989

That would be potty, but as far as I understand it they are reusable slots and you can unlock more of them - therefore ordering more cars at once - as your CL increases.

What I've seen of the concierge service doesn't impress me, it looks like not only will the cars cost more, but you still could be waiting weeks of real time for the car you're after.

I wish it went back to the good old days of everything being tied to in game days where 1 race = 1 day and not having to physically wait real time days and weeks for things to rotate.
Wonder if the concierge works differently for each player. Similar to the Special Pick that don’t adhere to normal rotation. I mean, if we’re having our “broker” Stephanie search the car for us and this isn’t an auction, but more of a private sale, we shouldn’t have to wait as long as one showing up in the LCD. If that’s how it works.

Anyway, hope all this means the credits cap is increased to 999,999,999,999.
 
To me the 355 just looks really bland. Not ugly by any means but just boring. Imo the wheelbase is too short and I also really dislike the car‘s roof line. I don‘t know how to describe it otherwise but it‘s like the car looks too compact, like the proportions are slightly off.

By comparison the 488 looks much sleeker and more aerodynamic, like it looks fast even when it‘s parked:

I agree with you concerning the F50 though, I‘ve always thought that car was plain ugly.
The side profile is just one angle of the car, from the front (IMO of course) it's a very ugly car. The F355 is not (also IMO). But we are all entitled to our own subjective views of beauty.
My guess is maybe they didn't want to invalidate the current LCD (albeit Concierge is level-gated, so it could be seen as a reward for levelling up), but that's kind of a half-strength approach because they nuked the invite system completely with Spec 3 when you hit the requisite level.

In-game days are good way to do it. Perhaps an in-game, 5 day week. So you need to complete 5 races of any kind, even custom races (I would say that you could just enter and back out, but that might trivialise the idea).

In GT3/4 were days tied to a completed race or just an entered race? I don't remember. Haven't played 4 much since I was a kid, and even then I didn't get far at all.
It's almost certainly so as not to disrupt the stringent economy already baked into the game, which includes having to wait a long time for certain cars to appear.

GT 1-5 all tied an in game day to entering a race/license test, GT6 didn't need to track days for car rotation as there were no used cars, so I can't remember if that tracked in game days at all or not.

I suspect it did as modders have managed to get a used car dealership in the game, but I can only presume it uses a game days value that was already there, I don't know that it does. GT7 is the only one where UCD rotation is tied to real time days passing.
 
Back