Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,074 comments
  • 110,675 views
My own predictions for the next 5 cars. To note, I'm listing different possibilities that could fit the remaining 5 cars.

Possible datamine cars:
- Audi RS6 Avant '02, the RS6 from this generation was a rival car to the e60 M5. So it would be a good companion car in this kind of update.
- Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS '98, another Mazda that's not in the game yet and Polyphony has added Miatas (though they were just ND variations).
- Autozam AZ-1 '91, instead of a Miata. Maybe the next Mazda would be this sports Kei car as a competitor to the Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappuccino.
- Ruf CTR Yellowbird '87, I haven't seen a Ruf car in a long while and it could be due for PD to fix that.
- Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus, another car to fit in the same performance space as the Mitsubishi FTO and Nissan Silvias. That's mainly the reason for this.
- One of the Group B Rally Cars (Renault 5 Maxi Turbo, Audi S1 Quattro, or the Lancias), we haven't seen a rally car added in a while. So, we could be due for one in the update.

New-to-Series cars:
- 2024 Super GT cars, I'm holding out hope for the GT500 cars to make an appearance since SUGO is coming. Though, my hopes are lessened since they're not coming in this update. However, Polyphony is not the most conventional company when it comes to planning content. So, adding newer Super GT cars in the 2nd update would be on point with that.
- BMW M4 GT3, it's a highly requested GT3 car and Polyphony has added a couple of newer GT race cars. I mean, you could argue the RX-Vision GT3 evo is their GT3 car quota. But there could always been a curveball thrown and this gets thrown in. GT7 updates also aren't strangers to adding more than one car from the same brand.
- BMW M4 G82, PD added the 296 GTB alongside the GT3 in Spec III. I figured it would be the same here.
- If not the BMW M4s, maybe the S650 Ford Mustang GT or Darkhorse and Mustang GT3 race car instead
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3, there's a normal newer Vantage in the game already. So, I think a Vantage GT3 could be a candidate.
- Corvette C8 Z06 GT3 and C8 Z06 (same reason as the Mustangs and M4s)
- Another Hyundai N car, maybe the i30 N or Velostar N since there's been some Hyundais added.
- Genesis GMR-001, with some of the recent promotion of the brand. It feels like something that would come in a big update like this.
- Toyota TR010 or Toyota GR GT3. Given PD's relationship with Toyota, I feel like either car would inevitably appear in GT7 and this once again feels like an update for either to appear in.


Other possible returning cars from past games:
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 (Calsonic livery), well-known GT1 car to Gran Turismo fans and it feels like the kind of car to appear in an update like this. There's also been some attention put on it recently.
- Tommy Kaira ZZ-II, the brand isn't licensed in GT7 right now, but that feels like something that can change easily. The ZZ-II has been given new attention in recent years.
- Nissan Stagea 260RS Autech Version '98, this is a more wild choice for me. But it feels in line of a car Polyphony Digital could add soon based on their previous update with the X100 Toyotas. Adding more of the JDM performance sedans and wagons fans have requested finally given attention.
- Subaru Legacy B4 RSK '98 or Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96, a similar reason to above with the Stagea.

EDIT: To note on why there's not Super GT cars confirmed on SUGO. I also think it's because SUGO is also a circuit used in the Super Formula series over in Japan. Which I think Polyphony has been trying to promote more in recent years, so I'm guessing there might be a Super Formula race in SUGO. Which is not ideal for me as I'm not the most interested in Formula cars, but it's what it is.
 
Last edited:
Quite surprised by the last minute BMW M5 snub, but I'll take that F355. On paper, if the M5 was coming up next instead, it wouldn't make for an amazing DLC roster without a sports car. The M5 is a super saloon.

I also heard from this thread that only the M5 will be shown as the upcoming batch in the new opening? I think PD should've left the new opening to drop on the second update, it doesn't feel right to have missed the new cars and possibly miss Autumn Ring as well. But an early drop also means now's a good time to tease the new stuff in there too.

I'm looking forward to learning Sugo soon, it's a circuit that has escaped an appearance in the racing games I've played before. It's a terribly late addition in my eyes. PD should give more love by adding variety to the courses coming from their home country. The last thing left is to revive Motegi and introduce Okayama to complete the SGT home circuits! :embarrassed:
 
Last edited:
The F355 is a surprise, but a pleasant one to be sure.

As for the other 5 cars to be released in Part 2 alongside the M5, I honestly have no idea. Whatever patterns PD had have been thrown out the window this past year or so, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Cars I don't expect to see in Part 2 are the GT500 cars, as much as people want to see them. We already have 2 race cars, and me thinks PD will dedicate an entire update to new GT500 cars next year similar to how they did it with the LM Hypercars this year. If there is somehow another racecar I'd either pencil in the M4 GT3 or a R390 GT1

Will say, the Group A Civic is a sleeper pick for me, mainly because I like having a good performance benchmark when doing custom races and it's nice to have a pre built racecar as a yard stick to measure custom builds against.
 
Last edited:
I was late in the party because I got a fatigue from Sepang earlier and missed the reveal. But F355 Berlinetta included as part of the update 1.72 was the one that caught my eyes because while Forza had F355 in Motorsports and Horizon, their model is inaccurate than the real life counterpart and GT7 model blown Forza model out of the park in terms of details. I hope I will drive the F355 in GT7 as soon the update out in October.
 
The
InCollage_20261003_215423872.webp
DLC cars have been getting more and more ambitious body kit parts, and it maybe a longshot, but as well as the obvious Challenge parts, the options to create the JGTC GT300 cars (as shown above) would be extra cool.
 
Last edited:
Welcome back, Yu Suzuki's F355 Challenge!

(Seriously, this is amazing, I've been waiting to see GT replicate F355 Challenge literally for decades. Sugo was my favourite track in that game, and I've rarely seen it anywhere else. All of a sudden, they add Sugo with THAT car?!?)

Not too interested in the Vision cars, but the 2CV should be good for a giggle. Here's hoping for some comedy engine swaps.
 
I hope people stop posting brainrot wishlists in random threads, and actually contribute to the threads we've made for wishlists and the entire subforum set up for that purpose by the request of PD (which has at least the appearance of small but measurable positive outcomes).

Edit: Huh, doubling-down and claiming a list of cars after "I hope" isn't a wishlist. Interesting move.

I note you've not voted on any of the E55, E63, or RS6 threads in the Suggestions forum, which hints that this isn't actually about getting the cars in the game at all...
Probably a convenience thing. Many are browsing this site on a phone myself included.
Maybe as a suggestion, what about including links to the official GT suggestion thread under each GT news post? It might redirect people correctly
 
mef
Probably a convenience thing. Many are browsing this site on a phone myself included.
Maybe as a suggestion, what about including links to the official GT suggestion thread under each GT news post? It might redirect people correctly
Even on a phone people can search a car and if it's there, it'll show up. If not, as Famine is saying, people can post in the wishlist and new cars they want to see and some of the other threads like PS1 to fully rendered cars threads.

Any person searching a car(s) could post the link as well. I've done that more than a few times. Takes a second on a phone. ;)
 
I wonder if the music they used for the Spec IV October trailer is a clue about what might come in December.
=> Ride of The Valkyries
 
This is just awesome! The Ferrari F355 is a masterpiece and one of my absolute favorite cars of all time.

My dad has a black 1995 F355 GTS and I can’t wait to try it in GT7 and compare it. That engine and exhaust note is just spectacular and it will be fun to try out all of the different exhausts.

Kinda wished the F355 was the 97 model year with the F1 gearbox , but I'll take it nonetheless
Why is that? The gated six-speed manual really is a highlight, and the F1 gearbox takes away a lot of this cars edge, in my opinion.
 
The View attachment 1569058DLC cars have been getting more and more ambitious body kit parts, and it maybe a longshot, but as well as the obvious Challenge parts, the options to create the JGTC GT300 cars (as shown above) would be extra cool.
That would be awesome 🤩

Sadly I don’t think we had pop up conversions as body parts… the only one I have in mind is the rx7 that we do have the Mazda speed bumper with integrated headlights, but it still retains the pop ups🤔
 
Last edited:
This is just awesome! The Ferrari F355 is a masterpiece and one of my absolute favorite cars of all time.

My dad has a black 1995 F355 GTS and I can’t wait to try it in GT7 and compare it. That engine and exhaust note is just spectacular and it will be fun to try out all of the different exhausts.


Why is that? The gated six-speed manual really is a highlight, and the F1 gearbox takes away a lot of this cars edge, in my opinion.
Hand on heart I was going post this when I saw it on my feed a couple days ago as a maybe, but was a long shot. Look at that.
 
Did Polyphony say whether there could be some more bonus % to the custom racing events with level 71-90 collections (And possibly, retroactively 51-70?) Most of the track I'm stuck at 270-305% because of how the payouts are partially tied not only to collector level but also track experience mastery and... uh... I don't have that mastery. 😅
 
Last edited:
That would be awesome 🤩

Sadly I don’t think we had pop up conversions as body parts… the only one I have in mind is the rx7 that we do have the Mazda speed bumper with integrated headlights, but it still retains the pop ups🤔
Yeah. The RX7 FD Type R Mazdaspeed bumper changes the front lights, but not the pop-ups, which is step in the right direction. The XJ220 does have the option to remove it's headlight covers so the lights are permanently exposed. The recently added SU7 and Camaro race-mod are the only two cars in the game to allow their bonnet/hood to be changed and the 911 GT3R is the only car that allows the option for the Evo fender louvres to be attached. So like I said it's a longshot. I realistically only expect the Challenge parts to be available in the game. But there is precedent for more and more parts of cars to be altered, based on recent DLC cars.
 
Last edited:
For the car viewer, I’m a bit disappointed that they didn’t use any of the VR Showroom scenes at all. I guess we can’t walk around the car or check out the interior (judging by the menu buttons), and can only rotate the camera around the car. Hope I’m wrong, though.

VR:



Car Viewer:
 
Last edited:
For the car viewer, I’m a bit disappointed that they didn’t use any of the VR Showroom scenes at all. I guess we can’t walk around the car or check out the interior (judging by the menu buttons), and can only rotate the camera around the car. Hope I’m wrong, though.

VR:



Car Viewer:
A bit unfortunate if that’s the case. I didn’t notice if there was an option for time of day in the Car Viewer menu.
 
BMW M5 got switched interesting but still nice to see the F355
I am convinced they switched them to pay homage to Sega's F355 Challenge, the first and maybe last official title to include Circuit Sugo.
 
Bold predictions for the final 5 cars next to the M5

  • All three current Super GT GT500s
  • M4 GT3 (Feels like its inevitable at some point)
  • 2000s era Formula car, new Toyota model (TR010 or GR GT to hype up the car's 2027 launch?) or another long time fan requested car from a past title or one thats never been in a GT title before
This list is missing at least one or two random Kei cars, hatchbacks or modern crossovers. I'd say you get one of those predictions but not more than that.

Also very excited for the F355, going to be buying 20 of those of course and getting them to Challenge spec right away.
 
Nice to see the F355 Berlinetta making her first appearance in the GT franchise. It's somehow filled the Ferrari void with the 512TR and F50 already in the game.
Didn't realise the Honda Stepwagon was a sporty, luxurious MPV 😎
All cars are pretty solid, even the two fictional ones. While I was strongly averse to VGTs at the start, they've grown on me a bit since they do include technologies and designs that have been used in future production cars.
 
I'm most looking forward to the Mazda GT3 Evo. Then maybe the Civic. And I'll get 10 minutes of fun out of the Ferrari. Don't care for the rest.

Fingers crossed for a 3UZ engine swap for the '20 Supra.
U Not interesting about Sugo??
 
Sugo seems like a nice technical track from the onboards I've seen, good addition. Still wondering why Motegi never came back, scanning a track on home soil should be easier than going abroad and they could probably work out a cheap licensing deal.
 
Back