New Update Coming 03/10/2019

• Thread starter Rizla
  • 121 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early in the month, IMO. Should be at the end of the month like any other major update.

Unless PD does truly pull a fast one on us, that is.
I feel like a new intro is going to come with GT Sport Spec II, which is coming on Friday. I think they are updating the original GT Sport, so it can have the intro too. I don’t know, those are just my thoughts.

Maybe they'll add rain to the other Tokyo routes that don't have it yet.
Pretty sure they won't. South layouts are quite different from East and Central layouts, it'll take some time to be ready for release. Probably just bug fixes or small things like new BoP or a new intro (because of Spec II).

Reactions: Qyn
It shocks me that this website goes into overdrive over the obvious bug fix updates that come after content based updates even though we've been going through this for years now
I don't understand it either. Why even post a thread about it if we know full well it won't contain any new content? It's pointless.

People in here blow their loads too quickly when it comes to all things GT. You’re significant other would be disappointed in you all if you perform like this in real life.

Considering the Tokyo event is this month wouldn’t it make more sense for an “unveil” of any new content to happen there, then release at the end of the month?

I am not sure what people think spec 2 is but the description is just the original release with a load of patches. No new content at all.

CJ

I think the reason we get a lot of filler conversation and wishlists based around update threads has to do with the moderators’ selection of stories and pinning the same open thread to a brand new story.

I understand creating traffic = dollars for this site, but at times their choice of news lacks bang for buck.

Last edited:
Seriously going to be some disappointed folk when they realise this is just a bug fix update just like every other month!

I think the reason we get a lot of filler conversation and wishlists based around updates threads has to do with the moderators selection of stories and pinning the same open thread to a brand new story.

I understand creating traffic = dollars for this site, but at times their choice of news lacks bang for buck.
Firstly, what?

Secondly, the moderators have nothing to do with the site's news section. Indeed no moderators are also writers.

Thirdly, do you think that the largest Gran Turismo news outlet in existence should not be reporting on the news of a new edition of or update to Gran Turismo (and explaining what it is and isn't, clearly, so there's no confusion) - in this case an update that their game is notifying them of when they log in?

Fourthly, news comments threads are tied into existing comments threads - where they exist - because they are where the conversation is already happening, thus minimising duplication, and to drop in the news article stating the facts about the subject so that conversation participants can avoid confusion. No-one who's actually read the article we put in here - which is actually a thread plus posts moved from a second thread - would be hyped for anything at all.

Finally... what? We have an entire forum for people to post things they want in the games precisely because people can't stop themselves from posting wishlists anywhere they can (because for some reason they think that what's important to them [and will occupy them for four minutes until the next thing] is actually important, and going on about it will get them what they want). It happens even on Gran Turismo's own official feeds too, and Kazunori Yamauchi's. Pretty sure they're not inspired by our articles.

Do you think if we hadn't put up an article about it, this thread - which started two hours before I even woke up that day, and three before I wrote the article - would have no self-hyped comments about the update's potential content? Given that there's four hopeful posts in here about Spa, Spec II and the Taycan before the article even went live?

Last edited:
I am eternaly grateful for PD they taught me to never have expectation, and every update content is always a great and possitive surprise. I became such a happy person thanks pd for improving life beyond gaming :D

People in here blow their loads too quickly when it comes to all things GT. You’re significant other would be disappointed in you all if you perform like this in real life.

Considering the Tokyo event is this month wouldn’t it make more sense for an “unveil” of any new content to happen there, then release at the end of the month?

You are speaking from experience I surmise.

You are speaking from experience I surmise.

Great reply bro. Let me break it down again just for you.

First paragraph was a summary of the types of people in here that get too excited before they have even seen what the update is.

Second paragraph uses logic and suggests a more sensible approach to waiting for update content. No brainer, as FIA events have generally been the way they have shown future update content.

If this forum is reserved for logic and a "sensible approach", I doubt if it will keep it's popularity or have the traffic it does. As long as the moderators keep it civil and organised within the forum rules [which I believe they do], members should be free to add whatever they think is a valued contribution. Others should read it like a newspaper - read the articles that interest you and ignore the ones that irritates you. BUT to criticize the journalist or Editor is just as senseless as a non sensible contribution.

It shocks me that this website goes into overdrive over the obvious bug fix updates that come after content based updates even though we've been going through this for years now
After all those years? Really?

In this week's mile points exchange there were some rims I had never seen in 2 years. Did they just add them or was I late on some models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back