Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
Well, I finally got to 20m and bought my first unicorn (the 330P4), so now I'm starting from zero again, building up reserves for whenever 1.39 arrives.

My guess is, because May goes all the way to Friday 31st, we won't see an update till 28th or 29th, if at all this month. If that is correct, then we are unlikely to get a silhouette until sometime around Saturday 25th May, unless we get one early to build up hype for something special in the car list.

If we are getting Goodwood Circuit this month, then at least one classic car seems inevitable in the update.

Anyway, I've tried out all the cars in the April update. Not good at the SF races, so will go back to the other March cars - some of which I still haven't had time to drive yet! Plus I can finally complete those Nostalgia races and get my 100% completion OCD satisfied :D

If the TS050 was scanned at TMG. There’s a decent chance they also scanned the TS010 and TS020 which is at the facility. Also various rally cars from the WRC era, Group A and Group B.

I'm afraid scanning is the least of the problems when it comes to making cars for a game.
don't kill me for saying such word on GT part of forum but *Forza* sound developer went into a great detail on just the sound alone is complex to make and what needs to be done with the sounds pre and post recording. And thats just one of the elements out of hundreds they need. so Don't be assuming things.
With track only weapons i imagine it is even more costly as you need to count in transport of the cars to track/airport etc.
Stick with what you have Thats why it's hard to match what they work on with what community wants :)

My guess is, because May goes all the way to Friday 31st, we won't see an update till 28th or 29th, if at all this month. If that is correct, then we are unlikely to get a silhouette until sometime around Saturday 25th May, unless we get one early to build up hype for something special in the car list.

Everybody should bear in mind that at the beginning of May all of Japan enjoyed 10 days off because of Golden Week + change of emperor. I would therefore expect the next update to be later than most people expect, and/or for it to be a rather small one.

Everybody should bear in mind that at the beginning of May all of Japan enjoyed 10 days off because of Golden Week + change of emperor. I would therefore expect the next update to be later than most people expect, and/or for it to be a rather small one.

Thanks for the heads up. The last update was on 23 April, so if you remove 10 days from May, that leaves, err, goes to calendar..., 19 working days from 24 April to 31 May.

That does seem to suggest the next update might not come till June, even if the Goodwood track is ready, as there might not be many cars ready to release before 31 May.

Anyway, I've just got my first unicorn (the 330P4) at last, so I've got other things to keep me tied over until whenever it arrives...

Thanks for the heads up. The last update was on 23 April, so if you remove 10 days from May, that leaves, err, goes to calendar..., 19 working days from 24 April to 31 May.

That does seem to suggest the next update might not come till June, even if the Goodwood track is ready, as there might not be many cars ready to release before 31 May.

Anyway, I've just got my first unicorn (the 330P4) at last, so I've got other things to keep me tied over until whenever it arrives...
Aren’t most of these updates Tue/Wed? Seems unlikely we’d get anything this week. So I would think tease next weekend and update following Tue/Wed.

Indy 500 is on 27 May. Would be an awesome bombshell if we get the track and some Indycars to complete the Formula cars roster in GTS :drool: Won't happen though. Keep expectations low besides Goodwood and you'll be less likely to be disappointed.

I would love it if we got the Ford Cortina, Studebaker Hawk, Cunningham C4, Plymouth Barracuda and Ford Galaxie.

Aren’t most of these updates Tue/Wed? Seems unlikely we’d get anything this week. So I would think tease next weekend and update following Tue/Wed.

If the update was on the following Wednesday, that would be 17 working days since the last update, based on the @snowgt post above. So it might not happen in May at all. But I hope we get an update with the track, even if it's lighter on cars than usual - a couple of classics would go well with Goodwood.

I agree that any teaser would be next weekend if there is to be a May update.

I agree that any teaser would be next weekend if there is to be a May update.
In that case, the teaser would be only some days apart from the release of the next update, not the usual like weeks ahead from the announcement.

In that case, the teaser would be only some days apart from the release of the next update, not the usual like weeks ahead from the announcement.
The teaser is nearly always only a few days before the release (in fact, it has been after the release once). I don't recall it ever being weeks before.

The teaser is nearly always only a few days before the release (in fact, it has been after the release once). I don't recall it ever being weeks before.
You're right. I was actually thinking about the gaps between the updates and it would usually take three weeks or more for each of it to arrive.

It just feels like an age since the last 5 cars and autopolis. Its due.

Autopolis was added on 5th March which is why I think it feels so long. Since then we've had two drops of cars, the most recent on 23rd April so just under a month ago. Somebody else pointed out that since the last update Japan has had golden week with time off and a change in Emperor, so that would have slowed things down.

PD haven't ever committed to a regular monthly update, it's just worked out like that so nothing is really due. It will come though. We just need to be patient :)

That's the whole point I was trying to make!
ec82f4772bb457037a55051ed6ac4e70.jpg

Mmmm, god damn, just the sight of it makes me smile.

Back