Gran Turismo Sport 1.39 Update Now Available: Goodwood Motor Circuit and New Single-Player Events

After running ~200 miles on the track, I really like this track. Fast and flowing circuit, reminds me of Willow Springs. Easy to make mistakes and if you do, you are penalized for it. The chicane adds some complexity that can make or break your lap. As a circuit that's in no other racing game (legit that is), it's nice change of pace.

Famous tracks that are not in every single sim ever:

· Circuito de Jerez
· Motorland Aragón
· Bugatti Circuit
· Slovakiaring
· Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
· Sonoma Raceway
· Miller Motorsports Park
· Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
· SUGO
· Sepang

Any of these would be nice additions for GT Sport.
Amazing list now what about mosport in Canada that was a good track in sports car gt on pc and psx.

I don't get the average online player in this game. I enter a free run lobby named "Goodwood Trackday", which sounds rather soothing on paper, but once I enter it's usually full of people driving prototypes, formula cars, VGTs and maxed out road cars drifting around with bling liveries that make my eyes bleed. Moreover, they won't hesitate to bump slower cars out of their way only to crash themselves badly in the next turn. Stressful 🤬 over and over again!

The game has plenty of ingredients for immersive and lifelike experiences but it always gets ruined by a myriad of maniacs rushing around like there was no tomorrow. Not even the so-called "clean" lobbies manage to overcome this average mentality. I'm not saying my preferences are better than those of other players, but I'm just stunned how the experience always gets tainted by someone giving a flying duck about anything other than pushing their Tomahawk into orbit.

I don't get the average online player in this game. I enter a free run lobby named "Goodwood Trackday", which sounds rather soothing on paper, but once I enter it's usually full of people driving prototypes, formula cars, VGTs and maxed out road cars drifting around with bling liveries that make my eyes bleed. Moreover, they won't hesitate to bump slower cars out of their way only to crash themselves badly in the next turn. Stressful 🤬 over and over again!

The game has plenty of ingredients for immersive and lifelike experiences but it always gets ruined by a myriad of maniacs rushing around like there was no tomorrow. Not even the so-called "clean" lobbies manage to overcome this average mentality. I'm not saying my preferences are better than those of other players, but I'm just stunned how the experience always gets tainted by someone giving a flying duck about anything other than pushing their Tomahawk into orbit.

This is why I don’t enter “Track Day” lobbies, even if cars were specified in the room name. Chances are, scrubs will just let their Tomahawks loose.

All the more reason why PD should include car restrictions in lobbies, so that one-make leagues are possible, and to do away with overpowered cars in each class.

And I love torturing scrubs in my lobby rooms. :mischievous: N class with tire wear will punish them.

I think I might start running proper track day lobbies on Goodwood. Classics only. There needs to be someone doing it. Look out for it in the following weeks. 👍

Absolutely love this Circuit.. I went for the first time to the Goodwood Revival last year and was a blast seeing the AC Cobra's/E Types battle it out. Like someone summarised at the beginning of the thread it's the perfect track for those wanting to drive their classic Cars on.

I'm actually funnily enough heading to the Goodwood Motor Circuit on Sunday for the Breakfast Meet! I'll be driving this on the way down through the beautiful Sussex roads!

Attachments

• 38867382_10155351931931191_2727580996357586944_o.jpg
    38867382_10155351931931191_2727580996357586944_o.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 40
Famous tracks that are not in every single sim ever:

· Circuito de Jerez
· Motorland Aragón
· Bugatti Circuit
· Slovakiaring
· Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
· Sonoma Raceway
· Miller Motorsports Park
· Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
· SUGO
· Sepang

Any of these would be nice additions for GT Sport.

Calling some of these tracks famous is a bit of a stretch. Slovakiaring?

There are a few threads addressing which cars to buy if you want to win and/or be competitive in those races.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...d-mk-iv-or-jaguar-xj-13.384273/#post-12588710

Another shows which cars&races earn you the most Cr., in the shortest amount of time.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/

I appreciate it sir, but it looks like only the 20M cars can win that race.

I also don't grind. I know, I'm weird, but I just don't do it. When the account is full, I'll buy the Ferrari and win the race easily.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Goodwood also had 17 F1 races there albeit not part of the championship but F1 cars and f1 drivers.1949 - 1965

Not many of the wished for tracks have such a history

CJ

Alot testing happened there to. Wouldn't be surprised if a few had there 1st drive of an f1 car there. Goodwood tourist trophy was another big event back in the 60's and attracted many of the top drivers.

But Goodwood circuit does also have it's darkside. Moss had his career ending accident there. Ford water he hit the bank hard. Getting on the grass trying to overtake Hill. In a coma for a few weeks. He still has the steering wheel which his head hit. Nice big dent in that. And Bruce Mclaren lost his life there testing the M8D. Rear bodywork flew off and he went off down the lavant straight. Unfortunately he hit a shed/marshalls post, which was supposed to have been taken down.

I'd like to see the hill climb also. And also the rally track. Which is up near the top of the hill climb. High banks, tree's, a jump or 2 and narrow. We could do with another rally track. One not so wide.

I presume there's no goodwood themed scapes? I've not had the time to play. But that would be cool. Holding area, pits etc. And then FoS you could have the lawns, house and paddocks.

Had high hopes for Goodwood and I have not been disappointed. Had some great Gr. 4 races here earlier. To me Goodwood reminds of a little brother to Hockenheimring, the original one before they destroyed it. You know the good one. It’s a smooth flowing track, with lots of high speed corners and just a few tight corners before the you get back to the line. Overall it’s a great addition and I couldn’t be more pleased with this update :)👍

It's the new track, guys are logging in specifically to see how fast they can hustle their Tomahawks around it. That's just how it is.

Had the same issues earlier. I did all of my "high powered" car test runs in time trial. Went online looking to cruise around in my Toyota 86 Gr.4 and literally every lobby I joined had a tomahawk who couldn't stay on the track or an LMP or Super Formula that would just ram you out of the way. Then I finally found a room that had ghosting on and no one using anything above a Gr.2 car and I stayed for like an hour just turning laps.

To those saying about the chaotic "track day" lobbies where anything goes; why don't you simplify your lives by either A) specifying in the options what category you want to race against or B) make your own lobbies with your own rules? It really doesn't have to be difficult, the game gives you all the tools you need.

Theres a Goodwood themed track you can take photos at

And Fuji, Nurburg, le Mans have both a track and scapes. So why not Goodwood? I'd like off track, behind the scenes. So we can do things with the period correct paddock's. An angle from the top of the pitlane. Hell we could have a Spitfire on the grass somewhere or outside a hanger and position a car. As Goodwood was a WW2 base before a track. And still has a few Spits based there including the 2 seater.

can am banner.jpg

17264929_1477416225602039_5048508680562392772_n.jpg

D115oF8WkAAC2C2.jpg

TRM_8836-1024x684.jpg

FoS you can have the house, Paddocks, lawn, GAS arena, turnaround area's, stable yard or rally track.

92b612c3-d951-40aa-a2a2-c34311a5e56c_teaser_original_720x1_5.jpg

5abc8c7583b0f.jpeg

Last edited:
And Fuji, Nurburg, le Mans have both a track and scapes. So why not Goodwood? I'd like off track, behind the scenes. So we can do things with the period correct paddock's. An angle from the top of the pitlane. Hell we could have a Spitfire on the grass somewhere or outside a hanger and position a car. As Goodwood was a WW2 base before a track. And still has a few there including the 2 seater.

View attachment 824393

View attachment 824394

D115oF8WkAAC2C2.jpg

TRM_8836-1024x684.jpg

FoS you can have the house, Paddocks, lawn, GAS arena, turnaround area's, stable yard or rally track.

5abc8c7583b0f.jpeg

I'd hope it would be because someone knocked some sense into PD to stop wasting resources on a mode that already has 1000 different settings.

And Fuji, Nurburg, le Mans have both a track and scapes. So why not Goodwood? I'd like off track, behind the scenes. So we can do things with the period correct paddock's. An angle from the top of the pitlane. Hell we could have a Spitfire on the grass somewhere or outside a hanger and position a car. As Goodwood was a WW2 base before a track. And still has a few Spits based there including the 2 seater.

View attachment 824393

View attachment 824394

D115oF8WkAAC2C2.jpg

TRM_8836-1024x684.jpg

5abc8c7583b0f.jpeg
Those locations especially the 911 GT2RS and Jaguar XJR-9 shots would be great for Scapes.

Game does need some more Scape locations and this is one of them.
jbareham_1993_1070_01.0.jpg

But anyway did a 30 lap Gr.4 race around Goodwood and I find it very fun.

I took the Shelby Cobra out for a run on Goodwood and I'm like, why is it soo much harder to drive than before? The car struggled to stop and I was sliding everywhere trying to get traction. Turns out the car was fully tuned with 739 HP and 982 KG:lol: So I dialed it back to the standard specifications and the circuit was far more enjoyable. The track is not simple and requires more attention than you'd think to get around quickly. Push it too hard and you will have a huge off because it's such a fast track. Happened several times to me. It's just brilliant, a whole heap of fun.

Goodwood is a fantastic addition. Finally a track that is rarely found in games (aside from being a mod in rFactor or Assetto Corsa). Great flow and proper old school track with small margin of error. It feels properly bumpy, with little ruts here and there that can throw you off the line (and off the track!) if you're not careful. I just wish we have an unchicaned version, as that ruins the end of the lap for me. That aside, dawn and dusk time of day looks unbelievable. Probably the best and most natural track lighting in the whole game besides Nordschleife. Here's hoping the Hillclimb also gets added at some point in the future 👍

Not much else to say besides that. New scapes are nice. New physics honestly I haven't felt anything major though I haven't tested extensively with a familiar car. New cars are sorely missed but ACC V1.0 has just released on the same day so that helps to cover me for the month ahead :D

Worse. Lateral grip is just....gone. tried the last mission thing on the ring. AI continues to just maintain their standard follow the leader crap, right in the middle of the track. You can't punt them out of the way. The car never handles consistently, and there are no BOP updates. The xbow, sfr, and 911 will continue to be the only cars you can compete in for n500 races. But hey, there's a new track.
I logged in yesterday for the first time in a week or so to try Goodwood and the cars just felt like they were aquaplaning. I have been playing a lot of Dirt where the cars have so much grip and ridiculously good braking so wondered if I just needed to get used to GT Sport again but it felt so bad that I don’t think I want to.

Back