Gran Turismo Spec IV Thread: Autumn Ring, Sugo Circuit, and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,115 comments
  • 116,216 views
VGT rant ahead

PD has to be aware that VGTs are always the least popular cars in updates (if there isn't also an untuneable hybrid in the update). I think what would help with the image of the whole project is if VGTs weren't completely abandoned after a time trial that comes with the update. Host one make daily races in them or BOP similar ones against each other (electric, similar downforce values, similar power and weight, etc.), use them more in those weekly challenges, just anything more than being taken up space after one time usage. That Honda VGT time trial was pretty good right? More of that.

Because they're so underrepresented, people bandwagon on assuming they're all different versions of the Tomahawk X and banning them in most lobbies instead of see them as individual cars of different performance levels that can be fun to drive and race. After the likely time trial with the Xiaomi finishes, most will never think about nor touch it ever again and that just feels like a waste of a car.

Sincerely, one of the very few VGT advocates I guess lol
This makes me think back to Roflwaffle's video on VGT, and how the biggest problem is that many of them can be difficult to properly use in game, due to a lack of events, tuning/setup options, and many of them being so crazy only the Valkyrie really gets close to their level.

Yes, there are some VGT cars I do genuinely like, but what purpose is an 1000+hp electric piss missile that doesn't turn, can't last more than a few laps without the battery dying, and (AFAIK) can't be used in custom races due to the modes weird restrictions of EVs.

If GT actually properly implemented VGT cars into the main gameplay loop, I'd bet some people would come around to them, but as is, they are basically marketing stunts that only exist for you to oogle at and nothing more. Essentially just PD and the auto industry huffing their own exhaust fumes.
 
Last edited:
That’s true. The LFA got a bit of that too.
What could a nostalgic Gran Turismo car be? Primera? Legnum? Soarer? Griffith? Forester or Legacy? C4 Grand Sport? No doubt a few people would love to see the NISMO R33 LM road car fully rendered.
I was looking at rosters recently and was surprised to learn that the Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 has perfect series attendance from GT1-6. It's gotta be the sleeper of "Gran Turismo cars".
 
I am very pleased to see the F355! I always wondered if it would ever turn up her in GT7. My love of this car came from many hours (days) on Dreamcast F355 Challenge I still have the game disc and Dreamcast.
View attachment 1569110
Also the engine sound and handling, it has to be one of the best cars to be added for me. Weirdly by coincidence I was only just watching the JayEmm video all about the car (the 2 min intro is very cool) and then it arrives! A nice interesting watch about the car.



This is truly one of those cars from my childhood that I would give a lot to own.
 
I was looking at rosters recently and was surprised to learn that the Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96 has perfect series attendance from GT1-6. It's gotta be the sleeper of "Gran Turismo cars".
In terms of cars that have been in all 6 games, the '97 Chevy Camaro Z28 is another one that often gets overlooked, being one of the few non-Japanese cars that has been here since day 1.

But I feel in terms of "Gran Turismo cars" the main thing that springs to mind is the R390 GT1, due to it being one of the "Big 3" end game AI opponents of GT3, alongside the 787B and Toyota GT-One, of which it is the last of said iconic trio still MIA.
 
Last edited:
I really hope we get some good longer races for Sugo. it definitely needs at least a 20 min+ event for both the Super Formulas and the Super GT machines in the WTC900 menu.

this will probably be unpopular, but other than Sugo and the Motul Civic i'm not particularly excited about this update. just because i think most of the cars will suffer from a lack of interesting events to be used in. the F355 is cool but it's hard to be excited about driving it when most of the options for races are 5 laps of chase the rabbit against a bunch of untuned road cars.

and yes i know you can make more interesting races by tuning a custom grid, but it's annoying when you have to spend all that time tuning and testing each car just to have a race with halfway balanced machinery.
 
the F355 is cool but it's hard to be excited about driving it when most of the options for races are 5 laps of chase the rabbit against a bunch of untuned road cars.

and yes i know you can make more interesting races by tuning a custom grid, but it's annoying when you have to spend all that time tuning and testing each car just to have a race with halfway balanced machinery.

Guess your not a fan of recreating your own F355 challenge race? :/
 
This is pure speculation, but I think the car concierge has increased wait depending on how many requests you have made. The example they used was the W196R in the fourth slot, so my guess is that perhaps the more slots you have used at that time, the timer for the most recent slot increases from the previous slot. That, or the credit value/rarity of the car request affects the time required to 'acquire' the car.
 
mef
Non inclusion of Motegi in GT7 is a classic case of PD.
It’s a great track to drive in game, and in real life the place is reachable from Tokyo within 1hr (so access is easy)
And the place is also the home of the Honda heritage museum, a must visit for any automotive fan, not just Honda. They have all famous road Honda models there including race cars. It’s like Porsches museum in stuttgart.
Anyhow, this track is special in Japan and PD continuous to do it disservice by non inclusion.
https://share.google/g3ZdRGfc8ZX6U0ZC2
I'm pretty sure it'll come back eventually whether in 7 or a future title. Track scanning takes a lot longer nowadays and even then, they would still have to go through proper licensing.
 
Guess your not a fan of recreating your own F355 challenge race? :/
i wouldn't mind nearly as much if i could set it up without having to buy 20 copies of the one car just so they can run different liveries
I’d say that will be a Weekly Challenge One Make for sure.
i think the 2CV will be the one to get a semi-regular One Make in the weeklies, the F355 will probably just get a new event in the Ferrari challenge menu
 
Man, not good to get me thinking what could or maybe how good the Part 2 update is that they had to swap the F355 out. Would the F355 been overfill for Part 2? Are PD that confident with Part 2 to place the F355 with the 2CV and the Stepwgn?

Following the trend for end of year updates.

December 2022 One car(Celica) from past GT.
View attachment 1569176

I mean, look at Spec II. Not a dud in this pic.(I’m not a Tesla fan, but it was new at the time). Three(not quite four, for arguments sake)cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569163

Spec III Seriously, what in the what?! Can’t ask for a more diverse update. Four(like 3.5) cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569164

Spec IV So far, three cars from past GTs.
View attachment 1569165
View attachment 1569166

Maybe one more car from a past GT and four new to the series. Four cars from Asia and two from Europe.

Only Spec III didn’t have a car from the Americas. There hasn’t been a real car(Camaro RM doesn’t count) from the USA, since Update 1.59(C5 Z06), in May of last year!

The DMC12 and GNX come to mind for either one to be in Part 2. As well as the Pebble Beach AAR EAGLE Indy Car. Then, someone mentioned seeing a T-Bird, back in August, when PD HQ photos were taken at a site visit.
In the same visit, there were models spotted like a Bentley Continental, Lexus ISF and an Indy Car logo on a box for a model.

Past rumoured cars like the Mitsubishi Starion came to mind and Lamborghini Espada.

Whatever the remaining cars, must be some really cool choices to come.
Looking at the significant updates over the years has got me really excited. I think that since these are "Spec IV" updates and are going to hold a lot of marketing weight. All of the PR is going to have them going all out for the remaining 5, not just some Hyundai and VGT pack.

Rather exciting knowing that they got the RX Vision and Chinese hypercar thing out of the way, so that all remaining 5 should be absolute bangers.

Hard to say they would add another Civic either the FD2 or EP3, but I think there's a lot of vehicle generations getting their fill so I would love to believe some Mustang would fill a void. But who knows it'll probably be another Miata lol
 
Last edited:
Rather exciting knowing that they got the RX Vision and Chinese hypercar thing out of the way, so that all remaining 5 should be absolute bangers.
It‘s probably safe to assume that at least 2 or 3 of them will be returning cars from the series (in addition to the M5).

The Spec II update had the Nismo 400 R, 190 E Evo and Lexus LFA.

Spec III had the Mine‘s Skyline, FTO and Espace F1.
 
Last edited:
Is there another World Series event before december? I wonder when we will see more details for decenber update ;)
 
Looking at the significant updates over the years has got me really excited. I think that since these are "Spec IV" updates and are going to hold a lot of marketing weight. All of the PR is going to have them going all out for the remaining 5, not just some Hyundai and VGT pack.

Rather exciting knowing that they got the RX Vision and Chinese hypercar thing out of the way, so that all remaining 5 should be absolute bangers.

Hard to say they would add another Civic either the FD2 or EP3, but I think there's a lot of vehicle generations getting their fill so I would love to believe some Mustang would fill a void. But who knows it'll probably be another Miata lol
A red drop top seems about right for Christmas. ;)

I think someone mentioned the quirky cars being in Part 1. I keep thinking about someone posting the Vince McMahon gif if several cars are added in Part 2 that many members want. :lol:
 
I actually would choose this rather than an F40, and I love F40. Something about the F355 that just feels right IMO
I think it’s how it feels refined. It doesn’t have any aggressive aero, giving it a very sleek profile, then there’s the naturally aspirated V8.

Curious to see how faithful PD is in modeling it.

Time to go dream on Bring a Trailer lol (I’m hoping the classics market dies down with USD inflation; I remember the F355 being quite reasonable relative to other Ferraris, but that’s changed over time.)
 
i wouldn't mind nearly as much if i could set it up without having to buy 20 copies of the one car just so they can run different liveries

Liveries. Schmilveries. What can be better than racing at the Nordschleife, at night, in heavy rain, in reverse (why not go all in). Preferably in interior view with the camera set as far back and low as possible, with big window banner partially obscuring your view. All these factors, will help you not notice any of the other pesky, samey, vehicles liveries. All your problems solved. In fact I think it should be mandatory race if you don't log into the game once every two days. You'll have amassed enough credits for your 20 unique liveried F355s in no time.

If I get sent another survey by Sony on what we want included in a future GT7 update, I'll be sure to suggest this genius of a race idea.
 
Last edited:
Liveries. Schmilveries. What can be better than racing at the Nordschleife, at night, in heavy rain, in reverse (why not go all in), in cockpit view. Preferably in interior view with the camera set as far back and low as possible, with big window banner partially obscuring your view. All these factors, will help you not notice any of the other pesky vehicles liveries. All your problems solved. In fact I think it should be mandatory race if you don't log into the game once every two days. You'll have amassed enough credits for your 20 unique liveried F355s in no time.

If I get sent another survey by Sony on what we want included in a future GT7 update, I'll be sure to suggest this genius of a race idea.
Seth Meyers Ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
 
I'm pretty sure it'll come back eventually whether in 7 or a future title. Track scanning takes a lot longer nowadays and even then, they would still have to go through proper licensing.
Kaz said that the Nurburgring, given the Nordschleife's size and complexity, took four years to build (this was assuming work on GT Sport's pre-production started shortly after GT6 was released).

Nowadays we get an average of around two tracks a year (only one in 2024).

The fact that we're unlikely to get any GT500's yet even with Spec IV, Chapter 2 is because maybe Polyphony are saving it for when they feel they're ready to add Motegi.
 
That would be messed up for PD to withhold the Super GT cars, especially with Kaz saying they release cars when ready. However, PD showed the M5 and we’ll see it in a Part 2 update. Maybe that’s their PDLogic™️ of the Spec IV being one update, but it’s too big for PS4. 🤷‍♂️

GT Sport added then new Super GT cars without all the venues Super GT run.
 
That would be messed up for PD to withhold the Super GT cars, especially with Kaz saying they release cars when ready. However, PD showed the M5 and we’ll see it in a Part 2 update. Maybe that’s their PDLogic™️ of the Spec IV being one update, but it’s too big for PS4. 🤷‍♂️

Or seeing as this falls right with their anniversary coming up, they wanted to free up that second list of cars with some special surprises and that returning BMW M5 felt more at home with the second half. Was never a guarantee most or even the whole list of cars shown in the initial announcement was final.
GT Sport added then new Super GT cars without all the venues Super GT run.
I mean PD at the most has always had Suzuka and Fuji so Autopolis for GT Sport was the first real Non-car Super GT content they did add (Though it could also be argued as their first Super Formula Content as well). Anyone making THAT big a deal about GT500 cars not being with Sugo are not only missing the Ferrari F355 challenge connection, but also ignoring that PD have NEVER included GT500 cars with a Super GT Track.
 
Last edited:
Or seeing as this falls right with their anniversary coming up, they wanted to free up that second list of cars with some special surprises and that returning BMW M5 felt more at home with the second half. Was never a guarantee most or even the whole list of cars shown in the initial announcement was final.

I mean PD at the most has always had Suzuka and Fuji so Autopolis for GT Sport was the first real Non-car Super GT content they did add (Though it could also be argued as their first Super Formula Content as well). Anyone making THAT big a deal about GT500 cars not being with Sugo are not only missing the Ferrari F355 challenge connection, but also ignoring that PD have NEVER included GT500 cars with a Super GT Track.
That’s what I was thinking I posted when they showed the Civic, 2CV and M5. Proposing they debuted in the same Gran Turismo and wondering if PD would group the December update cars in a similar way.
Just reading into the six of twelve cars previewed, three made their franchise debut in GT4 and three are brand new to the franchise. I wonder if a next three will have made their debuts in the franchise from a same GT and three be brand new to the franchise.
 
Last edited:
Back